Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,061 - 439,080 of 538,813 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#455132 Jun 21, 2013
Now here is some real conjecture for us.

Who were.these men in the temple??

We know of a few who might have been around then.

GAMALIEL, who was a great Jewish s leader later on.and one who did NOT persecute Christians.
Do you know his father's name?? It was SIMEON..coukd he b e the same Simeon who saw Jesus as a,baby

What about Joseph of Arimethea..might he have been there.

Everything in the bible has meaning.

And the meaning of this instance in time is NOT that Mary was a bad mother..nor Joseph a bad dad.

It is that GOD WANTED JESUS TO BE IN THE TEMPLE SHIWING HIS. KNOWLEDGE AND DOING HIS FATHERS WORK.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455133 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you just amen'd a liar. I just showed that even your church(what a surprise) believe the Bible is the Word of God.
Are Catholics into the Bible?
Catholics and Evangelicals are in total agreement that the Bible is the Word of God. It is the most happening book on the planet.
Especially in demand is the one printed on rice paper.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455134 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known What Happened for many decades..But not the exact reason s why..
NOR do you. Imo And respectfully.
I agree with a lot if your posting but sorry this is over the top
I don't care if you agree with ANYTHING that I post. I don't post to get people to agree with me. I post the Biblical Truth and let the chips fall where they may.

as to the reason why she left Him, it is obvious, she paid more attention to the remainder of the company rather than her obligation as a surrogate mother and the responsibility that went with it.

and that is the truth as untold to catholic by their lying leaders.

MARY WAS HUMAN AND THEREFORE NOT PERFECT

as Catholicism lies about.

I am not perfect. one night, I pulled out of the church without Jessie(she was about 4) and I went back to get her and she was playing the piano. we ALL make mistakes, and I told that because it is easy to lose track of your children.

Cathie thought that I had got her and I thought she had. in our case, we had only pulled out of the church parking lot.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#455135 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my thought too. Its like their image of her is an incompetent young Mother who happened to say yes to the Angel. If she hadn't done so, another woman down the street would have. She was a negligent young Mother too and possibly a criminal for leaving Christ behind when He was twelve.
If I was Christ, I would pull them aside someday and have a talk with them.
Most protestants don't harbor such ill will towards Mary, I think they truly misunderstand Catholic teaching. In Preston's case, I think he has some unresolved issues with his own mother.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455136 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but I see Mary as a simple woman, who like the rest of us. has made her share of Mistakes. that episode alone shows that Mary was not sinless as your church lies about.
for it is written that we all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. and also it is written' there is none righteous, no not one(romans 3:10). that includes Mary.
there is a good sermon right there with her.
she left Jesus and had to go back where she left Him, and many Christians have done that also. thanks be unto God that we can go back and pick up our cross where we left it and He will be waiting for us, just as He did with the prodigal son
Again, your entire image of Mary is based on that episode and whatever was managed to be documented in scripture- which really isn't much.

So you may want to show where Christ said everything about His Mother and Ministry is documented in writing in sacred scripture.

You can't do that can ya? Yet, for some odd reason, you claim its all documented in those books.

Location hidden

#455137 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think Mary was a bad Mother??
lol
Your arrogance is mind boggling coming from a supposed minister of Christ. Get lost.
I think that Mary was a human being and therefore subject to make mistakes and sin also.

your false religion differs from the trth

Location hidden

#455138 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's odd that this omnipotent deity can only seem to communicate with humans via Iron Age technology. You'd think that it could simply communicate with everyone directly. And yet everything is filtered through humans who purport to speak for it. Come to think of it, that's how most other religions work too.
One time a burning bush was it's voice...um...
But that's not all that unusual. There are talking snakes and talking asses in the book too. They must'a had some really good mushrooms in the near east. It appears that that Paul fella overdosed too. Maybe it was his ass talking to him and he didn't know it...after all he was blinded wasn't he?

Location hidden

#455139 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to belabor this but what do you mean by intent?
mary was not paying attention. that is intent. her attention was on the things of this world not Jesus Christ or she wouldnt have left Him.

as Christians, we don't by [mistake] walk away from Jesus, and backslide. it is [intent]ional.

sorry that is over your head but I have tried to make it simple so you can understand that I present Mary as a normal human being ,not some supernatural goddess
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455141 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mary was not paying attention. that is intent. her attention was on the things of this world not Jesus Christ or she wouldnt have left Him.
as Christians, we don't by [mistake] walk away from Jesus, and backslide. it is [intent]ional.
sorry that is over your head but I have tried to make it simple so you can understand that I present Mary as a normal human being ,not some supernatural goddess
That's nice Preston. Thank goodness you are not authorized to teach on Christianity.

Location hidden

#455142 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
It's odd that this omnipotent deity can only seem to communicate with humans via Iron Age technology. You'd think that it could simply communicate with everyone directly. And yet everything is filtered through humans who purport to speak for it. Come to think of it, that's how most other religions work too.
You need to understand. God speaks to me DIRECTLY. If I hear something from someone else, I check it by His written word.
KayMarie
It does huh?

What does it say?

Does it touch you too?

Location hidden

#455143 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your entire image of Mary is based on that episode and whatever was managed to be documented in scripture- which really isn't much.
So you may want to show where Christ said everything about His Mother and Ministry is documented in writing in sacred scripture.
You can't do that can ya? Yet, for some odd reason, you claim its all documented in those books.
I have already posted it clay when she was outside while He was inside preaching. if she was where she was supposed to be, she would have been right beside him Amening His every Word.

and when he was told she was outside, he didn't stop Preaching and go invite her in, did He? wanna answer that question?

she wasn't PERFECT. like all of us, she had her faults, I suppose.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#455144 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to belabor this but what do you mean by intent?
And how do We know,that. GOD did not cloud their understanding so Jesus had more time in the Temple. He was about HIS FATHERS business.
We don't know..But Jesus evidently did and such a,huge impression is made if this moment that is all we know of His childhood that does show He knew at that time who He was..
It's like God wanting this to be something unusual that woukd 've written about.
Say. ABRAM and SARAH. Had Isaac When God first spoke about it and chose Abram ..would we. Remember s such a miracle as He was.
Just saying t his whole event since it concerned Jesus was part of His plan .
RoSesz:

I think, the central person in this story is Jesus. And as he was turning into a man, about his Father's business, we find Jesus amongst the teachers in the sacred area, the Temple. In a sense for me, it is the beginning of his preaching. We often think of Jesus' career beginning about 20 years later. Jesus went to the Jerusalem Temple and taught. He leads us as a child.

And he was left behind. Doesn't this remind a person that God led the Jews out of Egypt, and protected them, going before and behind them, and was in their midst?

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#455145 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was specifically thinking of Preston, OldJG and Confrint. I assume they are all in agreement on Mary because they said the Holy Spirit guides them to Biblical truth. So if one says x, then they all will say x because the Holy Spirit doesn't error. Right?
I respect that you don't share the same opinion on sacred scripture of a Deacon and Pastor of the Evangelical movement.
I have no idea what they woukd say.

I say this is in the bible because everything in it means something..And is a,God thing

Did you see my speculation on WHY GOD wanted Him .in the First place..to be in the Temple that day???
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455146 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that Mary was a human being and therefore subject to make mistakes and sin also.
your false religion differs from the trth
Now you're letting off her a little. Make up your mind. Earlier you posted about Mary abandoning Jesus and how she'd be asserted under todays laws....
Is Our Lords Mother a criminal or not? Don't run away Pastor. You said it...

Location hidden

#455147 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You succeed in being a puffed up arrogant preacher of your own version of what words mean to you ... period!!!
At THAT you are quite the success!
But then again, so is Foghorn Leghorn...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455148 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:5 relates Christ teaching the necessity of and matter of (water) Baptism.
Matthew 28 18:19(below) relates Christ teaching the Form of Baptism:
18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,
All this is IN the Catholic Encyclopedia you excerpted. Very lazy, Ox.
Thanks...I found those listed....What I posted, evidently was sort of a recap of what is later gone into detail...

But...I am having a difficulty with the first paragraph under that heading...

Theologians distinguish a twofold necessity, which they call a necessity of means (medii) and a necessity of precept (præcepti). The first (medii) indicates a thing to be so necessary that, if lacking (though inculpably), salvation can not be attained.

I can see, by their thinking, where Joh 3:5, and Mt 28:18-19, supports it.

The second (præcepti) is had when a thing is indeed so necessary that it may not be omitted voluntarily without sin; yet, ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.

What Scripture teaches: ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455149 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have already posted it clay when she was outside while He was inside preaching. if she was where she was supposed to be, she would have been right beside him Amening His every Word.
and when he was told she was outside, he didn't stop Preaching and go invite her in, did He? wanna answer that question?
she wasn't PERFECT. like all of us, she had her faults, I suppose.
Quit side stepping Preston.
Why do you base your entire image of her on that episode?
Most most would say that's Biblical recklessness.

Location hidden

#455150 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Most protestants don't harbor such ill will towards Mary, I think they truly misunderstand Catholic teaching. In Preston's case, I think he has some unresolved issues with his own mother.
I know how I feel about my mom who passed on almost 20 years ago, more important, I know how God felt about her.

and a few weeks before she was to be with Him, the Lord told me to ask her previous pastor(when I got saved) to come and preach and He told me that this would be the last time that all of us would be together in church. the Pastor has now when on but some Day, we will meet together at the throne of Our Father.

the ill will that I feel is with the lies that your church teaches. and some day when God destroys your church will the truth be given again to you, but it will be to late

Location hidden

#455151 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't just see Jesus, I receive Him in the most intimate way humanly possible. And thanks for your prayers.
You have sex with Jesus?
It's probably just one of your pedophile priests in a costume.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#455152 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if you agree with ANYTHING that I post. I don't post to get people to agree with me. I post the Biblical Truth and let the chips fall where they may.
as to the reason why she left Him, it is obvious, she paid more attention to the remainder of the company rather than her obligation as a surrogate mother and the responsibility that went with it.
and that is the truth as untold to catholic by their lying leaders.
MARY WAS HUMAN AND THEREFORE NOT PERFECT
as Catholicism lies about.
I am not perfect. one night, I pulled out of the church without Jessie(she was about 4) and I went back to get her and she was playing the piano. we ALL make mistakes, and I told that because it is easy to lose track of your children.
Cathie thought that I had got her and I thought she had. in our case, we had only pulled out of the church parking lot.
Sorry cowboy but in this you are scoring one for the Catholics..Imo

Injecting whatever your ideas on Mary are.
Yes she and Joseph thought HE WAS WITH others that day..when they looked fir Him THAT day He was nit among them ..They went back.

And found Him doing Gods,business as stated..GOD wanted this..He allowed fir this .We don't know why..But structurally here you are wrong. Sorry

Ok on Gids,plan. I REPEAT

]Now here is some real conjecture for us.
Who were.these men in the temple??

We're they important for Jesus to meet??

We know of a few who might have been around then.
GAMALIEL, who was a great Jewish s leader later on.and one who did NOT persecute Christians.
Do you know his father's name?? It was SIMEON..coukd he b e the same Simeon who saw Jesus as a,baby
What about Joseph of Arimethea..might he have been there.
Everything in the bible has meaning.
And the meaning of this instance in time is NOT that Mary was a bad mother..nor Joseph a bad dad.
It is that GOD WANTED JESUS TO BE IN THE TEMPLE SHIWING HIS. KNOWLEDGE AND DOING HIS FATHERS WORK.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Buck Crick 732,798
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 3 min Hannah V 1,003
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Senecus 441,187
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Cheech the Conser... 257,862
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Senecus 2,415
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min KiMare 226,287
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 13 min Jim Khan 739
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Senecus 599,840
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr KiMare 94,646
•••