Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670668 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455179 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said its conjecture..But Gamalieil was already an important teacher when Jesus was crucified. He was teacher if Paul..So older.
He could have been there us my point.
WE ONLY KNOW THAT JESUS WAS THERE DOING HIS FATHERS business.
GOD obviously wanted Him left behind that day !!!!
Jesus does NOT LIE.
I really don't care who else was in the TEMPLE .JESUS was . God wanted Him there.
Inadvertently Mary and Joseph were doing HIS WILL.
She was NOT a bad mother. And a lot braver to do what she did than all if us put together .
Did she ever sin ..most likely ..But she was at the foot if that Cross.
Talk about being washed in His blood ..He was her Son.
And God's
Mary was not filled with the Holy Ghost until the 50 th day. unlike His Apostles who were filled much earlier
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455180 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off the lake!!
I did. I barely made it to the highway and all hell broke loose. Literally the leaves were swirling in the air behind me . I out ran it and am waiting it out in Forest Lake. Wow. I hope you're ok and everyone else in the metro area. Any trees down at you House?

Location hidden

#455181 Jun 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't payy mich attention to someone who doesn't even know the difference between "there" and "their".
I type fast and I make mistakes. however if you heard me preaching, and I used that word, you wouldn't know which spelling was used.LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455182 Jun 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is odd, that only Catholics call others 'bigots'. I wonder why?
Isn't that still judging, when they shouldn't be?
It doesn't matter to me what they call me, but I do hope they just don't call me, "late for dinner!"
:o)
I am thinking that maybe some of 'em got held under the water too long...

Location hidden

#455183 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI. I think non Catholics,are taught that Mary was,a,faithful woman doing Gods will.And NITHING mire specifically to avoid the whole worship of Mary thing
all that I have said has went RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD.

I have proved that Mary was not sinless as the catholic infer, that she was mortal and she made mistakes.

if you infer more than that, you are as ignorant as the catholics on here. and are only trying to start trouble and are not interested in the Truth

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455184 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I type fast and I make mistakes. however if you heard me preaching, and I used that word, you wouldn't know which spelling was used.LOL
True. That is why you should always get everything in "writing"(signed).
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455185 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI. I think non Catholics,are taught that Mary was,a,faithful woman doing Gods will.And NITHING mire specifically to avoid the whole worship of Mary thing
I personally feel she was the bravest woman in the bible..She probably was,greatly scorned and had Joseph not been visited by the Angel she woukd have been killed.
It's possible to me she was saved by the Holy Spirit who came THat day she conceived..Or through her Son before He ever preached a word..in public
She knew the law if the time but TRUSTED GOD with a pure faith that it would work. According to. His will.
S he took a long trip on a donkey no less close to term God's plan .while very pregnant
Fulfilled scriptures but she did it in obedience.
SHE raised Him as AJew but knew something bad was in His future that I am sure haunted her since she had been told a,sword woukd pierce her.
She had to humor e her other children because they at first did nit believe in Him. And maybe over time helped make them believers
She helped in His work ..And she suffered at th e CROSS as no other could have. He was her CHILD ..She was Not a surrogate
THE SEED OF THE WOMAN would Crush the head if the SERPENT..HER SEED ..wholly human and wholly divine US what Jesus is.
Was she ever virgin .I BELIEVE she was a true wife to Joseph. JosephAFTER JESUS was born and had other children such as James ..A great church father.
Whatever she was,she was His mother. And God saw fit to give her this honor over all the women in the world. And whereas a,VIRGIN WHEN SHE CONCEIVED HIM
And none if what I just Saud goes against against anything written in the bible.
I have Said before..We can ask h e r if it's important enough when we see her ..me. I want to know about what He was like as a child..
None if thus conjecture has anything to do with salvation though the Saving Blood of our LORD.
and I take it back ..the bravest person other than Jesus in the bible..No man could suffer as she did except Her Son
Thank you Rose. Your sincerity is very much appreciated.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455186 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Mary was not filled with the Holy Ghost until the 50 th day. unlike His Apostles who were filled much earlier
How do we know. I thought the Spirit gave them all the courage to speak on that day..

But Mary spent years with Jesus we know nothing.about and She knew Who He was ..you don't think He talked to her about His,Father..Really.

We cannot proclaim things but we can use common sense.
In His first miracle..How did she know. HE could help. And he told her His ministry had nit started yet..

Did she shout out. Ministry..preaching..what on earth do you mean ??

Of course not..She knew he could do the impossible..She knew He was God's Son and would be about his business..you honestly think hid preaching was new to her??

That His thoughts surprised her??

Common sense cowboy..And scripture.

And unlike anyone else she had already had an encountering the HOLY SPIRIT.

Do how do you know the apostles were saved and Spirit filled BEFIRE she was..

You are going to great length to be against n st Mary Worship.
I am with you ..and she did not co redeem us ..with you there.

But don't bend scripture yo discount His mother..chosen by God .
It's unseemly Imo
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455187 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. I barely made it to the highway and all hell broke loose. Literally the leaves were swirling in the air behind me . I out ran it and am waiting it out in Forest Lake. Wow. I hope you're ok and everyone else in the metro area. Any trees down at you House?
We had heavy rain in the north suburbs but no high winds. Trees are good, no damage, but lots of water. Glad to hear your safe.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455188 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Rose. Your sincerity is very much appreciated.
Hopefully we will be ABle to ask her.

It has taken some doing in my brain and heart to come to this based on scripture...

As I was in Sodality as a child ..

It's confusing but nothing I said goes against any protestant born again teaching either.

We shall see..!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455189 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Mary was not filled with the Holy Ghost until the 50 th day. unlike His Apostles who were filled much earlier
She was grace filled at her conception and filled with the Holy Spirit at the Annunciation.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455190 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>all that I have said has went RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD.
I have proved that Mary was not sinless as the catholic infer, that she was mortal and she made mistakes.
if you infer more than that, you are as ignorant as the catholics on here. and are only trying to start trouble and are not interested in the Truth
I never said she was sinless...

I am not trying to cause trouble..saying what I believe is true and scriptural as a born again believer .

Just saying maybe you.should reread about the 12year old Jesus eith the focus,on Him as another poster commented.

Did both parent s make an honest mistake that day..sure..But maybe it was GOD'S PLAN for them to do.So..

Remember It. Was His Fathers business.

I cannot believe that you do not get that.

It's not like they left Him on purpose tonight friends and fool.around the o wing stones at the tourists .

HE WAS IN HIS FATHERS HOUSE

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455191 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>all that I have said has went RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD.
One more thing..do you think if you were s peasant Jewish girls in that time and place ..you would have that courage. And endure as she did??

I know I am not that strong .

Location hidden

#455192 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She was grace filled at her conception and filled with the Holy Spirit at the Annunciation.
the Acts of the Apostles doesn't agree with that lie.

Mary along with her other sons were in the upper room where they all were filled with the Holy Ghost.

And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Descent of the Holy Spirit
Acts 2:1-4

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

all of your catholic lies can be rebuted by the Bible.lol

Location hidden

#455193 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing..do you think if you were s peasant Jewish girls in that time and place ..you would have that courage. And endure as she did??
I know I am not that strong .
what made her different than any other women. she had a baby, so have other billion of women. get real or get some intelligence.

the baby was what was important, not the surrogate mother. as Jesus made that plain thru the written Word.

after she was filled with the Holy ghost and Saved, she is never mentioned again.

Location hidden

#455194 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
look at this lie.

Therefore, not doubting the word of Godlike Zachary, but filled with fear and astonishment, she said: "How shall this be done, because I know not man?"

The angel to remove Mary's anxiety and to assure her that her virginity would be spared, answered: "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

AT NO TIME IS GABE TELLING HER THAT SHE SHALL BE A VIRGIN FOREVER IN THOSE FEW WORDS THAT HE SPOKE TO HER.

it is pathetic to read and see the lies that people like Anthony and clay, with Dan tell on this forum

Location hidden

#455195 Jun 21, 2013
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01541c.htm

forgot the link, hope you remember the lies.

Since 1889 Holzmann and many Protestant writers have tried to show that the verses Luke 1:34-35, containing the message of conception through the Holy Ghost are interpolated. Usener derives the origin of the "myth" from the heathen hero worship; but Harnack tries to prove that it is of Judaic origin (Isaiah 7:14, Behold a Virgin shall conceive,

actually the Hebrew does not say this. it says a young maid shall have a child. however in hindsight(which is perfect 20-20), we know that Mary was a virgin as a young maiden.

the word is Almah, it is a Hebrew word meaning a young woman of childbearing age who has not yet had a child, and who may be an unmarried virgin or a married young woman.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#455196 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at this lie.
Therefore, not doubting the word of Godlike Zachary, but filled with fear and astonishment, she said: "How shall this be done, because I know not man?"
The angel to remove Mary's anxiety and to assure her that her virginity would be spared, answered: "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."
AT NO TIME IS GABE TELLING HER THAT SHE SHALL BE A VIRGIN FOREVER IN THOSE FEW WORDS THAT HE SPOKE TO HER.
it is pathetic to read and see the lies that people like Anthony and clay, with Dan tell on this forum
All of the worlds problems are the result of Catholicism. 11 crusades, inquisitions, false teachings, supporting wars.........ww1 and ww2, both sides were catholic people......hypocracy. Babylonish teachings....the world will soon turn against Catholicism and destroy it completely in fire. It does///has not ever represented the true God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455197 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Acts of the Apostles doesn't agree with that lie.
Mary along with her other sons were in the upper room where they all were filled with the Holy Ghost.
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Descent of the Holy Spirit
Acts 2:1-4
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
all of your catholic lies can be rebuted by the Bible.lol
Actually she received the Holy Spirit 3 times, the first at her conception, the second at the Annunciation, and third in the upper room. And she isn't the only one to receive the Holy Spirit more than once. Don't feel bad Preston, you may one day receive the gift as well, but you'll need to be knocked down a peg or two beforehand.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455198 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at this lie.
As I said, she received the Holy Spirit at the Annunciation as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 101,549
Pass ETG itone test for alcohol metabolite 63 h... 53 min Mooblie99 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 980,359
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Ricky F 184,343
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 7 hr WantsOldnFat 457
What's the most embarrassing thing you have done? (Dec '15) 9 hr Slick 28
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,687
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,267
More from around the web