Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687412 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Kingston, Canada

#456183 Jun 25, 2013
Psalm 46

King James Version (KJV)

46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456184 Jun 25, 2013
Many people that believed in a devil, came to believe that the devil was IN them.

Observe the popularity of exorcisms in today's churches, and you will see the results of that belief.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/2013/04/...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#456185 Jun 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
Psalm 46
King James Version (KJV)
46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
When do you plan on being exorcised ... just to be on the "safe" side???

:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456186 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
1) Was the book written by a prophet of God?
Men deciding upon who is a prophet and whom isn't.

Is basically, men determining belief for others.
marge wrote:
2) Was the writer authenticated by miracles to confirm his message?
Most of teh books in the Bible haven't any proof the author they are ascribed to, actually wrote the book. Luke and Paul are the only legitimate authors that scholars agree upon.
marge wrote:
3) Does the book tell the truth about God, with no falsehood or contradiction?
Fallible men cannot define an infallible entity.
marge wrote:
4) Does the book evince a divine capacity to transform lives?
Anything attributed to Jesus should be included, but isn't, even though Christianity's mission statement is that a person can change by believing in Jesus, but they only beleive in a portion of him.

If one is to accept all of his teachings, then they will have a changed life - forever.
marge wrote:
5) Was the book accepted as God's Word by the people to whom it was first delivered?
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/canonicity-script...
Mend deciding what other men should believe.

Why do you believe what men tell you to believe?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456188 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the god knows all, then the god knew he was creating a realm where suffering of not only humans would occur, but suffering of all forms of animal life. And that equates to the idea that the god is indeed a sadist.
Religion is BUNK!
So, applying your deduction here, nature is a "sadist"?

Living things on Earth have a natural cycle of life. This is a cruel design?

Albuquerque, NM

#456189 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If today I murdered another human in self defense, I would be a new self TO my self.
I hope that I never have to be put in that position ... but if I do, then I will know the feeling of those to whom it has happened.
Each new happening teaches us that we are not better behaved than our neighbors, and that in light of it all, we are not after all, anything special.
For the most part, we just have to face what comes our way and deal with the emotional and physical aftermath of our own decisions.
The new self is probably not a bit better than the old self ... it simply is what it is.
Good - at least you are thinking about the concept. How else will you learn?

;o)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#456190 Jun 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual LeaderWhy do you like following men over Jesus?[/QUOTE]

The Jesus-myth was concocted BY men. Why do "you" like following the words of those myth-creating men?

There were many sons of gods myths created before the mythical Jesus ... yet you always focus on the Jesus myth as though it is something special and not JUST another myth.

You might believe you left Catholicism, but it's plain that you didn't.

Albuquerque, NM

#456191 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
I think it goes both ways. Our perception of good/evil drives our being to do what we think is good and right. But also good/evil influences our perceptions. If good and evil did not exist as absolutes, then they change in time. Rather we change in time according to our perception to them.
So the relationship of religion to our perceptions of good and evil changes as we change. Can we be misguided and deceived in religion? Of course. So the pursuit of Truth takes precedence over religion, unless one makes the pursuit of Truth as being religion.(And more or less, that is what religion is!)
Where is the truth?
- as of this moment, all is just speculation.
- the truth will arrie when we die.

To say otherwise is arrogant, egotistical, and uninformed.

Albuquerque, NM

#456192 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated.
I don't relate to that word "evil," as it implies a devil is tempting one to commit evil.
I believe selfishness is a more fitting word, as we then take responsibility for our own choices, and it leaves religion OUT of the equation.
You will speak as if Self is present, but yet you reject it in other posts.

You seem confused.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456194 Jun 25, 2013
good you notice one things
natural cicle of life..
its not all..no
What you notice more
explain wind..

Albuquerque, NM

#456195 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If a god allows a devil to tempt, then the god is part of that "evil" plan.
Shhhhhh....not too loud - you'll "wake" the Catholics and Protestants from their "sleep".

:o)
truth

Perth, Australia

#456196 Jun 25, 2013
3000 years altar 4 horns india wind=wirpool
see india vijetnam 3000 km far away km chu chu chu chu chuuuuuuuuuuu
put train retina=relina=re-line rail line
tbcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz

think with your head
combode=tower=id
if you could understood me
if not forgive me please

Albuquerque, NM

#456197 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly so.
As Epicurus said:
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
You can't have an omnipotent God which is only semi-responsible. If God created everything, and has power over everything, then that necessarily includes sin and evil.
And when you ask a member of the Abrahamic religions about such an obvious flaw in their ideology, the response you get is something along the lines of "you lack 'spiritual understanding'" or "God is mysterious" or some other mumbling obfuscation like that.
This is why I am not longer a "Christian" - I just couldn't follow along with all the twists and turns men use to try to persuade and manipulate other men into a following that only makes other men rich, all the while, abusing children and then taking the money the followers give, to the abused, in order to cover-up the horrendous acts by the priests in the first place.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456198 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you intended to reply to me, not "wilderide".
You are correct in that the early Church was persecuted, thus best not to hand stuff out to ensure that your activities were more widely made public.
It was read, not handed out.
Thanks
Nobody said it was 'handed out' but don't you think believers who could read and write would want copies to study and read for themselves? Who would deny anybody of that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456199 Jun 25, 2013
lips=sleep
see geometric line on lips=vertical merdians
determinant=vertical
verse tic tac tictoctuctactec=tectome tectonic time

see if you could understood

Albuquerque, NM

#456200 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertion here requires that God do as you would see fit, when you would see fit; i.e. that He conforms to your expectations of behavior as you would proscribe.
That's the position that renders God less than God, if any does.
According to this text "God" is lower thn the true Father.

Your assertion has just been debunked.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456201 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still think no one ever made a,copy to send on while keeping their own..They were by that time being persecuted..And these LETTER s were precious to them.
How do they all survive and wind up in Rome. You underestimate the fathers,if you do nit think they did everything to make sure these were not lost..
Copying was,nit like today and I NEVER SAID IT WAS.
But common sense was and is just that common..
Maybe they had a,secret storehouse or places to store them..these letters went all over the known empire ..it is foolish to think they had only one if each that miraculously popped into the Vatican. To be immortalized.
Jews,copied scrolls ..And these people were educated Jews,at first..
Even many jewish boys memorized the Word, how were they to do that without copies?

Albuquerque, NM

#456202 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jesus-myth was concocted BY men. Why do "you" like following the words of those myth-creating men?
There were many sons of gods myths created before the mythical Jesus ... yet you always focus on the Jesus myth as though it is something special and not JUST another myth.
You might believe you left Catholicism, but it's plain that you didn't.
I don't follow the words "concocted by men" - but utilize teh meanings they intended - meanings that have been utilized for many centuries.

Humans have morals - Jesus taught morals.

I've accepted those morals, in order to live a better life - free from the confines of other men dictating me on what I should believe and not believe.

Self.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#456204 Jun 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! All of the Early Church Fathers were, in fact Catholic. It was the only Universal Christian Church around at that time!! In forming the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397, the Fathers of the Church spent over 350 years to compile, gather and prayfully discern the letters, documents, parchments, and manuscripts handed down by Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the Apostles..... Trusting the "words of men" you say??? Yes--if you begin with the Protestant Reformation----BUT NOT AT ALL from the manuscripts and letters handed down by Jesus Christ Himself and the Apostles!! The Early Church Fathers were "directly" led by the Spirit of God, to AND IN the Spirit of TRUTH through Jesus Christ (again) through discernment, prayer,understanding contemplation AND most important---IN FULL and TOTAL AGREEMENT!!! Compare the aggregate COMPLETE AGREEMENT WITH THE EARLY CHURCH FATHER in compiling and formulating in arriving at the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible -one and one one TRUE interpretation. Compare that the contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "hodge-podge" of over 42,000 (different) bible only (editorialized) interpretations since the Reformations and it is easy to see why there exists NOTHING but 42,000 man-made "relative truth" opinions
Furthermore, the Catholic Church is not an "expansion" of ANYTHING "man-made", but came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!
Bible only Protestantism is just another one of inconsistent contradicting, conflicting denominations that "did not come from God" but came from a (so-called enlightened) "self-appointed" editorial (interpreting minister) that claims to possess some form of truth, by just "making it up" as they go along!!!! Sola Scriptura was never believed by "anyone" until the 17th century and has absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that it teaches--or believes"! It is just an extension of the Protestant Reformation of "hodge-podge" denominations that started with Luther, then Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, Waldo, Gasfort, beza, Cranmer, Farel, Hedio, Knox, Petri, Tyndale, and on and on and on to the 21st century. Now (here on topix) we have Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1,(you Jethro8) LTM, and every other self-appointed "relative truth" bible expert that interprets (or better yet mis-interprets the bible as well as the TRUTH of True Church History--ALL to their own confusion, demise, chaos and destruction!!!
if/when you ever get sick of rendering to cesar/rome/vatican that which is cesar's/rome's/vatican's, maybe you'd like to begin rendering to God that which is God's?:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456205 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said it was 'handed out' but don't you think believers who could read and write would want copies to study and read for themselves? Who would deny anybody of that?
I think we've had this exchange.

They may indeed "want" copies.

Copies were not to be had for all who wanted them. Again, barring something being handed out, how would one propose that a copy be obtained?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 987,411
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,574
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,494
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 5 hr HFCS - What It Is 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 9 hr Doctor REALITY 31
More from around the web