Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,141 - 439,160 of 537,010 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
All I can say is....OUCH!!!....that will leave a mark...or two....or three....
BAAAAAA for now!
By the way, that is not my poem. I heard that many years ago ... so to me the author is unknown.

Mary had a little sheep
And with the sheep she went to sleep
The sheep turned out to be ram
And Mary had a little lamb

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

lets look at the words of Mark.

Then looking round about at those who sat around him, he said, Look, here are my mother and my brothers!(35) Whoever shall do God’s will, that person is my brother, and sister, and mother.(Mark 3:34-35)

these are people who heard Him preach.

now lets look at mary and his family.

Then Jesus entered a house,(20) and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat.(21) When his family heard about this, they went to get him; for they said, He has lost his senses.(Mark 3:19-21).

I am glad that in the end, she got saved.

and that His half brothers finally believed in Him and gave their(did I get it right, lol) life to him and allowed Him to use them
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your favorite scriptures to you are comparable to a sucky-toy to a baby!
So indoctrinated are you, you don't know HOW to converse by using your own words.
And that! laides and gentelmen is called 'hipoisie'

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

<quoted text>
All I can say is....OUCH!!!....that will leave a mark...or two....or three....
BAAAAAA for now!
I found it ... kinda. These are twisted versions of Mary had a little lamb.

http://www.joke-archives.com/poetry/mary.html

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You better tell the Angel Gabriel he got the message wrong....lol.
oh, he got it right, your church has lied and gave her credit that the Bible doesn't.

Mary never even seen Him after He died and was Resurrected but the other Mary Magdalena did.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Not only that, why does "God" have to ask the question, "Where's Abel?" to Cain, if "God" is omniscient?
It just doesn't add up.
In theology nothing adds up to common sense, and that is because ignorant men wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote some more to satiate their own greed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You better tell the Angel Gabriel he got the message wrong....lol.
here is what the angel said to mary.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

any student of the bible knows that only God can give the Holy Ghost to a person, so the angel could not and did not fill her with the Holy Ghost since Jesus had not died yet. lol@U.

sure wish you were intelligent enough to discuss the Bible

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Then WHY were Jesus and the Apostles, and all other Christians baptized as adults...AFTER they were committed to Him?
Only Catholic infants seem to need baptism as babies?
KayMarie
So finally you are admitting that you believe Jesus and the apostles and all the other CHRISTIANS were baptized.

You see how you now admit that all this time you believed Jesus was a Christian before he was crucified???

You can only lie so long before the lies catch up to you!

By believing that Jesus betrayed his own Jews, you have called him a TRAITOR to Judaism. AND yet you are certain he is lusting to save you.

What a shame that if he lives, he might kick you under the bus, where you belong!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
One is not saved by faith, or faith and works. One is saved by God's Grace.
Would that be the "god" that favors Jews, Catholics, Muslims or Protestants?

You have to explain the god's intentions, as he can't seem to make up his own mind, being that everybody who is anybody speaks FOR him and pulls him in all directions.

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to bicker over trivial things, and ignore the all important issues.
Gives new meaning to the old saying-"ignorance is bliss".
I prefer the following poem by Victor Segno

“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

who="wilderide"
But if God knows your fate, then free will is impossible.
And if Original Sin exists, then I certainly have no choice about that.

God knows everything. It is STILL up to us to choose.
Jesus gave you a choice about sin (original or otherwise). He made a way of escape for us.

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but according to the Bible, she received the Holy Ghost after the 50th Day.
if it was possible(and it wasn't and isn't) then she was a backslider, when she was conceived(LOL), and after she was filled with His Embryo. and no OSAS'er would agree with you on that.
plain and simple, Anthony, you are an ignorant idiot. and hermi doesn't know the real you YET, but they will catch on just as they did with reggie.lol.
as for me, I already have, 36 hours after I was saved. God didn't have me wait as long as it took for Mary
Sounds like you put yourself equal to Mary, the Mother Our Lord?
I think you've crossed a line Preston. Perhaps once and for all you should provide scripture where Christ Our Lord says everything about His Mother is documented in writing. Do you think you can do that for us?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

The Roman Catholics on this forum are prolific liars and it has been proven. Please read the following posts.

Post #455014 by Cly
First and foremost, Old Jay Gee, you are no authority on Our Lords Ministry; you do not get to dictate the Bible.
Infant Baptism is the initiation into Christianity. This came from the Apostles as evident by the writings of their Disciples which you ignore, because you have to.
The idea is for the two parents to raise their children in the covenant of marriage, starting with Baptism; the new circumcision. The Baptized child is a member of the Church.
I'm sorry old Jay gee, your new and strange opinion on Baptism started in the 20th century. Its not what the Apostles taught.

Cly tells us the apostles taught infant baptism as described in his post #455014 listed above.

My response to Cly's post #455014 is post #455031

Post #455031 by OldJG
WOW Cly, the apostles sure lived a long time if they performed "infant baptisms" in 370. Gosh Cly, isn't that about the time Emperor Constantine created the Roman Catholic church? Oops, you knew that already, right?

In church history there is no record of infant baptism until the year 370. And how did it come about? It resulted from the doctrine of baptismal regeneration, the teaching that baptism is essential to salvation. It was natural for those holding this teaching to believe that everybody should be baptized as soon as possible, and so baptism of unconscious infants came into vogue among many of the churches. These two grievous errors, baptismal regeneration and infant baptism, according to reliable historians, have caused more bloodshed and persecution than all other errors combined.

Cly's response to my post #455031 is post #455037

Post #455037 by Cly
If I prove you in error, will you acknowledge it? Of course not, so why would I bother.
Infant Baptism was recorded much earlier than Constantine.
I want to say it was Martyr or Iraneus around the 200 AD. I don't remember exactly.
Like I said, you'll disregard it anyway.

Post #455044 by AnthonyMN

"For He came to save all through means of Himself--all, I say, who through Him are born again to God--infants, and children, and boys, and youths, and old men." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 2,22:4 (A.D. 180).

Post #455059 by OldJG

"For He came to save all through means of Himself--all, I say, who through Him are born again to God--infants, and children, and boys, and youths, and old men." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 2,22:4 (A.D. 180).

In the initial post by Cly he tells us the apostles taught infant baptism. I disagreed and provided a date for the first recorded infant baptism which was 370 AD. I knew this was incorrect and it did not take long for AnthonyMN to provide an extensive list of baptisms by date. My next post was a quote from AnthonyMN's post.

This is the point. If the apostles taught infant baptism why wasn't the first recorded infant baptism 34-36 AD? The first recorded infant baptism was roughly 180-220 AD. If the apostles taught infant baptism why did it take over 150 years to record the event? Why? Because infant baptism is a lie from hell and never was taught by the apostles. In fact, all thru this discussion not one ROMAN Catholic corrected Cly's statement regarding infant baptism by the apostles. When one of the little Roman people tells a lie the silence of the other liars is deafening.

Thank your ROMAN CATHOLICS for proving infant baptism is not Biblical. I could not have done it without you. LOL LOL LOL LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

who="wilderide"
After the fact. I don't think it's terribly moral to impregnate a women without her prior consent.

It was not 'after the fact'. She asked how that could happen and Gabriel explained that the Holy Ghost WOULD visit her...THEN she gave her permission.

The Holy Ghost still puts life in mankind today. It is called, "the baptism of the Holy Ghost".

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've crossed a line Preston. Perhaps once and for all you should provide scripture where Christ Our Lord says everything about His Mother is documented in writing. Do you think you can do that for us?
Hey little Roman Cly, provide Scripture where Christ My Lord ever called Mary.....mother. Ever!! I believe you will find Jesus calls her "woman".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
I would suggest that we have far more respect for Sacred Scripture than protestants.

Not from what I read on here.
KM
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it be after the Pentecost..they were.all in the room
I honestly have no idea why you think He grants you favor above his mother..
Odd reading on scripture imo
You're witnessing the recklessness of Scripture alone.
This man claims he's called by God to preach Christianity. And everything about Christianity is found in the written Books that made it into the bible. Everything the Apostles orally communicated doesn't matter. Only what was documented matters.
Ask Him where Christ instructed this concept?
Rose, Preston isn't too far removed in theology from your Pastor. But he is probably more vocal. These guys preach a false faith. You must see it by now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
why should I provide something that is not essential for the growth of our Christian growth.

I made a true statement. I was filled with the Holy Ghost 36 hours after I was saved. Mary was filled with the Holy Ghost on the 50th day

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>read the Bible and find out for yourself as to when Mary received the Holy Ghost. john chapter 20 says that Jesus breathed on all but Thomas. In fact, we can not find any evidence in the Bible that Mary ever saw her son again after the time at the Cross. so it seems that she was not what the catholics make her out to be.
What Happened to Mary After Jesus?
This week's question comes from Susan D. She asks, "What happened to Mary after Jesus' death?" Although she doesn't specify which Mary, we'll assume she's asking about Mary the mother of Jesus.
With the exception of Jesus' birth, Mary plays a rather minor role in the four Gospels.
She is portrayed rather negatively in Mark and Matthew(wonder why they felt that way against her), quite positively in Luke and John treats her neutrally.
In Mark's gospel Mary and her family are shown coming for her son because she seems to think he is deranged (Mark 3.19-21). John retells the account where Mary seems to force Jesus' hand at a wedding in Cana where he performs his first recorded miracle (John 2.1-5). After these events, Mary is seen only a couple more times in the Gospels, the last time being when Jesus is dying on the cross and asks his disciple John to care for his mother (John 19.25-27).
After Jesus' death we find Mary mentioned only one more time. The book of Acts says that she joined the other disciples in an upper room for prayer on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 1.14). After that, Mary the Mother of Jesus disappears from scripture. The assumption of most biblical scholars is that she lived out her life in the company of the disciples and eventually died of old age.
http://www.hcna.us/columns/mary.html
And you just said she was in the upper room at Pentecost ....So you think the Spirit skipped over her..

Your view on Mary ..I just don't get it.

GOD bless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
BECAUSE YOU ARE BASING YOUR ENTIRE IMAGE OF MARY ON WHAT WAS DOCUMENTED IN THE NT. THEREFORE, I SUGGEST YOU FIRST DEMONSTRATE THAT CHRIST COMMANDED EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS MOTHER AND HIS MINISTRY IS DOCUMENTED IN THE LETTERS AND MEMOIRS OF HALF OF HIS 12 APOSTLES!!
Prove Sola scripture Preston or you guys are hosed. I shout in all Caps too.
~~~

You wrote

"you guys are hosed."

Just what do yo mean by the above remark?

Question

what does you use of the word "hosed" supposed to mean...

Is it some kind of ritual that Catholics do?

I am not familiar with the word hosed..

Is it the way you Catholics baptise...

The Mormons baptized (years ago) in New York sports arena by using a

fire hose...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Double Fine 729,918
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Strength and Honor 172,897
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Insults Are Easier 259,159
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Holy dr Shrink 599,524
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min 1859Petesake 117,771
Mark Cuban has just been de-throned as 'Loudest... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Patrick 225,615
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr Marvinhany 74

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••