Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,981 - 440,000 of 538,578 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant in general. When someone is wrong sometimes or often then it is time to move on.
A preacher must know God first then the scriptures then it must be a he not a she.
I will never let a woman preach to me. Why? Because God says so!
Lol
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

colups systems and organization=zero
Do you support your leaders about 99% colups systems in all aspect..do you liked be control under Luciferian policy of new evil tehnology?
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Isiah 22:22 "And I will place on his shoulder the KEY of the house of David; He shall open and none shall shut; and he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house"
~~~~
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE APOSTLE PETER
PETER WAS NOT A DESCENDENT OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID...SO PETER DOES NOT QUALIFY...
IN YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION/DREAMS ...
YOU ATTEMPT TO HIJACK THE DYNASTY OF DAVID AND GIVE IT TO A BUNCH OF GENTILES...
IN ROME..
.AND DENY THE EXISTENCE OF THE CHILDREN OF JOSEPH AND MARY
WHO WERE THE REAL DESCENDENTS OF OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID ON THE EARTH...
THE LORD REBUKE YOU.
YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY WILL REAP THE HARVEST OF THE TREACHERY, LIES AND DECEPTION
WHICH IT HAS PROPAGATED.
Christ was well informed on the Book of Isaiah and the dynasty of David.
Tell me Confrint. why did Jesus Christ purposely use the Keys reference in Isaiah 22:22 -almost verbatim - when He spoke to Peter in Matthew 16:18?
The Apostles were well informed on the Book of Isaiah too. You can be sure that they understood the meaning behind the Keys too.
That's sola scripture.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

It is written many many will come in my name its not me..how much they are honest..zero.
Do you trust zero honesty?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

How Heaven=Neva eh become is David or someone else?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
Listen carefully Kay, your salvation may depend on it:
You are using deception like your husband. Just because Jesus gave Peter the keys, DOESN'T MEAN CHRIST GAVE UP HIS SET!
you added your own personal opinion to John's Book.
Here is the only verse in Revelation you should be interpreting "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book; if anyone adds to them, God will add to them the plagues described in this book" Rev. 22:18

Jesus didn't say that, "I have SOME keys, or A key." He said, "I have THE keys."

Read what He says...
KayMarie
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Sera
That was enlightening
So if your faiths prayers were answered. other would be a uniting of both churches with no one head of the Church?
Jesus is the head of His Holy Church. Its not catholic nor any of the protestant denominations.
Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world; we the people are the bride of Christ; the TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT .
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God;

Luke 13:18-35

New International Version (NIV)

The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast

18 Then Jesus asked,“What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? 19 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

20 Again he asked,“What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? 21 It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds[a] of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

The Narrow Door

22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him,“Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading,‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer,‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26 “Then you will say,‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27 “But he will reply,‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
cont
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Jesus’ Sorrow for Jerusalem

31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him,“Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”

32 He replied,“Go tell that fox,‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ 33 In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

34 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say,‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[b]”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

who="Disciple"
I meant in general. When someone is wrong sometimes or often then it is time to move on.
A preacher must know God first then the scriptures then it must be a he not a she.

Jesus Himself sent Mary and the other women to preach the resurrection to the Apostles. Anna, in the temple when Jesus was taken there, went out and preached about Him to all the believers in Jerusalem.

The woman at the well went back to her home and preached that the Messiah had come. Her whole city accepted Him.

Priscilla worked alongside her husband, Acquilla, preaching and teaching the gospel.

Paul speaks of a number of women who helped him...even telling the church to support some of them. He instructed the women at Corinth to avoid disturbing the church to ask questions. He did not tell all women to be silent, all of the time.

A number of women followed Jesus through Galilee, and ministered to Him of their substance. They went to the Crucifixion, to the tomb, and to the Upper Room, where they were baptized in the Holy Spirit.

It's all in the Bible...

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Your church was once part of the Orthodox Church and broke from them in 1054 when your bIshop wanted to be in control of all the other Four Bishops....the world Catholic means UNIVERSAL NOT CATHOLIC AS IN YOUR CHURCH OF TODAY. Now why is it that you catholics dont get that.Is so simple and makes since...One Bishop breaks from 4 not the other way around....
Sorry to "burst your" (mythology) Orthodox Church History bubble Seraphima, but YOU are the one that keeps living the same old history lie!!!!
The early Church was called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>

Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”

Here is what Ignatius says:

"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (he didn't say Orthodox Church)(Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)

Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.” It would have been known by that name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing. Also, as I said, the term “the Way” was only used by Jewish Christians when speaking to other Jews.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Bible Verse of the Day

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Ephesians 1:3-4 (KJV)
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Receiving Yourself in the Fires of Sorrow
... what shall I say?’Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.’Father, glorify Your name’—John 12:27-28
As a saint of God, my attitude toward sorrow and difficulty should not be to ask that they be prevented, but to ask that God protect me so that I may remain what He created me to be, in spite of all my fires of sorrow. Our Lord received Himself, accepting His position and realizing His purpose, in the midst of the fire of sorrow. He was saved not from the hour, but out of the hour.
We say that there ought to be no sorrow, but there is sorrow, and we have to accept and receive ourselves in its fires. If we try to evade sorrow, refusing to deal with it, we are foolish. Sorrow is one of the biggest facts in life, and there is no use in saying it should not be. Sin, sorrow, and suffering are, and it is not for us to say that God has made a mistake in allowing them.
Sorrow removes a great deal of a person’s shallowness, but it does not always make that person better. Suffering either gives me to myself or it destroys me. You cannot find or receive yourself through success, because you lose your head over pride. And you cannot receive yourself through the monotony of your daily life, because you give in to complaining. The only way to find yourself is in the fires of sorrow. Why it should be this way is immaterial. The fact is that it is true in the Scriptures and in human experience. You can always recognize who has been through the fires of sorrow and received himself, and you know that you can go to him in your moment of trouble and find that he has plenty of time for you. But if a person has not been through the fires of sorrow, he is apt to be contemptuous, having no respect or time for you, only turning you away. If you will receive yourself in the fires of sorrow, God will make you nourishment for other people.
Bible in One Year: Job 3-4; Acts 7:44-60
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

who="Clay"
Listen carefully Kay, your salvation may depend on it:
You are using deception like your husband. Just because Jesus gave Peter the keys, DOESN'T MEAN CHRIST GAVE UP HIS SET!
you added your own personal opinion to John's Book.
Here is the only verse in Revelation you should be interpreting "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book; if anyone adds to them, God will add to them the plagues described in this book" Rev. 22:18
Jesus didn't say that, "I have SOME keys, or A key." He said, "I have THE keys."
Read what He says...
KayMarie
You see, this is the issue I have with you and your husband... I don't believe for a second you really think Jesus gave Peter his set of keys. It goes without saying, that Christ would not have relinquished His authority by giving Peter the Keys.

I believe you just looked for a reason to wash your hands with. Unfortunately, you used an analogy from the Book of Revelation to imply Christ couldn't have given Peter the Keys. This is recklessness, Kay. You committed a grave error.
You guys fire scripture verses at everyone like they are coming from an M16 clip. I think its a good idea if you stop and think of the consequences of using the Bible like that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

who="Clay "
You see, this is the issue I have with you and your husband... I don't believe for a second you really think Jesus gave Peter his set of keys. It goes without saying, that Christ would not have relinquished His authority by giving Peter the Keys.
I believe you just looked for a reason to wash your hands with. Unfortunately, you used an analogy from the Book of Revelation to imply Christ couldn't have given Peter the Keys. This is recklessness, Kay. You committed a grave error.
You guys fire scripture verses at everyone like they are coming from an M16 clip. I think its a good idea if you stop and think of the consequences of using the Bible like that.

So you think that Jesus gave Peter his own set of keys? And you believe that it is reckless for me to quote Jesus' own words from Revelation? Consequences? The consequences to be feared are those of neglecting what the Bible says.

It is sad that you disregard that precious Book in favor of the words of men who had their own protests. After all, what PROOF do you have that the CC was any more 'right' than the Orthodox? You 'protested' each other as much as any other denomination has. Since Catholic means 'universal', and Orthodox means much the same, the only 'proof' either of you has, is what is in the Bible. It is no different than any other denomination. I'm sure that the Orthodox have their own 'fathers', and they trust them to lead them.

You are shutting your eyes so that you cannot see, and grabbing for straws in the dark.

KayMarie

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was well informed on the Book of Isaiah and the dynasty of David.
Tell me Confrint. why did Jesus Christ purposely use the Keys reference in Isaiah 22:22 -almost verbatim - when He spoke to Peter in Matthew 16:18?
The Apostles were well informed on the Book of Isaiah too. You can be sure that they understood the meaning behind the Keys too.
That's sola scripture.
Clay

The point I see clearly is that not all who followed Peter were fit to stand in His shoes...others not fit to lace them up..

Especially after they allowed the Church to become entwined in politics.
And have the power of kings. They allowed the Church to become tainted and those who they declared heretics
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...

That's,John Paul himself on only part of this sad history this one against Christians

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a...

Again he apologized to the Jews.

I admire this man very much because he at least in part admitted that the CC was not always acting as the Church of Our Lord can and was in error.

Also under his reign ..actual bible study was instituted as a common practice.

I am not saying Catholics before this did not learn scripture.

But having bible a and studying from them was NOT a common practice decades ago .

And here I am nit even going into the Reformer s complaints.

And the bible situation ..the CC and yes Church of England greatly discouraged common people from even having them and I have said before how without the Reformation the Christian believers and th e it bibles would not have settled the New World as they did.

I am sure it would have been settled but NOT by people whose main ambition was to be free in their worship of our Lord.

God allowed for all of this ...And my personal opinion is that without the Reformation history would be much different..And you would nit in these past decades have popes who have steadily been mire worthy of THE SHOES IF THE FISHERMAN..PETER.

had the Church gone on as it was entrenched and entwined with kingly politics. And as the only knowledge repository of the faith we would nit have the world wide Christianity we have..

Imo your church and Christians worldwide benefited greatly from the actions of the Reformers.

I personally do nit see the RCC as other non Catholics seem to.

But I do see her as closer to her original purpose than she was as recently as Vatican 2

And for Catholics to continually call anyone with a knowledge if history a,liar ..you are doing your Church a disservice..And calling your own Blessed John Paul and his successors liars tooo...

Sinning is something we all have in common ..including prelates in the past ..forgiveness is the province if God ..
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is not an "expansion" of ANYTHING "man-made", but came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!
Bible only Protestantism is just another one of inconsistent 42,000 other contradicting, conflicting denominations that "did not come from God" but came from a (so-called enlightened) "self-appointed" editorial (interpreting minister) that claims to posses some form of truth, by just "making it up" as they go along!!!! Sola Scriptura was never believed by "anyone" until the 17th century and has absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that it teaches--or believes"! It is just an extension of the Protestant Reformation of "hodge-podge" denominations that started with Luther, then Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, Waldo, Gasfort, beza, Cranmer, Farel, Hedio, Knox, Petri, Tyndale, and on and on and on to the 21st century. Now (here on topix) we have Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1,(you Jethro8) LTM, and every other self-appointed "relative truth" bible expert that interprets (or better yet mis-interprets the bible as well as the TRUTH of True Church History--ALL to their own confusion, demise, chaos and destruction!!!
came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!...jethro: how can this be true when there is a broken chain between Jesus and his apostles, I pointed out to you through the churches own history. Once again show me where Jesus says the catholic church is his church? you have no history except the pagan/Christian church phony history, the bible nor any scripture supports the church and their man made traditions an rearranged commandments, if anything (if god is real) your church is heading to hell, show us this true history you keep talking about.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

who="Disciple"
Jesus Himself sent Mary and the other women to preach the resurrection to the Apostles. Anna, in the temple when Jesus was taken there, went out and preached about Him to all the believers in Jerusalem.
The woman at the well went back to her home and preached that the Messiah had come. Her whole city accepted Him.
Priscilla worked alongside her husband, Acquilla, preaching and teaching the gospel.
Paul speaks of a number of women who helped him...even telling the church to support some of them. He instructed the women at Corinth to avoid disturbing the church to ask questions. He did not tell all women to be silent, all of the time.
A number of women followed Jesus through Galilee, and ministered to Him of their substance. They went to the Crucifixion, to the tomb, and to the Upper Room, where they were baptized in the Holy Spirit.
It's all in the Bible...
KayMarie
And the only male disciple at the fort of the Cross as witness was John.

The rest were women..brave heartbroken women ...wonder where they git their courage as Peter and the others cowered in hiding.

Thankfully God is great in His mercy and the Holy Spirit gave courage to both men and women
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

who="Clay "
So you think that Jesus gave Peter his own set of keys? And you believe that it is reckless for me to quote Jesus' own words from Revelation? Consequences? The consequences to be feared are those of neglecting what the Bible says.
It is sad that you disregard that precious Book in favor of the words of men who had their own protests. After all, what PROOF do you have that the CC was any more 'right' than the Orthodox? You 'protested' each other as much as any other denomination has. Since Catholic means 'universal', and Orthodox means much the same, the only 'proof' either of you has, is what is in the Bible. It is no different than any other denomination. I'm sure that the Orthodox have their own 'fathers', and they trust them to lead them.
You are shutting your eyes so that you cannot see, and grabbing for straws in the dark.
KayMarie
That's not what I said. Stay focused. Jesus DIDN'T forgo His authority when He gave Peter the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. You implied Jesus couldn't have given Peter the Keys because He still had them when He visited John in the Book of Revelation. I said its reckless using Revelation to undo the clear conversation Christ had in Matthew 16:18 with Simon- now called Peter.

- the Catholic Church has much more than Bible passages to show its legitimacy. She has historic fact; writings from the first Christians; continuity and order; as well as reason and logic. They compiled the Bible even though Christ never commanding them to do it. Its their sacred scriptures Kay. They held council and determined the set of canon that they considered Biblical. They hand wrote the Books and finally printed and published them in 1254 AD.
Later, irresponsible men read those Books, specifically focusing on each individual verse, to establish their own take on the Ministry of Jesus Christ. These men added a false concept called 'scripture alone' despite Our Lord never teaching it. Its amazing you cling to it when you can't even show Christ teaching it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

This verse could easily read as follows:

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and ROME!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min MUQ1 36,731
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 732,433
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Naveen kumar 5,277
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min ocxz 117,937
Last Word + 2 17 min killing time 482
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,405
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Roberta G 173,254
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min mike 599,725
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min Rosa_Winkel 94,604
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr JudgeNJury 257,744
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••