Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#455632 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the truth, HoJo. you have been blinded to the truth.
It is blaspheme to even think God would bless an earthy church lead by a sinful man.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Read your Bible HoJo read your Bible all of it. sit at the knees of Jesus and learn His Holy Scriptures they are for you, and me and all man kind to learn who their Savior is .
The "blindness AND the deafness" comes from you LTM, as well as the rest of your other 42,000 divided and contradicting bible only Protestants..... The CHURCH, Jesus' One True Catholic Church was established and initiated over 2000 years ago "to save sinners", of which we ALL are! The CONDUCT of EVERYONE of the authors of the bible were professed sinners! Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said:"I am the worst of sinners". The issue here is teaching of the TRUTH OF DOCTRINE vs CONDUCT of the members in the Church..... Billions and billions of Catholics for over 2000 years ago as well as the 1.168 billion Catholics today, worship, proclaim and adhere to the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ (in and through) HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the DOCTRINE proclaiming the Word of God, in both the bible and in the sacred tradition handed down by Jesus Christ---NOT because of the ACTIONS and CONDUCT of some of its members who have gone astray..... YOU, LTM still don't seem to understand this because of your "own blindness" to the TRUTH!! If your going to judge religious organizations by the CONDUCT of its members then you had better "throw out your bible because (again) EVERY ONE OF ITS MEMBERS were ALSO sinners. This only show how duplitious, confused, and mixed up you bible only "fundies" have become in your contradicting, inconsistent and chaotic beliefs. Better termed, Protestant "editorialist" self-opinionated Christianity.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455633 Jun 23, 2013
Well someone has been busy with the emoticons ..Lol.

How can anyone argue about the pitfalls of temptation oh well
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the truth, HoJo. you have been blinded to the truth.
It is blaspheme to even think God would bless an earthy church lead by a .......... little flock,(WHICH IS PEOPLE) you boost about numbers, why does that matter, Jesus said
Matthew 7: 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Your catholic ch.......
Get the behind me satan, your day is almost over.
Hell awaits for satan and his angel and all who follow him.
Go away Hojo with you stupid lies, you have made the Pope your master he is the false prophet who promises you heaven, and is leading you to hell.
Mary is not God the Fathers Mother: the Holy Spirit did not have sex with Mary; a embryo was placed in her womb, as God form man out of the dust of the earth He also formed this embryo.
God is before time, how can Mary be His mother; The Holy Trinity , is Father, Son, Holy Spirit; 3 persons in one Holy God.
The Father, is not the Son, nor is the son the Holy Spirit,
the Father is a person, the son is a person The Holy Spirit is a person. Mary was the vessel by which (God the Son) entered the world in human flesh; and walked among us.
Jesus is fully human; which Mary gave born to and is the Mother of.
Jesus is fully God, which she is not Mother of; its impossible to be the Mother of a spirit which God is.
God the Father, is God the Sons first born, He is the word of God spoke into exists .
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Read your Bible HoJo read your Bible all of it. sit at the knees of Jesus and learn His Holy Scriptures they are for you, and me and all man kind to learn who their Savior is .
LTM

I too have studied the history of the CC..And know ungodly men have sat in St Peter's chair.

And not going into the whole Mary thing again.

We will find out this mystery,s truth when God. Wills, it.

Can you understand at all..any one..That Catholics especially us older folk. We're taught that it is those of us who are not Catholic in practice. Are the ones in error.

They believe the Reformers were heretics.

And this generation being brought up with actual bible study ..has no experience that this WAS NOT done a few decades ago.

And they do not believe the Church kept bibles. Away from the common people...feeling the truth only could come through the priests.

I feel that God used the Church for His purpose. And also used the REFORMERS at a time when bibles could be more easily available.

Everything in His time.

Lol neither side agrees. Thinking only one way exists..

But we serve an AWESOME GOD.

spreading the word of Our precious Saviuir is His will..No matter who does..........snipped....e Saved souls in every denomination..since this is the work of each heart responding to the Call of the Spirit.

Only our Lord. Knows our hearts. And who does or does not have a relationship with Him

:)

And if this be true..That Jesus alone saves..We cannot reminisce the heart of another..imo

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#455634 Jun 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>When you state "we" you need to post a disclaimer I reckon...we are not all that mentally deficient.
I reckon those of us who study history are more often than not also re-lying on words written by other liars.

Stories are usually embellished by the tellers of the tales.

As one Native-Indian chief stated many years ago ... "The white man wrote all the stories, and the white man told many lies."

In religion we read or hear that the deities worshipped by the ancients were false, but this new model of a god is real.

How funny is THAT???

Delta, Canada

#455635 Jun 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God forbids me to give to you what is Holy...
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
This scripture is a favorite that Christians use against each other while they are busy preaching LOVE.

Hilarious stuff.

Delta, Canada

#455636 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I too have studied the history of the CC..And know ungodly men have sat in St Peter's chair.
What (from your expert opinion) IS godly???

:)

Delta, Canada

#455637 Jun 23, 2013
Is this an example of being "godly?"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Sex Lives of the Popes … by Nigel Cawthorne … first published in Great Britain in 1996.‘An irreverent expose’—The Sunday Times.

Clement VI began a period of unbridled luxury. He bought in forty different types of gold cloth from Syria, silk from Tuscany and fine linen from Rheims, Paris and Flanders. Fur was considered a luxury and was restricted to knights, pages, squires, gentlemen of the bedchamber and ladies of the court. Nevertheless Clement VI used up 1080 ermine pelts – 68 for a hood, 430 for a cape, 310 for a mantle, 150 more for two more hoods, 64 for yet another hood, 30 for a hat, 80 for a large hood and 88 for birettas or papal capes.

Delta, Canada

#455638 Jun 23, 2013
This honored Catholic theologian was nothing but a plagiarizer of another author's ideas. And if Aristotle was in touch with a god, it was NOT the same god as that bragged about by the Christians.

Silly stuff indeed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Thomas Aquinas

He became a professor at the University of Naples, where he based his teaching of Christian doctrine of the philosophy of Aristotle.

Delta, Canada

#455639 Jun 23, 2013
Averroes, perhaps the most famous of all Arab philosophers, attempted to create a synthesis of Islamic theology and Aristotelian rationalism. Maimonides, the most influential of medieval Jewish thinkers, achieved a similar synthesis for Judaism. But the most celebrated such work was the great Summa Theologica of the Christian scholar, St. Thomas Aquinas. Far too many medieval scholars were deeply influenced by Aristotle to list them all.

Admiration for Aristotle became so great in late medieval times it approached idolatry, and his writings became a kind of intellectual straight jacket, inhibiting further inquiry, rather than a lamp to light the way.

http://www.adherents.com/people/pa/Aristotle....
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455640 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much I Ibookmarked it..have heard of him
I like Dr Stanley myself..And sadly have not read enough ..So this link is aporeciated.
So what I read here is so appropriate !! In light of how I was arguing to be right .on one of His mysteries..
.God is very merciful
And as to your post ..We can all become half baked cookies:)
Anything even a forum can used as temptation to not walk in His ways!!
http://www.intouch.org/Magazine/DailyDevotion...
Times of Temptation
00:0001:40
Saturday, June 22, 2013
1 Corinthians 10:6-13
Scripture teaches that at times we’ll all be tempted to act in ways contrary to God’s commands. Our circumstances are not unique to us; others have faced similar situations. Yesterday, we learned an acrostic to help us resist enticement: we can put a “halt” to letting ourselves be too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. That is, we are wise to eat regularly, experience the peace God offers, stay in fellowship with others, and get enough rest.
But where does the urge to sin come from? Sources of temptation can be the world we live in, the Devil, or something within ourselves. The world wants us to join in on its sensual, selfish pursuits. Satan wants to turn us away from God. And our self-focused “flesh” nature wants us to be in control, not the Lord.
Does God ever tempt us? No, according to James 1:13. Our Father doesn’t want us to do evil; He will, however, test us to reveal to you and me our motives and attitudes. He also uses times of testing to mature us and transform us into Christ’s likeness. His work is always for our good.
Remember, it is not sinful to experience temptation. Feeling tempted is not the same as committing a sin. Jesus Himself was tempted by the Devil at a time of great weariness and physical need, after spending 40 days in the desert without food. Do not judge yourself harshly when you feel enticed toward ungodliness. Only when we act upon the enticement do we cross the line into sin.
The Lord knows exactly how to rescue every one of us from the temptations that we encounter. The question is, How good are you at responding to His direction
Wow I think your post hit on every issue we have encountered on this forum.
My husband before he gave himself to God, once asked me where is your faith, needless to say I was acting in self righteous way coming across as a self righteous brat.
Like you said wanting to be right, I wasn't acting very godly.
God works in all of us different because we are all different; not one of us are the same, when we stop acting like the Holy Spirit , and get out of Gods way, His love will flow through the body of Christ.
I had a blind friend a dear sister in the Lord, she saw what I couldn't see in my husband, a dear gentle man, even when he wasn't saved he gave of himself on a daily bases, I was trying to get him to do it my way and not Gods way.
When he said to me where is your faith it was like a spiritual hand came down a slapped me in the mouth.
I asked God what I was suppose to do with an unsaved husband .
I heard God in my spirit: "love him for who he is" I stopped trying to change my husband into who I thought he should be.
We have been together 42 years, My blind friend was right he is a dear loving husband gentle and still helping everyone.
I thank God every day for Him.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455641 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Averroes, perhaps the most famous of all Arab philosophers, attempted to create a synthesis of Islamic theology and Aristotelian rationalism. Maimonides, the most influential of medieval Jewish thinkers, achieved a similar synthesis for Judaism. But the most celebrated such work was the great Summa Theologica of the Christian scholar, St. Thomas Aquinas. Far too many medieval scholars were deeply influenced by Aristotle to list them all.
Admiration for Aristotle became so great in late medieval times it approached idolatry, and his writings became a kind of intellectual straight jacket, inhibiting further inquiry, rather than a lamp to light the way.
http://www.adherents.com/people/pa/Aristotle....
You shouldn't be trying to turn people away from God June, you are doing exactly what you are accusing Christian for doing.
You are entitled to believe what you want; we believe in God how is that hurting you.
No one asked you to come on here;; your hereon your own accord knowing we talk about God here; we maybe of different faiths and disagree on a lot of doctrine.
So what, your telling me there is no God;; prove it. Prove to me without a doubt there is no God.
To me and all who believe in an amazing God you can't never will.

Matthew 13:1-23

King James Version (KJV)

13 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF THESE

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

NOW STOP LETTING SATAN USE YOU ON HERE , HE HAS YOU BY THE TAIL AND IS TURNING EVERY WAY BUT LOOSE.
YOUR NOT THE FIRST ONE .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455642 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I think your post hit on every issue we have encountered on this forum.
My husband before he gave himself to God, once asked me where is your faith, needless to say I was acting in self righteous way coming across as a self righteous brat.
Like you said wanting to be right, I wasn't acting very godly.
God works in all of us different because we are all different; not one of us are the same, when we stop acting like the Holy Spirit , and get out of Gods way, His love will flow through the body of Christ.
I had a blind friend a dear sister in the Lord, she saw what I couldn't see in my husband, a dear gentle man, even when he wasn't saved he gave of himself on a daily bases, I was trying to get him to do it my way and not Gods way.
When he said to me where is your faith it was like a spiritual hand came down a slapped me in the mouth.
I asked God what I was suppose to do with an unsaved husband .
I heard God in my spirit: "love him for who he is" I stopped trying to change my husband into who I thought he should be.
We have been together 42 years, My blind friend was right he is a dear loving husband gentle and still helping everyone.
I thank God every day for Him.
You have no idea how much your words mean to me.today.

Talk about a God moment

Thank you so much

We serve an Amazing God..Is all I can say through my tears.

And the last 2 days,I have been guilty of that being RIGHT thing.
Myself ..

DR. Stanley's sermon about the God Sized hole in our hearts is one of the many things the Spirit put in my path to bring me to Jesus..It's why I love his preaching :)
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455643 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont imply that I got any "secret" info about Christ. it is common sense that should be available to anyone that knows even a little bit about the "birds and the bees". if we believe(and I do) that Jesus was fully human and fully God, then we have to eliminate any part of mary producing a egg for God to inseminate as far as sex is concerned. now look closely and learn. if her egg is contributed, then Jesus becomes half man. God isn't going to have sex with amry for one reason, he is spirit and she is flesh.
look at what Jesus said about men and women who enter into Heaven, they are spirit and don't enter into Marriage, so if it is not done in Heaven, why would it be done down here?
if moses could not look on God, how could she enter into a sexual relationship with HIM. the answer is obvious, she CANT!
however my concept of her being a surrogagte mother, implanted with a embryo that grows and attaches itself to her womb, taking on all limbs, heart, and lungs as it grows into a baby
Preston:

Again, your theory that God created an embryo and implanted it by explaining with modern medical procedures falls short. And it goes to the basic necessity of Jesus being a human being, in the lineage(LINEAGE!) of humanity.

You disconnect humanity from Jesus when you say that God created an egg and put it in Mary.

The main problem is that it makes no sense. Why would there be extensive genealogy in the Bible, especially in Matthew to show Jesus' human heritage? And why would it be the seed of a woman in Genesis(3:15)? And why would it be the fruit of David to sit upon the throne(Psalm 132:11)?

You are saying that Jesus was not born of the lineage of Adam, of the SEED of a woman, of the seed of David. You are saying God created some other human being and put it into Mary. You are directly contradicting scripture, based on your beliefs.

You are promoting a basic heresy contrary to the teachings of the Bible. It just has a modern twist because of modern biology. The basic heresy questions the humanity of Jesus. Most early heresies were involved in this area. Again you have a modern twist.

God created one set of parents for the human race, and not a second or third, or created some later on and put them in time to reseed humanity. Jesus was fully human of the seed of woman, of the fruit of David's body.

Delta, Canada

#455644 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be trying to turn people away from God June
Allah and all the Muslims agree with you on that statement. They just don't agree on who Allah (the word Allah meaning God) favors.

Isn't religion fun ... when it's your own baby nurtured by you and only you???

Silly people!

Delta, Canada

#455645 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We serve an Amazing God..
But is there a god that serves you, just because you believe that is the case???

That is a question you refuse to ask of your self-perceived "favored" self.
youtube

AOL

#455646 Jun 23, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Delta, Canada

#455647 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Again, your theory that God created an embryo and implanted it by explaining with modern medical procedures falls short. And it goes to the basic necessity of Jesus being a human being, in the lineage(LINEAGE!) of humanity.
You disconnect humanity from Jesus when you say that God created an egg and put it in Mary.
The main problem is that it makes no sense..
If you dig even deeper, you will see how silly it is to believe that a god impregnated a woman on earth so that the god could get his message through to the people.

If the god would tell every human on earth via telepathy that at a certain time for five minutes he will make all the universe dark and then turn the lights back on ... we would all know that he exists and means business.

But the only people that seem to receive messages from a god or gods don't agree on the messages, and in turn they wrote stupid nonsense in books that caused and to this cause the ignorant humans to fight over who is a favorite of the god or gods.

You will see, but only when you stop being silly and stop believing that you are more special to a god than not only other forms of life, but of other humans.

Ridiculous!!!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455648 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But is there a god that serves you, just because you believe that is the case???
That is a question you refuse to ask of your self-perceived "favored" self.
June

That is a double loaded question. How could anyone answer it?

Let me try. Hmmm.

One comes to believe, due to trusting in Truth. If Truth serves by exposing falsehood, then there is God.

Not so hard as I thought.

Delta, Canada

#455649 Jun 23, 2013
It was probably just a story made up to entertain, but if it was based on fact ... from my perception the words from the boy ought to have moved Augustine out of his religion to in turn stop writing such foolishness as though what he wrote was based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

St. Augustine

One episode of his life has been frequently represented. The story is that, while walking along the seashore, St. Augustine came upon a small boy who was apparently trying to empty the entire ocean into a hole in the sand. The saint remarked to the youngster that he was seemingly attempting the impossible. To this the boy replied,‘No more so than for thee to explain the mysteries on which thou art meditating.’

Delta, Canada

#455650 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
That is a double loaded question. How could anyone answer it?
Let me try. Hmmm.
One comes to believe, due to trusting in Truth. If Truth serves by exposing falsehood, then there is God.
Not so hard as I thought.
So, when the Muslims believe THEIR theologians are preaching truth, do you believe what they believe IS true???

If not ... WHY not???

The answer IS, because they were indoctrinated by Islam and you were indoctrinated by Catholicism.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455651 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dig even deeper, you will see how silly it is to believe that a god impregnated a woman on earth so that the god could get his message through to the people.
If the god would tell every human on earth via telepathy that at a certain time for five minutes he will make all the universe dark and then turn the lights back on ... we would all know that he exists and means business.
But the only people that seem to receive messages from a god or gods don't agree on the messages, and in turn they wrote stupid nonsense in books that caused and to this cause the ignorant humans to fight over who is a favorite of the god or gods.
You will see, but only when you stop being silly and stop believing that you are more special to a god than not only other forms of life, but of other humans.
Ridiculous!!!
June

God has already turned the lights off, and those in the dark are wandering around in their "progressive" mazes.

Here is the point, God created the Universe to operate in space and time. He can interfere in this operation. But imposing Himself on others is not His Way. Rather learning obedience, to be obedient to love, is our best solution, and that's when the light goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min River Tam 445,845
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 56 min River Tam 2,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Jake999 46,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 119,382
News Pieces of pig placed on plot of future mosque i... 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate (Nov '09) 4 hr falsefaiths 11,286
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 2,228
More from around the web