Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,757
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#455969 Jun 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
Then by inference because Satan was the greatest angel he could not do evil either?
Are you a person that posits from a world-view that the Bible is wrong/outdated, or there is not good/evil, or ??? I ask so that I can better answer your questions.
There are a lot of dynamics in the question, and probably I can't give a short answer. But I will think on it. But in the broad sense evil entered the world, and Adam by choice turned from God.
I suppose it depends on whether one believes Adam was more like a pawn, under the influence of his desires. So in that sense we are all like him....
Sorry for the discontinuity of thought there....
If you take the context of this ancient text, the eating of the apple was actually a plan to save humanity.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#455970 Jun 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
Oh come on KayMarie. If God can't write the Bible to conform to "our" logic then it serves no purpose.
If you knew as much as God knows, the Bible would fit your logic perfectly.
And you think the south should have won the Civil War?
KayMarie
If you could be honest with others and stop claiming you know what "God" does and doesn't do, maybe you would be more credible.

Please stop making up things.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#455971 Jun 24, 2013
Peter original name was Simon or Simeon, Christ

promised to confer the primacy upon him and give

him an Aramic surname,“Kephus,’ or Rock of which

Petros is the Greek and Petrus the Latin

translation.

So Peter is the rock.
Jesus is the foundation.

"Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona ... Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church." (Matt. 16:17-19).

Acts 5: 12 - 16 [PETER’S SHADOW]
12 Now many signs and wonders were done among the people by the hands of the apostles. And they were all together in Solomon's Portico.
13 None of the rest dared join them, but the people held them in high honor.
14 And more than ever believers were added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women,
15 so that they even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and pallets, that as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them.
16 The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

There is ample evidence in the New Testament that Peter was first in authority

among the apostles. Whenever they were named,

Peter headed the list (Matt. 10:1-4, Mark

3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13); sometimes the apostles were referred to as "Peter and those who were with him" (Luke 9:32).
Peter was the one who generally spoke for the apostles (Matt. 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John 6:68-69), and he figured in many of the most dramatic scenes (Matt. 14:28-32, Matt. 17:24-27, Mark 10:23-28).

On Pentecost it was

Peter who first preached to the crowds (Acts

2:14-40), and he worked the first healing in the Church age (Acts 3:6-7).
It is Peter’s faith that will strengthen his brethren (Luke 22:32) and
Peter is given Christ’s flock to shepherd (John 21:17). An angel was sent to announce the resurrection to Peter (Mark 16:7), and the risen

Christ first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34). He

headed the meeting that elected Matthias to

replace Judas (Acts 1:13-26), and he received the

first converts (Acts 2:41). He inflicted the first punishment (Acts 5:1-11), and excommunicated the first heretic (Acts 8:18-23). He led the first council in Jerusalem (Acts 15), and announced the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7-11).
It was to Peter
that the revelation came that Gentiles were to be baptized and accepted as Christians (Acts 10:46-48).

http://www.catholic.com//library/Peter_and_th...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#455972 Jun 24, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Wholly human ..wholly divine.
And it's a,mystery did sure.
And your reply tells me you dud nit read either of those..
There a 're several.
Legally He is the first born of Joseph ..as his adopted.
Physically He US Mary's son
And yes please don't start the arguments again on that..anyone.
ON if she US his mother
All these genealogy sites,say He is the DIRECT DESCENDANT IF DAVID...through Mary as His MOTHER.
And Joseph as His adopted father.
And they are NOT JUST CATHOLIC ONES.
One actually is,Jewish
Mary and Joseph were both Jewish.
America's laws (until recent ones) have been based on Judeo/Christian
Principles, and at least one state (maybe all of them) says that the "resident father is the legal father". I am familiar with that one.
Joseph was not a legally adoptive father; he was called by God to, "take Mary to wife". Legally, then, by Judeo principles, Joseph was the legal father.
KayMarie
As far as the Jews knew at that time Joseph was his legal father.

I would reprint those whole sites here as I know,you don't click on links But too long and complicated a bit.

If you like Google

Messiah s Toledot

JESUS THE only possible legal messiah

Both explain the differing genealogists In the bible.both are true.

No inconsistency is the point ..And these 2 people marrying was not by any means coincidence Kay..

Very interesting reading....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455973 Jun 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But as I pointed out before, Adam was not immortal to begin with, because God kicked him out of the garden before he could eat from the Tree of Life and become so. So Adam would have died anyway. So eating the fruit had no discernible consequence than highlighting God's injustice in punishing the innocent for the "sins" of others. And what was the "sin"? Knowledge.
PS - Prior to eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, presumably Adam could have known neither, and thus could not have known God was good. Nor, for that matter, could Adam have known that disobeying God was "evil".
~~~~

Adam was not immortal to begin with, because God kicked him out of the garden before he could eat from the Tree of Life and become so.

THE BOOK OF GENESIS CHAPTER 3: VERSES 22-23 BARES OUT THE FACT THAT...IN ORDER FOR ADAM TO LIVE FOREVER HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO CONTINUALLY EAT OF THE TREE OF LIFE...

SAW TO IT THAT HE DIDN'T.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

IN REVELATION...A TREE OF LIFE IS MENTIONED.

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev_22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

UNTIL THEN JESUS CHRIST IS OUR SPIRITUAL TREE OF LIFE...

WE INGEST HIM INTO OUR SPIRITS AND ARE BORN AGAIN...OF THE SPIRIT.

-->WHEN WE PERSONALLY ACCEPT THE FACT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

-->the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <---

AND RECEIVE HIM AS OUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR ...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
J
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Location hidden

#455974 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Peter was not elevated to a position above any of the other apostles..
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
If John has answered Jesus instead of Peter In Matthew 16:18 or any one of the 12 Jesus would have given them the same answer..
Jesus did not build his church upon Peter...
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
THE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON
1 THE APOSTLES..
2.PROPHETS,
3.JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF BEING THE CHIEF CORNER STONE..
READ IT FOR YOURSELVES...
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
JESUS SAID TO ALL HIS DISCIPLES IN
Joh_20:23
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
~~~
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,
(whatsoever they were,
it maketh no matter to me:
God accepteth no man's person:)
for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference
added nothing to me:
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision/GENTILES was committed unto me,
as the gospel of the circumcision/JEWS was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision,/JEWS
the same was mighty in me
toward the Gentiles:)
Gal 2:9 And when James (THE LORDS BROTHER), Cephas, and John,
who seemed to be pillars,
perceived the grace that was given unto me,
they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we
should go unto the heathen/GENTILES,
and they unto the circumcision/JEWS.
The Catholic religion is a denomination...quote:-Largest denominations in the world Catholicism - 1.2 billion.....

Christ built no denominations....

#455975 Jun 24, 2013
who="StarC"
NOT true KM, Jesus wanted A Church that's why HE told Peter 'Build my Church" not write my book. This is HOW Christians met aT MASS to Hear The WORD and receive HIM DAILY ! To this day, Mass is held daily!!
Sorry , Star. Jesus didn't tell Peter to build a church. He said: Upon this rock (revelation to man by God's Spirit) "I" will build MY church.
He is still building His church with changed hearts.
KayMarie
LOL, you are changing what the bible says, typical.
Not suppose to do this, shame on you.
-----
Matthew 16:18 (KJ21)|

18 And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18 (ASV)| In Context | Whole Chapter

18 And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18 (AMP)| In Context | Whole Chapter

18 And I tell you, you are Peter [Greek, Petros—a large piece of rock], and on this rock [Greek, petra—a huge rock like Gibraltar] I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (the powers of the infernal region) shall not overpower it [or be strong to its detriment or hold out against it].

Matthew 16:18 (CEB)| In Context | Whole Chapter

18 I tell you that you are Peter. And I’ll build my church on this rock. The gates of the underworld won’t be able to stand against it.
Matthew 16:18 (CJB)| In Context | Whole Chapter

18 I also tell you this: you are Kefa,”[which means ‘Rock,’]“and on this rock I will build my Community, and the gates of Sh’ol will not overcome it.
Matthew 16:18 (CEV)| In Context | Whole Chapter

18 So I will call you Peter, which means “a rock.” On this rock I will build my church, and death itself will not have any power over it.
Matthew 16:18 (DARBY)| In Context | Whole Chapter

18 And *I* also, I say unto thee that *thou* art Peter, and on this rock I will build my assembly, and hades' gates shall not prevail against it.”
----

Your interpretation does not count, its the Apostles that were taught by Jesus that’s what counts.

20th century churches are false churches started by mortal men.
Jesus can have but ONE Spouse as it says in Eph 5:23-32.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#455976 Jun 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
I am sorry. Perhaps we are communicating to broad a concept here. Let me make it more concrete, for you to see what I am trying to say....
Right now, I can look left or right. I choose to look to my right. If now I look left, then God would know. That would make me a liar, but I still chose one or the other. Thus I have free-will.
Huh? What would make you a liar?
So God knows I was truthful or a liar, but did not interfere. Thus free-will exists. And God and knew which way I would look.
(By the way, I did choose to the right, and executed it as well.)smile
Let's try again:

Let's say X and Y are both mutually exclusive actions (like going left or going right). You can't do both X and Y.

If God knows you will do X, then can you do Y instead?

#455977 Jun 24, 2013
Good night all.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#455978 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>
THE BOOK OF GENESIS CHAPTER 3: VERSES 22-23 BARES OUT THE FACT THAT...IN ORDER FOR ADAM TO LIVE FOREVER HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO CONTINUALLY EAT OF THE TREE OF LIFE...
SAW TO IT THAT HE DIDN'T.
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Nowhere in there did it say that Adam would have had to eat from the tree "continually", but regardless, it does reinforce what I said, namely that Adam wasn't immortal to begin with. Adam was going to die, and he did. Fruit or no fruit.

It's also interesting that God refers to himself in the plural.

Location hidden

#455979 Jun 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure,'Before Constantine, the RCC did not exists?
For once, I really wish one of yous would provide something to back this up. Please... I'm on my knees begging the fundies to seek truth and not slander.
I've listened to you guys throw the 'Constantine' accusation my whole life. The last 3 yrs I been pleading with the people on this forum to state why they believe he started the Roman Catholic Church. Is it because you see the title 'Roman' and assume he must of installed that title when Rome legalized Christianity"? Is it because he called a council and asked that order be brought?
Clearly and irrefutably, Catholic teaching is the same before Constantine and after. We have tons of documents from the Church pre 313 AD and post.
You guys are only interested in conspiracy scenarios about the Church that Christ started. I find so many of you deliberately ignoring truth and spreading propaganda and slander about the Roman Catholic Church, yet oddly, referring to yourselves as 'Christians' in the same breath.
Proof from Scripture, the Catholic church was not built by Christ as you claim, or Christ forgot that he did!!!!!!

In Rev I find Christ said to John:
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira,
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455980 Jun 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof from Scripture, the Catholic church was not built by Christ as you claim, or Christ forgot that he did!!!!!!
You are funny. Sometimes I wonder if you're actually a practicing Catholic who just comes on here to play the 'devils advocate'(pun intended).
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455981 Jun 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic religion is a denomination...quote:-Largest denominations in the world Catholicism - 1.2 billion.....
Christ built no denominations....
Lol!! Exactly, Christ did not build a denomination!

You're on a roll. Keep it coming.

Location hidden

#455982 Jun 24, 2013
Sorry for the double post. My pc 'stumbled'..
KayMarie
you need to be more forceful in the future. we don't have to let them have their way all of the time.

make em mad and unplug them once in awhile. that'll teach em. mine was acting up and so I used my other tower for awhile and when I hooked this one back up, it worked ok from then on.

sometimes we just have to show tuff love to them

Location hidden

#455983 Jun 24, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Wholly human ..wholly divine.
And it's a,mystery did sure.
And your reply tells me you dud nit read either of those..
There a 're several.
Legally He is the first born of Joseph ..as his adopted.
Physically He US Mary's son
And yes please don't start the arguments again on that..anyone.
ON if she US his mother
All these genealogy sites,say He is the DIRECT DESCENDANT IF DAVID...through Mary as His MOTHER.
And Joseph as His adopted father.
And they are NOT JUST CATHOLIC ONES.
One actually is,Jewish
Mary and Joseph were both Jewish.
America's laws (until recent ones) have been based on Judeo/Christian
Principles, and at least one state (maybe all of them) says that the "resident father is the legal father". I am familiar with that one.
Joseph was not a legally adoptive father; he was called by God to, "take Mary to wife". Legally, then, by Judeo principles, Joseph was the legal father.
KayMarie
as I have said so many times, when Joseph said "His name Is Jesus". this according to the jewish law as as well as tradition, meant that he was the legal parent for evermore. and when the went back and found Him, mary said "your father and I were worried.

and much later, the other villages said "is not this the carpenter's son?"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455984 Jun 24, 2013
who="StarC"
As do we pray to God alone. Not that it matters,…..can you explain Rev 8:3??
While your added it explain Rev 5:11-14 too.
The role of our Blessed Mother and other Saints is to bring followers for her son The Christ!
To deny that Saints and others are not with Christ, is to deny Christ’s promised.
To the thief on the cross “today you will be with me in paradise.’
SO YES, SAINTS HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!
The new 21st century churches can not go around changing rules.
We go by what the Apostles were taught by Jesus himself.
Your interpretation of the Bible does not count! Sorry!

Did you notice that he didn't say "DEAD" saints? All of the church are saints according to the Bible. They don't need the CC to appoint them to sainthood.

KayMarie
socci

Cameron, MO

#455985 Jun 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
Peter original name was Simon or Simeon, Christ
promised to confer the primacy upon him and give
him an Aramic surname,“Kephus,’ or Rock of which
Petros is the Greek and Petrus the Latin
translation.
So Peter is the rock.
Jesus is the foundation.
"Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona ... Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church." (Matt. 16:17-19).
Acts 5: 12 - 16 [PETER’S SHADOW]
12 Now many signs and wonders were done among the people by the hands of the apostles. And they were all together in Solomon's Portico.
13 None of the rest dared join them, but the people held them in high honor.
14 And more than ever believers were added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women,
15 so that they even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and pallets, that as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them.
16 The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed.
There is ample evidence in the New Testament that Peter was first in authority
among the apostles. Whenever they were named,
Peter headed the list (Matt. 10:1-4, Mark
3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13); sometimes the apostles were referred to as "Peter and those who were with him" (Luke 9:32).
Peter was the one who generally spoke for the apostles (Matt. 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John 6:68-69), and he figured in many of the most dramatic scenes (Matt. 14:28-32, Matt. 17:24-27, Mark 10:23-28).
On Pentecost it was
Peter who first preached to the crowds (Acts
2:14-40), and he worked the first healing in the Church age (Acts 3:6-7).
It is Peter’s faith that will strengthen his brethren (Luke 22:32) and
Peter is given Christ’s flock to shepherd (John 21:17). An angel was sent to announce the resurrection to Peter (Mark 16:7), and the risen
Christ first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34). He
headed the meeting that elected Matthias to
replace Judas (Acts 1:13-26), and he received the
first converts (Acts 2:41). He inflicted the first punishment (Acts 5:1-11), and excommunicated the first heretic (Acts 8:18-23). He led the first council in Jerusalem (Acts 15), and announced the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7-11).
It was to Peter
that the revelation came that Gentiles were to be baptized and accepted as Christians (Acts 10:46-48).
http://www.catholic.com//library/Peter_and_th...

Noooooo...

Lets say it does read as you say (which it does not) then that would contradict the rest of the Bible. Rather you and your Church just teach a false doctrine by twisting what is written. Jesus is the 'rock' upon which the church (body) was founded.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455986 Jun 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of understanding metaphor. I understand metaphors just fine. I'm not arguing that the Bible has to be interpreted literally rather than metaphorically. The problem is adding stuff to Genesis was wasn't put there, parable or no. If you want to say that Adam was supposed to understand that God meant "spiritual" death when that was never mentioned, then any part of the Bible can mean anything you want it to. Then it really would become an "unconnected set of words from beginning to end".
It's only as "connected" to reality as the people believe is the connection.

And they all perceive the supposed religious reality by different meanings.

Metaphor ... parable ... literal ... blah, blah, blah.

Location hidden

#455987 Jun 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny. Sometimes I wonder if you're actually a practicing Catholic who just comes on here to play the 'devils advocate'(pun intended).
Cannot admit the truth can you????

Which do you think it is?????

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455988 Jun 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
You take a bite of poisonous fruit its going to kill you.
Take a bite of evil and it does the same thing.
Theologically stating, if the god of the Jews had not created evil, there would be no evil to bite.

You like to think you bite only the "good" ... right Mr. self-perceived Perfect???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuals BLASPHEME God by their lifestyle 10 min Enter Username 2
Before and After 14 min Enter Username 6
Nine Eleven 15 min Enter Username 147
Pope: 'Corruption Is a Greater Evil than Sin' 18 min Enter Username 7
Moses never existed 18 min thewordofme 80
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 24 min Enter Username 25
Shadow Government Of The POTUS 26 min Enter Username 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min WasteWater 262,055
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 34 min Anon 753,481
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min bacon hater 96,408