Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#454744 Jun 21, 2013
Now why you angry..
Metod confirm all people have rights on Christianity
in this case is been Slavic language.
Another things you are not happy because Rim is been capital city of Christianity that time include your Orthodox friends.
Metod and Ciril is not been priest..just teachers and translators of holy scripture in missionary.

Pape Hadrian 2
Pape Nikola 1
Pape Ivan-John 8
give rights teach people on Slavic language as well make them as priests and bishops too.
truth

Perth, Australia

#454745 Jun 21, 2013
now
Don't be liar!
Focije remove patriarch Ignace from Baghdad why?
He cost problem between Carigrad and Rome.

now
But Holy church of Wisdom exist before Cirilo and Metod.
They been awarded from Pape Hadrian 2 because they find graveyard bones of Holy Marty Klement.

now
You not give me answer which Patriarch remove name of mother Mary as well why and when?
truth

Perth, Australia

#454746 Jun 21, 2013
Please tell me why you against woman's?!

Please return back trough history find name of Jesus Christ and his Mother.

now
don't call mothers =woman..under any condition!!!

Right..until you find where Jesus Christ discipline been..on run away from him..
Did he is been on Cross or not?

How Paul see Jesus Christ but he did not?
truth

Perth, Australia

#454747 Jun 21, 2013
After all Jesus Christ is not been against woman's.
He told mans why they are better..sinners..yep..he told to every man.

Now..please don't call mothers woman!
They are Loving Mothers which any child of this planet Earth not going reject.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454748 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quoting Preston's exact words. He said "the Word (bible) was God". Far more likely that he's worshipping paper and ink than we are icons and statues.
UH Anthony. it was and is a quote from John chapter one.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

hint. the Bible is the Word of God.

why are we not surprised that catholics are ignorant of the Bible and what it says
truth

Perth, Australia

#454749 Jun 21, 2013
7 billions kids on this planet..
What a shame be against Mothers?

O well many don't liked be born..have nice life..
Why?..because of mothers or woman's.
Are you sure about that?

Location hidden

#454750 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Thomas was not the opposite of apophatic. Not sure where you picked that up from, but it's incorrect.
From Question 3 of the Summa: Since we cannot know concerning God what He is, but what He is not, we cannot consider about God in what way He is, but rather in what way He is not. First therefor it is to be considered in what way He is not; secondly in what way He is known by us; thirdly, in what way He is named
St. Thomas's approach is therefore apophatic. But there is an element lost on those who overemphasize this. St. Thomas, following the Fathers, particularly St. John Damascene, lays out a threefold manner in which we speak of God and apply
words to Him.
The "big dogs"? LOl...okay, Herme, whatever you say.
the "big boys' could have spoke with knowledge not cut and paste..lol

http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic....

Location hidden

#454751 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, particularly those of the Thomist stripe, as I said. Also as I said, but not as radically as the Orthodox who overemphasize it and thereby lose something. What some people lack is the idea of analogy, which is a type of equivocation by reason. What analogy allows us to do is to understand that the terms as understood by us are limits on what they describe, and we can place no limits on God but at the same time recognize a real similarity of being.
Sorry, Herme, but yes, you are prejudiced. That's okay, we get it.
Glad to hear you're doing better.
from your link.

Sed quia de Deo scire non possumus quid sit, sed quid non sit, non possumus considerare de Deo quomodo sit, sed potius quomodo non sit. Primo ergo considerandum est quomodo non sit; secundo, quomodo a nobis cognoscatur; tertio, quomodo nominetur.

big dogs?

you are more like a cur.lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#454752 Jun 21, 2013
Your knowledge is zero with all fallen angels and demons=Civilizations before exist!!!

I please you nicely before ..where is first perfect Eden you not tell me.

Location hidden

#454753 Jun 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:

<quoted text>hey...I spell bad also ask regina. Shes my spelling teacher lol
LOL!

ME: I spale bad and I got spale chek.

she has no argument accept(lol) to attak against a spaling arrow.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#454754 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quoting Preston's exact words. He said "the Word (bible) was God". Far more likely that he's worshipping paper and ink than we are icons and statues.
The WORD was,made,flesh and dwelt amongst us
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454755 Jun 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet talk?
Treating another with the same respect they show you is not "sweet talk".
Did you learn to be devisive and dishonest at your church?
You are truly delusional.
Regina is one of the most dishonest poster on this thread.
She is an expert at trying to put words in your mouth.
assuming its what you are thinking or actual said.
Your right she is delusional.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454757 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is some of the kind of thing I was referring to, Herme. We also hold in awe the mysteries of God and don't try to analyze every little thing. As well, we view the Church as a type of hospital for the illness of sin, Christ as the Divine Physician, and most certainly aim for closer union with God as opposed to being "adept" at dogma/theology. This is an error on your part; it's actually a prejudice. I'm not sure where you got it from but it's incorrect. Yes, we argue theology here as it is our doctrines which are being attacked, e.g. the Real Presence, the ever virginity of the Blessed Virgin. But legalism is actually a protestant construct. And those "serious" differences aren't quite so serious if one really takes a close look. That's also another prejudice, an attempt at distancing, but it's not quite accurate. I know there's only so much one can read, but there's quite a lot that proves you wrong. If a reunion doesn't happen, that's fine, too. So that's not where I'm coming from.
Mary was not a virgin forever to keep insisting she was is doing her a great injustice Regina.
Her and Joseph, were husband and wife in every sense of the word, she had sex with him , which produce children sons, and daughters.
To say legalism is a protestant thing is the pot calling the kettle black.
You need to read the Bible not just, a verse here and there but it all cover to cover, you are under the delusion that the catholic church teaches the truth.
If they don't know the truth how can they teach it.
The catholic church lives under their own set of legalism law, don't do as I do , do as I say philosophy .
Early catholic teachings were , if they don't conform kill them, or torture them till they do.
The truth is not in you Regina, The truth is the catholic church is sick with sin. It needs Jesus not Mary Just Jesus.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#454758 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
Preston said his bible is God. I assume he worships it. That is certainly closer to idol worship than venerating an icon or statue.
Do you mean that you would choose an icon or statue rather than the Bible???
KayMarie
I wouldn't worship either. Are you of the same mindset as Preston? Has the bible become your idol?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454759 Jun 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you switched names so you could attack hermi and I under differant names..you sneaky little catholic...
Sere, I am glad you are seeing Regina for who she really is.
So are some other people.
I really don't think being catholic has anything to do with it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#454760 Jun 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks so much RoSezc. I have followed your thoughts and believe you are intelligent, sincere, and fair. Churches consider Schism worse than heresy. A heretic holds beliefs that violate the core belief(s) of whatev......snip...
Catholics would say we schismed. Orthodox would hold that Catholics schismed.Many,many factors- including the competition among all the church sees that existed from the beginning (Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, Rome, Constantinople).Then there were serious differences in some beliefs. The Franks coming into the Cath Church and the Turks taking over Constantinople made them more apart. Language= especially language being mutually misunderstood when they dialogued about theology. Power-Ego- 2 big ones.
I know that many Caths here speak re reunion being imminent and our Patriarchs becoming in favor of this. But frankly I do not see it. The Patriarchs are respected and loved but not obeyed. Though on the surface we both have confession, etc.if you really get to the core, there are serious differences in how we look at Original v Ancestral sin, salvation, mysticism, church organization, considering things of God mysteries that we can only try to explain v Catholic tendency to analyze such issues, church more as a hospital and sin more as an illness for which need Christ's therapy (of course still holding us accountable).The entire goal of our Church is better relationship and union with God, not how adept you are at dogma or theology.
Anyway thanks.
Thanks Herme
I like your posts ..
It seems from the posts that going back there is a,lot on one belief and another within and between your respective churches.(ie your post regarding St Augustine)
Some of which are beyond me I admit.
I guess I am drawn to a mire simple kind of belief..And I do know some protestants go one way and others,another. And some cults get formed among all so called believers in most faiths ..But speaking of non loony believers,here.
I was always,of the opinion ..well in the past 10 or so years..That Christians were those who believed believed in the Redemption of man through the Redeeming Sacrifice on the Cross..And His Resurrection defeating the power of death..it being nit the end of life but the beginning of eternal life.
Arguing amongst ourselves ..though Catholics don't seem to afford us that status..even though their Pope seems to....arguing. me me I'm right...this dogma is better than that one..Is the kind of thing that would only please the ENEMY of our respective souls.
I have been guilty myself on bringing up pre Reformation history..I guess it bugs me because as a child I w a s taught the infallibility of the Church and the Pope..
Yet looking at history ..They..some of them were men who could be ked astray and allow at least wrong things to be done supposedly in Gids name..
What I see is Catholics cannot accept less than infallibility and demonizing those who share their basic faith but who practice differently.
And Protestants who do not see that true belief is possible within the CC. No matter what her rites and dogma
This is only from my perspective as having knowledge from both sides.
Now here is your Church And you all do not accept the Pope but have similar dogma.
What I see is its a miracle. Truly that anyone who is a non believer becomes one..!!!lol ..But then that is the,province of the Spirit who works in mysterious ways.
He first calls us to redeeming faith in the Preciuis blood if Our Saviour by giving us grace. He calls on us to Repent and follow our Lord..
And I say this most lovingly..woe to any of us who become stumbling blocks to any non or new believer by our squabbles ..myself included.
As fir atheists on here ..I don't think they BELUEVE any of us..
But we do have a,common message if we admit it:)
God bless all on here in the name if His Son..Our Lord Jesus Christ
truth

Perth, Australia

#454761 Jun 21, 2013
Even Solomon as prophet have many gods in Israel and Judea..reason is why they so long suffer.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#454762 Jun 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks so much RoSezc. I have followed your thoughts and believe you are intelligent, sincere, and fair. Churches consider Schism worse than heresy. A heretic holds beliefs that violate the core belief(s) of whatev......snip...
Catholics would say we schismed. Orthodox would hold that Catholics schismed.Many,many factors- including the competition among all the church sees that exisAlexandria, Rome, Constantinople).Then there were serious differences in some beliefs. The Franks coming into the Cath Church and the Turks taking over Constantinople made them more apart. Language= especially language being mutually misunderstood when they dialogued about theology. Power-Ego- 2 big ones.
I know that many Caths here speak re reunion being imminent and our Patriarchs becoming in favor of this. But frankly I do not see it. The Patriarchs are respected and loved but not obeyed. Though on the surface we both have confession, etc.if you really get to the core, there are serious differences in how we look at Original v Ancestral sin, salvation, mysticism, church organization, considering things of God mysteries that we can only try to explain v Catholic tendency to analyze such issues, church more as a hospital and sin more as an illness for which need Christ's therapy (of course still holding us accountable).The entire goal of our Church is better relationship and union with God, not how adept you are at dogma or theology.
Anyway thanks.
Thanks Herme
I like your posts ..
It seems from the posts that going back there is a,lot on one belief and another within and between your respective churches.(ie your post regarding St Augustine)
Some of which are beyond me I admit.
I guess I am drawn to a mire simple kind of belief..And I do know some protestants go one way and others,another. And some cults get formed among all so called believers in most faiths ..But speaking of non loony believers,here.
I was always,of the opinion ..well in the past 10 or so years..That Christians were those who believed believed in the Redemption of man through the Redeeming Sacrifice on the Cross..And His Resurrection defeating the power of death..it being nit the end of life but the beginning of eternal life.
Arguing amongst ourselves ..though Catholics don't seem to afford us that status..even though their Pope seems to....arguing. me me I'm right...this dogma is better than that one..Is the kind of thing that would only please the ENEMY of our respective souls.
I have been guilty myself on bringing up pre Reformation history..I guess it bugs me because as a child I w a s taught the infallibility of the Church and the Pope..
Yet looking at history ..They..some of them were men who could be ked astray and allow at least wrong things to be done supposedly in Gids name..
What I see is Catholics cannot accept less than infallibility and demonizing those who share their basic faith but who practice differently.
And Protestants who do not see that true belief is possible within the CC. No matter what her rites and dogma
This is only from my perspective as having knowledge from both sides.
Now here is your Church And you all do not accept the Pope but have similar dogma.
What I see is its a miracle. Truly that anyone who is a non believer becomes one..!!!lol ..But then that is the,province of the Spirit who works in mysterious ways.
He first calls us to redeeming faith in the Preciuis blood if Our Saviour by giving us grace. He calls on us to Repent and follow our Lord..
And I say this most lovingly..woe to any of us who become stumbling blocks to any non or new believer by our squabbles ..myself included.
As fir atheists on here ..I don't think they BELUEVE any of us..
But we do have a,common message if we admit it:)
God bless all on here in the name if His Son..Our Lord Jesus Christ
truth

Perth, Australia

#454763 Jun 21, 2013
People not going respect leaders in future ..
You will see.
O you scribe vipers this or that=Jesus Christ words is perfect..
set up for others is very easy on evil way..

'It is written who is last will be first.'
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454765 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did no such thing!!!!
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.
It does not say "full of grace"..
It does not say "sinless"..
It does not say "clean vessel"..
It does not say "virgin"..
It does not say "virgin evermore".
It does not say "immaculate conception"...
Any teachings to the contrary, which is what the Catholics do, is not Christian...and are lies..
You're deliberately lying.

Here, you give us the definition/translation for charit&#335;&#333;.

That isn't the word I gave you.

“Full of Grace” translates 1'kecharit&#333;m&#277 ;n&#275;1" the perfect passive participle of charit&#335;&#333;. It denotes one who has been and still is the object of divine benevolence, one who has been favored and continues to be favored by God, one who has been granted supernatural grace and remains in this state.[1] Verbs ending in &#335;&#333;, such as haimat&#335;&#333; (turn into blood), thaumat&#335;&#333; (fill with wonder), spod&#335;&#333;mai (burn to ashes) frequently express the full intensity of the action. Kecharitomene denotes continuance of a completed action.[2]

Hence kecharit&#333;m&#277;n &#275; has been suitably translated as “full of grace”, by the Vulgate and the Peshitto (The principal Syriac version of the Bible).

1] Cf. L Cerfaux, Gratia plena, in Mémories et Raports du Congrès Marial tenu à Bruxelles (1921), Vol. I (Bruxelles, 1922), pp. 34-40.

[2] H. W. Smyth, Greek Grammar [Harvard University Press, 1968], p. 108-109, sec 1852:b.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 270,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 830,421
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 1 hr Ricky F 166
Getting even with a former bully 1 hr British women 3
Friends Mom Naked (With Pics) (Jan '13) 1 hr Yes I would 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr truthandcommonsense 3,667
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 1 hr rajivas 94
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 611,946
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Student 40,223
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Paul Porter1 99,270
More from around the web