Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649840 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#456300 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! But you OLDJG seem to be "drifting around in circles" as you always do, which is nothing new!!!
Hey, hoblo, just answer the questions. You seem to the the historian at large on this forum. If you can't answer the questions we understand. We realize you cannot speak without saying there are 38,000, 40,000 or 42,000 denominations in nearly every sentence. Show us you can think for a change. Just answer these very simple questions.

1. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today?

2. If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome?

3. Why the change?

4. Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican?

5. Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear?

6. How about the capes?

7. Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity?

8. Has anyone seen them fly?

truth

Perth, Australia

#456301 Jun 25, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

http://austenetterespublica.wordpress.com/peo...

mum
pleaseeeeeeeee
i seeeeee
i wish you some
i am alive..i wish you some to you..
remember
i love you
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456302 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict-...
<quoted text>
If the center of the world was Rome and Jerusalem was a backwater, why did Christianity begin in Jerusalem? Why didn't Christianity begin in Rome?
Jerusalem is the City of David. A good place for the Messiah to start His Church. No one said it started in Rome, or had to start there.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456303 Jun 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
The center of the world was Rome. Jerusalem was a backwater Roman province. The Romans thoroughly destroyed Jerusalem in AD 70. The Churches in Rome and the near east are what kept the spread of Christianity going.
Keep studying Mr. History, you've got a long way to go.
The Romans thoroughly destroyed Jerusalem. Did they think they had gotten rid of that 'Christian' thing?
KayMarie
They tried for 250 years, but the blood of the martyrs in Catholic Church at Rome and elsewhere was seed for the faithful. Jesus founded the Catholic Church Kay. 2000 years later, whether you like it or not, the gates of hell have not prevailed.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456304 Jun 25, 2013
ones lived man called ikarius under old greek story
he liked fly up to sky
but have burn wings from hot sun..
from that time on very wealthy rich and powerful people comic story go as chicken fall who
fallen one

did you have zig zag coat as on down giza piza piramida
truth

Perth, Australia

#456305 Jun 25, 2013
mum
i love you
remember what i seeeeee

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456306 Jun 25, 2013
truth wrote:
mum
krak
don't step on flower=rewolf
mum
remember arm i seeeeeeeeeeee
i am alive..i wish to you some
God bless you
truth

Perth, Australia

#456307 Jun 25, 2013
vidi
moje proje broje troje
oh under rilice o pilice cilice
see ri lice=face
truth

Perth, Australia

#456308 Jun 25, 2013
napisao si pjesmu ovijena u plamen=heart

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ljubav majke
sto u zilama tece
i ponos roditelje tvoje
prid lice boga kada klece..
ones i wrote for myself poems which i don't share with other people..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
rest i will put in fire
they will decoded
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#456309 Jun 25, 2013
'ljubav majke
sto u zilama tece
i ponos rodilje tvoje
prid lice Boga
kada klece'..

nk
a nkh..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456310 Jun 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Didnt you about 5 years or so ago chide me about calling dummies dummies?
I don't remember but that doesn't mean I didn't do it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456311 Jun 25, 2013
Why you seek my life?
Who seek my life must died= psalm 63?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456312 Jun 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
What does God knowing about it have to do with things? His knowing does not make me choose one way or the other.
KayMarie
But if the future is knowable in the first place, then that is only possible if there is fate. And if there is fate, then there can't be free-will.

If God knows you will do something, can you do otherwise? If yes, then God was wrong, of not, then you have no free will.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456313 Jun 25, 2013
truth wrote:
'ljubav majke
sto u zilama tece
i ponos rodilje tvoje
prid lice Boga
kada klece'..
nk
a nkh..
Will someone please get "truth" back on their meds? Where is the nurse?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456314 Jun 25, 2013
bless me for my tears
did you say like that

in this corupt ow-full world

did god exist?

justice not exist
only corupt evil world
i live this my life
i seeeeeee all honesty of all..
by
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#456315 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?
How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?
If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?
Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why.
How come the Bible was complied 80 yrs AFTER Constantine legalized Christianity?
How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are?
looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts.
I have no idea why anyone would give to chits what you have to say about Christianity.
Cly said, quote, "Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?" End quote.

Cly, it is the small "c" catholic church. The small "c" catholic "universal" church was resurrected in the Reformation.

Cayl said, quote, "How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?" End quote.

It is not.

Carl said, quote, "If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?" End quote.

Why was the Bible written? Did God write it for exercise? Why didn't God ever mention Roman Catholic in His Bible? What other authority would there be for God if not the very inspired Word of God? Is it Rome? LOL LOL LOL LOL The popes? LOL LOL LOL LOL Maybe you Cly? You might tell us is was the margarine but I believe it might have been the butter? What do you think Cyal? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Aylc said, quote, "Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why." End quote.

Roman Catholic.....Roman Empire.....hand and glove. The state and the church were run by the same people. Pretty simple.

Cly said, quote, "How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are? looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts." End quote.

We Christians leave the "stupid sidestep" to you Roman Catholics. Our interpretations of the Bible are exactly the same as the first Christians. You Roman Catholics are the corrupters!
truth

Perth, Australia

#456316 Jun 25, 2013
they know..but still ow-full play on evil way..

evil upon evillllllllll

where is my killers now?
they are very friendly talkers walkers this and that
evil friendssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss
truth

Perth, Australia

#456317 Jun 25, 2013
Where is my accusers and killers now?
still pretend..did they are..
i don't think sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
evil is evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#456318 Jun 25, 2013

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456319 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Maybe you had church-ite-is?
And maybe Christians on the forum are here because they know their local churches can't contain the Truth, and are here to share, and try to express the Truth, that Jesus is their Savior. And they each reflect a way of thinking about the Truth.
According to you, you studied other religions searching for truth, and finally found your comfort in Catholicism.

Your belief that you will go to heaven and others will go to hell suits YOU to a T.

That doesn't say a whole lot for your character Robert F.
Your search for truth ended THERE, as you now seem certain that you KNOW you will be saved and others will go to hell.

And you are PROUD of that belief.

Despicable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min here 56,221
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 21 min pearlofagirl 16
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 35 min WasteWater 2,297
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min YOUR FATHER LOVES... 972,397
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 42 min EBMWCS 500
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr DENG 39,054
What's UP?!! Wasn't ya'll @ the club last night??! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web