Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667513 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456202 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jesus-myth was concocted BY men. Why do "you" like following the words of those myth-creating men?
There were many sons of gods myths created before the mythical Jesus ... yet you always focus on the Jesus myth as though it is something special and not JUST another myth.
You might believe you left Catholicism, but it's plain that you didn't.
I don't follow the words "concocted by men" - but utilize teh meanings they intended - meanings that have been utilized for many centuries.

Humans have morals - Jesus taught morals.

I've accepted those morals, in order to live a better life - free from the confines of other men dictating me on what I should believe and not believe.

Self.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#456204 Jun 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! All of the Early Church Fathers were, in fact Catholic. It was the only Universal Christian Church around at that time!! In forming the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397, the Fathers of the Church spent over 350 years to compile, gather and prayfully discern the letters, documents, parchments, and manuscripts handed down by Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the Apostles..... Trusting the "words of men" you say??? Yes--if you begin with the Protestant Reformation----BUT NOT AT ALL from the manuscripts and letters handed down by Jesus Christ Himself and the Apostles!! The Early Church Fathers were "directly" led by the Spirit of God, to AND IN the Spirit of TRUTH through Jesus Christ (again) through discernment, prayer,understanding contemplation AND most important---IN FULL and TOTAL AGREEMENT!!! Compare the aggregate COMPLETE AGREEMENT WITH THE EARLY CHURCH FATHER in compiling and formulating in arriving at the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible -one and one one TRUE interpretation. Compare that the contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "hodge-podge" of over 42,000 (different) bible only (editorialized) interpretations since the Reformations and it is easy to see why there exists NOTHING but 42,000 man-made "relative truth" opinions
Furthermore, the Catholic Church is not an "expansion" of ANYTHING "man-made", but came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!
Bible only Protestantism is just another one of inconsistent contradicting, conflicting denominations that "did not come from God" but came from a (so-called enlightened) "self-appointed" editorial (interpreting minister) that claims to possess some form of truth, by just "making it up" as they go along!!!! Sola Scriptura was never believed by "anyone" until the 17th century and has absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that it teaches--or believes"! It is just an extension of the Protestant Reformation of "hodge-podge" denominations that started with Luther, then Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, Waldo, Gasfort, beza, Cranmer, Farel, Hedio, Knox, Petri, Tyndale, and on and on and on to the 21st century. Now (here on topix) we have Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1,(you Jethro8) LTM, and every other self-appointed "relative truth" bible expert that interprets (or better yet mis-interprets the bible as well as the TRUTH of True Church History--ALL to their own confusion, demise, chaos and destruction!!!
if/when you ever get sick of rendering to cesar/rome/vatican that which is cesar's/rome's/vatican's, maybe you'd like to begin rendering to God that which is God's?:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456205 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said it was 'handed out' but don't you think believers who could read and write would want copies to study and read for themselves? Who would deny anybody of that?
I think we've had this exchange.

They may indeed "want" copies.

Copies were not to be had for all who wanted them. Again, barring something being handed out, how would one propose that a copy be obtained?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456206 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Even many jewish boys memorized the Word, how were they to do that without copies?
Apples and oranges.

The Torah (what "jewish boys" read) had been committed to the written word.

The Gospels, not so much until later.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456207 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
According to this text "God" is lower thn the true Father.
Your assertion has just been debunked.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
I'm required to use your source here and affirm it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456208 Jun 25, 2013
beter life
hm
its not like that
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
pijama=sleep cloth
man hat with pijama pi jama
see map
man who sleep with sleeping hat
moonwaker
see
antartic and au and others
try see on map

Are you for sure you are alright/

I am alright as elixir within me..
please tell me how many face have my enimy..
o yes yes yes many many tv presenters too..

90 dollars is air-fly for south africa
truth

Perth, Australia

#456209 Jun 25, 2013
pi jame=ema jipa tahni me
ma tko ce da te dira pira empira
aaaaaaaaa just like that=time
o time =tectone jurneyslipejame
nemoj rujinit rujne rujan=9 mounth in order
which saints is there in order
o geeee 9 and 6 is upsidedown
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456210 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we've had this exchange.
They may indeed "want" copies.
Copies were not to be had for all who wanted them. Again, barring something being handed out, how would one propose that a copy be obtained?
By any and all means possible as;

psalm 119:72
The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver.

proberbs 8:10-11
Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456211 Jun 25, 2013
from 90 whats left=10
see psalm 109 10 ;9
or 90 ;1-2
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456212 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, this is the issue I have with you and your husband... I don't believe for a second you really think Jesus gave Peter his set of keys. It goes without saying, that Christ would not have relinquished His authority by giving Peter the Keys.
I believe you just looked for a reason to wash your hands with. Unfortunately, you used an analogy from the Book of Revelation to imply Christ couldn't have given Peter the Keys. This is recklessness, Kay. You committed a grave error.
You guys fire scripture verses at everyone like they are coming from an M16 clip. I think its a good idea if you stop and think of the consequences of using the Bible like that.
Using the Word of God to quote Scripture that reveals the truth is not reckless...not a washing of hands...not a grave error...has nothing to do with a M16 clip...

And...you gave her the wrong advice...she should never stop and I would bet the farm that she will not take your advice...
truth

Perth, Australia

#456213 Jun 25, 2013
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456214 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said it was 'handed out' but don't you think believers who could read and write would want copies to study and read for themselves? Who would deny anybody of that?
How do you preserve the truth if you just hand everyone a Bible.
Please, your ignorance is so frustrating. Can't you look around and see the different Christianities? That's the result of people like yourself deciding what the teachings of Jesus Christ should be, based on how you interpret the scriptures. Man, you guy are so different than Protestantism 80 yrs ago... and you look nothing like the original Protestantism.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456215 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No he was kicked out so coukd Not continue to eat if the tee of life.
Why do you think He and his descendants lived fir so many years.
They in the Garden ate all the fruit until they ate the forbidden fruit.
Where does it say that Adam ever ate from the Tree of Life?

There were two forbidden trees. A & E only ate from one: knowledge of good and evil. They were kicked out BEFORE they could eat from the second.

Genesis 3:22-23: And the Lord God said,“The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

Adam never ate from the Tree of Life.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456216 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said. Stay focused. Jesus DIDN'T forgo His authority when He gave Peter the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. You implied Jesus couldn't have given Peter the Keys because He still had them when He visited John in the Book of Revelation. I said its reckless using Revelation to undo the clear conversation Christ had in Matthew 16:18 with Simon- now called Peter.
- the Catholic Church has much more than Bible passages to show its legitimacy. She has historic fact; writings from the first Christians; continuity and order; as well as reason and logic. They compiled the Bible even though Christ never commanding them to do it. Its their sacred scriptures Kay. They held council and determined the set of canon that they considered Biblical. They hand wrote the Books and finally printed and published them in 1254 AD.
Later, irresponsible men read those Books, specifically focusing on each individual verse, to establish their own take on the Ministry of Jesus Christ. These men added a false concept called 'scripture alone' despite Our Lord never teaching it. Its amazing you cling to it when you can't even show Christ teaching it.
As a member of the local SBC church, I fully agree with and accept the truth from your own Pope approved Bible on the keys issue..

You as a so-call "practicing" Catholic, are trashing the truth that is coming from your pope!!!!!

Quote:
NABre.....pope approved Catholic Bible...

Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.

Note: image of the keys...image:A mental picture of something not real or present.

metaphor: A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage" (Shakespeare).

Note: A figure of speech.....metaphor...

San Francisco

#456217 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertion here requires that God do as you would see fit, when you would see fit; i.e. that He conforms to your expectations of behavior as you would proscribe.
That's the position that renders God less than God, if any does.
Sorry, but your blithe dismissal has nothing to do with the content of what I wrote. Go back to sleep.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456218 Jun 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the Word of God to quote Scripture that reveals the truth is not reckless...not a washing of hands...not a grave error...has nothing to do with a M16 clip...
And...you gave her the wrong advice...she should never stop and I would bet the farm that she will not take your advice...
I would bet the farm that God knows you're being deliberately dumb with scripture in order to wash your hands.
You changed what Jesus Christ taught, Ox. God knows you're aware of it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456219 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you intended to reply to me, not "wilderide".
You are correct in that the early Church was persecuted, thus best not to hand stuff out to ensure that your activities were more widely made public.
It was read, not handed out.
Thanks
Circulated among the churches..I bridesmaid they made handouts..But I'll bet they secured them by making a,copy when they could.

Unless you think the RCC made them all up..Or memorized them ..at the time of Paul and Peter ..Rome was killing Christians ..even Jews BEFIRE that ...if you think these letters had no copies made by the original recipients ..you give too little credit to the brains of these people.

Anyway one mire in my long list if questions y o ask them.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456220 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not a closet "preacher." I am an out of the closet ex-religious believer.
This is a forum Robert F ... not your Catholic church.
June

It is a source of sorrow from me to you, but also great joy, because you have perhaps helped many get in touch with their faith on this forum. My sorrow is your apparent displeasure with God, and religion. But in the back of my mind I just think of your expressing your displeasure will help others in the meaning of their faith.

smiles.

:)

San Francisco

#456221 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still think no one ever made a,copy to send on while keeping their own..They were by that time being persecuted..And these LETTER s were precious to them.
How do they all survive and wind up in Rome. You underestimate the fathers,if you do nit think they did everything to make sure these were not lost..
Copying was,nit like today and I NEVER SAID IT WAS.
But common sense was and is just that common..
Maybe they had a,secret storehouse or places to store them..these letters went all over the known empire ..it is foolish to think they had only one if each that miraculously popped into the Vatican. To be immortalized.
Jews,copied scrolls ..And these people were educated Jews,at first..
Considering the claim that the New Testament is the inspired word of God, it's very odd that none of the original texts survive, don't you think? And that the surviving copies of copies that have survived don't always agree with each other. Almost as if there were no deity overseeing the process at all, and it was just all legend carried on by a group of people who identified with the religion. Just like every other religion in human history.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456222 Jun 25, 2013
I don't choose percepts its as arrow=everything against everyone.
i choose statue=its against wicket
its written
god don't liked wicket

god words is god words
god establish earth
'endure' for generation up to generation
wicket don't liked statue=rosary cross

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 979,264
Waiting to pee 43 min Tallguy95 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min Clearwater 92,242
allofourstuff.com 1 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr kingwhats 449
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr The Real Donald T... 30
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 1 hr Big Daddy K 94
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr what 285,938
More from around the web