Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665069 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#455359 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's at all possible you are beyond ignorant.
The very words in your bible you USE as your Protestant TRUTH were compiled by Catholics.
How would an atheist know any thing about how the Bible was compiled or why would they be interested...

You are and example abject confusion...I pity you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#455360 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in myths can be fun, but I suggest you get real and comprehend that your favorite myths are only special to you, and they in turn often result in giving other people mental indigestion.
~~~

You wrote

'Believing in myths can be fun,"

Believing in myths can be very expensive...

Mat_16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mar_8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455361 Jun 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE WHOLE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM IS FOUNDED UPON CARNAL ASSUMPTIONS..
That have no foundation what-so-ever- in the record of god's plan of redemption.
Jesus said
Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
They
Roman Catholic religious society is not a part of the true vine nor are they the branches...
Their religion is a parasite with separate roots
such as poison Ivy that has wrapped itself around the vine.
They are a facade that attempts to charade as the vine but are
drawing strength from their own roots they have embedded in the vine...
The Apostle Paul wrote
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
The Roman Catholic Church claims to be the root ...of Salvation by grace...
but they are not even a branch !
I love how you post Bible verses that are applying to you!!
Your pride won't allow you to see how Protestanism is explicitly defined in Rom 11:17

"And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree..."

Hello Confrint?? How many branches broke off from the Catholic Church? Are you guys not a wild bunch -- each charting your own path thru Christianity!
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#455362 Jun 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, your ideas are really not yours.
You have posted articles from other People start from A-Z.,
And agree with them all; that crap will certainly give you
indigestion.
Your like a half baked loaf of bread, very hard to swallow.
Your ideas are really not yours.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455363 Jun 22, 2013
who="atemcowboy"]sor ry kay but I disagree with you saying it went bad. everything that I said, I backed up with the word of God. I cant help the problem that she has understanding English.
It was not bad on my part only the catholics could disagree with what thus saith the Lord.
you had no problem understanding the battle that was ongoing. they have eyes but they see not, they have ears but they don't understand.
I understood what you were saying...just that Mary was a human as the rest of us. The Catholics were terribly offended, because they see her as a goddess.
I don't think that she was 'neglectful'. I think that she thought that He was fellow-shipping with other youth in their group, and didn't notice until it was time to go to bed that night. It was just one day. The other days were involved in a search for Him. It took time because He was not playing with other 12 year old boys; He was discussing serious matters with the priests in the temple. The priests were amazed at His knowledge.
KayMarie
Thanks for defending her...I guess. No, we don't see her as a goddess. We see her as the Mother of God the Son, full of grace, blessed for all generations, not just an average sinner like the rest of us.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455364 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
How would an atheist know any thing about how the Bible was compiled or why would they be interested...
Put it this way sir, all known historians, scientists, atheist, and even the first couple hundred yrs of Protestanism do not argue against the Catholic Churches claim of compiling the Bible at the council of Hippo in 393 AD and the Council of Carthage in 397 AD and 417 AD.

I want you to pay close attention to the Books put forth for canon on August 28th, 397 AD: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus,Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth,Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, TOBIT,Judith, Esther, Ezra, MACCABEES 1 & 2 and the 27 Books of the current NT.

Tobit and 1 & 2 Maccabees!

This was the authority of the Church that compiled this Bible, and YES Eastern Orthodox were influential in determining the Bible too. But it took a council and an authoritive decision from the Church create a Bible when Christ never commanded it.
Do you see how ignorant one has to be in order to be an Evangelical?
wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_New_Tes...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Councils_of_Carthage

Since: Nov 08

usa

#455365 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From your perspective just before Jesus died on the cross, was he still a Jew, or had he converted to Christianity???
I would appreciate your opinion ... NOT more scriptures.
I expect an original thought from your brain ... if you don't find it too taxing.
that's the big problem here, people seem to be afraid to express their own thoughts, they stick to bible passages when it comes to speaking about the church. they don't understand that it's only a building, and the only way it can hurt you is if it falls on you. and what is preached out of that building is drivel. man made traditions to try an draw people to the building, in the beginning they used fear tactics, torture, starvation, threats, and murder. they stole everything within the walls of these buildings, that is how they became rich in the beginning, if you did not join the church your property and everything you own was taken from you as punishment, yet god just sits there and does nothing to stop the carnage being carried out in his own name. an honest thought from a catholic? you won't get it here, fear has been burned into their brains for 2000 years, and they believe it, even to this day. why else would they be afraid to speak their mind??

usa

#455366 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer the following poem by Victor Segno
“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”
it makes sense.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#455367 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Believing in myths can be very expensive...
You are correct! Observe how the mythical words (compiled by Catholics) in the bible own you.

Your brain has gone to mush because you are so terrified of the mythical devil, demons, evil and hell, and you lust your every waking moment to avoid such torment.

You don't realize you are torturing your self.

Quesnel, Canada

#455368 Jun 22, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ideas are really not yours.
Of course they're not.

The first humans on earth to believe that gods was speaking to them started that gossip ... and away the gossip went from there.

Quesnel, Canada

#455369 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
For years I studied the bible, and could not be drawn into that promise of salvation ... nor could I be drawn to believe that a god of a decent character would allow a devil to rule his earthly kingdom, or to agree with hell in a hereafter.

So I put the bible DOWN as being the words of silly, greedy old men.

Quesnel, Canada

#455370 Jun 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>that's the big problem here, people seem to be afraid to express their own thoughts, they stick to bible passages when it comes to speaking about the church. they don't understand that it's only a building, and the only way it can hurt you is if it falls on you. and what is preached out of that building is drivel. man made traditions to try an draw people to the building, in the beginning they used fear tactics, torture, starvation, threats, and murder. they stole everything within the walls of these buildings, that is how they became rich in the beginning, if you did not join the church your property and everything you own was taken from you as punishment, yet god just sits there and does nothing to stop the carnage being carried out in his own name. an honest thought from a catholic? you won't get it here, fear has been burned into their brains for 2000 years, and they believe it, even to this day. why else would they be afraid to speak their mind??
Who that believes a god is the master-mind where such horrific suffering of all forms of life exists, would not be afraid of such a monster.

My guess is, it was a lot to do with theologians catching on that through fear of gods they could rule the masses and conspire them to kill each other in wars, etc.

Religion never was good for humanity.

The bible is a crutch, and a weapon all in one.

usa

#455371 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:

<quoted text>
Fine, all you gotta do is provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says everything about His Mother is documented in the writings of some of His Apostles.
You can't do it, so why on Earth would you teach it? Seriously, you fraud, don't risk spreading gossip about Our Lords Mom just because you're old and stubborn. You wanna be right so dang bad Mr Gee, you'll risk your soul..

JETHRO: the Vatican teaches it is the true church of Christ, yet there is not one word of truth to it, their spreading a lie, show me one word, one passage, one book where it states they are telling the truth? you can't do it, Seriously, they are a fraud. 2000 yrs. of fraudulent teaching. their risking their souls for money.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455372 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong. I said and showed that the Apostles received the Holy Ghost right after he was resurrected. however Mary was filled with the Holy Ghost 50 days after He was resurrected.
here is a hint, look at what I say and then read it from the bible and then you can understand that what I say is Biblically correct. I seldom make a mistake. when I say the Bible says something, it does.
Preston says:
"I seldom make a mistake. when I say the Bible says something, it does"

Take this advice from Tobit: "For in pride there is ruin and great confusion"

Your opinion on what the Bible says doesn't matter to anyone. Those verses you teach were already explained once when the Apostles revealed the faith.
If you're interested in what they actually taught, you can check out the writings of their Disciples.

"And I also ask you, who are a trued co-worker, help these woman, for they have labored side by side with me in the Gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, who's names are in the Book of Life"
Philippians 4:3

Clement knew Paul personally. Would you like to hear what Clement had to say about what he was taught? Or would you rather play dumb, and pretend the revelation of Paul's letters were silently awaiting enlightment from Born Again Movement of the 20th century?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455373 Jun 22, 2013
The phrase "full of grace" is a translation of the Greek word kecharitomene. This word represents the proper name of the person being addressed by the angel, and it therefore expresses a characteristic quality of Mary. Kecharitomene is a perfect passive participle of charitoo, meaning "to fill or endow with grace." Since this term is in the perfect tense, it indicates a perfection of grace that is both intensive and extensive. This means that the grace Mary enjoyed was not a result of the angel’s visit, and was not only as "full" or strong or complete as possible at any given time, but it extended over the whole of her life, from conception onward. She was in a state of sanctifying grace from the first moment of her existence to have been called "full of grace."

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/immaculate-con...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#455374 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it this way sir, all known historians, scientists, atheist, and even the first couple hundred yrs of Protestanism do not argue against the Catholic Churches claim of compiling the Bible at the council of Hippo in 393 AD and the Council of Carthage in 397 AD and 417 AD.
I want you to pay close attention to the Books put forth for canon on August 28th, 397 AD: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus,Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth,Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, TOBIT,Judith, Esther, Ezra, MACCABEES 1 & 2 and the 27 Books of the current NT.
Tobit and 1 & 2 Maccabees!
This was the authority of the Church that compiled this Bible, and YES Eastern Orthodox were influential in determining the Bible too. But it took a council and an authoritive decision from the Church create a Bible when Christ never commanded it.
Do you see how ignorant one has to be in order to be an Evangelical?
wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_New_Tes...
wikipedia.org/wiki/Councils_of_Carthage
Neither the Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church “gave” the people the Bible. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave us the Bible. The Father out of love gave us Christ, Christ through His suffering gave us salvation, and the Holy Spirit gave us the Bible.
==========

In A.D. 363, THE COUNCIL OF LAODICEA stated that only the Old Testament (along with the Apocrypha) and the 27 books of the New Testament were to be read in the churches.

The COUNCIL OF HIPPO (A.D. 393) AND THE COUNCIL OF CARTHAGE (A.D. 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

The Canon approved by the third Synod of Carthage (397 CE)

The first council that accepted the present New Testament canon was THE SYNOD OF HIPPO Regius in North Africa (393 CE); however, the acts of the council are lost. A brief summary of the acts was read at and accepted by the third Synod of Carthage
The Roman Catholic Church did not issue an authoritative statement about the contents of the Bible until 8 APRIL 1546, WHEN THE COUNCIL OF TRENT, by a vote of twenty-four to fifteen, with sixteen abstentions, declared the writings in Jerome's Latin Vulgate version to be the church's official canon.
==========
FOR THE ORTHODOX, THE RECOGNITION OF THESE WRITINGS AS AUTHORITATIVE WAS FORMALIZED
IN THE SECOND COUNCIL OF TRULLAN OF 692, ALTHOUGH IT WAS NEARLY UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED IN THE MID 300'S.
==========
THE SYNOD OF JERUSALEM[1] IN 1672
DECREED THE GREEK ORTHODOX CANON
WHICH IS THE SAME AS THE ONE DECIDED BY THE COUNCIL OF TRENT
BUT ADDS PSALM 151, 1 ESDRAS, 3 MACCABEES, 4 MACCABEES, AND PRAYER OF MANASSEH
==========

Quesnel, Canada

#455375 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you post Bible verses that are applying to you!!
Your pride won't allow you to see how Protestanism is explicitly defined in Rom 11:17
"And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree..."
Hello Confrint?? How many branches broke off from the Catholic Church? Are you guys not a wild bunch -- each charting your own path thru Christianity!
Bible readers are all USERS of words ... morphing and twisting the words to suit the individual believers.

Confrinting with words just happens to be extra-stupid. He condemns Catholics for what they believe, while he uses the words that of which they approved in the new testament for what he chooses to believe.

It doesn't get more ridiculous that THAT!

Quesnel, Canada

#455376 Jun 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, your ideas are really not yours.
Some are my own and some are words from others.

But I don't follow the words of any theologians as being based on truth.

That is where you and I differ.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#455377 Jun 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do atheist believe they've arrived at atheism thru a superior intelligence....ie they are just smarter than the believers ??
IQ has nothing to do with belief in God.
I suggest you read a book called "Proof of Heaven" about an intelligent Neurosurgeon and atheist who has a NDE. His superior understanding of the brain and review of the data during death, convinced him his brain could not possibly have continued on momentarily with thoughts. Plus, according to him, the next life is way more real than this one. Everyone that has life belongs to God who created it. You can't escape Him. You're eternally bound by the Creator June.
But you don't fool anyone on this forum. We can see you're a spiritual train wreck. And you'd probably believe in God if its weren't for your militant feminism being at odds with a moral Diety!!
Atheists can no more prove by reason or empirical science that there isn't a God than we can prove by reason or empirical science that there is a God. God cannot be measured through these mediums

Quesnel, Canada

#455378 Jun 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree on something who would have thought.
It is pretty silly but I have heard sillier.
It is plain that your myths are silly to others, just as their myths are silly to you.

Once you catch on (if ever you choose TO catch on) to that idea, you will stop placing any importance on your own favorite myths.

But until then, your favorite biblical scriptures will keep you dangling with a noose around your own neck from a non-existent Christian "heaven" ... where incidentally, a Jew would not be caught dead OR alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 2 min Insults Are Easier 120
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Jedi Mind Master 87,819
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min Peter Ross 408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min WildWeirdWillie 184,648
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Jedi Mind Master 977,162
I. .My Somali husband and the impending second ... (Feb '14) 34 min Sir didi 9
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 53 min Dan sky 12
More from around the web