Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688739 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455242 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey little Roman Cly, provide Scripture where Christ My Lord ever called Mary.....mother. Ever!! I believe you will find Jesus calls her "woman".
Indeed scripture records Jesus calling Mary 'Woman'. So I guess under the false banner of sola scripture, you're free to assume He ONLY called her woman His whole life!!

Never mind that the title of 'woman' 2,000 yrs ago was a highly respectable reference vs 20th century American linguistics.... you bible worshipers aren't really interested in that sorta truth are you?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455243 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats Preston, you are better than Mary by 48 days and 12 hrs.
at least, I never thought that he was crazy or had lost his senses like she did at one time. I am teaching you what mary was really about. to bad that you have been brainwashed by your false cult.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455244 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what's with the "Yoda" syntax all of a sudden ("I remember not..."), but throw it out you did.
----------
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did no such thing!!!!
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
<quoted text>
You did no such thing!!!!
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.

That, as you can see, was defining "highly favored".....not "grace"...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455245 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa oh arrogant one, you've proved nothing about infant Baptism from scripture because scripture doesn't address infant Baptism. Scripture doesn't say one way or the other.
However, if you're interested in what the Apostles actually taught about the subject (and obviously you could care less what they taught) you can read the writings of their Disciples and their Disciples! Hence, the word of God protected from error by the Bishops ordained from the Apostles! You see how that works?
You think it all got corrupted by the apostles students, and 1600 yrs later, a Bible was printed for born agains to define the word of God for everybody!!
Rose, steer clear of these false teachers.
No No little Roman liar Cly. You said apostles baptized infants and then you said the first recorded infant baptism was 180-220 AD. Which lie are you going to declare as truth? LOL LOL
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455246 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
One time when Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd proclaimed,“Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed”(Luke 11:27). There was never a better opportunity for Jesus to declare that Mary was indeed worthy of praise and adoration. What was Jesus’ response?“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it”(Luke 11:28). To Jesus, obedience to God’s Word was more important than being the woman who gave birth to the Savior.
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus, or anyone else, direct any praise, glory, or adoration towards Mary. Elizabeth, Mary’s relative, praised Mary in Luke 1:42-44, but her praise is based on the blessing of giving birth to the Messiah. It was not based on any inherent glory in Mary.
Fine, all you gotta do is provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says everything about His Mother is documented in the writings of some of His Apostles.
You can't do it, so why on Earth would you teach it? Seriously, you fraud, don't risk spreading gossip about Our Lords Mom just because you're old and stubborn. You wanna be right so dang bad Mr Gee, you'll risk your soul..

Location hidden

#455247 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me I have never heard anything remotely like this in my Church and its Baptist ..nor on any of the sermons I have listened to on the tv or in any book by a Protestants.
we do not see Mary as important to salvation..That is not scriptural.
But how anyone reading her story cannot find inspirational is beyond me.
And that Mary was a bad MOTHER is ludicrous on its face.
Like God coukd make a mistake in the CHOICE of the mother to His Son????
Please
And not a word I said about this is REFUTED by scripture
lol, you still don't get it do you. the catholics(you included) have made her queen of heaven.

I have shown that she is just a woman, a woman who made mistakes, like all of us. I never ever said she was a bad woman, but I don't worship her, nor did jesus as oldjg just showed by the words of jesus.

a person can still be a good person and still make a mistake occasionally. is that so difficult for u to understand?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455248 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey little Roman Cly, provide Scripture where Christ My Lord ever called Mary.....mother. Ever!! I believe you will find Jesus calls her "woman".
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed scripture records Jesus calling Mary 'Woman'. So I guess under the false banner of sola scripture, you're free to assume He ONLY called her woman His whole life!!
Never mind that the title of 'woman' 2,000 yrs ago was a highly respectable reference vs 20th century American linguistics.... you bible worshipers aren't really interested in that sorta truth are you?
Cly said, quote, "Never mind that the title of 'woman' 2,000 yrs ago was a highly respectable reference vs 20th century American linguistics." End quote.

Let's say this is true. This still does not answer the question why Jesus NEVER called Mary......mom,ma or mother. Are you saying woman and mother have the same meaning?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455249 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>wow! no wonder that you don't know anything about the bible, you were raised as a catholic
So what
I have been a bible believing born again Christian for 13 years.

And I know how to read

And I have been dinged here by Catholics because I do know both sides and history..And by that history ..I think God allowed the Reformation to spread His word in a different manner
Than only through priests.
A whole other subject

So what. You have been saved longer..

Imo you have actual blind spot on Jesus mother.

You may want to look in your own eye about this one.

I don't say worship her.

I am saying as a person in the bible ..whom God chose to be His very own mother..

She was a very brave woman and a saint in the same m e context as born again people refer to others as saints. Who endured things we could nit imagine..And you scorn her.

Are you as strong??

And more importantly she is in heaven and as yet we are not!!!

Location hidden

#455250 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church does not go line-by-line infallibly interpreting the bible. Here's a good explanation;
Rom. 3:23 - Some Protestants use this verse "all have sinned" in an attempt to prove that Mary was also with sin. But "all have sinned " only means that all are subject to original sin. Mary was spared from original sin by God, not herself. The popular analogy is God let us fall in the mud puddle, and cleaned us up afterward through baptism. In Mary's case, God did not let her enter the mud puddle.
Rom. 3:23 - "all have sinned" also refers only to those able to commit sin. This is not everyone. For example, infants, the retarded, and the senile cannot sin.
Rom. 3:23 - finally, "all have sinned," but Jesus must be an exception to this rule. This means that Mary can be an exception as well. Note that the Greek word for all is "pantes."
1 Cor. 15:22 - in Adam all ("pantes") have died, and in Christ all ("pantes") shall live. This proves that "all" does not mean "every single one." This is because not all have died (such as Enoch and Elijah who were taken up to heaven), and not all will go to heaven (because Jesus said so).
Rom. 5:12 - Paul says that death spread to all ("pantes") men. Again, this proves that "all" does not mean "every single one" because death did not spread to all men (as we have seen with Enoch and Elijah).
Rom. 5:19 - here Paul says "many (not all) were made sinners." Paul uses "polloi," not "pantes." Is Paul contradicting what he said in Rom. 3:23? Of course not. Paul means that all are subject to original sin, but not all reject God.
Rom. 3:10-11 - Protestants also use this verse to prove that all human beings are sinful and thus Mary must be sinful. But see Psalm 14 which is the basis of the verse.
Psalm 14 - this psalm does not teach that all humans are sinful. It only teaches that, among the wicked, all are sinful. The righteous continue to seek God.
Psalm 53:1-3 - "there is none that does good" expressly refers to those who have fallen away. Those who remain faithful do good, and Jesus calls such faithful people "good."
Luke 18:19 - Jesus says, "No one is good but God alone." But then in Matt. 12:35, Jesus also says "The good man out of his good treasure..." So Jesus says no one is good but God, and then calls another person good.
Rom. 9:11 - God distinguished between Jacob and Esau in the womb, before they sinned. Mary was also distinguished from the rest of humanity in the womb by being spared by God from original sin.
Luke 1:47 - Mary calls God her Savior. Some Protestants use this to denigrate Mary. Why? Of course God is Mary's Savior! She was freed from original sin in the womb (unlike us who are freed from sin outside of the womb), but needed a Savior as much as the rest of humanity.
Luke 1:48 - Mary calls herself lowly. But any creature is lowly compared to God. For example, in Matt. 11:29, even Jesus says He is lowly in heart. Lowliness is a sign of humility, which is the greatest virtue of holiness, because it allows us to empty ourselves and receive the grace of God to change our sinful lives.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
Can't face the truth and admit it....it means exactly what it says...no need to interpret....no need to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

All is needed is a reasonably intelligent person not afraid of the truth....that eliminates Catholics...

Mary, as all human beings was a sinner....she expressed gratitude for her Savior...sinless people don't need a Savior..

Her "vessel" was soiled by Joseph....many times...she had several more boys and some girls...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#455251 Jun 21, 2013
who="rosesz"
Ok so in s Protestant church we are eating bread and drinking the body and blood.?!
Because Christ said when we do this on Remembrance we are doing as He. Said.

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For THIS IS MY BLOOD of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:29 BUT I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of THIS FRUIT OF THE VINE, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Every provision we have comes from Him; our life, our peace, our joy, our FOOD. "...without Him was NOT anything made that was made."
He said, "This do IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455252 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No No little Roman liar Cly. You said apostles baptized infants and then you said the first recorded infant baptism was 180-220 AD. Which lie are you going to declare as truth? LOL LOL
That wasn't a lie. Anthony provided the quotes from the early Church on infant baptism. The only lie during our exchange was YOU saying infant Baptism was started by Constantine.
Sorry, but one lie eventually shatters everything. That about sums up the abyss of Protestantland.

#455253 Jun 21, 2013
who="rosesz"
She sad. Be it done yo Mr according yo thy word.
It was done ..nothing physical happened between her and the angel. But she wanted it done to her.

The angel did not do it...he just gave her the message. He said, "The Holy Ghost shall come upon you..." No, it was not physical.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#455254 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
please provide a reputable link to prove that the word "woman" was a highly respectable reference.

I used Bing and found nothing to prove that you are being correct. you wouldn't lie now, would u?

#455255 Jun 21, 2013
who="wilderide"
Whether she was impregnated the old-fashioned way or not, the fact remains that she was not asked beforehand. Did God know she would be OK with it? What was preventing God from asking first? Simply doing it and advising her after the fact smacks pretty strongly of misogyny, to say the very least, and possibly rape, at worse.

Hebrew girls were taught to keep themselves pure because one of them would give birth to the Messiah. It was a desired position, and they dreamed that they might be the one.

God sent the angel Gabriel with the message, and Mary gladly agreed; it was her 'dream'.

Rape had nothing to do with it. It was miraculous...not physical.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#455256 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The only other person described in the bible as "full of Grace" using the Greek word "kecharitomene" is Jesus.
What Greek dialect uses "kecharitomene"?

Here are the five main dialects of ancient Greek that have been found on inscriptions. They are divided based on geography, with regional subdivisions. Following the ancient dialects are the other, more modern Greek languages.
1. Attic-Ionic Greek (represented in literature)

Ionic
East Ionic
Central Ionic
West Ionic
Attic (the Greek spoken in Attica, which includes Athens).
2. Achaean

Arcadian
Cyprian
Pamphylian

3. Aeolic (represented in literature)

Lesbian
Thessalian
Boeotian

4. Doric (represented in literature)

Laconian-Heraclean
Messenian
Argolic
Megarian,
Corinthian
Rhodian
Theran-Melian
Coan-Calymnian
Cretan

5. Northwest Greek

Phocian
Locrian
Elean
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455257 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>at least, I never thought that he was crazy or had lost his senses like she did at one time. I am teaching you what mary was really about. to bad that you have been brainwashed by your false cult.
You're teaching that everything about Mary is documented in scripture. So please provide Book Chapter and Verse where Jesus Christ says everything about His Mom is recorded in the Bible?

You can't can ya? You and the other fraud need to be held into account on your false teachings about the Mother of Our Lord. It appears you're drawing conclusions about the integrity of His Mom based on a couple Bible passages. I think it'd be wise for you to admit you over stepped your bounds on this. Of course, we know you and Old Gee are far to consumed with pride to admit error. You'd rather be right than anything. Truth can be a real stinger to the career Minister eh?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455258 Jun 21, 2013
John 19:26, "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!"

The word woman is Strong #G1135---gyne, defined as follows:

1) a woman of any age, whether a virgin, or married, or a widow

2) a wife

a) of a betrothed woman

Where is the respect you mentioned Cly the Roman Guy?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455259 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
One time when Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd proclaimed,“Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed”(Luke 11:27). There was never a better opportunity for Jesus to declare that Mary was indeed worthy of praise and adoration. What was Jesus’ response?“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it”(Luke 11:28). To Jesus, obedience to God’s Word was more important than being the woman who gave birth to the Savior.
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus, or anyone else, direct any praise, glory, or adoration towards Mary. Elizabeth, Mary’s relative, praised Mary in Luke 1:42-44, but her praise is based on the blessing of giving birth to the Messiah. It was not based on any inherent glory in Mary.
And I find no fault with anything you have said.
She was brave ..And she was NOT a bad mother.
And the focus which started this mess was about Jesus being in the temple at 12'
Fir some reason we do not know GOD WANTED JESUS TO be there and NOT ON THE WAY TO Galilee.
Perhaps He caused the confusion on the way home .
I say it is adding to scripture yo call Mary a bad mother because of that.
The focus is Jesus. And His Fathers business.
Imo.
And how many of us coukd stand at the foot if the Cross watching their Son cruelly tortured and killed..
She may not deserve adoration but most certainly respect for saying yes in that time when she knew she coukd face death ...And fir enduring to and beyond the Cross.
And once again we have no idea whatsoever how much she talked with Her Son BEFIRE He went into the world
And at Cana..She knew He was God. And she did Not force Him into anything..as cowboy thinks.
A God Who can raise the dead d I'd nit know beforehand what His mother would ask??
It showed how much He lived her.
And a saint nit to be worshipped..But she US definitely in heaven
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455260 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, all you gotta do is provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says everything about His Mother is documented in the writings of some of His Apostles.
You can't do it, so why on Earth would you teach it? Seriously, you fraud, don't risk spreading gossip about Our Lords Mom just because you're old and stubborn. You wanna be right so dang bad Mr Gee, you'll risk your soul..
My soul is at risk? What does that mean? Gossip? How can it be gossip. This is TRUTH.

If Jesus wanted us to elevate His mother and glorify her why didn't He tell us in His word, the Bible? Jesus actually corrects His mother beginning at the wedding in Cana. John 2:4, "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come." WOW. "What have I to do with thee?"
After Jesus says this to save face Mary tells the servants, notice she does not tell Jesus, but Mary tells the servants in John 2:5, "His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."

#455261 Jun 21, 2013
With all due respect

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

She has nothing to do with our salvation...Just as John Baptist was the forerunner of Christ

She was a necessary supporting actor on the stage in

the event/drama of the arrival of Christ on earth...

SHE DID NOT BRE OUR GRIEFS
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs,

SHE DID NOT CARRY OUR SORROWS
and carried our sorrows:

SHE WAS NOT... BELIEVED TO BE.. STRICKEN, SMITTEN OF GOD AND AFFLICTED
yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

SHE WAS NOT WOUNDED FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS...
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions,

SHE WAS NOT BRUISED FOR OUR INIQUITIES...
he was bruised for our iniquities:

THE CHASTISEMENT OF OUR PEACE WAS NOT UPON HER...
the chastisement of our peace was upon him;

SHE DID NOT BEAR THE STRIPES FOR OUR HEALING
and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way;
GOD DID NOT LAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD UPON MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS WAS AN INSTRUMENT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IN THE HANDS OF GOD...

AFTER HER TASK WAS FINISH IN BIRTHING JESUS ....SHE WAS A NORMAL MOTHER AND HOUSEWIFE TO HER HUSBAND JOSEPH .

SHE GAVE BIRTH TO A LARGE FAMILY

HER CHILDREN'S NAME GIVEN IN MATTHEW 6:3 ARE

JESUS---James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and HIS SISTERS ...

SHE WAS A VIRGIN WHEN JESUS WAS BORN...THEN EVIDENTLY

A VIRTUOUS WOMAN TILL HER DEATH.

AS FOR HER NEGLECTING JESUS (AT THE AGE OF TWELVE)

SHE PROBABLY HAD OTHER BABIES TO TAKE CARE OF, AND JESUS GOT LOST LEFT BEHIND UNINTENTIONALLY...IN THE
EXCITEMENT OF IT ALL...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Jack in the Box 37,009
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 17 min hmmmm 32
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min bongodolt 988,478
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Here For Now 619,812
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr biblewipes 6,547
EXPOSING: The Clintons And The Russians 5 hr Big Truth 1
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 5 hr Big Truth 2
More from around the web