Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,925
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455466 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have no dilemma, I have a very perfect understanding of His Word, and therefore, I don't believe for one second that God couldn't have used another surrogate woman to nurture Him. If mary refused(free will, remember), others would have been pleased to have been that one chosen.
the gospel of Thomas says that she had a sister, that would have qualified her the same as mary.lol
Preston:

Then you believe in an erring Bible, and an erring God.

All of Creation rests on the acceptance of Mary's "Yes" to God, in having Jesus, and the Bible is not changeable to fit your beliefs that someone other than whom God called/asked to be the mother of Jesus....

You believe in your belief, not in God and an unerring/unchanging Bible.

I think I understand you a bit better now. Thank you.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#455467 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Interesting read.
I knew of the two lineages, but was not aware of the Jeconuah problem in Joseph's line.
It fills in some gap in my knowledge and understanding. Thank you.
Can't remember which but it came up in a book ..had never heard if Jeconuah..So looked it up..

See have read this too and a Christian sermon

Anyway

Satan took TH a t curse seriously ..And kept trying to thwart it..
ABEL dead.
Those in Noah time with perverted lineage.

Killing off David's heirs. Etc ..used human to do this, making them turn to false gods..

All along God knew who would be the mother..But dud nit make it easy fir Satan ..think maybe he was,like the Jews looking fir male descendants. Possibly..

GOD s,plan especially on Our redemption and every facet if Jesus life would nit be deterred in any way.

I look forward. To meeting the saints,in heaven. And talking about all thatvwexreadxin the bible...

Probably more mysteries than we can guess at..everything in the bible means something. Imo

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455468 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
I think we are begrudging a point here.
Jesus is King of kings. He will judge the nations(Rev 15:4). This makes him King in heaven and earth. He rules the rulers. He has conquered them already while on earth, and in his resurrection.
Satan is left in a state of being between heaven and earth, suspended and the prince of the air.
God's Will is going to be done in heaven and on earth. I think not so much by force as we know "force" on the earth now, but by being judged already, and awaiting the hope in Christ, and Love of God.
lol. so satan is just suspended in the air uh?

wonder what he was doing when he took Jesus up in the air?LOL

you aint got a clue as to what you are talking about. you mix several different things together to try and prove your POV

if satan is suspended in the air, how then could he take Jesus up to a mountain.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

don't bother me with your foolishness, learn then come back and we will discuss the Bible.
Anthony MN

United States

#455469 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
All of Creation rests on the acceptance of Mary's "Yes" to God, in having Jesus, and the Bible is not changeable to fit your beliefs that someone other than whom God called/asked to be the mother of Jesus....
He believes in his belief. Well put Robert.

Location hidden

#455470 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
prove to us Christians that if mary refused, then His Creation would fall apart.

I understood you from the beginning, you are a catholic and a stupid one at that. you are more dangerous than a jar of nitro

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#455471 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for her lineage yes, for faithfulness, sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. her faithfulness came because she DID obey the words given to her.
you cant speak about an experience before she had that experience, you do know that right?
we can look at hindsight but she had no experience obeying God before that happened.
and in jewish religious lifestyle, girls and women very seldom participated in religious ceremonies. So she had no background in them.
just pay attention and I will teach you things that you have known nothing about in the past and present.
So you know she was not a pure faithful Jewish young woman chosen by God because He knew her faith and obedience would make her say yes to a proposal that coukd lead to her being stoned.

How???

You really do not have any faith in God's judgement ..from your posts.

SHE'S a bad mom ..She was only faithful after.

God coukd have picked some one else if s he said no..implying He did nit know she woukd say yes.

She was picked by Almighy God..And was no more just a receptacle than you are..not a surrogate ..bible says her SEED..She is His mother..Nit a surrogate womb...

Location hidden

#455472 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He believes in his belief. Well put Robert.
robert has ALWAYS tried to show that he is intelligent but his stupidity has shown thru constantly since he has been on this forum

Location hidden

#455473 Jun 22, 2013
Revelation refers to the final conquest and [[[[[[[[[[return of Jesus.]]]]]]]]]

The implication is that in the end all other rules will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all creation and creatures. There is no power, no king, and no lord who can oppose Him and win

In the END, IN THE END, IN THE END!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#455474 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know she was not a pure faithful Jewish young woman chosen by God because He knew her faith and obedience would make her say yes to a proposal that coukd lead to her being stoned.
How???
You really do not have any faith in God's judgement ..from your posts.
SHE'S a bad mom ..She was only faithful after.
God coukd have picked some one else if s he said no..implying He did nit know she woukd say yes.
She was picked by Almighy God..And was no more just a receptacle than you are..not a surrogate ..bible says her SEED..She is His mother..Nit a surrogate womb...
YOU MADE THE STATEMENT THAT HE CHOSE HER BECAUSE OF HER FAITHFULNESS.

I would NEVER make some statement like that that I could not Prove. I don't post stupid thoughts and denigrate God in the process as you have done.

as far as the word surrogate. I doubt if you even know what it means and what it refers to.so here it is and look closely and see how closely it resembles the arrangement that God made with her.

Surrogacy is an arrangement(did not mary agree) in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person(God). The surrogate may be the child's genetic mother (called traditional surrogacy), or she may be genetically unrelated to the child (called gestational surrogacy(and mary was not related to Jesus, lol)

Now God is no relation to mary, but He and the Holy Ghost chose her, just as a couple would choose another woman to have a child for them. this concept is very easy to understand and believe with just a minute intelligence.

your ignorance due to your catholic upbringing prohibits you from knowing the truth

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#455475 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have no dilemma, I have a very perfect understanding of His Word, and therefore, I don't believe for one second that God couldn't have used another surrogate woman to nurture Him. If mary refused(free will, remember), others would have been pleased to have been that one chosen.
the gospel of Thomas says that she had a sister, that would have qualified her the same as mary.lol
Again you are in error sorry

You are implying the all knowing God left this to chance..it was His Son we are speaking of..when God told the Serpent the SEED of the woman would crush his head..HE ALREADY KNEW the woman was MARY.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455476 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't dare explore Catholicism. If you did, you would see the topology and the connections to the OT are unique amongst all of Christendom.
You only can trace your roots to 20th century America and thats it. The rest of your religion is trying to navigate a Christiainty with SOME of the word of God. You are missing a few Books...
~~~

You wouldn't dare explore Catholicism.

YOUR RIGHT ....

I DON'T EXPLORE DARK CAVERNS...

I walk in the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as He is in the light

He is the light of the world....

You Roman Catholics love darkness...

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
J

Location hidden

#455477 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother helped me as a young boy in my faith in God. By her patient love for me she taught me how to be a good person and to love Jesus with all my heart. She taught me how to pray, how to offer up my suffering to Jesus. She prayed to God for me and my brothers and sisters from the moment were were born till the day she died. She was an instrument used by God by which I have the sure hope of salvation. Maybe your mother wasn't what mine was.
Mary is our spiritual Mother. We believe God uses her as in instrument to help us love and know His Son as she did. We believe she hears our requests to her to pray to the Father and the Son on our behalf. She doesn't save anyone by her own power but she points us to Jesus, in that way she plays a role in our salvation.
Go ahead and mock us, it only strenghtens our faith.
Me mocking????!!! Nay nay!!! I did not say: "Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II

Am only showing what your pope said...which is Salvation is through Mary!!!! Make you a bet...even the Pink Rabbit knows better....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455478 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Revelation refers to the final conquest and [[[[[[[[[[return of Jesus.]]]]]]]]]
The implication is that in the end all other rules will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all creation and creatures. There is no power, no king, and no lord who can oppose Him and win
In the END, IN THE END, IN THE END!!!!!!!
Perhaps we'll both be alive when certain supernatural events begin the Apocalypse. I will make a bet with you... The world will look to the Bishop of Rome to make sense of the chaos and to shepherd us through. They will not look to you and your leather highlighted Bible for guidance. You're just one of thousands of private popes who've attempted to take down the Catholic Church. You guys pass on, and the Catholic Church remains unscathed.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#455479 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU MADE THE STATEMENT THAT HE CHOSE HER BECAUSE OF HER FAITHFULNESS.
I would NEVER make some statement like that that I could not Prove. I don't post stupid thoughts and denigrate God in the process as you have done.
as far as the word surrogate. I doubt if you even know what it means and what it refers to.so here it is and look closely and see how closely it resembles the arrangement that God made with her.
Surrogacy is an arrangement(did not mary agree) in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person(God). The surrogate may be the child's genetic mother (called traditional surrogacy), or she may be genetically unrelated to the child (called gestational surrogacy(and mary was not related to Jesus, lol)
Now God is no relation to mary, but He and the Holy Ghost chose her, just as a couple would choose another woman to have a child for them. this concept is very easy to understand and believe with just a minute intelligence.
your ignorance due to your catholic upbringing prohibits you from knowing the truth
Her Seed. Her egg..wholly human
wholly divine

GOD THE FATHER
MARY THE MOTHER.

SHE was related to Jesus as His mother..And God picked her because he knew she was a pure faithful Jewess.

Unless you are saying she was what you called a traditional surrogate ...you are wrong

SHE WAS RELATED BY BLOOD ..the heir of David.

So which is it was she his Mother as it says in the bible or a receptacle.

And by the way when I was a child in Catholic school I Though. VIRGIN
was a part of her name ..it was the fifties in a school run by nuns..

No idea at all how babies are made..

But if you are saying she was anything less than His natural MOTHER
you are contradicting the bible.

Location hidden

#455480 Jun 22, 2013
It is this exemption from certain mitzvot that has led to the greatest misunderstanding of the role of women in Judaism. First, many people make the mistake of thinking that this exemption is a prohibition. On the contrary, although women are not required to perform time-based positive mitzvot, they are generally permitted to observe such mitzvot if they choose (though some are frustrated with women who insist on performing visible, prestigious optional mitzvot while they ignore mundane mandatory ones). Second, because this exemption diminishes the role of women in the synagogue, many people perceive that women have no role in Jewish religious life. This misconception derives from the mistaken assumption that Jewish religious life revolves around the synagogue. It does not; it revolves around the home, where the woman's role is every bit as important as the man's.
since mary had no home and husband when she was chosen, she therefore had no experience in any religious experience, However and thanks be to God, He knew her heart.
that is what he looked on, not her faithfulness.
HER HEART, ROSE, HER HEART

Location hidden

#455481 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are in error sorry
You are implying the all knowing God left this to chance..it was His Son we are speaking of..when God told the Serpent the SEED of the woman would crush his head..HE ALREADY KNEW the woman was MARY.
LOL< HE KNEW THE "SEED" WAS JESUS. ONLY GOD COULD DESTROY THE devil, ONLY GOD.

Mary doesn't enter into this battle, it is between God and satan.

you don't seem to know very much even about little things.

Location hidden

#455482 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we'll both be alive when certain supernatural events begin the Apocalypse. I will make a bet with you... The world will look to the Bishop of Rome to make sense of the chaos and to shepherd us through. They will not look to you and your leather highlighted Bible for guidance. You're just one of thousands of private popes who've attempted to take down the Catholic Church. You guys pass on, and the Catholic Church remains unscathed.
again, your ignorance is shining as a bright light.

I am not going to be here when the apocalypse begins. I will either have went by the way of the grave or by the Rapture.

for It is written, God hath not appointed us unto His wrath.

he isn't and hasnt sent us His Son to die so we might have life and then turn around and kill us, now you catholics are something different since he has Promised to destroy your irreligious system and He will keep that promise, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THAT

Since: Nov 08

usa

#455483 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Who that believes a god is the master-mind where such horrific suffering of all forms of life exists, would not be afraid of such a monster.
My guess is, it was a lot to do with theologians catching on that through fear of gods they could rule the masses and conspire them to kill each other in wars, etc.
Religion never was good for humanity.
The bible is a crutch, and a weapon all in one.
If man fears anything, his first reaction is kill it, then ask questions, it's not hard to instill fear into someone when you start when their young or when someone is really down on their luck and grasping at anything for hope, a deity that relies on attendance and good and bad deeds in order to be in his good graces or not, just doesn't add up, meaning there would have to be more to it, It's just to simple you go to church you pay a fee you go home your butt is saved for another week, until you go back and confess the same sins over an over again to make sure you make it to the promised land, my promised land is to be cremated an my ashes scatter over a beautiful lake up in moosehead,maine. It would be nice if heaven existed, that way I can keep watching my football games from up in the clouds, I wonder if it's ok to fish in heaven? If god is of pure love why do these religious groups constantly push fear upon people? and if he exists why doesn't he stop it??

Location hidden

#455484 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Her Seed. Her egg..wholly human
wholly divine
HER EGG?

THEN IF HER EGG WAS USED(AND IT WASNT) TEHN JESUS IS HALF HUMAN, HALF GOD

she was His mother but it wasn't by Natural pregnancy. she was a surrogate that brought Him into this world as a human and he died as a human, BUT THINK GOD HE AROSE AS GOD THE SON

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455485 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

I will make a bet with you... The world will look to the Bishop of Rome to make sense of the chaos and to shepherd us through.

Yep... after the catching away of the bride of Christ...The Bishop of Rome and the ANTICHRIST WILL BE HERE....AND IN cHARGE

THE Roman catholic church WILL BE UNTOUCHED BY THE RAPTURE...

YOU WILL WIN YOUR BET AND GO THROUGH THE SEVEN YEARS OF TRIBULATION ON EARTH....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Geier 3 min YOUR PATHEDIC 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min dirty white boy- 751,242
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Brother James 602,277
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 33 min Power_2014 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 42 min shanu 1,073
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 230,109
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr USN Atheist 5,511

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE