Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650174 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454911 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
Are you saying the age of accountability has Catholics?
Catholics don't have an age of accountability. They baptize an infant, then it is forever 'Christian'(I mean Catholic).
KayMarie
Um, they get Confirmed. At age 13-14.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454912 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
AS THE BIBLE SAYS ...
YOUR CARNAL MIND IS DEAD TO THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT..
I HAVE NO INTEREST IN WHAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY...
I HEAR AND FOLLOW THE SOUND OF GOD'S WORD THAT
"Went into all the earth, and AND unto the ends of the world. "
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 --> But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily,
their sound went into all the earth, and
their words unto the ends of the world. <--
I STRIVE TO LIVE BY WHAT IT SAYS...
And none of these verses say your paper and ink KJV is God. Why do you go beyond what is written?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#454913 Jun 21, 2013
You need to understand. God speaks to me DIRECTLY. If I hear something from someone else, I check it by His written word.
KayMarie
I suggest you read this, and for a change let something other than your own nonsense penetrate your brain.

The Catholics DEFAMED and to this day, the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants DEFAME the name of Jesus. They claimed he was a Jew who abandoned his own Jewish GOD to become whatever pleases these devout shysters.

It is NOT an honor to a Jew to claim that he did not practice Judaism.

It is an INSULT!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#454914 Jun 21, 2013
who="wilderide"
Are you saying the age of accountability has Catholics?
Catholics don't have an age of accountability. They baptize an infant, then it is forever 'Christian'(I mean Catholic).
KayMarie
You don't find it slightly illogical that a benevolent deity would otherwise hold an infant accountable for "sins" when it has no concept of what that is, nor the consequences of it's actions, unless you sprinkle magic water on it's head?

For that matter, do you consider the idea of being held accountable for the actions of long dead ancestors "justice"?

San Francisco

#454915 Jun 21, 2013
t other religions work too.
You need to understand. God speaks to me DIRECTLY. If I hear something from someone else, I check it by His written word.
KayMarie
OK, so if you receive a message from God directly, and someone else receives a conflicting message from God directly, how do you explain that? Because this seems to occur often among Christians.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454916 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The only other person described in the bible as "full of Grace" using the Greek word "kecharitomene" is Jesus.
show us the verse and post the complete sentence in greek to prove your words.

as I have said, only two places in the NT are the words' full of grace" appearing and neither is in reference to mary.

and kecharitomene is not the phrase used referencing Steven and Jesus as I have told Dan on this forum. that word means highly favored and mary was, to be chosen to be used by God as a surrogate mother for Jesus is a tremendous blessing.

steven was "full of grace' on the day that he was stoned to death. but he was not a sinless person as Jesus Himself was and is.

steven was a sinner saved by Grace, like every Born Again Christian
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454917 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't find it slightly illogical that a benevolent deity would otherwise hold an infant accountable for "sins" when it has no concept of what that is, nor the consequences of it's actions, unless you sprinkle magic water on it's head?
For that matter, do you consider the idea of being held accountable for the actions of long dead ancestors "justice"?
Baptism doesn't remit sins committed; it remits Original Sin.

If you don't believe in it, that's fine.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454918 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you just amen'd a liar. I just showed that even your church(what a surprise) believe the Bible is the Word of God.
Are Catholics into the Bible?
Catholics and Evangelicals are in total agreement that the Bible is the Word of God. It is the most happening book on the planet.
Catholics and Evangelicals are not in agreement on the word of God. We have 7 more Books.

'Word of God' is a title completely taken out of context by you guys.
The Bible is a collection of Books. Its not one Book. Some are poems, letters, epistles, memoirs and Prophecies. The Authors used language and culture from their own time period, to help their readers understand God.
God did not verbally communicate a word for word instruction into the ears of the writers. Rather, its human thought entwined with divine insights into the mind of God.
And it STILL look an Earthly authority to collect the writings and determine them 'inspired by God'. For Christianity, this took place around 400 AD by the Catholic Church at Rome.
You see Preston, Christ never commanded a Bible be compiled. That's why it took almost 400 yrs for Christians to compile one.

Now, you say Catholics are ignorant of the Bible?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454919 Jun 21, 2013
the word kecharitomene used in Luke is a verb in usage, however the catholic church has turned that word into a noun.

it still means "highly favored one" as she was to become a surrogate mother for Jesus
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454920 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>show us the verse and post the complete sentence in greek to prove your words.
as I have said, only two places in the NT are the words' full of grace" appearing and neither is in reference to mary.
and kecharitomene is not the phrase used referencing Steven and Jesus as I have told Dan on this forum. that word means highly favored and mary was, to be chosen to be used by God as a surrogate mother for Jesus is a tremendous blessing.
steven was "full of grace' on the day that he was stoned to death. but he was not a sinless person as Jesus Himself was and is.
How many times do you want to be shown up on this?

I already did it once with you and I posted it to Oxtail earlier today.

You're like a dog with a bone.

San Francisco

#454921 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism doesn't remit sins committed; it remits Original Sin.
If you don't believe in it, that's fine.
Do you believe in it? If so, do you think it's just?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454922 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
the word kecharitomene used in Luke is a verb in usage, however the catholic church has turned that word into a noun.
it still means "highly favored one" as she was to become a surrogate mother for Jesus
Wrong. Again. Totally surprised here.

"Full of Grace” translates kecharitomene, the perfect passive participle of charitoo. It denotes one who has been and still is the object of divine benevolence, one who has been favored and continues to be favored by God, one who has been granted supernatural grace and remains in this state."[1]

"Kecharitomene denotes continuance of a completed action (2)"

[1] Cf. L Cerfaux, Gratia plena, in Mémories et Raports du Congrès Marial tenu à Bruxelles (1921), Vol. I (Bruxelles, 1922), pp. 34-40.

[2] H. W. Smyth, Greek Grammar [Harvard University Press, 1968], p. 108-109, sec 1852:b.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454923 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The only other person described in the bible as "full of Grace" using the Greek word "kecharitomene" is Jesus.
This word, "kecharitomene" may be Greek but does not appear in any Bible I have ever read. Strong has no number for this word. This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate.

The word used in REAL Christian Bibles is G5487 - CHARITOO, which when translated has these meanings.....
to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable, to peruse with grace, compass with favour, to honour with blessings

The word CHARITOO only appears in the Christian Bible in two places. This word applies to the expressions captialized and in parentheses.

Luke 1:28, "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou (THAT ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED), the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

Ephesians 1:6, "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein (HE HATH MADE) us accepted in the beloved."

If a Roman Catholic has issues they should locate a real Bible and read it. Not the Roman Catholic version of their so-called bible.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454924 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in it? If so, do you think it's just?
All humanity bears original sin.

Part of the human condition. Not sure "just" enters into it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454925 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics and Evangelicals are not in agreement on the word of God. We have 7 more Books.
'Word of God' is a title completely taken out of context by you guys.
The Bible is a collection of Books. Its not one Book. Some are poems, letters, epistles, memoirs and Prophecies. The Authors used language and culture from their own time period, to help their readers understand God.
God did not verbally communicate a word for word instruction into the ears of the writers. Rather, its human thought entwined with divine insights into the mind of God.
And it STILL look an Earthly authority to collect the writings and determine them 'inspired by God'. For Christianity, this took place around 400 AD by the Catholic Church at Rome.
You see Preston, Christ never commanded a Bible be compiled. That's why it took almost 400 yrs for Christians to compile one.
Now, you say Catholics are ignorant of the Bible?
The Bible is one book, written by one author to one people. The Bible was written by God thru human hands to those born again.

To those not "born again" the following Bible verses apply. These are not my words but the Word of God. Amen.

I Corinthians 1:18, "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

II Corinthians 2:15, "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing,"

II Corinthians 4:3, "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing."

II Thessalonians 2:10, " and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454926 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>show us the verse and post the complete sentence in greek to prove your words.
If AnthonyMN does post it rest assured the posting will be from a Roman Catholic bible not a real Christian Bible.

Quesnel, Canada

#454927 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't just see Jesus, I receive Him in the most intimate way humanly possible. And thanks for your prayers.
So do you receive him as a Jew or as a specialized Christian?

Silly people!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454928 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
<quoted text>
This word, "kecharitomene" may be Greek but does not appear in any Bible I have ever read. Strong has no number for this word. This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate.
The word used in REAL Christian Bibles is G5487 - CHARITOO, which when translated has these meanings.....
to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable, to peruse with grace, compass with favour, to honour with blessings
The word CHARITOO only appears in the Christian Bible in two places. This word applies to the expressions captialized and in parentheses.
Luke 1:28, "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou (THAT ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED), the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Ephesians 1:6, "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein (HE HATH MADE) us accepted in the beloved."
If a Roman Catholic has issues they should locate a real Bible and read it. Not the Roman Catholic version of their so-called bible.
Stop here.

"This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate"

According to whom was it "mis-translated"? I'll need a citation here and not from an anonymous website or preacher.

Thanks

Quesnel, Canada

#454929 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All humanity bears original sin.
Part of the human condition. Not sure "just" enters into it.
The word sin came from archery and didn't have any association with evil and a devil until Christianity got a hold on that word to defame it.

Originally the word sin simply meant in archery to "miss the mark."

Quesnel, Canada

#454930 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is one book, written by one author to one people. The Bible was written by God thru human hands to those born again.
To those not "born again" the following Bible verses apply. These are not my words but the Word of God. Amen.
I Corinthians 1:18, "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
II Corinthians 2:15, "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing,"
II Corinthians 4:3, "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing."
II Thessalonians 2:10, " and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."
More scripture-slinging nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 46 min Bongo 56,123
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr Johnny 4,848
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 3 hr Johnny 507
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr Steve III 439
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 44,955
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web