Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667942 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456098 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be the one preaching here anyway, way don't you?
Or are you 'chatting' here?
I suggest that religious preaching is the same as chatting.

It's meaningless to those who have different opinions, and yet who are being preached AT.

Prince George, Canada

#456099 Jun 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Jesus didn't say that, "I have SOME keys, or A key." He said, "I have THE keys."
Read what He says...
KayMarie
POOR Peter! Jesus didn't give him any keys, and now Peter has to in truth simply BE a pumpkin eater.

By the way ... if you have all this high knowledge ... some invisible "agent" must have passed it on to you that Jesus is YOURS to have and to hold, and doesn't belong to the Catholics after all.

:)
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#456100 Jun 25, 2013
THIS is the true Church!
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#456101 Jun 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Disciple, like all Catholics, will deny that truth, because they have a higher authority...the Pope...what say...Peter...him got the keys...Christ just thinks He hasum'
Right Clay?????
I/We as Catholics have a higher authority to "confirm, verify and correctly interpret" the bible ( to accurately conform and confirm the TRUE interpretation that was handed down over 1700 years ago by the Early Church Fathers ---who gave us the (only true) interpretation in 382,393 and 397 AD......You Protestant "fundies" since the Reformation, have twisted, manipulated, altered, skewed, perverted and distorted the TRUE Interpretation of the bible with 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent "Relative Truth" personal opinions. You Ox, can do what you want! We as Catholics will continue to follow, trust and adhere to the PROVEN TRUTH of the bible, with the TRUE MEANING OF SACRED SCRIPTURE in and through Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christs One and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the TRUE Bride of Christ)

Prince George, Canada

#456102 Jun 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the head of His Holy Church. Its not catholic nor any of the protestant denominations.
Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world; we the people are the bride of Christ; the TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT .
YEAH ... well that is all fine and dandy ... but who owns Jesus??? That is what I want to know. Do the Catholics own him, or do the Protestants own him.

In this religious business ownership is "everything."

If you can't own a god, what good IS the god??? He won't love you when he's told to love you, or anything of the sort.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#456103 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
No!! But you OLDJG seem to be "drifting around in circles" as you always do, which is nothing new!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#456104 Jun 25, 2013
under your false prophet key convent as mormon..
what will be left
scandidavia and chine mongolia=is that first kingdom
viking and mongol
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you are kay wrong
kacara udala se za cara
car ....
i pobi zube
zub=dentist
wisdom
o buzdovane ludo radovanje
obuzd ludo radovanje
look map
mr mapic map mep mip mop mup
mop=clener
on map will be clean what/
WHO WILL BE LEFT
SKANDIC MOGIC
Skandal and morgic
skong and mong gong
s $konkkungkangkengking mong meng ming mong mung

Prince George, Canada

#456105 Jun 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
JesusÂ’ Sorrow for Jerusalem
It's strange that Jesus doesn't cry over all those starving babies that die every day in front of his eyes, while his daddy looks the other way ... and yet Jesus cries goo-gobs of tears for Jerusalem.

The words in that bible are "really" manipulate-able.

Prince George, Canada

#456106 Jun 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
It's all in the Bible...
KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#456107 Jun 25, 2013
please
think normal
after m coming n
mormon normon
excuse meeeeeeeee
normal thinking
mr or mr air baircair
mare m ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
bair cairoooooooooooooooo
cairoooooooo=bird
wing=soup from chicken wings ch ic =led=water
mr or mrs moparica what you want sweep off from map
mapic=cipamo=what you want cat off cip[ati =cut off=kata vata

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
no au no eu no jamerica
only mogolvicing vic=good joke =[ha ha ha ha=air=dipla=alp id
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
see katicvatic
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456108 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?

How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?

If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?

Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why.

How come the Bible was complied 80 yrs AFTER Constantine legalized Christianity?

How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are?

looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts.
I have no idea why anyone would give to chits what you have to say about Christianity.

Prince George, Canada

#456109 Jun 25, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!...jethro: how can this be true when there is a broken chain between Jesus and his apostles, I pointed out to you through the churches own history. Once again show me where Jesus says the catholic church is his church? you have no history except the pagan/Christian church phony history, the bible nor any scripture supports the church and their man made traditions an rearranged commandments, if anything (if god is real) your church is heading to hell, show us this true history you keep talking about.
They use the bible as their history book. The problem IS, they don't agree on the history that comes from within the same bible.

Religious right-fighters follow their OWN lead and then in turn brag that a god is leading them!
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456110 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."
This verse could easily read as follows:
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and ROME!
Looks like Matthew 6:24 fits the fundies and their Bible worship to a T.

Is the Word of God you say? How do you know your Books are the word of God? My Bible has 7 more Books than yours.
Could you provide Book, chapter and verse where Christ establishes the canon?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456111 Jun 25, 2013
cairo kairo qairo
3x seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now
do you liked soup with down piramide=roots=store s=$tore door
mr or mrs upovicu up see=upovice
ap ep ip op up
ab eb in ob ub
upovice
pavice o pravice moja pavice police katicu platicu=platapusa=water
how many procent water
eu=europa=water australia =water many many much more
which continent you suport mongolija
capital ca pitas cha pitas why you asked don't tell
mongolija=ginginskan

Prince George, Canada

#456112 Jun 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Jethro are just like Peter before his TRUE conversion to Jesus Christ!
Here AGAIN we see a Catholic imp-lying that Jesus and Peter converted from Judaism to Catholicism ...(within the theology) making them both traitors TO Judaism.

The word "conversion" here is pertinent. Jews do not need to BE converted if they are faithful to Judaism.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456113 Jun 25, 2013
25/25=temperature
templeton
25 minus winter summer 25 plus
tantemtimtomtum..mr tim=what you say its all about money= funny

paul saul=pravica=who exist who not exist
truth

Perth, Australia

#456114 Jun 25, 2013
did you see any jew in mongolia
nooooooooooooooo
why should be
lama lmama lnana lqanalaka=dlaka=bradazbrazdabr azda why you left me
deisy 'dei'opuspopus see why lazy crazy
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo?
estimate
east a matee nase kate=who=mooongolija

east=mongolija
who is opuspopusegob
gobasti grebanicapopanica..capopa=sram ota

Prince George, Canada

#456115 Jun 25, 2013
Jesus is simply a doormat for USERS.

According to myth-makers and faithful myth-believers, Jesus wipes sins away, he works in Catholic confessionals, he saves whoever orders him to save them. He simply does what he's told, because he has no say of his own in these religious "matters."

But then what mythical characters ever did have a say in their own matters?

That is WHY humans idolize myths. They can order the mythical characters around and around and around and around ... and in turn to claim to own truth in the process.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#456116 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The duality of our life. Why can't you reconcile this duality with "God"?
Duality is everywhere. Yet only one "God" who is made up of "three".
It doesn't add up.
<quoted text>
One could speculate that this COULD be the case, but one could also look at it in other ways.
Abortion is a way to control population, like the supposed "Great Flood" was, but at a much lesser degree.
The abortion subject is off-topic, and personally, I think it is a bogus example, because many abortions are done with clear indicators of why they should be done. Just because someone doesn't agree with those decisions, are in truth, just opinions, spoken with biased through their religion or personal beliefs.
If there truly was a "God", and those who promote such, then why doesn't this "God" intervene. As it is stated by the so-called "Christian" team members, "He" is omniscient and omnipresent, and all-powerful, yet he can't stop abortions.
So when they die - they must all be dying because they are all part of "His plan" to do so.
Hmmmm....another conundrum.....
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I can see your point. And it is not easily dismissed.

Yet somehow, I sense that if one is doing good, they aren't going to go about, or let others go about randomly killing people. In short there is accountability for one's actions.

To say that abortion is population control is a euphemism for murder.

It is hard to describe but I think in Judeo-Christianity, there is an inverse, or reciprocal action going on.... Through time, the more one understands oneself and God, the less God apparently intervenes in human affairs. I say apparently, because in truth, the rules of the game(Creation) were set up and in play all the time.

Examples, like the Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Canaanites, Philistines, are merely recorded, and canonized. But the fall of empires, kingdoms and nations have and will continue, I think as a result of not living within the "rules of the game(Creation), set by God.

As you might say, the starting point is to know Self/self, when you start losing that knowledge your bound for destruction.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456117 Jun 25, 2013
who is gobastipape=did ever liked beeeeeeee simular like that desert=insert=where insert=tresni=bum= in ser t se rt=which rt=island is l and
rt f
why boom in rt=where is that key

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min River Tam 92,732
Florya MIELE SERVISI (2I2) 2O2 62 35 - 2O2 62 3... 30 min birimariza 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr MUQ2 1,101
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 4 hr truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 5 hr raj 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr trifecta1 979,463
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web