Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653990 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#454991 Jun 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_ (mythology)
The Sumerians were around alot earlier than the entymology you use.
I was referring to how the Christians took the word sin from "archery" and replaced it with meanings of evil.

Words have a very LONG corrupted history.

And of course to brag that a god spoke in someone's ear was corruption from the beginning, as that was also only some nitwit's THEORY.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454992 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Book Chapter and verse that says the Bible is one Book.
Show us Book, chapter and verse that tells us which Books are Biblical?
Sounds like you're another Bible worshiper like Confrint and Preston.
Ironically, y'all been accusing us of idolatry for 3 yrs now and this whole time you were the guilty ones!
Cly, if we drew you a picture you still would not understand. Why? Here is why.

I Corinthians 1:18, "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

II Corinthians 2:15, "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing,"

II Corinthians 4:3, "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing."

II Thessalonians 2:10, " and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454993 Jun 21, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No she was just a highly favoured bad Mother. lol
"It is permissible, on Greek grammatical and linguistic grounds, to paraphrase kecharitomene as completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace." (Blass and DeBrunner, Greek Grammar of the New Testament).
However, Luke 1:28 uses a special conjugated form of "charitoo." It uses "kecharitomene," while Ephesians 1:6 uses "echaritosen," which is a different form of the verb "charitoo." Echaritosen means "he graced" (or bestowed grace). Echaritosen signifies a momentary action, an action brought to pass (Blass and DeBrunner, Greek Grammar of the New Testament, p. 166). Whereas, Kecharitomene, the perfect passive participle, shows a completeness with a permanent result. Kecharitomene denotes continuance of a completed action (H. W. Smyth, Greek Grammar [Harvard Univ Press, 1968], p. 108-109, sec 1852:b; also Blass and DeBrunner, p. 175).
Preston is an idiot but have fun arguing with him and the rest of these snakes. Protestants in here go to great lengths to smear Mary I guess that is there way of interpeting she shall be called blessed. They will continue to lie that the church teaches she did not need a saviour no matter how many times you show them its not the case. You cannot teach the blind who willfully lie.
St. Paul ain't got nothin' on Preston the Prophet...

Quesnel, Canada

#454994 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you have the Holy Ghost in you?
From your right-fighting stance, would that be a Jewish ghost, or a Catholic ghost?

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454995 Jun 21, 2013
who="Dan"
Let me know what Catholic confirmation really means, then.
I'm all ears, KM.

That is a dare; you are Catholic. You don't need anyone to explain it to you.

KM

Quesnel, Canada

#454996 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
thanks be unto God that no matter how much we(she) fail, He still loves her(mary)
of course Jesus never invited her into His revivals and church meetings , after that
she was always outside the gates looking in, with her other children
OH That Mary!!!... she was "something else."

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

My Madonna

I haled me a woman from the street
Shameless, but, oh, so fair!
I bade her sit in the model’s seat
And I painted her sitting there.

I hid all trace of her heart unclean;
I painted a babe at her breast;
I painted her as she might have been
If the Worst had been the Best.

She laughed at my picture and went away.
Then came, with a knowing nod,
A connoisseur, and I heard him say;
“‘Tis Mary, the Mother of God.”

So I painted a halo round her head,
And I sold her and took my fee,
And she hangs in the church of Saint Hillaire,
Where you and all may see.

Robert Service.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#454997 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then go set at that table and enjoy that bread that they ate that day. as for ALL Christians, when we partake, it is because we obey His Word and do that in remembrance of Him as He again SAID. We are not able to go to His Table and eat with HIM(that is reserved for us later) and partake of that Bread physically, therefore it must be Spiritually discerned as to what He meant and you sure don't know.
I think and know that Jesus is My Savior, however I do think that YOU are pathetic
In reading both posts it occurs to me finally the res difference.

Non Catholics eat the bread and wine IN REMEMBRANCE. While telling what Jesus said at the Passover

Catholics say the words AS THE. REMEMBRANCE. Of what He did and then eat the host which they believe are transformed BY THE WORDS.

I have to wonder at what point the early Christians ...made that distinction???

I honestly do nit see them going into houses ..eating dinner and telling non believers they were accmtualky cindumkng flesh and blood...especially Jewish converts.

SOMETHING changed somewhere ..imo
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454998 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
thanks be unto God that no matter how much we(she) fail, He still loves her(mary)
of course Jesus never invited her into His revivals and church meetings , after that
she was always outside the gates looking in, with her other children
Lol. Wow Preston, you really show who you are sometimes.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#454999 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is not "just", so your fears should be allayed, I guess.
Again, I'm not sure that all of humanity having a common burden is unjust or just. It IS.
Does God have no control over Original Sin? I'm pretty sure in Genesis 3 that God is the one conferring Original Sin.

So again, is God just, or not?

Quesnel, Canada

#455000 Jun 21, 2013
Christians are trained to never believe that a Pagan had a god speak to him-her personally ... but that the god in DEED speaks to Christians on a personal level.

It's facsinating how arrogance works its magic in brains that are eager to be corrupted by lies.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#455001 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Here is more denial opportunity for you Anthony..
"Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II
He is teaching Salvation through who?????
You have no idea what this means.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455002 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So baptism removes "original sin"? Really? If so, who do you keep on sinning after your baptism if the sin is removed?
The term “original sin” deals with Adam’s sin of disobedience in eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and its effects upon the rest of the human race. Original sin can be defined as “that sin and its guilt that we all possess in God’s eyes as a direct result of Adam’s sin in the Garden of Eden.” The doctrine of original sin focuses particularly on its effects on our nature and our standing before God, even before we are old enough to commit conscious sin.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As such baby baptism has nothing to do with salvation unless you die before the age of reason???
Salvation is through the Redemption bought on the Cross. We in a heartfelt and KNOWING manner must accept
That salvation comes through the Cross and lay oursekves at HIS feet in repentance and have faith provided by
HIS free gift of grace.
Then we can be baptized.
Though personally I see nothing wrong with baby Baptism or dedication.
The CC confirms Baptism with Cinfirmation when they recirvr ghd Holy Spirit..but again this is
Done by rite and age.
Salvation is by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. Not through the cross.

Profession of faith and then baptism. Not baptism and then a profession of faith. Baptism WITHOUT a profession of faith is nothing more than getting wet.

rosesz said, quote, "Though personally I see nothing wrong with baby Baptism or dedication." End quote.

Why baptize anyone who cannot make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? What is the point? The faith of the parents CANNOT save their child. And if you feel baptism saves why did Jesus have to go to the cross?

rosesz said, quote, "The CC confirms Baptism with Cinfirmation when they recirvr ghd Holy Spirit..but again this is
Done by rite and age." End quote.

Do you believe what they believe? If so, where in the Bible are we instructed first to baptize then at some later date confirm the baptism?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#455003 Jun 21, 2013
who="wilderide"
Not to be worried about? You seem to be suggesting that there is no way to determine who is receiving messages from God and who isn't, and that isn't a problem. So then Christians should be skeptical of each other by default. How would such a religion work? Moreover, why are there any church leaders if they can't be trusted?

Calm down...this is not a wild ride for those who KNOW HIM. It's not my business to judge others...He will take care of them.

We are all in the 'act' of learning...and those who are ignorant will learn eventually.
Those who are willfully going wrong, will continue on their way.

If YOU really want to know the Truth, get into His Word, and LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY. HE is a very good teacher.

KayMarie

San Francisco

#455004 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Here is more denial opportunity for you Anthony..
"Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II
He is teaching Salvation through who?????
I really don't understand the whole Mary thing. In the Bible she has a very minimal part, aside from being a means to an end in creating Jesus (never mind the whole "impregnation without prior permission" thing).
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#455005 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is a felony to disregard the well being of a young child and abandon that child even for a few hours, let alone a day or so.
Penalty for Child Abandonment
By Carrie Glossmanz, eHow Contributor
Print this article
Penalty for Child Abandonment thumbnail Penalties for child abandonment vary by state.
Although the definition of child abandonment can vary by state, most state statues generally categorize the act as a misdemeanor or a felony. The penalty for child abandonment will depend on which category the state categorizes the crime under. Have a question? Get an answer from a Lawyer now!
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5790849_penalty-chi... .
debate that smart alec
Hey cowboy ..lets nit get carried away

They all from towns along the way travelled together as families.

I can see his it happened if there were several children younger to take care of

Jesus was almost Bar Mitzvah age.
And besides it happened to make the point..He was about His Fathers business.

And maybe to remind us ..he could read scripture perhaps!!!!! And keep up with the teachers!!!

They would nit have listened to sn illiterate Gallikean young man..he had been taught in Bar Mitzvah
Class with others his age..but then also he had nuch more knowledge and
understanding of those scriptures
Dan

Omaha, NE

#455006 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
For that matter, if it's "human nature", then what of the one who created the humans? And why isn't that creator culpable for the characteristics of it's creation?
The creator gave free will to the creation, the creation exercised it and incurred a negative consequence.

Again, if you don't believe in any of it, that's cool, but no need to pick at it like a scab. I'll stipulate that if you disagree with the notion of God, you likewise take issue either with the components of belief in Him, or the teachings of some sects that claim belief in Him, or both.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#455007 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is a felony to disregard the well being of a young child and abandon that child even for a few hours, let alone a day or so.
Penalty for Child Abandonment
By Carrie Glossmanz, eHow Contributor
Print this article
Penalty for Child Abandonment thumbnail Penalties for child abandonment vary by state.
Although the definition of child abandonment can vary by state, most state statues generally categorize the act as a misdemeanor or a felony. The penalty for child abandonment will depend on which category the state categorizes the crime under. Have a question? Get an answer from a Lawyer now!
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5790849_penalty-chi... .
debate that smart alec
You are honestly saying that Mary abandoned Jesus. 12 yr old Jesus?

I am literally trying to find the right words to define the stupidity of your posts.
Once again, I find myself on my knees thanking Our Lord that my parents did not become Evangelicals. I honesty would have walked away from Christianity if you were the representative of the religion..
I see a real cancer in career ministers. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do Preston.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#455008 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Yes, but the letter is not my mother. Preston, and presumably your husband, contend that it WOULD be my mother.
Well...It can birth you into the kingdom of God.
Hearing it, is the only thing that can convict one of sin, and bring them to repentance. Result: Born again. Life everlasting.
KayMarie
That's a far cry from claiming the bible IS God. We worship God, we don't worship the written word.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#455009 Jun 21, 2013
who="Dan"
Let me know what Catholic confirmation really means, then.
I'm all ears, KM.
That is a dare; you are Catholic. You don't need anyone to explain it to you.
KM
You seemed abundantly comfortable telling me what it was not, so I assumed you knew what you were talking about.

San Francisco

#455010 Jun 21, 2013
Calm down...this is not a wild ride for those who KNOW HIM.
And who are they? You still haven't explained how to determine the True Believers from those who are deluded or lying.
It's not my business to judge others...He will take care of them.
That isn't the point. How can you have priests, for example, if no one is to be trusted? Don't you need an objective way of discerning what is right or wrong?
If YOU really want to know the Truth, get into His Word, and LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY. HE is a very good teacher.
KayMarie
This pre-supposes where the truth is to be found. It seems a great mistake to begin in the middle. What if overlooking the beginning sets you off on a long voyage in the wrong direction?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min here 63,989
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 106,507
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 7 min Knock off purse s... 25
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 973,790
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min WasteWater 2,581
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 28 min Johnny 805
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,237
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,866
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web