Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455606 Jun 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was here back then. Much more believable when watching his miracles. Many did not believe when they first heard. It wasnt until Jesus was older and began his ministry they believed and were converted.
You should watch Copperfield make a "jet" disappear.
I don't doubt that Jesus existed, but the "miracles" is another story...and so are the bible accounts.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455607 Jun 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, I have forgotten the Roman Catholic church.
rosesz said, quote, "He had to have DNA from David and Adam to be the Son of man ..And no sex involved either" End quote.
Please read your Bible. I Corinthians 15:45–49, 45 "Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven."
Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. 16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. 17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. 18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. 19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous."
rosesz said, quote, "This is so easy to understand ..I don't get the confusion." End quote.
Easy to understand? Please explain how Mary became pregnant as a virgin by the Holy Spirit? Easy to understand? Let's hear it.
If Jesus had the DNA of Mary He would have been from the first Adam and not a perfect sacrifice because the Bible tells us what?
I Corinthians 15:22, "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."
I t is simple.
The SEED of the woman is Mary's seed..
Jesus was human .He had to BE A SON OF ADAM but perfect in that He was the Son of God..the only possible HUMAN sacrifice.
He also had to be the descendant of David ..through Mary He was.
The Holy.Spirit was joined in her SEED..No sex as was involved..as someone here said ..That is blasphemous..She was a virgin .
No carnal knowledge.
He was wholly human thru her.
Wholly God through the Spirit
SHE was His MOTHER as it says in the bible she was.
A mystery of Faith surely but easy to understand if we believe in an all powerful God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455608 Jun 22, 2013
Koine Greek
4th century B.C. to A.D. 4th century, the language of the New Testament and Septuagint, which spread during the Hellenistic era throughout the empire of Alexander the Great. Koine was based on the classical Attic Greek modified by Alexander's soldiers's dialects [Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament, by Daniel B. Wallace; 1997]. The language was simplified and made more explicit to meet the needs of a universal language.

---
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon

Grace: Strong's Number: 5485 Charis

----------

Burton Scott Easton,“Grace,” in The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, vol. 2 (Chicago: Howard-Severance Co., 1930), pp. 1290-92.

1. The
Word
Charis

In the English New Testament the word “grace” is always a translation of &#967;&#945;&#961; &#953;&#962; (charis),

----------

Holman Bible Dictionary
Grace

For Christians, the word “grace” is virtually synonymous with the gospel of God's gift of unmerited salvation in Jesus Christ. To express this, the New Testament writers used the Greek word charis , which had a long previous history in secular Greek.
----------
EXPLORING CHRISTIANITY - EYEWITNESS

The emphasis on grace in the New Testament

Before looking at the meaning of grace it would be worthwhile noting the emphasis that is put upon it in the New Testament. The Greek word for grace, charis, occurs 154 times
----------

Location hidden

#455609 Jun 22, 2013
Whadda bout it Dan...willing to learn...talk to me!!!!

Thanks...I found those listed....What I posted, evidently was sort of a recap of what is later gone into detail...

But...I am having a difficulty with the first paragraph under that heading...

Theologians distinguish a twofold necessity, which they call a necessity of means (medii) and a necessity of precept (præcepti). The first (medii) indicates a thing to be so necessary that, if lacking (though inculpably), salvation can not be attained.

I can see, by their thinking, where Joh 3:5, and Mt 28:18-19, supports it.

The second (præcepti) is had when a thing is indeed so necessary that it may not be omitted voluntarily without sin; yet, ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.

What Scripture teaches: ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455610 Jun 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Koine Greek
4th century B.C. to A.D. 4th century, the language of the New Testament and Septuagint, which spread during the Hellenistic era throughout the empire of Alexander the Great. Koine was based on the classical Attic Greek modified by Alexander's soldiers's dialects [Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament, by Daniel B. Wallace; 1997]. The language was simplified and made more explicit to meet the needs of a universal language.
---
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Grace: Strong's Number: 5485 Charis
----------
Burton Scott Easton,“Grace,” in The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, vol. 2 (Chicago: Howard-Severance Co., 1930), pp. 1290-92.
1. The
Word
Charis
In the English New Testament the word “grace” is always a translation of &#967;&#945;&#961; &#953;&#962; (charis),
----------
Holman Bible Dictionary
Grace
For Christians, the word “grace” is virtually synonymous with the gospel of God's gift of unmerited salvation in Jesus Christ. To express this, the New Testament writers used the Greek word charis , which had a long previous history in secular Greek.
----------
EXPLORING CHRISTIANITY - EYEWITNESS
The emphasis on grace in the New Testament
Before looking at the meaning of grace it would be worthwhile noting the emphasis that is put upon it in the New Testament. The Greek word for grace, charis, occurs 154 times
----------
Jesus spoke Aramaic and Syriac dialect. The "original" writers in his immediate surroundings would have written in these familiar language(s).
Where are these writings?
Everything you have is of a later date, or an area far removed from immediacy(contemporary), making them inaccurate renderings(to say the least). Did you ever wonder why? Do you understand what "redaction" is. Your bible is elaborated to the point it is almost purely "fable".

Location hidden

#455611 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I t is simple.
The SEED of the woman is Mary's seed..
Jesus was human .He had to BE A SON OF ADAM but perfect in that He was the Son of God..the only possible HUMAN sacrifice.
He also had to be the descendant of David ..through Mary He was.
The Holy.Spirit was joined in her SEED..No sex as was involved..as someone here said ..That is blasphemous..She was a virgin .
No carnal knowledge.
He was wholly human thru her.
Wholly God through the Spirit
SHE was His MOTHER as it says in the bible she was.
A mystery of Faith surely but easy to understand if we believe in an all powerful God.
"Wholly God through the Spirit"...You are saying Christ was God....that is not so.....where are you getting this trash?????

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#455612 Jun 22, 2013
Gum Chum????
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455613 Jun 22, 2013
i sleep perfectly like many night and days not..i don't feel that sweet dream..this night yes..
very please..when i open my eyes..oh i say..my mind=eye yep pure and clear blue..rosary working

Sweet Jesus you are for us!
He love us!
-love your Mother and Father
da ti dobro bude na zemlji..

He come fulfill law..
Jesus Christ name above all.

Location hidden

#455614 Jun 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke Aramaic and Syriac dialect. The "original" writers in his immediate surroundings would have written in these familiar language(s).
Where are these writings?
Everything you have is of a later date, or an area far removed from immediacy(contemporary), making them inaccurate renderings(to say the least). Did you ever wonder why? Do you understand what "redaction" is. Your bible is elaborated to the point it is almost purely "fable".
The Word of God forbids me to give to you what is Holy...

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455615 Jun 22, 2013
Jesus is Son of God..
If you say deference..i don't believe you..i been teach like that i will died like that=Jesus Christ is
Son of God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#455616 Jun 22, 2013
2 Cor 5:12
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455617 Jun 23, 2013
did you sold your soul..how much for few coins..few silver..or what..
silly dance on moon and stars

What represent day ..what represent night?
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455618 Jun 23, 2013
disco
di=id id di..
who will control you
ocessidid hoces sidit
hoces se idit=ljutit Mr or Mrs Paprika
o well they can call you prija or prika=its friendly call for friends..which one..o ..did they are..maybe all gone on wrong path..why=silly night=luda noc
Vatican

Philippines

#455619 Jun 23, 2013
The Vatican is someone else's throne room and palace.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455620 Jun 23, 2013
wind=3000 years old altar somewhere in india..
did represent your god..wirpulovici
wir or wirpule like horn hu hu hu

now
horn is not God
wind ..whats that mean..
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#455621 Jun 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
No denomination will get anyone into heaven
Have you heard of this group ..spread the word by discipleship and scripture while hiding from the Church and Emperor..very.old history
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
When you have time..3 videos are on YouTube. Not sure which period this one encompassed.
The Catholic Church is NOT denomination! It NEVER has been one! It is the Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH established, formed and initiated by Jesus HIMSELF.(Matthew 16:13-21) Men such as Luther, Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, and the hundreds of "prodigal son" rebellious and defiant reformists,(since the Reformation) founded denominations. This forum is "inundated" by other man-made, bible only, self-interpreting reformist preachers---(self-appointed and self proclaimed) bible ministers that continue to splinter, fracture and divide the Body of Christ and the Body of Believers. Paul confirms (in I Timothy 3:15) that the CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, "not" 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (bible only Protestant denominations of "relative truth" (what each person or denomination decide as truth! AND that ONE and ONLY TRUTH is in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church which has existed since the time of Christ, over 2000 years ago. The BRIDE---JESUS' BRIDE--The (ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH)!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455622 Jun 23, 2013
Bible Verse of the Day

7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (KJV)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455623 Jun 23, 2013
Sunday, June 23, 2013

This Morning's Meditation

C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"Ephraim is a cake not turned."—Hosea 7:8.

cake not turned is uncooked on one side; and so Ephraim was, in many respects, untouched by divine grace: though there was some partial obedience, there was very much rebellion left. My soul, I charge thee, see whether this be thy case. Art thou thorough in the things of God? Has grace gone through the very centre of thy being so as to be felt in its divine operations in all thy powers, thy actions, thy words, and thy thoughts? To be sanctified, spirit, soul, and body, should be thine aim and prayer; and although sanctification may not be perfect in thee anywhere in degree, yet it must be universal in its action; there must not be the appearance of holiness in one place and reigning sin in another, else thou, too, wilt be a cake not turned.
A cake not turned is soon burnt on the side nearest the fire, and although no man can have too much religion, there are some who seem burnt black with bigoted zeal for that part of truth which they have received, or are charred to a cinder with a vainglorious Pharisaic ostentation of those religious performances which suit their humour. The assumed appearance of superior sanctity frequently accompanies a total absence of all vital godliness. The saint in public is a devil in private. He deals in flour by day and in soot by night. The cake which is burned on one side, is dough on the other.
If it be so with me, O Lord, turn me! Turn my unsanctified nature to the fire of Thy love and let it feel the sacred glow, and let my burnt side cool a little while I learn my own weakness and want of heat when I am removed from Thy heavenly flame. Let me not be found a double-minded man, but one entirely under the powerful influence of reigning grace; for well I know if I am left like a cake unturned, and am not on both sides the subject of Thy grace, I must be consumed for ever amid everlasting burnings.
headlinesPhotos

AOL

#455624 Jun 23, 2013

FALSE PROPHET & Mark of Beast -- In Plain View

http://youtu.be/j5gGtsNTTUo

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455625 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
Sunday, June 23, 2013
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon
----------
"Ephraim is a cake not turned."—Hosea 7:8.
cake not turned is uncooked on one side; and so Ephraim was, in many respects, untouched by divine grace: though there was some partial obedience, there was very much rebellion left. My soul, I charge thee, see whether this be thy case. Art thou thorough in the things of God? Has grace gone through the very centre of thy being so as to be felt in its divine operations in all thy powers, thy actions, thy words, and thy thoughts? To be sanctified, spirit, soul, and body, should be thine aim and prayer; and although sanctification may not be perfect in thee anywhere in degree, yet it must be universal in its action; there must not be the appearance of holiness in one place and reigning sin in another, else thou, too, wilt be a cake not turned.
A cake not turned is soon burnt on the side nearest the fire, and although no man can have too much religion, there are some who seem burnt black with bigoted zeal for that part of truth which they have received, or are charred to a cinder with a vainglorious Pharisaic ostentation of those religious performances which suit their humour. The assumed appearance of superior sanctity frequently accompanies a total absence of all vital godliness. The saint in public is a devil in private. He deals in flour by day and in soot by night. The cake which is burned on one side, is dough on the other.
If it be so with me, O Lord, turn me! Turn my unsanctified nature to the fire of Thy love and let it feel the sacred glow, and let my burnt side cool a little while I learn my own weakness and want of heat when I am removed from Thy heavenly flame. Let me not be found a double-minded man, but one entirely under the powerful influence of reigning grace; for well I know if I am left like a cake unturned, and am not on both sides the subject of Thy grace, I must be consumed for ever amid everlasting burnings.
Wow
Thanks fir that LTM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Urgent Message: Dangers Of The Pokemon Game 54 min btw 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min PELE78 56,506
still a Virgin at 45 I'm a male 1 hr Steve 1
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 2 hr Johnny21 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr River Tam 971,903
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Demon Finder 18,667
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 45,018
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 183,001
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web