Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,761 - 439,780 of 533,502 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still applying Self - no matter how you express it.
It all begins and ends with you.
The choices you make.
The actions you take.
The actions you don't take.
You can run, but it will always be with you. Self.
No organized religion is required.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Well, its hard to reproduce in concrete terms, so let me leave you with a description of what "it" seems like to me, what you describe.

Ego-Echo= self/Self

It is more like a projection of one's own actions and choices which determines the echo through time and space. If as you say it all originates in oneself, then when the river of sound moves into the desert and evaporates, it is no longer viable for Life.

And I am not saying that "it" does not exist, but rather, I find submission to God as the Way, God has chosen for me, and which I follow.

So in a way, I see a connection to the origin, and end in a different way. We may be describing something similar, or even intersecting in points?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BE IT DONE TO ME ACCORDING TO THY WORDS.
She was asked ..She said YES.
So Mary said "YES" to the god of the Jews to being impregnated, so that she could bear a Jewish child ... raise him as a Jew, and then have her and her son convert to Catholicism ... in the FACE of the SAME god of the Jews.

You make her out to be a very stupid woman.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're QUITE the preacher. I noticed your avatar reads "Let the children come to me!

Do you believe that if Jesus lived he would have wanted the children of the Jews to come to be taught by him???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
God has chosen for me, and which I follow.
You were the one who claimed you studied other religions and then decided to be a Catholic.

LIAR!!!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Maybe I should have been clearer.
One does not need "organized religion"?
Do you always allow men to decide what you are to believe?
If the answer is "no", then Self has interjected.
<quoted text>
Great question. In fact, this is a question that many refuse to ponder too long on, because they are biased in their belief. I'm glad you put it out here for others to at read.
IMO - I believe religion hinders the potentials of human ingenuity, because religion places qualifiers on an individual and the control a person applies. If religion was not such an intrusive entity, we would have advanced much further.
<quoted text>
Who said about "forgetting everything else"? I sue in the hell didn't.
Maybe this is the ruse that has plagued so-called "Christians" for so long, they forgot they make the choices they do.
Hmmmm.....honesty is a key factor here.
<quoted text>
By seeking out the truth.
If the turh is unrecoverable, and an individual rests on what he/she determines is the result, event hough they have not "recovered the truth", how is that they can exclaim they have that supposed truth?
<quoted text>
Untrue. You make the dimensions of your life. It is not defined by religion. This is just another fallacy religion puts forth....."We have the truth, come to us and we'll tell you it."
<quoted text>
One shoud research that which they want to believe FIRST and not after the fact.
<quoted text>
You may call it anything you choose, as we both truly don't have a clear or decisive conclusion that would make it 100% true.
<quoted text>
I'm okay with it, too. We all get to believe what we want.
Which is ultimately Self.

A lot to think on here.

I find your opinion partially true. There is another part beside religion being a hindrance to human potential, and that it provides discipline and definition, and therefore can become a means through which one is enlightened.

I suppose it depends on how one applies oneself to religion, which makes it a tool for liberation, or one of enslavement.

If you practice your religion by taking long hikes, and reflecting on the beauty of nature, then some would call it a hindrance, and others might not. But it is still your practice, and it is still religion. So religion is necessary.(By the way, I make this a part of my religion).

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To an all-powerful, all-knowing deity that demands perfection from humans ... free will would be the furthest thought from his creative "mind."
Silly nonsense!
I don't know about you, but had I been asked if I wanted to be created, knowing I would pay with suffering, I would have refused the "offer."
As is all theological nonsense ... free will is a myth.
Free will could be the proof to show that there is no "gods".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If they weren't preaching what the Apostles preached, then they weren't really Christians. That probably explains why their 'church' never made it out of the Alps. I'm sure they were nice people, but Jesus didn't promise to protect them from error. The Church Peter organized was promised that.
~~~~

You wrote

"If they weren't preaching what the Apostles preached, then they weren't really Christians."

If you believe that...Then you should have not trouble understanding why

we evangelicals don't accept Catholicism...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

- Please state which "gods" have been ordering people to believe a certain way.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would you like me to start? At the beginning of history, or later on.
I really couldn't care where you start, as there isn't any documents written by any god, except, supposedly - the "10 Commandments".

What do you have?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the believers and (that is the all important factor here)... the gods needed humans and non-human animals to be sacrificed in order in the flames in ORDER to please his whims.
"according to the believers" - is not "gods telling them what to believe", but humans making a choice to believe.

Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what believers took from their holy books, the gods told them to torture imprison and burn others at the stake.
"according to the believers" - is not "gods telling them what to believe", but humans making a choice to believe.

Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Centuries of blood-shed and it still continues, because the faithful ones read their books and are certain they find truth in the words that gods gave to earlier believers.
I now can understand why you are so upset, you blame invisible gods for the actions of humans, more than likely, because you were part of them at one time, and still haven't reconciled those false-truths that they embarked upon you.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="wilderide"
If God is omniscient, then free will is impossible, because then fate would exist:
If God knows you will do X, can you do Y instead?
If yes, then God was wrong, and not omniscient.
If no, then you have no free will.
Simple as that.

If you are the weatherman, and you see all the signs of rain, and 'know' that it is going to rain, does that mean that the weather cannot change? LOL

God, being omniscient, simply means that He knows whether I will change my mind. I still have the 'free will' to change it.

KayMarie
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That misses the point. How does one receive or earn God's grace? Faith? Or faith and works?
<quoted text>
Then you are saying that faith is the only thing required, and that while works may result, they are not necessary for salvation.
That contradicts the many, many passages that directly state that both faith and works are required. Would you like me to list them?
wilderide:

One does not earn God's Grace. It is freely given by God. One may either accept or reject God's Grace.

I can only write in generalities here, but how one accepts God's Grace, is with humbleness and child-like joy in reception.

The gift of God's Grace is less an intellectual acceptance of a message, as it is more an acceptance of a world-view.

The acceptance of faith in God is more an intellectual acceptance of the message, and less of a world-view.

(That is the sort of dynamic between God's Grace and faith in our lives.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
since it has since been united with another church ..I had to look it up but yes it is/ was whatever..
You seem to have questions about Baptists as well as Catholics ox??
I see myself first and foremost as a Christian..
One of the best bible believing churches in our area is non denominational.
They baptize every year in the ocean
I was a Catholic for forty some odd years...I are now a member of an SBC church...your "baptist" church, from what I can gather, was/is not SBC...

Believe what you will....but there is no saving power in water as the Catholic teach...per Scripture...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="wilderide"
Like I said, Mary was told after the fact, not asked beforehand.
And what do we call impregnating a women without her prior permission?

Mary asked, How shall this be...?

Gabriel said, "The Holy Ghost SHALL come upon you..." He didn't say, "has", but "shall".

What part of that don't you understand?

KayMarie

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BE IT DONE TO ME ACCORDING TO THY WORDS.
She was asked ..She said YES.
She was not asked, she was told. After that fact.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was taken for a sucker by theologians.
...for 70+ years.

WOW!! You really were delusional.....but then one day - WHA-LA!!....you seemed to have woken up from the dreamstate you were in.

What sounds to me, is that Christianity, on the day you decided to no longer be a so-called "Christian", it must've given you a revelation that didn't sit well with your previous belief.

Hmmmm......sounds like anger and frustration is your god now, instead of trying to reconcile those specific traits within your self and towards others.

Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the only reason I am on this forum.
As you can probably tell, I still don't believe you.

Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to give others the chance to see the lies that took me so many years of study to "SPOT."
Well, the way you are going about it....IMO - isn't going to help.

Expressing your anger through your posts towards what you "hate", has been proven in many cases, to actually reverse that which is hoped for as the result.

In other words, people don't really read your posts for the information, because they have already read your frustration and anger. Thus these traits become the primary focus.

Like I suggested before, researching the quotes you use, instead of taking them as "golden nuggets of info" is really just lackadaisical.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who don't want to see ... won't see ... and that is YOUR choice.
Yep - Self.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
If you are the weatherman, and you see all the signs of rain, and 'know' that it is going to rain, does that mean that the weather cannot change? LOL
God, being omniscient, simply means that He knows whether I will change my mind. I still have the 'free will' to change it.
KayMarie
You are confusing prediction with omniscience.

Prediction is using the past to predict the future, and is subject to fallibility. Omniscience is to know the future as a fact, as one knows the past or present.

So again, if God knows the future (not predictive, but omniscient), then fate necessarily exists. And if fate exists, then free will cannot. The two are mutually exclusive.

If God knows you will do X, can you do Y instead?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, its hard to reproduce in concrete terms, so let me leave you with a description of what "it" seems like to me, what you describe.
Ego-Echo= self/Self
It is more like a projection of one's own actions and choices which determines the echo through time and space. If as you say it all originates in oneself, then when the river of sound moves into the desert and evaporates, it is no longer viable for Life.
And I am not saying that "it" does not exist, but rather, I find submission to God as the Way, God has chosen for me, and which I follow.
So in a way, I see a connection to the origin, and end in a different way. We may be describing something similar, or even intersecting in points?
"I find submission to God as the Way, God has chosen for me, and which I follow."
- "God" didn't make any decisions - the Bible was written by men.

Debunked.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To an all-powerful, all-knowing deity that demands perfection from humans ... free will would be the furthest thought from his creative "mind."
Silly nonsense!
I don't know about you, but had I been asked if I wanted to be created, knowing I would pay with suffering, I would have refused the "offer."
As is all theological nonsense ... free will is a myth.
I checked with the shipping department 'upstairs'.
They said they discountenued your model some years ago,but a few escaped from quality control.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego-Echo= self/Self
BTW - "ego" is a characteristic of Self, not "the Self" entirely.

You are confused in the information that was told to you.

Or is this just your opinion and observation? If it is, you are wrong in your findings.

Please list the citation - academic - that shows that ego is equal to Self.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible does it say either that Adam died "spiritually", or that God meant that Adam would die "spiritually"?
Sorry, that doesn't wash.
Adam did die physically later, but he would have anyway, because he was not immoral to begin with.
wilderide:

If one strictly interprets words from definitions, then you are correct.

But here is the dilemma you and I face, if you enthrone one's definitions of words in the mind, then concepts die. There is no growth, and one dies.

It is sort of like you are asking me to make music without harmony, when you ask/state that Adam did not die spiritually when he turned away from God.

(Indeed I can make linear points, but not allowing them to be connected with harmony, likewise, you may as well just throw letters at random with a question mark at the end, and expect an answer.)

A short answer: The wages of sin is death(Death can be spiritual and physical), but the gift of God is eternal life.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="wilderide"
Adam would have died anyway, because he was never immortal to begin with.
God said Adam would die when he ate the fruit, and he didn't. Either God lied or God was wrong. It's as simple as that.

God said that Adam was 'good'...and had he not eaten the fruit, he would have remained where the Tree of Life was available to him. He could have lived forever there.

God said, "In the day that you eat that forbidden fruit, you will die."
God's days are 'as a thousand years' of our days. Adam died at 930 years...the first of God's days allotted to him.

It's as simple as that...
KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

487 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hidingfromyou 722,056
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Charlie Sheen 256,947
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aura Mytha 224,576
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 16 min jen-Glenne 359
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min bottom 426
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min Adam Wolff 115,585
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Aura Mytha 599,118
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr reree 86
•••