Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646824 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455414 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What do they call the mother of the King? Where is Mary now?
to bad , but jesus was never crowned king on this earth, but he will be in the future.

not try but you still get an F

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#455415 Jun 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Neither the Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church “gave” the people the Bible. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave us the Bible.
Without the men of the Catholic church compiling, editing, revising and publishing the bible ... there would BE no new testament.

GOOD GRIEF!!!

Location hidden

#455416 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
It is mere reason. Jesus Christ is King.(The entire Book of the Song of Solomon goes into this.) So there is a King, who is the Bridegroom, and a Queen who is the Bride. But Jesus also has a mother, which makes her Queen Mother.(According to ancient Israel law.)
If you deny being part of the bride of Christ, then you deny Christ, and Christ's mother. Its simple.
as I just pointed out to Anthony, Jesus was never King on this Earth, so mary could not be a queen, if so, then joseph is a king to.

remember what we posted about mary finding Jesus at the temple, sshe used these words, "your father and I were worried".so why don't catholics lift Joseph up as King also.lol

I dont acknowledge mary as my mother since the Bible tells us that we are now Brothers to Christ thru His Blood sacrifice. Mary never prayed one prayer for me or any now living, she never sustained me, nor fed me, nor gave me to drink, but Jesus has.

mary was a surrogate mother, and when he left this world, we read no more about mary, her star demimished until she went to live with he Son

Quesnel, Canada

#455417 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the flesh is weak, but the Spirit is strong. it is my soul that is fine.
Is your soul Jewish, or Christian???

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455418 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the flesh is weak, but the Spirit is strong. it is my soul that is fine.
to bad that your soul is black from the lies that you tell and have been told.
you don't know the difference between being Blessed and the infilling of the Holy Ghost.
Mary (she's special, not just any old sinner like the rest of us)

"The Lord is with thee"

"Thou hast found favour in the sight of God."

" The Holy Spirit will come upon thee, and the power of the most High will overshadow thee. "

"My soul magnifies the Lord"

"Behold, from this day forward all generations will count me blessed; because he who is mighty, he whose name is holy, has wrought for me his wonders."

"No sooner had Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, than the child leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth herself was filled with the Holy Ghost;"

"Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb."

"How have I deserved to be thus visited by the mother of my Lord?"

"Why, as soon as ever the voice of thy greeting sounded in my ears, the child in my womb leaped for joy. "

The Apostles:

"Once more Jesus said to them, Peace be upon you; I came upon an errand from my Father, and now I am sending you out in my turn. With that, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit; when you forgive men’s sins, they are forgiven, when you hold them bound, they are held bound."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455419 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
When I think of Jesus, as a child in the Temple, I think back to the Holy Spirit in the tent with Moses in the Wilderness. And these reflect today, in the present, with both Jesus and the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Both are teaching us.
Intersting take on this ..I think there is,mire truth in scripture than Is apparent just reading it.

Jesus,us,in our hearts along with The Spirit in our souls and guiding us.

Look at how much has,come from this simple story.
It's there for a reason..Jesus had a reason for belongings temple that day..

And the confusion on His whereabouts,was,probably a God thing.

And He woukd not allow the earthly parents to get in the sT if this a appointment..

None if which makes,Mary a bad mother

Quesnel, Canada

#455420 Jun 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June your opinions don't mean anything to me.
I didn't expect they would. You are full of hope that a Jew is intent on saving your lying Christian butt.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455421 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to bad , but jesus was never crowned king on this earth, but he will be in the future.
not try but you still get an F
Mary was not Queen on earth. She's in heaven now.

Quesnel, Canada

#455422 Jun 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need your sarcasm.
And no one needs Jesus to do evil.
Maybe you could reread what I wrote.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
YEAH ... they follow that Jesus guy into wars ... burning innocent humans at the stake as heretics and witches. And they brag about how Jesus will save them while the devil burns others in hell and on and on and on.
They are quite the "followers" of Jesus.
Sarcasm intended.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455423 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never really read the Gospel of Thomas- other than a few Jesus quotes.
I don't consider it Biblical because I'm not authorized to determine what's valid canon.
Jesus never told anyone what Books to include in the Bible. He never even told the Jews. They didn't have the same collection of Books while He was alive on Earth ya know.
You tell me why the . Gospel of Thomas is not in your KJV.
How come Tobit and Maccabees aren't in your Bible? Have you read those books?
Aren't they OT..were they in the Jewish bible .

Location hidden

#455424 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Wrong again.
Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
So, there was Jesus in the womb of Mary. Jesus had the Holy Spirit within himself. And the mere sound of Mary's voice caused Elizabeth to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Put it all together, and Mary was filled with the Holy Spirit. It just does not seem that any other possible explanation could exist outside of a prejudiced mind.
doesnt say Mary does it?LOL
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455425 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me I have never heard anything remotely like this in my Church and its Baptist ..nor on any of the sermons I have listened to on the tv or in any book by a Protestants.
we do not see Mary as important to salvation..That is not scriptural.
But how anyone reading her story cannot find inspirational is beyond me.
And that Mary was a bad MOTHER is ludicrous on its face.
Like God coukd make a mistake in the CHOICE of the mother to His Son????
Please
And not a word I said about this is REFUTED by scripture
RoSesz

I believe you. I know Preston's views on this are weird. And one can only speculate on his views, and the reasons he has for them. I suspect it has something to do do with his need to be dominating, and others(especially women) to be under him.

Having quite a broad range of experience, I would say in general, the Protestant and neo-Protestant groups accept her as someone special in the life of Jesus, but they don't go much farther than that.

What is most dangerous here is that Preston removes Jesus' humanity, by eliminating Mary, and calling her a surrogate. More or less he thinks God planted a created human embryo in Mary, and that would of course not make Jesus of human lineage, but a 2nd created "human being". It is dangerous for himself, and others who listen to him.

Quesnel, Canada

#455426 Jun 22, 2013
Not one of these followers of truth will answer my question.

Do you believe (within the context of theology) that Jesus was a faithful Jew to Judaism just before he died ... or do you believe he had converted to Catholicism when he was baptized by John the Baptist???

Come on faithful ones. Stand up and take the bait.

Location hidden

#455427 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
she is no queen of heaven.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#455428 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could reread what I wrote.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH ... they follow that Jesus guy into wars ... burning innocent humans at the stake as heretics and witches. And they brag about how Jesus will save them while the devil burns others in hell and on and on and on.
They are quite the "followers" of Jesus.
Sarcasm intended.
I read just fine, goofy.

Write pretty well too.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455429 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Wrong again.
Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
So, there was Jesus in the womb of Mary. Jesus had the Holy Spirit within himself. And the mere sound of Mary's voice caused Elizabeth to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Put it all together, and Mary was filled with the Holy Spirit. It just does not seem that any other possible explanation could exist outside of a prejudiced mind.

She was conceived if the Holy Spirit ..

Again I honestly think SOME non Catholics,are against her to be in contrast to Catholic practices.

Personally I can't see Cowboy meeting Jesus and letting Him know,He thinks He had a,bad mother..That God was sadly mistaken in trusting her with His care!!!

I honestly don't get it.

You do not have to worship her or reverence her
To have respect and empathy fir her

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455430 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who deposed Asherah?

Location hidden

#455431 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Wrong again.
any times people were filled with the Holy Ghost and they spoke as such. BUT this is not what we are talking about as we compare the Filling of the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost.

when I preach and(GIF) can say the same thing, the holy Spirit comes on me(fills me) and I preach under His Anointing.
and no Jesus did NOT have the Holy Ghost within Him, they are not one and the same. they are two parts of the trinity. that is stupid to say that.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455432 Jun 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz"
Trust me I have never heard anything remotely like this in my Church and its Baptist ..nor on any of the sermons I have listened to on the tv or in any book by a Protestants.
we do not see Mary as important to salvation..That is not scriptural.
But how anyone reading her story cannot find inspirational is beyond me.
And that Mary was a bad MOTHER is ludicrous on its face.
Like God coukd make a mistake in the CHOICE of the mother to His Son????
Please
And not a word I said about this is REFUTED by scripture
Rose...Cowboy was trying to say that Mary was not a goddess...she was human as the rest of us. It has turned into a bees nest, and the hornets are stinging wildly.
IMO this is more proof that Mary had little children to take her attention.
KayMarie
confronting-KayMarie

Most certainly, Mary was human like the rest of us.

In this story, her familiarity of Jesus always being near, and suddenly realize he is not, is for us a reminder, that when we sin, Jesus may withdraw his presence from us, until we turn, repent, and search him with great anxiety. We will find Him doing His Father's business.

Mary again, leads us to Jesus, as she does for us to the Cross. But we must go.

Location hidden

#455433 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
What is most dangerous here is that Preston removes Jesus' humanity, by eliminating Mary, and calling her a surrogate. More or less he thinks God planted a created human embryo in Mary, and that would of course not make Jesus of human lineage, but a 2nd created "human being". It is dangerous for himself, and others who listen to him.
sorry, but if you knew anything about Biology and the human body, you would understand what I am talking about. I even have showed people how this embryo grows and attaches it self to the womb and takes on the characteristics of the human body.

Week 1–3 5–7 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord. The embryo's growth centers around an axis, which will become the spine and spinal cord. The brain, spinal cord, heart, and gastrointestinal tract begin to form.[5]

now this is as simple to understand as it could be. if you don't understand , may I suggest that you return to jr high and learn some biology

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 49,301
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 42 min lovingme4me 750
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min X Pendable 182,660
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 48 min USA-1 38,761
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min The Hangman 971,787
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 54 min patsy the shared ... 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 105,655
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr patsy the shared ... 26
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,746
More from around the web