Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,601 - 439,620 of 537,410 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are talking to a closet catholic. one week he is a catholic, the next who knows, but thankfully the catholics accept him back when he says that he has returned.
the bottom line is that he is no different than you, both of you are lost.
Hahahahahaha

Did you ask your image of a "god" if he finds you as appealing as you find your self???

:)

From my perspective, if heaven exists it will be a greed-fest unlike any other greed-fest in the universe.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

I prefer to hang out with my neighbor's cat. At least he doesn't tell me I will burn in hell if I don't follow his "trained-load" of thoughts.

Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From your pulpit of wisdom, if you understand the bible in it's proper context, that means that those who disagree with you don't understand it in it's proper context ... RIGHT???
You are your own support system of arrogance.
June:

I have to agree with you here to some degree. Arrogance is a tough nut to crack.

So I admit I have no wisdom of my own.

For years I understood the Bible in my own terms, which set me up for a series of prideful and boastful(vainglorious) views, with their ups and downs.

As of late, I try to get right with God, by repentance and prayer before I study the Bible.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Actually, it is a good, and a godly lesson, to know frustration.
What I think often happens we let frustration turn to anger, which can hurt others, and our own selves. We thus feel guilty. And then the Holy Spirit convicts us, and our conscience gets blemished.
The sooner we see the pattern, the more expertly we can deal with anger. Ask forgiveness from others, and God, and be at peace with God and neighbor. And work out a sort of spiritual sense when we move in that direction.
In dealing with people on this thread, I have learned much, especially how easily we offend and are offended by the thoughts of others. It reminds me of Jesus's that it is not the act of adultery, but the THOUGHT, which is the sin.
It makes me see that we must discipline our thoughts, and keep them from wandering off of God, to him be glory forever.
Exactly ..conviction.

Trying to say. I'M RIGHT ..YOUR WRONG Is best left to God ..a mystery is just that..

Hard as it is to let go of that pesky bone we have to or at least I do in this.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

During the normal course of a pregnancy the blood of Mary and the blood of baby Jesus DOES NOT mix or circulate together. The umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. The placenta is the "container" that keeps Jesus "isolated" from Mary. The fetal blood flows through baby Jesus, out the umbilical cord to the placenta and no further.

The placental membrane separates MARY'S blood from JESUS blood.

Jesus was made to be a perfect sacrifice for us without blemish or tainted blood(no blood from Mary) but He had to be made flesh in order to die in our place.

Jesus DID NOT have the blood of Mary. Why? If Jesus had the blood of Mary He would be a sinner as Mary was a sinner. In Adam, and Mary, all die. In Christ all are made alive.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good insight Rob. I think Preston will admit his Biblical error now. lol. Not to be snide, but there is no way on Gods green Earth, that this man will ever admit being wrong.
Is there even a slight chance on earth that you and your Catholic pal Robert F could be wrong???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

When all these right-fighters land in their specialized hereafters ... let's hope the one god has enough sense to keep them separated.

They will suck every bit of love the god has in his possession out of him for their selves ... leaving not a bit for others.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I have to agree with you here to some degree. Arrogance is a tough nut to crack.
So I admit I have no wisdom of my own.
For years I understood the Bible in my own terms, which set me up for a series of prideful and boastful(vainglorious) views, with their ups and downs.
As of late, I try to get right with God, by repentance and prayer before I study the Bible.
So you now believe you get right with god before YOU go to the bible ... but others who disagree with you DON'T get right with god before THEY go to the bible.

Do you ever record your own drivel and play it back to your self???

GOOD GRIEF!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roman Catholic Dogma.....?????

One lie after another. Where do the lies end and the truth begin?

http://www.justforcatholics.org/assumption.ht...
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good insight Rob. I think Preston will admit his Biblical error now. lol. Not to be snide, but there is no way on Gods green Earth, that this man will ever admit being wrong.
Clay:

Its hard to say. I try to be understanding of what he tries to mean, but he comes off so "mean-spirited" that I think its his way of fighting his own demons, and a defensive mechanism.

Then you go "toe to toe" with him, and then he says you don't know anything, and he withdraws.

Definitely we all are in some sort of "insecurity" concerning our lack of knowing. And we all act differently, and have different demons to fight.

I think its good he can bring out his ideas, so he can see others may not agree. I think we all hope for a "breakthrough" so he can see Christianity is not an exclusive creed, but universal....

Also, it is a good exercise for us all in patience. And I need plenty of exercise.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roman Catholic Dogma....????? AGAIN!!!!

Another Roman Catholic lie....Not the immaculate conception but the IMMACULATE "DECEPTION"

http://www.justforcatholics.org/immaculate.ht...
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..conviction.
Trying to say. I'M RIGHT ..YOUR WRONG Is best left to God ..a mystery is just that..
Hard as it is to let go of that pesky bone we have to or at least I do in this.
RoSesz

You and God know best for your own way of working out your salvation(Philippians 2 :12).

It is most curious to me, that often when I find things moving in a spiritually good direction, I perceive a sense of happiness, and then I am challenged by difficult circumstances.

For me, it is God's "carrot and stick" approach. We have this motion of heading toward our eternal goal, which is through Jesus Christ, and we are willing to reach out for the carrot, but shy away from the stick.

So I now find comfort in both. I know the Lord is near, and guiding me.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Hey Danny boy, this is for you.....

John 3:5 - "Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

For the sake of argument, let us ignore the strong contextual evidence that “water” is not primarily a reference to baptism; let us assume that in fact it does. In that case “water” and “Spirit” must refer to different aspects of the work of regeneration. In Roman Catholicism, the Spirit is the agent; water baptism is the instrument. In biblical Christianity, the Spirit is the agent; baptism is the sign of salvation. Why can’t we understand water as the reality signified by the external rite (namely spiritual cleansing and new life) brought about by the Spirit? There is no compelling reason why “water” must be understood as the instrumental cause.

Christ teaches that the new birth is the sovereign work of God the Holy Spirit. "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:8); "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12, 13). Man cannot determine when and who will be born again; God regenerates whenever and whoever He wishes. The new birth is not "according to the will of man." Now if water baptism automatically causes regeneration, we must say that the wind blows where man wishes, who can tell exactly where it goes because the administration of baptism is very much a matter of the human will.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
During the normal course of a pregnancy the blood of Mary and the blood of baby Jesus DOES NOT mix or circulate together. The umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. The placenta is the "container" that keeps Jesus "isolated" from Mary. The fetal blood flows through baby Jesus, out the umbilical cord to the placenta and no further.
The placental membrane separates MARY'S blood from JESUS blood.
Jesus was made to be a perfect sacrifice for us without blemish or tainted blood(no blood from Mary) but He had to be made flesh in order to die in our place.
Jesus DID NOT have the blood of Mary. Why? If Jesus had the blood of Mary He would be a sinner as Mary was a sinner. In Adam, and Mary, all die. In Christ all are made alive.
You're not being truthful on this. I'm not very surprised because even normal Evangelicals can see what frauds you and Preston are. I'm always shocked at the lengths you and him go to to trash the Catholic Church and I am forever grateful to God that i did not get introduced to Christianity from you two.

Anyway, you'd be correct in saying that 'in utero' Christ's blood did not mix with Mary's under a normal pregnancy. However, its entirely possible that Jesus's blood did enter Mary during birth. I am no Doctor, but i remember having this conversation with another fanatic who tried to make Mary out to be a unassuming moron. So I researched it and found that the Mother supplies more to the fetus than you fundies would admit. When the placenta is detatched from the Mother, blood from her and her baby usually mix. But not always.
During the pregnancy, Mary's blood would have gone INTO Jesus and supplied him with nutrients and oxygen to keep Him alive. After He was born, Milk from Mary would have sustained His life. Just based on that fact alone, its mind boggling you radicals would demean the Blessed Mother like you do.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
even oldjg is telling that it was impossible for od to have had sex with mary to create jesus. notice that word" create".

so the question must be asked.Can a human being take the form of God? the answer of course is no, a resounding NO!!!!!!!

therefore Jesus could not have taken anything from mary, including her DNA.

so this leaves only ONE alternative, Jesus changed Himself into that Embryo, it was neer has Robert wishes to say that God Created an embryo. JESUS WAS NOT A CREATED EMBRYO. Jesus is God who took Manhood upon Himself.

Jesus took Manhood or Humanity or Flesh upon Himself. It cannot be the other way around, mary could not give Humanity to the Son of God.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
You and God know best for your own way of working out your salvation(Philippians 2 :12).
It is most curious to me, that often when I find things moving in a spiritually good direction, I perceive a sense of happiness, and then I am challenged by difficult circumstances.
For me, it is God's "carrot and stick" approach. We have this motion of heading toward our eternal goal, which is through Jesus Christ, and we are willing to reach out for the carrot, but shy away from the stick.
So I now find comfort in both. I know the Lord is near, and guiding me.
And I find comfort when I feel led to do something that dies nit come naturally..We as humans always want to be proved right..

But as long as He is right..It's all good.

And Teaching patience and letting go of the "bone"

Is a gentle correction imo
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the conflicting theologies, if there is only one god, that god is the one that serves Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants.
Just because you demand full attention doesn't mean that your demands will be met.
Throw tantrums if it pleases you ... but your will might not be the final will. Your will might simply be child's play.
God demands full attention June, Muslims are different because they have no savior, they do not believe in The Christ.(ANOINTED ONE). Jews just like gentiles , there are those who believe in Jesus and some do not.
The Jews however do believe in a Messiah, and are waiting for Him.
The Christian Jews and gentiles, are waiting for the second coming of Jesus as the Bible teaches.
You indeed are one slice short of a full loaf June, you lack knowledge so you say in your heart there is no God.
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you now believe you get right with god before YOU go to the bible ... but others who disagree with you DON'T get right with god before THEY go to the bible.
Do you ever record your own drivel and play it back to your self???
GOOD GRIEF!!!
June:

Good grief!

You are putting a load on my back!

I try not to judge others, but that doesn't mean I don't use my brain.

Others can disagree with me, and I am fine with it. I don't have to be right. And they don't have to be right.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Its a bit to lonely with just the Self, when there are others around, through which the Self can teach me.
I listen to learn. I follow to be obedient to what I learn. Then I am free.
Lots of "I" being used HB.

Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min KiMare 94,423
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 6 min lil whispers 8,214
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,248
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Joyful8118 730,921
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 16 min Ida Prcaccini 26
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min lil whispers 599,592
Last Word + 2 32 min Tender Mercies 427
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 46 min Tim Osman 117,883
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Dr_Zorderz 259,389
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 173,011
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••