Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#455190 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>all that I have said has went RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD.
I have proved that Mary was not sinless as the catholic infer, that she was mortal and she made mistakes.
if you infer more than that, you are as ignorant as the catholics on here. and are only trying to start trouble and are not interested in the Truth
I never said she was sinless...

I am not trying to cause trouble..saying what I believe is true and scriptural as a born again believer .

Just saying maybe you.should reread about the 12year old Jesus eith the focus,on Him as another poster commented.

Did both parent s make an honest mistake that day..sure..But maybe it was GOD'S PLAN for them to do.So..

Remember It. Was His Fathers business.

I cannot believe that you do not get that.

It's not like they left Him on purpose tonight friends and fool.around the o wing stones at the tourists .

HE WAS IN HIS FATHERS HOUSE

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455191 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>all that I have said has went RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD.
I have proved that Mary was not sinless as the catholic infer, that she was mortal and she made mistakes.
if you infer more than that, you are as ignorant as the catholics on here. and are only trying to start trouble and are not interested in the Truth
One more thing..do you think if you were s peasant Jewish girls in that time and place ..you would have that courage. And endure as she did??

I know I am not that strong .

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455192 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She was grace filled at her conception and filled with the Holy Spirit at the Annunciation.
the Acts of the Apostles doesn't agree with that lie.

Mary along with her other sons were in the upper room where they all were filled with the Holy Ghost.

And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Descent of the Holy Spirit
Acts 2:1-4

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

all of your catholic lies can be rebuted by the Bible.lol

Location hidden

#455193 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing..do you think if you were s peasant Jewish girls in that time and place ..you would have that courage. And endure as she did??
I know I am not that strong .
what made her different than any other women. she had a baby, so have other billion of women. get real or get some intelligence.

the baby was what was important, not the surrogate mother. as Jesus made that plain thru the written Word.

after she was filled with the Holy ghost and Saved, she is never mentioned again.

Location hidden

#455194 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She was grace filled at her conception and filled with the Holy Spirit at the Annunciation.
look at this lie.

Therefore, not doubting the word of Godlike Zachary, but filled with fear and astonishment, she said: "How shall this be done, because I know not man?"

The angel to remove Mary's anxiety and to assure her that her virginity would be spared, answered: "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

AT NO TIME IS GABE TELLING HER THAT SHE SHALL BE A VIRGIN FOREVER IN THOSE FEW WORDS THAT HE SPOKE TO HER.

it is pathetic to read and see the lies that people like Anthony and clay, with Dan tell on this forum

Location hidden

#455195 Jun 21, 2013
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01541c.htm

forgot the link, hope you remember the lies.

Since 1889 Holzmann and many Protestant writers have tried to show that the verses Luke 1:34-35, containing the message of conception through the Holy Ghost are interpolated. Usener derives the origin of the "myth" from the heathen hero worship; but Harnack tries to prove that it is of Judaic origin (Isaiah 7:14, Behold a Virgin shall conceive,

actually the Hebrew does not say this. it says a young maid shall have a child. however in hindsight(which is perfect 20-20), we know that Mary was a virgin as a young maiden.

the word is Almah, it is a Hebrew word meaning a young woman of childbearing age who has not yet had a child, and who may be an unmarried virgin or a married young woman.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#455196 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at this lie.
Therefore, not doubting the word of Godlike Zachary, but filled with fear and astonishment, she said: "How shall this be done, because I know not man?"
The angel to remove Mary's anxiety and to assure her that her virginity would be spared, answered: "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."
AT NO TIME IS GABE TELLING HER THAT SHE SHALL BE A VIRGIN FOREVER IN THOSE FEW WORDS THAT HE SPOKE TO HER.
it is pathetic to read and see the lies that people like Anthony and clay, with Dan tell on this forum
All of the worlds problems are the result of Catholicism. 11 crusades, inquisitions, false teachings, supporting wars.........ww1 and ww2, both sides were catholic people......hypocracy. Babylonish teachings....the world will soon turn against Catholicism and destroy it completely in fire. It does///has not ever represented the true God.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#455197 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Acts of the Apostles doesn't agree with that lie.
Mary along with her other sons were in the upper room where they all were filled with the Holy Ghost.
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Actually she received the Holy Spirit 3 times, the first at her conception, the second at the Annunciation, and third in the upper room. And she isn't the only one to receive the Holy Spirit more than once. Don't feel bad Preston, you may one day receive the gift as well, but you'll need to be knocked down a peg or two beforehand.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#455198 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at this lie.
As I said, she received the Holy Spirit at the Annunciation as well.

Location hidden

#455199 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No she wasn't filled with the Holy Ghost as God just gave to me, My experience, which is Biblical but more important that experience shows that the Holy Ghost was not yet given because Jesus was not yet crucified.lol

john 7:39

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

another lie told by Anthony and his church leaders.

Let God be TRUE, and all men(Anthony et al) be liars

and the church said AMEN!!!!!!

gotta be a believer before you can receive the Holy Ghost, and so she couldn't have known Jesus before He was Risen and Glorified, since she wasn't even born yet.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455200 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Acts of the Apostles doesn't agree with that lie.
And the Spirit came to all of them then.

The apostles. All except John certainly needed it for courage..

They were hiding as Jesus,died. Mary .John and the other women were not.

So. How can you say the Apostles got the Spirit before Mary ..

She was conceived by the Spirit ..But she did not know Jesus then true.
Still say she was saved by faith in Him way before the others even knew Him..

Why.woukd He not give her this gift ..since God chose her..

Location hidden

#455201 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually she received the Holy Spirit 3 times, the first at her conception, the second at the Annunciation, and third in the upper room. And she isn't the only one to receive the Holy Spirit more than once. Don't feel bad Preston, you may one day receive the gift as well, but you'll need to be knocked down a peg or two beforehand.
sorry, but according to the Bible, she received the Holy Ghost after the 50th Day.

if it was possible(and it wasn't and isn't) then she was a backslider, when she was conceived(LOL), and after she was filled with His Embryo. and no OSAS'er would agree with you on that.

plain and simple, Anthony, you are an ignorant idiot. and hermi doesn't know the real you YET, but they will catch on just as they did with reggie.lol.

as for me, I already have, 36 hours after I was saved. God didn't have me wait as long as it took for Mary

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455202 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess to your heart's content, June.
And you won't simply GUESS that "god' favors Catholics, because you believe you KNOW that answer ... you FOOL!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455203 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathe n/01541c.htm
forgot the link, hope you remember the lies.
Since 1889 Holzmann and many Protestant writers have tried to show that the verses Luke 1:34-35, containing the message of conception through the Holy Ghost are interpolated. Usener derives the origin of the "myth" from the heathen hero worship; but Harnack tries to prove that it is of Judaic origin (Isaiah 7:14, Behold a Virgin shall conceive,
actually the Hebrew does not say this. it says a young maid shall have a child. however in hindsight(which is perfect 20-20), we know that Mary was a virgin as a young maiden.
the word is Almah, it is a Hebrew word meaning a young woman of childbearing age who has not yet had a child, and who may be an unmarried virgin or a married young woman.
She was a virgin betrothed..as in almost married to Joseph .

She asked how it could be..since she was a maiden.

Who do you think conceived the child if not God in the person of the Holy Spirit.

Your post is confusing

She was most likely saved by believing in Her Son as we all are.
And believed in Him way before the Apostles were called.

And if anyone was washed in His blood literally and figuratively it was,Mary

Prince George, Canada

#455204 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insisting that original sin is the capability to commit sin.
According to dense and unenlightened theology ... had a creator not sinned by creating the first two sinners on earth, there would be no capability for humans to sin ... NONE!

If the creator lives ... it is the source of all sin. It must burn it's self in hell.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455205 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but according to the Bible, she received the Holy Ghost after the 50th Day.
if it was possible(and it wasn't and isn't) then she was a backslider, when she was conceived(LOL), and after she was filled with His Embryo. and no OSAS'er would agree with you on that.
plain and simple, Anthony, you are an ignorant idiot. and hermi doesn't know the real you YET, but they will catch on just as they did with reggie.lol.
as for me, I already have, 36 hours after I was saved. God didn't have me wait as long as it took for Mary
Why would it be after the Pentecost..they were.all in the room

I honestly have no idea why you think He grants you favor above his mother..

Odd reading on scripture imo

Prince George, Canada

#455206 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I wouldn't" isn't really you making a case, June.
Yes it IS! You are just avoiding discussing the content of my post.

I asked you a direct question.

"If you had all the power to create and you knew that what you created was going to cause suffering, would you still create it???
I wouldn't.

Prince George, Canada

#455207 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
God knowing what was to transpire doesn't equate to Him being culpable of committing sin.
Of course it does!!! If the creator wants praise ... then I have the right to say "You KNEW when you created Adam and Eve that they would sin and cause suffering. So WHY did you create them??? YOu won't get any praise from me, but you WILL get condemnation!!!

You see, I'm not afraid to address those issues ... because I don't believe that a god even exists TO punish or reward.

Location hidden

#455208 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Spirit came to all of them then.
The apostles. All except John certainly needed it for courage..
They were hiding as Jesus,died. Mary .John and the other women were not.
So. How can you say the Apostles got the Spirit before Mary ..
She was conceived by the Spirit ..But she did not know Jesus then true.
Still say she was saved by faith in Him way before the others even knew Him..
Why.woukd He not give her this gift ..since God chose her..
read the Bible and find out for yourself as to when Mary received the Holy Ghost. john chapter 20 says that Jesus breathed on all but Thomas. In fact, we can not find any evidence in the Bible that Mary ever saw her son again after the time at the Cross. so it seems that she was not what the catholics make her out to be.

What Happened to Mary After Jesus?
This week's question comes from Susan D. She asks, "What happened to Mary after Jesus' death?" Although she doesn't specify which Mary, we'll assume she's asking about Mary the mother of Jesus.
With the exception of Jesus' birth, Mary plays a rather minor role in the four Gospels.

She is portrayed rather negatively in Mark and Matthew(wonder why they felt that way against her), quite positively in Luke and John treats her neutrally.

In Mark's gospel Mary and her family are shown coming for her son because she seems to think he is deranged (Mark 3.19-21). John retells the account where Mary seems to force Jesus' hand at a wedding in Cana where he performs his first recorded miracle (John 2.1-5). After these events, Mary is seen only a couple more times in the Gospels, the last time being when Jesus is dying on the cross and asks his disciple John to care for his mother (John 19.25-27).

After Jesus' death we find Mary mentioned only one more time. The book of Acts says that she joined the other disciples in an upper room for prayer on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 1.14). After that, Mary the Mother of Jesus disappears from scripture. The assumption of most biblical scholars is that she lived out her life in the company of the disciples and eventually died of old age.
http://www.hcna.us/columns/mary.html

Prince George, Canada

#455209 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
I really don't understand the whole Mary thing. In the Bible she has a very minimal part, aside from being a means to an end in creating Jesus (never mind the whole "impregnation without prior permission" thing).
Mary gave her permission. Luke 1:38
KM
Your favorite scriptures to you are comparable to a sucky-toy to a baby!

So indoctrinated are you, you don't know HOW to converse by using your own words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Christian with Jesus 828,420
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min Justice League 3,403
Josh Glidewell Lifetime Exteriorz roof. One sat... 37 min Ray clonts 3
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 49 min duststorm 442,863
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 52 min lightbeamrider 2,262
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min His Eminency dr S... 611,844
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 1 hr green marxist 20
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web