Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591238 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#455491 Jun 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Hey June.
was going to tell you what-for,but you seem to be doing to yourself just fine.
See you tonight on the show.
SHOW?? what show??

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#455492 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>HER EGG?
THEN IF HER EGG WAS USED(AND IT WASNT) TEHN JESUS IS HALF HUMAN, HALF GOD
she was His mother but it wasn't by Natural pregnancy. she was a surrogate that brought Him into this world as a human and he died as a human, BUT THINK GOD HE AROSE AS GOD THE SON
Well sorry ..

Her Seed was her egg..it is biology

And He is WHOLLY HUMAN
WHOLLY DIVINE.

HE had to be human to be a sacrifice ..the only human perfect man

He refers to himself as SON of MAN

How else would this happen

She was HIS MOTHER.

HER SEED ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455493 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL< HE KNEW THE "SEED" WAS JESUS. ONLY GOD COULD DESTROY THE devil, ONLY GOD.
Mary doesn't enter into this battle, it is between God and satan.
you don't seem to know very much even about little things.
And you are wrong ..sorry again ..

She was His mother in every way ..the bible says Nothing of what you are saying.

And this does nit come from Catholics..as I say back then they did not teach us what it meant to be a virgin.

You are reading things into the bible that are not there.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455494 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>prove to us Christians that if mary refused, then His Creation would fall apart.
I understood you from the beginning, you are a catholic and a stupid one at that. you are more dangerous than a jar of nitro
Preston:

It would be very hard for me prove the Bible is unerring and unchangeable to someone who calls himself a Christian, and doesn't believe the Bible is unerring and unchangeable.

It is generally agreed by Christians, that a Christian believes the Bible is unchangeable. But since it is for you easily changed because of your beliefs, I leave you to believe what you will to be so....

In a sense it is as I wrote, you believe in your beliefs, and not in the Bible. You know and use it as a justification for your beliefs, instead of believing in the Bible.

I am not saying you do not understand, or lack understanding, rather your beliefs offer no room for improvement in your spiritual life. It is something we all face at one time or another.

My greater disappointment is that you use your knowledge to divide, rather than unify the Body of Christ.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455495 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Get sick of people posting that God and science are at odds
When scientists agree that a god in the sky impregnated a woman on earth and she bore a son out of that connection, I'm going to swear off of science forever,'cause it won't be worth a tinker's damn.

:)
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455496 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Revelation refers to the final conquest and [[[[[[[[[[return of Jesus.]]]]]]]]]
The implication is that in the end all other rules will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all creation and creatures. There is no power, no king, and no lord who can oppose Him and win
In the END, IN THE END, IN THE END!!!!!!!
Preston

The Book of the Apocalypse(Revelation), is not the end, the end, the end. That is just a modern interpretation. It is really the new beginning.

If you aren't born again, then you don't know all is born anew in Christ. And one sees in new and spiritual ways in Christ.

One must be a new creature in Christ. Born again.

Prince George, Canada

#455497 Jun 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Hey June.
was going to tell you what-for,but you seem to be doing to yourself just fine.
See you tonight on the show.
Now Jumper you be careful on the "free"way that Jesus doesn't run right over you on his rush to serve his REAL favorites.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455498 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>HER EGG?
she was His mother but it wasn't by Natural pregnancy. she was a surrogate that brought Him into this world as a human and he died as a human, BUT THINK GOD HE AROSE AS GOD THE SON
Ok scripture tells us JESUS,woukd be a direct descendant of the very humankind David ..how.
If not through Mary

Joseph was his ADOPTED father and his line..JECONIAH ..could nit produce a blood relative of David ..GOD Said so.

And He was nit related by blood to Joseph anyway.

Only to His mother Mary.
Who was a direct descendant of King David

Prince George, Canada

#455499 Jun 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T EXPLORE DARK CAVERNS...
Now THAT also is a matter of opinion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455500 Jun 22, 2013
MY ANSWER TO YOUR FORMER POST WAS...

I will make a bet with you... The world will look to the Bishop of Rome to make sense of the chaos and to shepherd us through.
Yep... after the catching away of the bride of Christ...The Bishop of Rome and the ANTICHRIST WILL BE HERE....AND IN cHARGE
THE Roman catholic church WILL BE UNTOUCHED BY THE RAPTURE...
YOU WILL WIN YOUR BET AND GO THROUGH THE SEVEN YEARS OF TRIBULATION ON EARTH....

YOU NEVER RESPONDED TO IT

~~~~

SO YOU QUICKLY DIVERTED THE SUBJECT....TO
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hey old fella? You pop on to unite with the other career Minister to trash the Blessed Mother too?
You guys are phonies. Nobody outside of your inner circle takes you seriously. I enjoy the scripture bludgeoning you and Preston unleash on everyone. It verifies my belief that the Catholic Church is the original one and you guys are the modern Scribes and Pharisees-using the word God to sentence her to death!

QUESTION

WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE SUBJECT.... THAT YOU ARE SO SURE OF THAT YOU WOULD BET ON IT?

Prince George, Canada

#455501 Jun 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>If man fears anything, his first reaction is kill it, then ask questions, it's not hard to instill fear into someone when you start when their young or when someone is really down on their luck and grasping at anything for hope, a deity that relies on attendance and good and bad deeds in order to be in his good graces or not, just doesn't add up, meaning there would have to be more to it, It's just to simple you go to church you pay a fee you go home your butt is saved for another week, until you go back and confess the same sins over an over again to make sure you make it to the promised land, my promised land is to be cremated an my ashes scatter over a beautiful lake up in moosehead,maine. It would be nice if heaven existed, that way I can keep watching my football games from up in the clouds, I wonder if it's ok to fish in heaven? If god is of pure love why do these religious groups constantly push fear upon people? and if he exists why doesn't he stop it??
I can just picture one of those Catholic gangsters coming in to the confessional after hanging someone up on a meat-hook on a wall, fresh from the kill, confessing his sin and asking that it be forgiven, and Jesus saying ... "No problem at all. You believe in ME BRO, and I'll wash all those sins away as though they never existed."

And pigs fly too!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455502 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Let me ask you this Preston: Rose read the Bible just like you. She has just as much authority as you to determine her faith.
Why are YOU right and she wrong? Why are YOU right and Confrint wrong? Why are YOU right and Pope Benedict - who is a brilliant theologian that Protestant scholars are in awe of too.
BTW, i recognize some sort of unholy alliance now between Confrinting with some of the word and you. Apparently yous set aside your differences to take on your common enemy. We all know you guys don't teach the same. You were quite viscous in your condemnation of the man before you guys shook hands.
authority doesnt enter into anything concerning the bible. it is Knowledge and she doesn't know up from down.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455503 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>HER EGG?
Here. You get a rush of Bible verse warfare so much....

Consider these verses about Mary

Gen 3:15 "I will put enmity between you and the woman, between her seed and yours"

Psalm 45:9 "Daughters of Kings are among your ladies of honor; at your right hand stands the Queen in gold of Ophir"

Rev 12: 13-16 "And the Dragon saw that he had been thrown down to earth, he pursued the Woman who had borne the male child. But the woman was given two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and a half a time. The Serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood. But the Earth came to the help of the woman, and the Earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from its mouth.
Then the Dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring; on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus"

Early Church:

Ignatius to the Ephesians 111 AD
"there is but one phycisian who is posessed both as flesh and spirit; both made and not made; God existing in the flesh; true life and death; both of Mary and of God; first possible then impossible, even Jesus Christ our Lord"

"He became man by the Virgin, in order that the disobedience that preceeded from the serpent might receive its destruction in the same manner in which it derived its origin....And by her has Christ been born; to whom we have proved so many scriptures refer amd by whom God destroys both the serpent and those angels and men who are like him"

Justin Martyr 155 AD

scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virgin_mary.htm...

Prince George, Canada

#455504 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WILL WIN YOUR BET AND GO THROUGH THE SEVEN YEARS OF TRIBULATION ON EARTH....
HOLY SMACKERS ... Jehovah HAS been giving you the real truth!!! But did he tell you where YOU will be in the hereafter? That's the part that I would find very interesting.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#455505 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we'll both be alive when certain supernatural events begin the Apocalypse. I will make a bet with you... The world will look to the Bishop of Rome to make sense of the chaos and to shepherd us through. They will not look to you and your leather highlighted Bible for guidance. You're just one of thousands of private popes who've attempted to take down the Catholic Church. You guys pass on, and the Catholic Church remains unscathed.
If you are looking to the Bishop of Rome for answers you are looking to the wrong person he hasn't any.
Jesus is the only answer; you need nothing else, nor no one else; He has already given you all you need.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455506 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok scripture tells us JESUS,woukd be a direct descendant of the very humankind David ..how.
If not through Mary
Joseph was his ADOPTED father and his line..JECONIAH ..could nit produce a blood relative of David ..GOD Said so.
And He was nit related by blood to Joseph anyway.
Only to His mother Mary.
Who was a direct descendant of King David
DID NOT MARY CALL HIM JESUS'S FATHER.

now let me introduce you to some Jewish facts.

when joseph and mary took him into the temple, Joseph spoke these words. "His name is Jesus". thereby assuring every person that was there that from henceforth, He was the legal father in all aspects of there new life together.

compared to me, you know nothing about jewish lifestyles and protocols
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455507 Jun 22, 2013
MY ANSWER TO YOUR FORMER POST WAS...
I will make a bet with you... The world will look to the Bishop of Rome to make sense of the chaos and to shepherd us through.
Yep... after the catching away of the bride of Christ...The Bishop of Rome and the ANTICHRIST WILL BE HERE....AND IN cHARGE
YOU NEVER RESPONDED TO IT
~~~~
SO YOU QUICKLY DIVERTED THE SUBJECT....TO
<quoted text>
QUESTION
WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE SUBJECT.... THAT YOU ARE SO SURE OF THAT YOU WOULD BET ON IT?
What subject? I said the world will look to Pope Francis for answers and not Preston and his highlighted Bible.

You chimed in that you'll be caught up in some rapture and wont be around blah blah cuz you are guaranteed salvation blah blah you are an authority on sacred scripture blah blah Catholics will be condemned and suffer during the tribulation while you and Preston look down with delight blah blah, every Cathlic on this forum will look at you guys while were are suffering with Pope Francis and then we'll know you guys were really prophets blah blah.

Go use your fire and brimstone crap on someone who'll buy it. You do not speak for the Word of God. You don't even know what the word of God is! If its only the written documentation, then you are short 7 Books dude!

Prince George, Canada

#455508 Jun 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="jethro8
he died in a Christian way, but was Jewish when he died.[/QUOTE]

Within the realm of religious theology, Jesus either followed Judaism, or he had converted to Catholicism before his death on the cross.

A Jew that is faithful to Judaism, does not follow the Catholic, Muslim OR Protestant religion.

You know it and I know it and we all know it ... don't we Christians???
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455509 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>authority doesnt enter into anything concerning the bible. it is Knowledge and she doesn't know up from down.
Why are your interpretations correct and Rose's are not? What authority should determine which one of you are speaking Biblical truth??
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455511 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU MADE THE STATEMENT THAT HE CHOSE HER BECAUSE OF HER FAITHFULNESS.
I would NEVER make some statement like that that I could not Prove. I don't post stupid thoughts and denigrate God in the process as you have done.
as far as the word surrogate. I doubt if you even know what it means and what it refers to.so here it is and look closely and see how closely it resembles the arrangement that God made with her.
Surrogacy is an arrangement(did not mary agree) in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person(God). The surrogate may be the child's genetic mother (called traditional surrogacy), or she may be genetically unrelated to the child (called gestational surrogacy(and mary was not related to Jesus, lol)
Now God is no relation to mary, but He and the Holy Ghost chose her, just as a couple would choose another woman to have a child for them. this concept is very easy to understand and believe with just a minute intelligence.
your ignorance due to your catholic upbringing prohibits you from knowing the truth
Preston:

You need to forget about modern biology, and learn more about the Trinity, if you desire a relationship with God.

Your view that the Father and Holy Spirit decided that Jesus would be born by surrogacy is a sort of Docetism. Keep it simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 841,139
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Epiphany2 612,268
What were you before you were born? (Dec '07) 11 min andet1987 105
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 12 min Voyeur 53,358
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min andet1987 5,933
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 34 min Naveen kumar 7,166
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 34 min Voyeur 24,098
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 3 hr Sheila 262
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr Tony17 100,176
More from around the web