Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,581 - 439,600 of 539,227 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#455666 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah he is on there just keep going down the page to context on the left side and click on devotionals you will go right to all devotionals by him and others.
Found it thanks ..And book marked..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455667 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok will repost so you know I'm not a liar and that is a Topix link.
<quoted text>
Thankfully I am already a Christian.
As if you were the person I had as an example ..Oh well
I have not ..though tempted..insulted you.And won't start now.
You choose to insult and argue in a done argument
I am humble enough to know GOD and His word are all I need ..
Nit a forum or a preacher.
this a backwards insult to me, but I don't care. I have self respect for myself and I know what kind of person that I am. your opinion of means nothing whatsoever to me.

when I gave up my Church that I had Pastored for many years, there were tears on both sides and my SS cried and told me that I was the best Pastor that she ever had.

afterward I left her mom was in the hospital and I went to visit her and she started cry and introduced me as he Pastor to her mate in the other bed . and when I told the other lady that I want anymore, she started cry and said that I always would be.

I attended her funeral a few weeks later, and when her immediate family went up to view her, I went up too.

those are people that I loved and they knew me and loved me.

so what you think means squat to me.

Location hidden

#455668 Jun 23, 2013
BTW, what in the world does the word "nit" mean that you use so often.lol

nit is a baby lice. you do know that right.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455669 Jun 23, 2013
Act 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

Act 16:26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Act 16:27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

Act 16:28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Act 16:34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Commentary by F.G. Meyer

Salvation in the Jail

Act_16:25-40

Some, as we have seen, are converted by the gentle opening of the heart;

others amid the convulsions of the storm.

The first knowledge of salvation may have reached the heart of the jailer through the saving of the possessed girl, Act_16:17.

If only the heart is right with Christ, it can sing in the darkest night; and

the impression of those holy songs must have wrought still further upon the conscience of this rough Roman official, who had treated his prisoners with uncommon severity, Act_16:24.

The inner prison! Perhaps some of our readers have been in it! They have come to an end of themselves and their feet are fastened!

But God has His own way of deliverance and never forsakes His own. Art thou in the stocks today? Then pray and sing praises! Choose, for instance,

Psa_103:1-22. God will be thy very present help.

Thou shalt win thy jailer, and become a monument of Godís saving mercy.

There is no course for the convicted sinner but to trust in the salvation wrought upon the Cross; or still better, in Him who wrought it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455670 Jun 23, 2013
Act 16:26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

A similar Verse is found in the events of Resurrection Morning..

Mat 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

JESUS HAS LOOSED THE CHAINS, the bonds of sin...the door is open.

HAVE YOU CHOSEN THE FREEDOM THAT jESUS OFFERED...

OR DO YOU STILL REMAIN IN YOUR PRISON...

THE DOOR OF SALVATION IS OPEN, AND THE LIGHT IS ON...

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#455671 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this a backwards insult to me, but I don't care. I have self respect for myself and I know what kind of person that I am. your opinion of means nothing whatsoever to me.
when I gave up my Church that I had Pastored for many years, there were tears on both sides and my SS cried and told me that I was the best Pastor that she ever had.
afterward I left her mom was in the hospital and I went to visit her and she started cry and introduced me as he Pastor to her mate in the other bed . and when I told the other lady that I want anymore, she started cry and said that I always would be.
I attended her funeral a few weeks later, and when her immediate family went up to view her, I went up too.
those are people that I loved and they knew me and loved me.
so what you think means squat to me.
Glad you could touch hearts really

Very nicely I am saying that the way you insult folks who BELUEVE in our Lord is nit a good example for non believers..

I am old enough that I have encountered secular people like that.

I know my past or woukd never address any one that way..

And most of us believers are humble enough to realize that
If there is some mystery besides whatvis expressly stated in the bible .
We will know when God tells us.

For now it is not seen my nor in His will that I argue the point.

PEACE
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455672 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I t is simple.
The SEED of the woman is Mary's seed..
Jesus was human .He had to BE A SON OF ADAM but perfect in that He was the Son of God..the only possible HUMAN sacrifice.
He also had to be the descendant of David ..through Mary He was.
The Holy.Spirit was joined in her SEED..No sex as was involved..as someone here said ..That is blasphemous..She was a virgin .
No carnal knowledge.
He was wholly human thru her.
Wholly God through the Spirit
SHE was His MOTHER as it says in the bible she was.
A mystery of Faith surely but easy to understand if we believe in an all powerful God.
Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--

I Corinthians 15:21-22, 21 "For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

I Corinthians 15:45-47, 45 Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven."

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455673 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Why ask the question, if you know the answer?
Islam(calling itself a religion of peace), actually like most other religions is firstly concerned with justice. And the execution of that justice..., such as honor killings.
Christianity is unique(when properly practiced) in that mercy comes before justice. And that is why the world seeking justice/revenge seeks to destroy Christianity.
I was not indoctrinated by Catholicism. In short, I was brought up in a rather tepid religious backround of Methodism, which went to philosophy, then to theosophy. I searched through various religions until I ended in Catholicism.
So to come back to "square one," are you claiming that after centuries of Catholics imprisoning, torturing, and murdering others, that Catholicism is a religion of peace???

You are so blinded by that word salvation ... you are in a pathetic state of inability to think outside of your self-perceived hypnotic trance.

Prince George, Canada

#455674 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people can be the most stubborn, when it comes to trying to express their understanding of the Bible.
From your pulpit of wisdom, if you understand the bible in it's proper context, that means that those who disagree with you don't understand it in it's proper context ... RIGHT???

You are your own support system of arrogance.

Location hidden

#455675 Jun 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--
I Corinthians 15:21-22, 21 "For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
I Corinthians 15:45-47, 45 Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven."
you might as well forget it, rose knows it all before she came on here
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455676 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I t is simple.
The SEED of the woman is Mary's seed..
Jesus was human .He had to BE A SON OF ADAM but perfect in that He was the Son of God..the only possible HUMAN sacrifice.
He also had to be the descendant of David ..through Mary He was.
The Holy.Spirit was joined in her SEED..No sex as was involved..as someone here said ..That is blasphemous..She was a virgin .
No carnal knowledge.
He was wholly human thru her.
Wholly God through the Spirit
SHE was His MOTHER as it says in the bible she was.
A mystery of Faith surely but easy to understand if we believe in an all powerful God.
During the normal course of a pregnancy,the mothers and babies blood DOES NOT mix or circulate together. The umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. The placenta is the "container" that keeps the baby "isolated" from the mother. The fetal blood flows through the baby, out the umbilical cord to the placenta and no further.

The placental membrane SEPARATES MATERNAL BLOOD FROM FETAL BLOOD.

Jesus was made to be a perfect sacrifice for us without blemish or tainted blood, but He had to be made flesh in order to die in our place.

Jesus DID NOT have the blood of Mary. Why? Because Mary was a sinner like the rest of humanity as was Adam and in Adam all die. In Jesus all are made alive.

Prince George, Canada

#455677 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
God has already turned the lights off, and those in the dark are wandering around in their "progressive" mazes.
So here again we observe your utter arrogance of perceiving that you are enlightened, and others are in the dark.

Pathetic ignoramus!!!

And by the way, when I came on the forum years ago, you were a died in the wool Catholic back then ... so your study of other religions (if such occurred at all) was a hit and miss deal.

I tend to believe that from your inability to see beyond your box of Catholicism that you were raised as a Catholic.

Location hidden

#455678 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So to come back to "square one," are you claiming that after centuries of Catholics imprisoning, torturing, and murdering others, that Catholicism is a religion of peace???
You are so blinded by that word salvation ... you are in a pathetic state of inability to think outside of your self-perceived hypnotic trance.
you are talking to a closet catholic. one week he is a catholic, the next who knows, but thankfully the catholics accept him back when he says that he has returned.

the bottom line is that he is no different than you, both of you are lost.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455679 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was really getting frustrated. And it came to me God is right not us.
Arguing amongst ourselves on a mystery is unseemly.
Fyi.
I liked your explanation just now..
But nit going to argue with cowboy on it..:)
Peace
RoSesz:

Actually, it is a good, and a godly lesson, to know frustration.

What I think often happens we let frustration turn to anger, which can hurt others, and our own selves. We thus feel guilty. And then the Holy Spirit convicts us, and our conscience gets blemished.

The sooner we see the pattern, the more expertly we can deal with anger. Ask forgiveness from others, and God, and be at peace with God and neighbor. And work out a sort of spiritual sense when we move in that direction.

In dealing with people on this thread, I have learned much, especially how easily we offend and are offended by the thoughts of others. It reminds me of Jesus's that it is not the act of adultery, but the THOUGHT, which is the sin.

It makes me see that we must discipline our thoughts, and keep them from wandering off of God, to him be glory forever.

Prince George, Canada

#455680 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference June, the Muslim Allah is not our God.
Within the conflicting theologies, if there is only one god, that god is the one that serves Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants.

Just because you demand full attention doesn't mean that your demands will be met.

Throw tantrums if it pleases you ... but your will might not be the final will. Your will might simply be child's play.

Prince George, Canada

#455681 Jun 23, 2013
One of our acquaintances had three sons. Whichever one of the sons cut the pie, or the cake, or the orange, et cetera, had to be satisfied with the last piece left on the plate.

The boys learned to not try to manipulate situations in order to grab more than their own share.

It's a pity that people in religion didn't learn that lesson.

From my perspective, the emotion of god-envy is not to be envied.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455682 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June:

That is why I used the qualifier..., Christianity(when it is practiced properly). In the instances of religious persecution within the RCC by the improper perceptions of people doing such, does not represent Christianity.

Back at you! Are you so blinded by your contempt for religion that you don't have the ability to see you are in a trance?
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455683 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Again, your theory that God created an embryo and implanted it by explaining with modern medical procedures falls short. And it goes to the basic necessity of Jesus being a human being, in the lineage(LINEAGE!) of humanity.
You disconnect humanity from Jesus when you say that God created an egg and put it in Mary.
The main problem is that it makes no sense. Why would there be extensive genealogy in the Bible, especially in Matthew to show Jesus' human heritage? And why would it be the seed of a woman in Genesis(3:15)? And why would it be the fruit of David to sit upon the throne(Psalm 132:11)?
You are saying that Jesus was not born of the lineage of Adam, of the SEED of a woman, of the seed of David. You are saying God created some other human being and put it into Mary. You are directly contradicting scripture, based on your beliefs.
You are promoting a basic heresy contrary to the teachings of the Bible. It just has a modern twist because of modern biology. The basic heresy questions the humanity of Jesus. Most early heresies were involved in this area. Again you have a modern twist.
God created one set of parents for the human race, and not a second or third, or created some later on and put them in time to reseed humanity. Jesus was fully human of the seed of woman, of the fruit of David's body.
Very good insight Rob. I think Preston will admit his Biblical error now. lol. Not to be snide, but there is no way on Gods green Earth, that this man will ever admit being wrong.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#455684 Jun 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
As,I said to cowboy..this,argument ..discussion is nit one any of us can know for sure as its a mystery .some will agree with me..some with you.

SHOUKD God choose to reveal that she is nit really His mother I am find

But convicted this morning that the argument itself dies nothing to glorify our Saviour.

And I am sorry for my part in it.

Someday God willing we will be able to ask Him all we desire.

Until then. Since this subject is nit essential to salvation since we both agree that JESUS Christ the begotten Son If God suffered and died so that we may live.
I fir one have seen the argument as becoming unseemly.

Regarding His mother.

As,in dragging in carnal things etc..which have no place in discussing this subject..

So I wish you peace :)

If

Prince George, Canada

#455685 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are talking to a closet catholic. one week he is a catholic, the next who knows, but thankfully the catholics accept him back when he says that he has returned.
the bottom line is that he is no different than you, both of you are lost.
Hahahahahaha

Did you ask your image of a "god" if he finds you as appealing as you find your self???

:)

From my perspective, if heaven exists it will be a greed-fest unlike any other greed-fest in the universe.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 7 min topsT 98
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Rosa_Winkel 733,234
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 14 min andet1987 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 17 min Classic 1,769
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min RADEKT 258,086
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 23 min andet1987 4,346
Last Word + 2 28 min andet1987 541
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Black Thunder 42 600,017
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Aquarius-WY 2,462
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,391
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••