Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665064 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455158 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're letting off her a little. Make up your mind. Earlier you posted about Mary abandoning Jesus and how she'd be asserted under todays laws....
Is Our Lords Mother a criminal or not? Don't run away Pastor. You said it...
I have showed you that Mary was not perfect nor sinless as you catholics lie about her.

she made a mistake that today would and possibly have her sent to prison.

I don't back off of that and why should I? it is the truth.

show me where she was sinless, where does the bible confirm that? I have read, taught and preached the Bible for almost 30 years, and what I read about her, she leaves Him alone, she is outside the gate while he is preaching, but think God when he arose, and on that 50th day after Him Arisisng, she was filled with the Holy Ghost in that Upper Room along with his Brothers.

Location hidden

#455159 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit side stepping Preston.
Why do you base your entire image of her on that episode?
Most most would say that's Biblical recklessness.
show us where God elevated mary to be queen of heaven. I show you Biblical truths about her. your cult makes up lies.lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455160 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
:)
So Jehovah told you to preach your version of Christianity, and told you direct that he would save you for your efforts?
You are nuttier than a fruitcake.
He saved me first, then told me to preach HIS version of the Gospel. Salvation IS A GIFT.
I love pecans and walnuts. He made them, and they are VERY nutritious.(Maybe you need some...deficient, you know.)
KayMarie
You are what you eat...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455161 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop here.
"This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate"
According to whom was it "mis-translated"? I'll need a citation here and not from an anonymous website or preacher.
Thanks
This is your problem....Greek is not necessarily Greek!!!! None of these dialects have any application to the NT..

Here are the five main dialects of ancient Greek that have been found on inscriptions. They are divided based on geography, with regional subdivisions. Following the ancient dialects are the other, more modern Greek languages.
1. Attic-Ionic Greek (represented in literature)

Ionic
East Ionic
Central Ionic
West Ionic
Attic (the Greek spoken in Attica, which includes Athens).
2. Achaean

Arcadian
Cyprian
Pamphylian

3. Aeolic (represented in literature)

Lesbian
Thessalian
Boeotian

4. Doric (represented in literature)

Laconian-Heraclean
Messenian
Argolic
Megarian,
Corinthian
Rhodian
Theran-Melian
Coan-Calymnian
Cretan

5. Northwest Greek

Phocian
Locrian
Elean

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455162 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Anthony.
wow, I just came around the island on White Bear Lake and looked at the sky! I guess I ought to get off topix and get the boat out of the water!! That looks like tornado stuff!
Ugh be careful..

Location hidden

#455163 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry cowboy but in this you are scoring one for the Catholics..Imo
Injecting whatever your ideas on Mary are.
Yes she and Joseph thought HE WAS WITH others that day..when they looked fir Him THAT day He was nit among them ..They went back.
And found Him doing Gods,business as stated..GOD wanted this..He allowed fir this .We don't know why..But structurally here you are wrong. Sorry
Ok on Gids,plan. I REPEAT
]Now here is some real conjecture for us.
Who were.these men in the temple??
We're they important for Jesus to meet??
We know of a few who might have been around then.
GAMALIEL, who was a great Jewish s leader later on.and one who did NOT persecute Christians.
Do you know his father's name?? It was SIMEON..coukd he b e the same Simeon who saw Jesus as a,baby
What about Joseph of Arimethea..might he have been there.
Everything in the bible has meaning.
And the meaning of this instance in time is NOT that Mary was a bad mother..nor Joseph a bad dad.
It is that GOD WANTED JESUS TO BE IN THE TEMPLE SHIWING HIS. KNOWLEDGE AND DOING HIS FATHERS WORK.
you don't have a clue as who was there or who was not. Gamaliel come on the scene 30 years or more LATER. SO DONT PROJECT. STICK WITH WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.

NOR IS IT IMPORTANT.

MOTHERS HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO SAFEGUARD THEIR CHILDREN. AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE. SHE LEFT HIM.AND TEHRE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT.

Location hidden

#455164 Jun 21, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No she was just a highly favoured bad Mother. lol
"It is permissible, on Greek grammatical and linguistic grounds, to paraphrase kecharitomene as completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace." (Blass and DeBrunner, Greek Grammar of the New Testament).
However, Luke 1:28 uses a special conjugated form of "charitoo." It uses "kecharitomene," while Ephesians 1:6 uses "echaritosen," which is a different form of the verb "charitoo." Echaritosen means "he graced" (or bestowed grace). Echaritosen signifies a momentary action, an action brought to pass (Blass and DeBrunner, Greek Grammar of the New Testament, p. 166). Whereas, Kecharitomene, the perfect passive participle, shows a completeness with a permanent result. Kecharitomene denotes continuance of a completed action (H. W. Smyth, Greek Grammar [Harvard Univ Press, 1968], p. 108-109, sec 1852:b; also Blass and DeBrunner, p. 175).
Preston is an idiot but have fun arguing with him and the rest of these snakes. Protestants in here go to great lengths to smear Mary I guess that is there way of interpeting she shall be called blessed. They will continue to lie that the church teaches she did not need a saviour no matter how many times you show them its not the case. You cannot teach the blind who willfully lie.
We don't payy mich attention to someone who doesn't even know the difference between "there" and "their".

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#455165 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God never told Adam if he ate from the tree that every future generation of his children would be cursed. He was told that he would die. Which, in any case, turned out to be false anyway.
And if "God" is omniscient, or even omnipresent, why didn't "He" stop the snake?

It just doesn't add up.

Oh wait, yes it does - it adds up to being the imagination of men or reference to some sort of symbolic meaning. I state that, because as history shows, as humans developed speech from grunting, symbolism also developed in parallel.
- We see symbols being used in some of the latger cultures throughout the world - by comparing hieroglyphs (Mayan, Aztec, Incan, Egyptian, Hindus, as well as Hopi).

All over the world - pre-Christianity, pre-Judaism.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#455166 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In that post I was joking with you.
I know.

Albuquerque, NM

#455167 Jun 21, 2013
BTW wilder - the last statement was not directed to you, but to the forum in general. Sorry if it sounded to be that way, it wasn't intended to be so.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#455168 Jun 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose "I don't believe in your deity" means?
I guess to that means I am a bigot.
You should really purchase a dictionary. If you do look up the word "bigot".
It is odd, that only Catholics call others 'bigots'. I wonder why?

Isn't that still judging, when they shouldn't be?

It doesn't matter to me what they call me, but I do hope they just don't call me, "late for dinner!"

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#455169 Jun 21, 2013
truth wrote:
then don't respect law
who try control what?????????
Self.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455170 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Anthony.
wow, I just came around the island on White Bear Lake and looked at the sky! I guess I ought to get off topix and get the boat out of the water!! That looks like tornado stuff!
Get off the lake!!

Albuquerque, NM

#455171 Jun 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
One is not saved by faith, or faith and works. One is saved by God's Grace. It is through faith in Christ one is saved, and thus one exhibits works comparable to one's faith.
Also one who is saved does wander off the path(the way), but repentance is available. And the sooner one realizes, and resolves the issue of sin, the better it is for one and all.
What you are not taking into account is that a person can be led by God, if one so wills it in their life. It is part of the Lord's Prayer...,"Thy will be done...." And again, the sooner this is done, the better it is for one and all.
"One is saved by God's Grace. It is through faith in Christ one is saved, and thus one exhibits works comparable to one's faith."

- which is Self

"Also one who is saved does wander off the path(the way), but repentance is available. And the sooner one realizes, and resolves the issue of sin, the better it is for one and all."

- which is Self

"What you are not taking into account is that a person can be led by God, if one so wills it in their life."

- which is Self

You'll promote Self, like Jesus, but yet you don't believe Jesus when he teaches about it.

Why do you follow men?

Albuquerque, NM

#455172 Jun 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
Adam first died spiritually, as he disobeyed God, and ran away. I hope you see the truth in going away from God, means death.
Later he died physically.
We all will die - physically.

To live in a spiritual form is yet to be proven to many.

No religion is required.

Albuquerque, NM

#455173 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
BECAUSE YOU ARE BASING YOUR ENTIRE IMAGE OF MARY ON WHAT WAS DOCUMENTED IN THE NT. THEREFORE, I SUGGEST YOU FIRST DEMONSTRATE THAT CHRIST COMMANDED EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS MOTHER AND HIS MINISTRY IS DOCUMENTED IN THE LETTERS AND MEMOIRS OF HALF OF HIS 12 APOSTLES!!
Prove Sola scripture Preston or you guys are hosed. I shout in all Caps too.
Believe me or not, you've just taken the first steps to being honest with others, with this statement....
"I SUGGEST YOU FIRST DEMONSTRATE THAT CHRIST COMMANDED EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS MOTHER AND HIS MINISTRY IS DOCUMENTED >>>IN THE LETTERS AND MEMOIRS OF HALF OF HIS 12 APOSTLES<<<"

All you need to do now is accept his other Apostles as valid, and you should be on your way to an astonishment you won't find through the teachings of men.

I'm rooting for you!

Albuquerque, NM

#455174 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mary was not paying attention. that is intent. her attention was on the things of this world not Jesus Christ or she wouldnt have left Him.
as Christians, we don't by [mistake] walk away from Jesus, and backslide. it is [intent]ional.
sorry that is over your head but I have tried to make it simple so you can understand that I present Mary as a normal human being ,not some supernatural goddess
are you referencing "symbolism" in your interpretation of the text?

Hmmmm.....opinion at best.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455175 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Most protestants don't harbor such ill will towards Mary, I think they truly misunderstand Catholic teaching. In Preston's case, I think he has some unresolved issues with his own mother.
FYI. I think non Catholics,are taught that Mary was,a,faithful woman doing Gods will.And NITHING mire specifically to avoid the whole worship of Mary thing

I personally feel she was the bravest woman in the bible..She probably was,greatly scorned and had Joseph not been visited by the Angel she woukd have been killed.

It's possible to me she was saved by the Holy Spirit who came THat day she conceived..Or through her Son before He ever preached a word..in public

She knew the law if the time but TRUSTED GOD with a pure faith that it would work. According to. His will.

S he took a long trip on a donkey no less close to term God's plan .while very pregnant
Fulfilled scriptures but she did it in obedience.

SHE raised Him as AJew but knew something bad was in His future that I am sure haunted her since she had been told a,sword woukd pierce her.

She had to humor e her other children because they at first did nit believe in Him. And maybe over time helped make them believers

She helped in His work ..And she suffered at th e CROSS as no other could have. He was her CHILD ..She was Not a surrogate

THE SEED OF THE WOMAN would Crush the head if the SERPENT..HER SEED ..wholly human and wholly divine US what Jesus is.

Was she ever virgin .I BELIEVE she was a true wife to Joseph. JosephAFTER JESUS was born and had other children such as James ..A great church father.

Whatever she was,she was His mother. And God saw fit to give her this honor over all the women in the world. And whereas a,VIRGIN WHEN SHE CONCEIVED HIM

And none if what I just Saud goes against against anything written in the bible.

I have Said before..We can ask h e r if it's important enough when we see her ..me. I want to know about what He was like as a child..
None if thus conjecture has anything to do with salvation though the Saving Blood of our LORD.

and I take it back ..the bravest person other than Jesus in the bible..No man could suffer as she did except Her Son

Location hidden

#455177 Jun 21, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She sad. Be it done yo Mr according yo thy word.
It was done ..nothing physical happened between her and the angel. But she wanted it done to her.
Odd.
That is the attitude of all narcissistic rapists and abusers.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455178 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you don't have a clue as who was there or who was not. Gamaliel come on the scene 30 years or more LATER. SO DONT PROJECT. STICK WITH WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.
NOR IS IT IMPORTANT.
MOTHERS HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO SAFEGUARD THEIR CHILDREN. AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE. SHE LEFT HIM.AND TEHRE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT.
I said its conjecture..But Gamalieil was already an important teacher when Jesus was crucified. He was teacher if Paul..So older.

He could have been there us my point.

WE ONLY KNOW THAT JESUS WAS THERE DOING HIS FATHERS business.

GOD obviously wanted Him left behind that day !!!!

Jesus does NOT LIE.

I really don't care who else was in the TEMPLE .JESUS was . God wanted Him there.

Inadvertently Mary and Joseph were doing HIS WILL.

She was NOT a bad mother. And a lot braver to do what she did than all if us put together .

Did she ever sin ..most likely ..But she was at the foot if that Cross.
Talk about being washed in His blood ..He was her Son.

And God's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Jedi Mind Master 977,156
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Rider on the Storm 87,809
The Future of Politics in America 8 min It aint necessari... 117
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 19 min Dan sky 12
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 25 min Truthiness 405
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 35 min gundee123 1,206
Bruce Lee practising Wing Chun in San Francisco 41 min andrewsmith85 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Rider on the Storm 184,647
More from around the web