Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603780 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#455588 Jun 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
INFIDELS SUCH AS YOURSELF HAVE TAKEN MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS AND
BROUGHT HERE DOWN TO THE BE THE OBJECTIVE OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION..
YOUR DIRTY MINDED OLD MEN ( YOUR UNHOLY FATHERS )HAVE Turned her married life he relationship with here HUSBAND INTO A Tabloid sexual novel.
EVIDENTLY YOU GET YOU OWN JOLLIES FROM DISCUSSING THIS UNGODLY SENSUALITY.
Sorry Kay but it's cowboy saying the sex thing.

As if Holy God woukd need that to make sure His Son was David's descendant as prophesied..

She. Was His mother..a descendant of David.

He was as he said. The Son of MAN.THIS HAS gotten crazy imo.

And I don't like being told to shut up.

The bible clearly says she was,His mother ..Not a surrogate .
Nit receptacle

Mother..Gods word not mine..

And I personally think she later was wife to Joseph and had other children .

And I don't care about her sex life.

But she was the Mother of our Dear Lord.

NOT a Petri dish

And no sex involved..No similarity to the sinful so called sons if God as cowboy says.

God in heaven through His Spirit impregnated her.

She was if David's line through Nathan ..

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455589 Jun 22, 2013
Numbers 13:33, "And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455590 Jun 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one had sex with Mary ..befallen angels had sex.
GOD destroyed the polluted DNA of those people by finding non polluted DNA in Noah..the rest died.
Jesus in order to be a sacrifice for us He was a Son of Adam ..a Son of David (despite efforts to kill.all if his descendants)
MARY.IS A DIRECT DESCENDANT OF DAVID.
the imoregnation was not sexual. sexualIzed with the sons of God.
How do you think a descendant of David became Messiah as prophesied.
SHE
WAS
HIS
MOTHER
No he didn't.
There were others still here after the "flood"(according to your book).
Take "Goliath" for example.
Your deity doesn't seem to be very competent in his works.
1/3 of heaven revolting, Adam and Eve not being perfect(let's not forget about Lillith here) the failure of the flood, etc. etc. etc.

Location hidden

#455591 Jun 22, 2013
[who="Clay "
That's all find and dandy that the Jews acknowledged Joseph as the legal father of Jesus. To God, the status the Jews gave Joseph is irrelevant. And so is the moment they decide to recognize Josephs status. God recognized Joseph's title before he was born.
When did God 'recognize' Joseph's title?
KM
Probably when Joseph returned home, and found that some scoundrel had knocked up his young fiance.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#455592 Jun 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
During the normal course of a pregnancy,the mothers and babies blood does not mix or circulate together. The umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. The placenta is the "container" that keeps the baby "isolated" from the mother. The fetal blood flows through the baby, out the umbilical cord to the placenta and no further.
The placental membrane separates maternal blood from fetal blood.
Jesus was made to be a perfect sacrifice for us without blemish or tainted blood, but He had to be made flesh in order to die in our place.
Jesus DID NOT have the blood of Mary. Why? Because Mary was a sinner like the rest of humanity.
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "Mary's DNA combined with God to create Christ. You've a bunch of inept Bible worshipers who'll stop at nothin to trash the Catholic Church because you were brainwashed into believing its the 'Whore of Babylon'." End quote.
Mary's DNA is not contained in the body of the perfect sacrifice for our sins, Jesus Christ. Mary is nothing more than you and me. She is a human being and a sinner saved by grace. The Roman Catholic church deserves to be trashed but Mary does not. The Roman Catholic church deserves to be trashed because you have elevated Mary to sinless, ever virgin and assumed into heaven. All of which is a lie from the pits of hell and from your father, Satan. The only perfect sinless person who ever lived was Jesus Christ. Not Mary and not anyone other than Jesus Christ.
Cly said, quote, "You do not realize the line you've crossed in demeaning the Mother of God- Our Lord Jesus Christ. There is no way Christ would be tolerant of the treatment towards His Mother from you guys." End quote.
You and the Roman Catholic church crossed the line when you declared Mary as sinless, Mary as forever being a virgin and Mary's assumption into heaven. You have lied about Jesus mother and will be held accountable by Jesus Himself. As for tolerance, I am surprised Jesus has allowed your bologna Christianity to survive for such a very long time in human terms.
Cly, go back to the hole you crawled out of and worship your statues, relics, saints and everything else the Roman Catholic church tells you to worship.
Forget the Catholic church.

He had to have DNA from David and Adam to be the Son of man ..And no sex involved either

He had to be David's descendants of scripture is wrong..

And the bible says she is His mother ..She is a descendant of David.

Hand picked by God .

This is so easy to understand ..I don't get the confusion.

Nit saying she is to be worshipped.

She was a human woman given the great honir or to be His MOTHER.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455593 Jun 22, 2013
Hey Cly and all of the Roman Catholics on this forum. Please listen.

The ability to trace a church back to the “first church” through apostolic succession is an argument used by a number of different churches to assert that their church is the “one true church.” The Roman Catholic Church makes this claim. The Greek Orthodox Church makes this claim. Some Protestant denominations make this claim. Some of the “Christian” cults make this claim. How do we know which church is correct? The biblical answer is – it does not matter!

The first church, its growth, doctrine, and practices, were recorded for us in the New Testament. Jesus, as well as His apostles, foretold that false teachers would arise, and indeed it is apparent from some of the New Testament epistles that these apostles had to fight against false teachers early on. Having a pedigree of apostolic succession or being able to trace a church's roots back to the "first church" is nowhere in Scripture given as a test for being the true church. What is given is repeated comparisons between what false teachers teach and what the first church taught, as recorded in Scripture. Whether a church is the "true church" or not is determined by comparing its teachings and practices to that of the New Testament church, as recorded in Scripture.

How do we determine whether a church is teaching correct doctrine or not? The only infallible standard that Scripture says that we have is the Bible (Isaiah 8:20; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 2:25; Galatians 1:6-9). Tradition is a part of every church, and that tradition must be compared to God's Word, lest it go against what is true (Mark 7:1-13). It is true that the cults and sometimes orthodox churches twist the interpretation of Scripture to support their practices; nonetheless, Scripture, when taken in context and faithfully studied, is able to guide one to the truth.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455594 Jun 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the Catholic church.
He had to have DNA from David and Adam to be the Son of man ..And no sex involved either
He had to be David's descendants of scripture is wrong..
And the bible says she is His mother ..She is a descendant of David.
Hand picked by God .
This is so easy to understand ..I don't get the confusion.
Nit saying she is to be worshipped.
She was a human woman given the great honir or to be His MOTHER.
Don't worry, I have forgotten the Roman Catholic church.

rosesz said, quote, "He had to have DNA from David and Adam to be the Son of man ..And no sex involved either" End quote.

Please read your Bible. I Corinthians 15:45–49, 45 "Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven."

Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. 16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. 17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. 18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. 19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous."

rosesz said, quote, "This is so easy to understand ..I don't get the confusion." End quote.

Easy to understand? Please explain how Mary became pregnant as a virgin by the Holy Spirit? Easy to understand? Let's hear it.

If Jesus had the DNA of Mary He would have been from the first Adam and not a perfect sacrifice because the Bible tells us what?

I Corinthians 15:22, "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#455595 Jun 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Hey Cly and all of the Roman Catholics on this forum. Please listen.
The ability to trace a church back to the “first church” through apostolic succession is an argument used by a number of different churches to assert that their church is the “one true church.” The Roman Catholic Church makes this claim. The Greek Orthodox Church makes this claim. Some Protestant denominations make this claim. Some of the “Christian” cults make this claim. How do we know which church is correct? The biblical answer is – it does not matter!
The first church, its growth, doctrine, and practices, were recorded for us in the New Testament. Jesus, as well as His apostles, foretold that false teachers would arise, and indeed it is apparent from some of the New Testament epistles that these apostles had to fight against false teachers early on. Having a pedigree of apostolic succession or being able to trace a church's roots back to the "first church" is nowhere in Scripture given as a test for being the true church. What is given is repeated comparisons between what false teachers teach and what the first church taught, as recorded in Scripture. Whether a church is the "true church" or not is determined by comparing its teachings and practices to that of the New Testament church, as recorded in Scripture.
How do we determine whether a church is teaching correct doctrine or not? The only infallible standard that Scripture says that we have is the Bible (Isaiah 8:20; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 2:25; Galatians 1:6-9). Tradition is a part of every church, and that tradition must be compared to God's Word, lest it go against what is true (Mark 7:1-13). It is true that the cults and sometimes orthodox churches twist the interpretation of Scripture to support their practices; nonetheless, Scripture, when taken in context and faithfully studied, is able to guide one to the truth.
I agree.
No denomination will get anyone into heaven

Have you heard of this group ..spread the word by discipleship and scripture while hiding from the Church and Emperor..very.old history

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

When you have time..3 videos are on YouTube. Not sure which period this one encompassed.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455596 Jun 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
There were others still here after the "flood"(according to your book).
Take "Goliath" for example.
Your deity doesn't seem to be very competent in his works.
1/3 of heaven revolting, Adam and Eve not being perfect(let's not forget about Lillith here) the failure of the flood, etc. etc. etc.
As they think they are his favored ones, they never pay attention to the failures of the supposed god.

It's impolite to bite the hand that they are certain will reward them with only GOOD things.

Prince George, Canada

#455597 Jun 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably when Joseph returned home, and found that some scoundrel had knocked up his young fiance.
If Joseph could only have tracked down something invisible ... woe be on to god!!!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#455598 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
THE Bible says ...
The bible lays silent amidst your noise!

Prince George, Canada

#455599 Jun 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us...exactly what part of the DNA was altered so that "supernatural" could mix with human?
It would have been rejected by the host, and spontaneously aborted.
Do you people realize how ridiculous your assertion is?
We are not living in the ignorance of the past any longer.
Oh yes we ARE living in the ignorance of the past.

Imagine if religion had never taken root ... if someone today claimed that a god impregnated a woman on earth how most people would react to such a stupid statement.

It goes totally against science, and yet because some nitwits way back when told the story, countless people of our era believe it is true.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#455600 Jun 22, 2013

The RC is the Whore of Revelation, and the beast, and much more. This is just a FACT.

It started in the book of Daniel chapter 2 where we find four (4) world empires until the second coming. The 4th and final is the Roman Empire.

In Daniel chapter 7 we find the transformation from Imperial Rome to Papal Rome and the holy roman empire. We are even given how long the HRE would have power. Only one empire has ever ruled this time period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-year_princip...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_states

The beast and church are then found in Revelation, given by Jesus to John.

Clay and his Church's only defense is to burn the Bible.

Location hidden

#455601 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Joseph could only have tracked down something invisible ... woe be on to god!!!
:)
Well, he admitted he couldn't beat iron chariots, so he sure ain't invincible.
That ought'a tell ya sumpth'n...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455602 Jun 22, 2013
It is idolatry and it is a sin to worship the "host". In the Roman Catholic communion service, a piece of bread has been elevated to the position of God. We know that the eucharist cannot be the incarnate Christ because the Bible says that no god was ever made with human hands:

Acts 19:26 - "Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands"

According to the Bible, we are to celebrate communion - the eating of bread and the fruit of the vine - to remember Christ's sacrifice for those He came to save and to be reminded that, if we are truly saved, we will one day be in the presence of the Lord at the wedding supper of the Lamb:

I Corinthians 11:24-25 - "And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me."

Matthew 26:29 - "But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

Revelation 19:9 - "And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."

There is absolutely no need for Jesus to turn into bread so that he can be re-sacrificed, re-presented or so that we can participate in His sacrifice, since the Bible says:

Hebrews 10:10 - "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

The idea of a system of priests who turn cakes of bread into the flesh of the gods is not a new idea. Neither is the idea of worshiping a queen of heaven. The pagans were doing these things in the days of Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 7:18 - "The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

God condemned the people in Jeremiah's day and He condemns you too if you are worshiping the eucharist as the literal body, blood and divinity of Christ.

Location hidden

#455603 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes we ARE living in the ignorance of the past.
Imagine if religion had never taken root ... if someone today claimed that a god impregnated a woman on earth how most people would react to such a stupid statement.
It goes totally against science, and yet because some nitwits way back when told the story, countless people of our era believe it is true.
When you state "we" you need to post a disclaimer I reckon...we are not all that mentally deficient.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#455604 Jun 22, 2013

Do we "preach the gospel and Jesus"?

2 Tim 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."

many more here..
www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationRes...
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#455605 Jun 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
When you state "we" you need to post a disclaimer I reckon...we are not all that mentally deficient.

Jesus was here back then. Much more believable when watching his miracles. Many did not believe when they first heard. It wasnt until Jesus was older and began his ministry they believed and were converted.

Location hidden

#455606 Jun 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was here back then. Much more believable when watching his miracles. Many did not believe when they first heard. It wasnt until Jesus was older and began his ministry they believed and were converted.
You should watch Copperfield make a "jet" disappear.
I don't doubt that Jesus existed, but the "miracles" is another story...and so are the bible accounts.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#455607 Jun 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, I have forgotten the Roman Catholic church.
rosesz said, quote, "He had to have DNA from David and Adam to be the Son of man ..And no sex involved either" End quote.
Please read your Bible. I Corinthians 15:45–49, 45 "Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven."
Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. 16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. 17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. 18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. 19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous."
rosesz said, quote, "This is so easy to understand ..I don't get the confusion." End quote.
Easy to understand? Please explain how Mary became pregnant as a virgin by the Holy Spirit? Easy to understand? Let's hear it.
If Jesus had the DNA of Mary He would have been from the first Adam and not a perfect sacrifice because the Bible tells us what?
I Corinthians 15:22, "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."
I t is simple.
The SEED of the woman is Mary's seed..
Jesus was human .He had to BE A SON OF ADAM but perfect in that He was the Son of God..the only possible HUMAN sacrifice.
He also had to be the descendant of David ..through Mary He was.
The Holy.Spirit was joined in her SEED..No sex as was involved..as someone here said ..That is blasphemous..She was a virgin .
No carnal knowledge.
He was wholly human thru her.
Wholly God through the Spirit
SHE was His MOTHER as it says in the bible she was.
A mystery of Faith surely but easy to understand if we believe in an all powerful God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 881,659
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Epiphany2 613,088
Black Men obsession 32 min Sarah 8
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min bad bob 177,905
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 49 min Truthiness 10
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 2 hr Brian 277
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Into The Night 4,160
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr dollarsbill 8,413
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 5 hr ggn gay 590
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 hr sangili karuppan 7,699
More from around the web