Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596479 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454928 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
<quoted text>
This word, "kecharitomene" may be Greek but does not appear in any Bible I have ever read. Strong has no number for this word. This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate.
The word used in REAL Christian Bibles is G5487 - CHARITOO, which when translated has these meanings.....
to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable, to peruse with grace, compass with favour, to honour with blessings
The word CHARITOO only appears in the Christian Bible in two places. This word applies to the expressions captialized and in parentheses.
Luke 1:28, "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou (THAT ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED), the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Ephesians 1:6, "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein (HE HATH MADE) us accepted in the beloved."
If a Roman Catholic has issues they should locate a real Bible and read it. Not the Roman Catholic version of their so-called bible.
Stop here.

"This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate"

According to whom was it "mis-translated"? I'll need a citation here and not from an anonymous website or preacher.

Thanks

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454929 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All humanity bears original sin.
Part of the human condition. Not sure "just" enters into it.
The word sin came from archery and didn't have any association with evil and a devil until Christianity got a hold on that word to defame it.

Originally the word sin simply meant in archery to "miss the mark."

Prince George, Canada

#454930 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is one book, written by one author to one people. The Bible was written by God thru human hands to those born again.
To those not "born again" the following Bible verses apply. These are not my words but the Word of God. Amen.
I Corinthians 1:18, "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
II Corinthians 2:15, "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing,"
II Corinthians 4:3, "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing."
II Thessalonians 2:10, " and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."
More scripture-slinging nonsense.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454931 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't just see Jesus, I receive Him in the most intimate way humanly possible. And thanks for your prayers.
JESUS SAID ...

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
~~~

Jesus did not deviate from the fathers commandments as Adam and eve did..

when the brought the curse of sin upon the earth...

The evangelical church has striven to keep God's commandments and take the Church back to it's original relationship with God, as it was in it inception...(it"s birth at Calvary's cross)

The Roman Catholics have chosen to keep God's commandments

if it fits

their ungodly agenda...and strengthens their assumed dominion

...as the one truly apostate religious system on earth..

It has it's own book called the Catechism..they Catacize converts

instead of buiding faith in Jesus that comes by hearing God's word.

Their dynasty in Rome is their first love....and Christ Jesus GOD ONLY SON

is

relegated some where in MIDST OF

their Lil gods such as Mary Joseph and patron

saints..ETC..

THE FORM OF GODLINESS RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND CALISTHENICS CANNOT BE FOUND

IN THE BIBLE...

SO THEY MAKE AN ALL OUT EFFORT TO DISCREDIT IT .

Their hope of eternal life with Christ as faithless as a game of bingo

If their number comes up they are saved...

Yet thy claim to be God's only true apostolic church...

Is it no a wonder that the earth is in the condition that it it is with

over 2 billion souls that have no certain hope of eternal life?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454932 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism doesn't remit sins committed; it remits Original Sin.
If you don't believe in it, that's fine.
So baptism removes "original sin"? Really? If so, who do you keep on sinning after your baptism if the sin is removed?

The term “original sin” deals with Adam’s sin of disobedience in eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and its effects upon the rest of the human race. Original sin can be defined as “that sin and its guilt that we all possess in God’s eyes as a direct result of Adam’s sin in the Garden of Eden.” The doctrine of original sin focuses particularly on its effects on our nature and our standing before God, even before we are old enough to commit conscious sin.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454933 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word sin came from archery and didn't have any association with evil and a devil until Christianity got a hold on that word to defame it.
Originally the word sin simply meant in archery to "miss the mark."
"Missing the mark" covers it.

Prince George, Canada

#454934 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like a dog with a bone.
Religion makes people into right-fighters.

You ALL want to be the only special ones in the eyes of the SAME supposed god.

How ridiculous and childish!

Prince George, Canada

#454935 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID ...
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
~~~
Jesus did not deviate from the fathers commandments as Adam and eve did..
when the brought the curse of sin upon the earth...
The evangelical church has striven to keep God's commandments and take the Church back to it's original relationship with God, as it was in it inception...(it"s birth at Calvary's cross)
The Roman Catholics have chosen to keep God's commandments
if it fits
their ungodly agenda...and strengthens their assumed dominion
...as the one truly apostate religious system on earth..
It has it's own book called the Catechism..they Catacize converts
instead of buiding faith in Jesus that comes by hearing God's word.
Their dynasty in Rome is their first love....and Christ Jesus GOD ONLY SON
is
relegated some where in MIDST OF
their Lil gods such as Mary Joseph and patron
saints..ETC..
THE FORM OF GODLINESS RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND CALISTHENICS CANNOT BE FOUND
IN THE BIBLE...
SO THEY MAKE AN ALL OUT EFFORT TO DISCREDIT IT .
Their hope of eternal life with Christ as faithless as a game of bingo
If their number comes up they are saved...
Yet thy claim to be God's only true apostolic church...
Is it no a wonder that the earth is in the condition that it it is with
over 2 billion souls that have no certain hope of eternal life?
My poem fits like a glove for you

I swing those scriptures to and fro
High-de-High and away I go

I demand I own the truth
You are just a useless sleuth

Judgment day is coming soon
I've been advised that you are doomed

I preached and preached that you would go free
From the devil's grasp if you listened to me

But you ignored my prophetic vision
You choose the path of lost derision

God knows best, but I know too
That God loves me and the Devil loves you

#454936 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they get Confirmed. At age 13-14.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"
you wrote

they get Confirmed. At age 13-14.

CONFIRMED TO WHAT?

WHERE DOES JESUS TEACH ..BEING CONFIRMED.?.

GIVE BOOK... CHAPTER ...AND VERSE ..PLEASE...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#454937 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Now demonstrate to us ..how that you separate GOD'S WORD FROM HIMSELF
One point to make would be, no "God" to substantiate what was written by men. So one could actually make this point to say, "God" is separated from the words "He" supposedly uttered.

But I don't believe "He" uttered a single word.

So in essence, your question is unfounded.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454938 Jun 21, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Jesus is the Word, not your leather bound KJV.
None of these verses say the bible is God. You can try and smoke screen people with hundreds of scripture passages, that might work with dim-witted hayseeds, but not me. Sorry.
If you had a letter from your mother, would you tell people that you had never heard from her? No, the letter would not BE your mother, but if you love/trust/respect your mother, her letter would be dear to you, and you would believe her message.
KM
Yes, but the letter is not my mother. Preston, and presumably your husband, contend that it WOULD be my mother.

Albuquerque, NM

#454939 Jun 21, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I wouldn't worship either. Are you of the same mindset as Preston? Has the bible become your idol?
God I worship...but I am SO grateful for His Word that He has given us, and EXTREMELY grateful that He has allowed us the privilege to READ/study what He has to say.
KayMarie
Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#454940 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not able to seperate paper and ink from God?
Yes you can.

I just did it.

You'll have to prove that ink and paper of "of God".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454941 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>show us the verse and post the complete sentence in greek to prove your words.
as I have said, only two places in the NT are the words' full of grace" appearing and neither is in reference to mary.
and kecharitomene is not the phrase used referencing Steven and Jesus as I have told Dan on this forum. that word means highly favored and mary was, to be chosen to be used by God as a surrogate mother for Jesus is a tremendous blessing.
steven was "full of grace' on the day that he was stoned to death. but he was not a sinless person as Jesus Himself was and is.
steven was a sinner saved by Grace, like every Born Again Christian
John 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and came to dwell among us; and we had sight of his glory, glory such as belongs to the Father’s only-begotten Son, full of grace and truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#454942 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Christians that idolize word-images won't try to answer my questions.
In reference to Catholic theology ... why would Peter the first pope who supposedly followed the counsel of Jesus create a "Christian" community ... if Jesus was a faithful Jew to Judaism???
WHY???
This is where your thinking is in error - Jesus never taught Judaism, he only used it as a reference....and even then, only referred to parts of the OT/Torah.

Jesus, if you were to read all of his teachings, you will find that he teaches about the transcendence of the "Spirit".

Nothing more, and nothing less.

70 years? You are not selling yourself very well.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454943 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
<quoted text>
This word, "kecharitomene" may be Greek but does not appear in any Bible I have ever read. Strong has no number for this word. This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate.
The word used in REAL Christian Bibles is G5487 - CHARITOO, which when translated has these meanings.....
to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable, to peruse with grace, compass with favour, to honour with blessings
The word CHARITOO only appears in the Christian Bible in two places. This word applies to the expressions captialized and in parentheses.
Luke 1:28, "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou (THAT ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED), the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Ephesians 1:6, "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein (HE HATH MADE) us accepted in the beloved."
If a Roman Catholic has issues they should locate a real Bible and read it. Not the Roman Catholic version of their so-called bible.
King James's guys translated right, but St. Jerome got it wrong. Gotcha.

Albuquerque, NM

#454944 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Is the Bible truly God's Word?
----------
Subscribe to our Question of the Week
----------
Bible God Word
Question: "Is the Bible truly God's Word?"
Answer: Our answer to this question will not only determine how we view the Bible and its importance to our lives, but also it will ultimately have an eternal impact on us. If the Bible is truly God’s Word, then we should cherish it, study it, obey it, and fully trust it. If the Bible is the Word of God, then to dismiss it is to dismiss God Himself.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.ht...
"IF" -- "IF" -- "IF"

Self.

And I disagree - the Bible is not the word of "God", but only of men.

Albuquerque, NM

#454945 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You need cult-deprogramming ... BIG TIME!
Is that what happened to you after 70 years? Deprogrammed?

How?

By whom?

What process?

#454946 Jun 21, 2013
who="Dan"
I'm not sure what's with the "Yoda" syntax all of a sudden ("I remember not..."), but throw it out you did.
----------
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did no such thing!!!!
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

Don't blame him. It's a feverish disease that comes from D.C., and it's highly catching. None of them remember anything...

KayMarie

Location hidden

#454947 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:5 relates Christ teaching the necessity of and matter of (water) Baptism.
Matthew 28 18:19(below) relates Christ teaching the Form of Baptism:
18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,
All this is IN the Catholic Encyclopedia you excerpted. Very lazy, Ox.
Not lazy...can't find the Scripture you are quoting....

I am looking in: Baptism

One of the Seven Sacraments of the Christian Church; frequently called the "first sacrament", the "door of the sacraments", and the "door of the Church". The subject will be treated under the following headings:

Where are you finding your info??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min An NFL Fan 177,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min End Times 612,632
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 855,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Fired--Up 2,651
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min Kid_Tomorrow 5,842
Domestic Slave Camps Activated 19 min Sanjay 1
The Christian Atheist debate 24 min -Alan S Shole- 1,029
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web