Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649978 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455394 Jun 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Ill be over your house tomorrow with some lamb and ouzo. You can teach me Greek
lol. he got that from Dan who thought he could pull the wool of our eyes. to find the Koine greek interpretation, we need to read Acts chapter 6 where steven is said to be full of grace right before he was killed.

If I would have know this forum over 22 years ago, I would have kept my greek lexicons.

as you know the Greek word charis is very closely linked with the word "favor", then translating it into the proper sentence structure, we get the correct meaning
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455395 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE THE LIAR that said she was filled with the Holy Ghost three times. how your church fathers(think God they are not ours) could tell that lie, knowing that Our Savior said He had to go BEFORE the holy Ghost could be sent back, is beyond me and God.
and for you, who probably owns a Bible and can read, can read that for yourself and know they lied about Mary.
you claim that you don't claim her as a goddess yet you call her the Mother of God. double talk and worse. it is Blasphemy and your rcc will be destroyed by that little baby Boy birthed by her some day. who now sits on the Right Hand of His Father.
lol. You got a lot of venom man. You and Confrint are career Ministers. You absolutely can not lose your career!! Sometimes you need to insult the Mother of Jesus Christ in order to keep your career and ego.
I'm not going to bother with you today. I honestly got a sick feeling in my gut yesterday..as if I was watching someone who's influence by demons and doesn't know it.

You best prove that Christ only wants the Books that the Reformation established in 1560 as the sole authority and revelation of all His Ministry. I say this idea was invented by a man. You say it was commanded by Christ..
Im 100% sure I am right on this and will have no problem standing before the throne one day. Are you 100% sure you are right?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455396 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE THE LIAR that said she was filled with the Holy Ghost three times. how your church fathers(think God they are not ours) could tell that lie, knowing that Our Savior said He had to go BEFORE the holy Ghost could be sent back, is beyond me and God.
and for you, who probably owns a Bible and can read, can read that for yourself and know they lied about Mary.
you claim that you don't claim her as a goddess yet you call her the Mother of God. double talk and worse. it is Blasphemy and your rcc will be destroyed by that little baby Boy birthed by her some day. who now sits on the Right Hand of His Father.
Three times.

The apostles, more than once. At least once BEFORE the Ascension.

How's your health preston?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#455397 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see us differing to much onthis. I narrowed mine down a little.
I do have a couple issues with your post though.
The Council of Laodicea didn't establish any official canon. And they only acknowledged 26 NT Books to be read at Mass (The Book of Revelation was not yet considered sacred scripture). And they gave a list of OT books to be allowed for Mass too, but it wasn't exactly the same Books that would later be installed.
I noticed you forgot the Council of Rome in 382 AD which set into motion a Biblical compilation for Christianity. Led by the authority of Pope Damaseus.
Not to start a fight today, but the reason the Council of Rome was called in 382 AD was so the Pope could put a stop to the Roman Emperor Theodosius's decision to install a candidate for Archbishop of Constantanople. Rome opposed any such influence from a Emperor.(more proof that Constantine could not have infliltrated Christianity)
wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Rome
Thanks for the more detailed information, Clay.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455398 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is plain that your myths are silly to others, just as their myths are silly to you.
Once you catch on (if ever you choose TO catch on) to that idea, you will stop placing any importance on your own favorite myths.
But until then, your favorite biblical scriptures will keep you dangling with a noose around your own neck from a non-existent Christian "heaven" ... where incidentally, a Jew would not be caught dead OR alive.
June your opinions don't mean anything to me. they make as much since as Mary being queen of heaven.
You believe in nothing which means you do not exist, your a myth.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#455399 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. he got that from Dan who thought he could pull the wool of our eyes. to find the Koine greek interpretation, we need to read Acts chapter 6 where steven is said to be full of grace right before he was killed.
If I would have know this forum over 22 years ago, I would have kept my greek lexicons.
as you know the Greek word charis is very closely linked with the word "favor", then translating it into the proper sentence structure, we get the correct meaning
Thanks so so much for all of yours prayers. I seem to be getting better. Praise God!!!!
In Christ is our Hope!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#455400 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't dare explore Catholicism. If you did, you would see the topology and the connections to the OT are unique amongst all of Christendom.
You only can trace your roots to 20th century America and thats it. The rest of your religion is trying to navigate a Christiainty with SOME of the word of God. You are missing a few Books...
Clay, do you agree the 'gospel of thomas' is not part of the Bible canon because your church told you or because by reading it yourself you could tell it doesn't belong?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455401 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer the following poem by Victor Segno
“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”
Excellent.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455402 Jun 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June your opinions don't mean anything to me. they make as much since as Mary being queen of heaven.
You believe in nothing which means you do not exist, your a myth.
What do they call the mother of the King? Where is Mary now?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455403 Jun 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"One is saved by God's Grace. It is through faith in Christ one is saved, and thus one exhibits works comparable to one's faith."
- which is Self
"Also one who is saved does wander off the path(the way), but repentance is available. And the sooner one realizes, and resolves the issue of sin, the better it is for one and all."
- which is Self
"What you are not taking into account is that a person can be led by God, if one so wills it in their life."
- which is Self
You'll promote Self, like Jesus, but yet you don't believe Jesus when he teaches about it.
Why do you follow men?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Its a bit to lonely with just the Self, when there are others around, through which the Self can teach me.

I listen to learn. I follow to be obedient to what I learn. Then I am free.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455404 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
And hadn't thought of Egypt .
Just the more I thought on this it became clear that God wanted this.
Funny how some little things get mire meaning as you think mire thoroughly on what us in the bible.
A great Christian authors I read the THOENEs..every book and word in the bible mean something GOD wants to convey.
I can speculate as,I did in last post ..But the main thing is,JESUS WAS THERE DOING HIS FATHERS BUSINESS.
RoSesz:

When I think of Jesus, as a child in the Temple, I think back to the Holy Spirit in the tent with Moses in the Wilderness. And these reflect today, in the present, with both Jesus and the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Both are teaching us.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455405 Jun 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
We all will die - physically.
To live in a spiritual form is yet to be proven to many.
No religion is required.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

In a way I agree. But you are taking the negative connotation of religion.

We all practice religion, thus it is required.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455406 Jun 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, do you agree the 'gospel of thomas' is not part of the Bible canon because your church told you or because by reading it yourself you could tell it doesn't belong?
I've never really read the Gospel of Thomas- other than a few Jesus quotes.
I don't consider it Biblical because I'm not authorized to determine what's valid canon.

Jesus never told anyone what Books to include in the Bible. He never even told the Jews. They didn't have the same collection of Books while He was alive on Earth ya know.

You tell me why the . Gospel of Thomas is not in your KJV.
How come Tobit and Maccabees aren't in your Bible? Have you read those books?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455407 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in myths can be fun, but I suggest you get real and comprehend that your favorite myths are only special to you, and they in turn often result in giving other people mental indigestion.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/scie...
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455408 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>Atheists can no more prove by reason or empirical science that there isn't a God than we can prove by reason or empirical science that there is a God. God cannot be measured through these mediums
Exactly Herm. And we don't claim we can prove God in a science lab like they demand us do.

We can't prove love or the spiritual component of humans either. But its still there. I hope all is well today.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455409 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>Atheists can no more prove by reason or empirical science that there isn't a God than we can prove by reason or empirical science that there is a God. God cannot be measured through these mediums
Get sick of people posting that God and science are at odds

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/scie...
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455410 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>show us where God elevated mary to be queen of heaven. I show you Biblical truths about her. your cult makes up lies.lol
Preston

It is mere reason. Jesus Christ is King.(The entire Book of the Song of Solomon goes into this.) So there is a King, who is the Bridegroom, and a Queen who is the Bride. But Jesus also has a mother, which makes her Queen Mother.(According to ancient Israel law.)

If you deny being part of the bride of Christ, then you deny Christ, and Christ's mother. Its simple.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455411 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It is better for someone to be offended in this world rather than the one to come, if people stop to think about it, the walled city of Jerusalem was not and is not very large, and with the jewish people, everything started and stops with their religion, so mary should have started at the temple first, then looked elsewhere. where was this boy all of that time, where did he sleep and where did he eat. no one knows.
this was not a time like our caravans heading out west, where the children would have maybe been inside covered wagons.
and when all is said and done, two of the Four Gospels are not favorable to her and John who might have been the disciple who she was given to, was neutral. only Luke, who probably never knew her was favorable. as the link that I showed stated.
Again with Mary..
Let me ask you..

Do you believe she is a sister in Christ ???

And whole towns travelled together.

Where do you think the gospel writers, got their info on the birth and Annunciation....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455412 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Three times.
The apostles, more than once. At least once BEFORE the Ascension.
How's your health preston?
the flesh is weak, but the Spirit is strong. it is my soul that is fine.

to bad that your soul is black from the lies that you tell and have been told.

you don't know the difference between being Blessed and the infilling of the Holy Ghost.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455413 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Mary was not filled with the Holy Ghost until the 50 th day. unlike His Apostles who were filled much earlier
Preston:

Wrong again.

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

So, there was Jesus in the womb of Mary. Jesus had the Holy Spirit within himself. And the mere sound of Mary's voice caused Elizabeth to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Put it all together, and Mary was filled with the Holy Spirit. It just does not seem that any other possible explanation could exist outside of a prejudiced mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Dr Banonator 55,839
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 445,890
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 15 min ImFree2Choose 2,302
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min New Age Spiritual... 971,738
Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam 1 hr erinadams 1
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Edgy Teen 194
Ayurveda oil massage 3 hr rahul 1
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 14 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web