Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665281 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456406 Jun 25, 2013
Did Jesus Teach Cannibalism?
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. John 6:53
The Bible clearly teaches the absolute prohibition against eating blood. My question concerns [Jesus'] statement, "Unless you eat (my body) and drink (my blood) you have no part of me."
How do you understand [Jesus'] seeming blatant denigration of eating/drinking blood when there is such a Jewish revulsion against this very idea?
Obviously [Jesus] wasn't telling his disciples to break the prohibition against eating blood by offering his own blood to drink. This is one of the so-called "hard sayings" of [Jesus]. A passage that sheds excellent light on these passages is 1 Samuel 23:17.
A couple of verses earlier, David was very thirsty at the encampment awaiting the battle with the Philistines.
He made the comment, "Oh, that someone would give me water to drink from the well of Bethlehem which is by the gate." Then three of David's men broke through the camp of the Philistines and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem and brought it to David.
However, David poured it out, saying, "Be it far from me, O YHWH, that I should do this. Shall I drink the blood of the men who went in jeopardy of their lives?"
Now, obviously David's men weren't giving David their own blood to drink, but water from the well in Bethlehem.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456407 Jun 25, 2013
evil is always evil

i hope one day will be complite elimination of everything what others posess as evil decivers..

'if i need i will remove this planet and much more'
who say that..not me

corrupt evil people not deserve leadership
evil upon evil
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#456408 Jun 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not qualify for a response...try again....

The only thing that makes sense to you is your "Editorialized,(bible only) inconsistent, relative truth, contradicting Protestant "Church History Book" that changes whenever and whichever direction

There is nothing else to say Ox! That about "sums it up" for you and your contradicting and inconsistent Protestant "bible only" "merry-go-round"--of 42,000 +(relative truth) denominations.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#456409 Jun 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
The early Church was called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (he didn't say Orthodox Church)(Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.” It would have been known by that name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing. Also, as I said, the term “the Way” was only used by Jewish Christians when speaking to other Jews.
youtube

AOL

#456410 Jun 26, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456411 Jun 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: OldJG wrote:
Lies? No lies. Are you going to tell us the Roman Empire had nothing to do with the Roman Catholic church and vice versa? The true capital of Christianity is Jerusalem. Why have your popes NEVER sat in Jerusalem? Also, how many popes have visited Israel since 1948?
I believe 3 popes have visited Israel since 1948.

Anyway, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.. The Apostles and other Christians were scattered about.
The Miracle is that The Holy Spirit took the same wicked, brutal Empire that destroyed Jerusalem; slaughtered countless Christians; murdered 31 of the first 32 Popes and converted them to Christianity. That is Amazing.
Constantine was used by the resurrected Christ to bring about order in His Church (another testament of divine intervention). Prior to 313 AD, it was difficult to have order in Christendom. From 303 AD to 313, the worst persecution of Christianity unfolded. There was a period of confusion and chaos. Scriptures were destroyed; Church buildings leveled; Bishops and Priest fed to the lions. A few yrs later, God ended the suffering and answered the prayers of the people and the martyrd Saints.

What you fail to acknowledge Mr Gee, is that the Bible didn't come to canon until 80 yrs after this.

Do you think the Holy Spirit just used the Catholic Church to decide the Books of the Bible, but secretly waited til the 16th century to reveal the ministry of Jesus Christ through the folks who would pick it up and read it? But the establishment of the Church that compiled the Bible was really under the guidance of Constantine and the Devil?
If thats the case, then Christ is a phony. He let Hell prevail against His Church, and started 45,000 other ones once the Bible became available.

Also Catholicism, is the same before and after Constantine, which we proved to you by the Martyrd Christians who wrote about it.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456412 Jun 26, 2013
My point (Oldjg) is that if Christian teachings became corrupted, it wouldn't have happened under Constantine, it would have happened much sooner because the writings pre Constantine, reveal explicit details about the Eucharist, Baptism, Confession, the nature of Jesus Christ and Marian theology. Starting in 80 AD with the epistles of Clement on up to Ignatius, Polycarp, Martyr, Iraneus and others.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456413 Jun 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
By any and all means possible as;
psalm 119:72
The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver.
proberbs 8:10-11
Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
You just confirmed oral tradition.
Thanks for the assist.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456414 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your blithe dismissal has nothing to do with the content of what I wrote. Go back to sleep.
It's the crux of your argument.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456415 Jun 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that, but if you are going to refute assertions, you'll need to utilize all the available information, and not just stop with whatever you think you should.
With you questioning me, only goes to show you agree that you have been short changed with the belief you have.
Bummer for you.
So, you ARE requiring that I use your source and affirm it as valid.

That's what I thought.

Thanks. Isn't a simple "yes" less typing for you?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456416 Jun 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Dan wrote:
Your assertion here requires that God do as you would see fit, when you would see fit; i.e. that He conforms to your expectations of behavior as you would proscribe.
That's the position that renders God less than God, if any does.
<quoted text>
Exactly my point.
As you can see - "Dan" - a Catholic - just couldn't resist answering you with double-talk and twist your post to sound like you are the bad guy, when your post had nothing to do with his response.
But he sure thought it did. That is fear of the truth speaking. It seems he can;t control it.
*sighs*
wildride's position on the post I responded to was the latest in a long line of "God doesn't do what I'd expect God to do, so there isn't a God" posts.

I didn't make him the bad guy, but I guess I'd need to know how or why God conforms Himself to what wilderide thinks He should do before accepting his premise.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456417 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that very interesting. I remember a looooong time ago on Topix by someone who knew quite a bit about the Councils of Nicea and how the canon of the Bible came into being. Talk about letting a political group determine ideology, that was the beginning of it all. And then you have Martin Luther editing out seven books of the Catholic Bible to make the Protestant one. He wanted to remove Revelation as well, which he probably should have. Most Biblical scholars seem to agree it doesn't belong in there, due to it's shaky provenance. Luther left it in, but prefaced it with a note essentially washing his hands of responsibility for it.
Um, the Council of Nicea was a gathering of Christian bishops-not a political gathering.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456418 Jun 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.. The Apostles and other Christians were scattered about.
The Miracle is that The Holy Spirit took the same wicked, brutal Empire that destroyed Jerusalem; slaughtered countless Christians; murdered 31 of the first 32 Popes and converted them to Christianity. That is Amazing.
Constantine was used by the resurrected Christ to bring about order in His Church (another testament of divine intervention). Prior to 313 AD, it was difficult to have order in Christendom. From 303 AD to 313, the worst persecution of Christianity unfolded. There was a period of confusion and chaos. Scriptures were destroyed; Church buildings leveled; Bishops and Priest fed to the lions. A few yrs later, God ended the suffering and answered the prayers of the people and the martyrd Saints.
What you fail to acknowledge Mr Gee, is that the Bible didn't come to canon until 80 yrs after this.
Do you think the Holy Spirit just used the Catholic Church to decide the Books of the Bible, but secretly waited til the 16th century to reveal the ministry of Jesus Christ through the folks who would pick it up and read it? But the establishment of the Church that compiled the Bible was really under the guidance of Constantine and the Devil?
If thats the case, then Christ is a phony. He let Hell prevail against His Church, and started 45,000 other ones once the Bible became available.
Also Catholicism, is the same before and after Constantine, which we proved to you by the Martyrd Christians who wrote about it.
~~~~

The truth is ....Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

ROMAN CATHOLICISM ....HAS NO SEMBLANCE ....TO .... TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST.

IT HAS THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMELEON...

IT HAS CHANGED TO FIT INTO MULTIPLE ENVIRONMENTS UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY

EXTRICATED ITSELF FROM ANY THING AT ALL THAT IDENTIFIES WITH

CHRISTIANITY...

IT IS AN ALTOGETHER SEPARATE ENTITY

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456419 Jun 26, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
Shakespeare onced said "There are more things in Heaven and earth than is drempt in our philosophy."
Just as it's part of your philosophy, religion was part and parcel of Shakespeare's philosophy.

Unfortunately, religion in all it's many morphed forms was and is highly contagious.
youtube

AOL

#456420 Jun 26, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456421 Jun 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
My point (Oldjg) is that if Christian teachings became corrupted, it wouldn't have happened under Constantine, it would have happened much sooner because the writings pre Constantine, reveal explicit details about the Eucharist, Baptism, Confession, the nature of Jesus Christ and Marian theology. Starting in 80 AD with the epistles of Clement on up to Ignatius, Polycarp, Martyr, Iraneus and others.
Religion that bragged of owning truth was corrupted from its beginnings.

Catholics just added their own form of corruption to the milieu.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456422 Jun 26, 2013
Furthermore, OldJG, you are assuming that the will of Christ- revealed through the 'Bible believing Christians"- involves condoms, birth control pills and homosexual marriage. At last check, all of Protestantism embraces contraception.
Of course, individually not all of you are in agreement with the above. And I acknowledge many supposed Catholics support this, but the difference is that they are violating the teachings of the Church. What does your particular Bible believing sect say about abortion, contraception add gay marriage? I say this is proof you guys couldn't be the carriers of divine guidance. I've seen essays from supposed Pastors endorsing 'family planning'. And they are born again evangelical...led to truth thru the Holy Spirit they claim.
Someone has got to be led to truth. Who is it?
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456423 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
CHRISTIANITY...
Ok ... how?

Is it the Eucharist, Baptism, Confession and Marian theology? Or the funny robes they wear?

At what point did 'Roman' Catholicism become corrupted. Was it Constantine, or when Protestants gave us the Roman title in the 17th century?
You guys need to start being challenged on your scenarios of this supposed corruption. You do not provide any evidence to back up your accusations against the Church. Try foregoing deception te prove your claims Confrint. Your religion should be able to stand on its own merit. I see it immediately falling apart from ignorance.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456424 Jun 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Miracle is that The Holy Spirit took the.....snip...leveled; Bishops and Priest fed to the lions. A few yrs later, God ended the suffering and answered the prayers of the peo......ks who would pick it up and read it? But the establishment of the Church that compiled the Bible was really under the guidance of Constantine and the Devil?
It's great that theses popes have visited Israel

The non Catholic Christians have been in Israel with missions and money for refugees relocation for a long time..this land belongs to the Jews..And we have acknowledged and supported that for decades.

And your own John Paul acknowledged the Christian martyrs who were not Catholic..

Again Again you all think you have cornered the market on spreading the truth that matters...And GOD has used ALL OF US.

What if it is a simple as this.

The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.
AND PRESERVED THE WORD as you said.

GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.

He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.

GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.

Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.

Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.

He allowed this country to become a shining city .

He allowed for Vatican 2

He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.

And for good relations with Israel

And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles

GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)

And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.

But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.

GOD ALLOWED all of this.

I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.

Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved

We believe in the Bible as the way.

Maybe for each time in history it was through both .

So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.

Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.

AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish

Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.

GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.

GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.

We needed each other.to do His will.

And it is folly to believe differently. Imo

If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.

But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows

And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456425 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
CHRISTIANITY...
~~~~

JESUS SAID..

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT LIFT UP NOR DOES IT GLORIFY JESUS...

IT GLORIFIES ITSELF...

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 -->THAT NO FLESH SHOULD GLORY IN HIS PRESENCE.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,

HE THAT GLORIETH LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD.

___

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT REPRESENT JESUS CHRIST.

IT HAS NO

wisdom, righteousness, and sanctification, and

PROMISES NO redemption: ONLY A DEAD END STREET.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 min truth 535
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min X Pendable 184,718
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 15 min Truthiness 116
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Bongo 88,087
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min crucifiedguy 284,534
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min RiversideRedneck 977,273
topic sex forum gone? 1 hr Cookie9904 59
More from around the web