Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,601
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454600 Jun 20, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, Regina. God has blessed me tremendously. After 2 years
they finally have a diagnosis for my condition. It puzzled 4 hospitals. So now there is hope. Still on oxygen but doing much better. Christ is our hope!!!
Herme, I am asking for prayers for my niece who also is having lung problems. She only has half a lung on each side.
Well now she has bleeding in her lungs and they don't know why.
It doesn't look good for her.
Her name is Debbie. I am glad you are doing better. God Bless
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#454601 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you loved that analogy so much you stole it from Hermi...last time we talked on the phone.You said so your self.I guess you forgot where you stole that from...lol...That was always the Orthodox churches point of view and never the catholics...who's ill now..lol
My dear, I said no such thing. And you are quite wrong, the analogy of the Church being a hospital, Christ being the Divine Physician, is very much Catholic.
I'm so sorry for you, Sera. Please lose the hate, it's eating you up inside and is not pleasant to watch.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#454602 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Always willing to help the lame of brain...
I means: If they were being told that Mary the mother of Jesus was sinless...they were to search the Scripture and see if that be according to the Word of God...
When they did, they would find: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..
They would then boot the idiot out into the street....
Yeah, um, there wasn't a New Testament for them to search. St. Paul taught from his personal knowledge of Christ and the witness of the disciples. And he showed them the OT prophecies which pointed to Christ.

Mary is called "full of grace", perfectly endowed with God's grace by St. Luke (who wrote after St. Paul wrote "all have sinned"). Yes, her role in the New Covenant is foretold in the Old Testament. Thanks for playing.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#454603 Jun 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just prove your deity exists?
Leave the church's circular reasoning out of it...just prove it even exists.
June, is that you?? I was wondering why you haven't been posting lately.
Clay

United States

#454604 Jun 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will reply to whomever I please.
The date my paperwork is showing is at the end of October of last year. You said you were going to get your phone records which would solve the problem once and for all. Why haven't you done so? Frankly, at this point, I no longer care as I know the truth and so does God. I don't have to prove anything. But it would likely calm you down a bit.
Old hag? I don't know what you're talking about. I've been called much worse than that by the protestants on this board. In fact, you and Herme were witnesses to it and objected strongly. Now you're agreeing with them. Somehow I don't think that's the work of God in your lives.
I will pray for you. You don't sound well at all.
I agree with you Regina. I think you're telling the truth.
Although I admire the Orthodox faith and I think Herm and Sera are passionate Orthodox... I thought it was ' interesting' they'd bring up the abuse scandal- implying its not equally a problem in their religion as ours. I guess that was red flag that they may not be as interested in truth as we all hoped.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#454605 Jun 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you left out the fact they sodomized children also.it must be ok since god has done nothing to stop these people from committing these acts.
You are confusing homosexuality with pedophelia. They are definitely not the same. Learn the difference...lest you be considered an ignorant.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#454606 Jun 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being canibals, cathaholics won't understand anything you are saying.
Oh, so you're a fundie! You should have said so from the start. No wonder!
Clay

United States

#454607 Jun 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just prove your deity exists?
Leave the church's circular reasoning out of it...just prove it even exists.
What sorta proof do you demand? Lol. If the Judeo-Christian God went on CNN Tonight and proved He was the one that created life, you'd reject Him anyway!!! No?
I bet you my life savings, your free will would reject the God of Abraham because He does not share your ideology.
(hypothetically if He exists that is)

Location hidden

#454608 Jun 20, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Catholics had a concept called the age of accountability.
Cathaholics have no accountability. Just look at their pedophile priests and the coverup that the church has provided them.
Accountabibity is non-existent.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#454609 Jun 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to believe that a fellow who fell off his ass, onto his ass, and had an epiphany(which I think might have meant he wet himself), could be believable...even to ignorant fools of the era, but you silly folks can fantasize all you want.
I think it was the invention of Roman theocractic elites as an effort to convert as many Pagan and fence sitting cristers as possible to control all the trouble caused by them in the failing empire at the time.
Yeah, that was probably it. Hey look, there's something shiny on ground!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#454610 Jun 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing homosexuality with pedophelia. They are definitely not the same. Learn the difference...lest you be considered an ignorant.
Too late for that I'm afraid.

Location hidden

#454611 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "aliens".
;o)
BTW - that is why Moses' hair turned all white - he was subjected to radiation.
OMG!
You didn't really say that did you?
We will be looked down upon for such statements you know.(it was radiation though- we warned him to stay back).
Clay

United States

#454612 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, um, there wasn't a New Testament for them to search. St. Paul taught from his personal knowledge of Christ and the witness of the disciples. And he showed them the OT prophecies which pointed to Christ.
Mary is called "full of grace", perfectly endowed with God's grace by St. Luke (who wrote after St. Paul wrote "all have sinned"). Yes, her role in the New Covenant is foretold in the Old Testament. Thanks for playing.
you've been annihilating Ox on this forum for 3 yrs. The little fella keeps logging back on as if nothin happened. Part of me wishes the Catholic Church required that sorta ignorance. lol being Catholic would be a whole lot easier if we could cherry pick our doctrines.

Location hidden

#454613 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
.....because they refuse to learn.
Self.
They are either mentally incompetent, or severely induced with delusion.
Take your pick...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454614 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you can offer an alternative scenario on our existence? Was it an alien lifeform that planted DNA on this planet and they'll be returning again someday to gather their data??
Face it Black dude, you guys offer equally bizarre scenarios on the origin of human beings. In fact, you guys basically deny the spirit and love as we believers understand it. To me, thats you failure.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/religion/the-pope/8009299/Po pe-Benedict-XVIs-astronomer-th e-Catholic-Church-welcomes-ali ens.html...SPEAKING OF E.T'S.....NOW THATS NUTS!! LOL is the church hard up for members?? wouldnt there be a language barrier?? would they have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and he died for our sins...wait a minute! Did Jesus die on the cross for ALIEN'S SINS????? I dont know.Does anyone on this forum know? If so please inform me...I need to know..Thanku

Location hidden

#454615 Jun 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant fool! That statement implies that all the other men who prayed that their wives would live, and yet the wives died had THEIR prayers ignored by the same supposed god.
You people and your religions are so gluttonous to be the center of attention that you throw all others under the bus.
YUCK!
The ironic thing is, they are pretty much "throwing their own under the buss also".
Cathaholics remind me of the "Stepford Wives".

Location hidden

#454616 Jun 20, 2013

Location hidden

#454617 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think she was,saved before Pentecost?? HIS,OWN mother.
She was,with Him at least part of His ministry.
She knew who He was..And I don't think she thought Him crazy..his brothers and sisters may have..But not her..She knew who He was.
And,we,have no idea what they ever talked about BEFIRE He started,His ministry. She knew in the best way a woman if that time coukd comprehend ..She most likely knew that He might face danger but nit that He woukd be crucified or why.
But she had to believe He was,holy and sent from GOD.
And it is more than likely He saved her first. Imo
And he rejected her and his family...according to scripture.

Location hidden

#454618 Jun 20, 2013
above link is straight from the Popes astronomer...yikes..."ten acles and all"
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#454619 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Regina. I think you're telling the truth.
Although I admire the Orthodox faith and I think Herm and Sera are passionate Orthodox... I thought it was ' interesting' they'd bring up the abuse scandal- implying its not equally a problem in their religion as ours. I guess that was red flag that they may not be as interested in truth as we all hoped.
Well, it doesn't really matter as we know why it's brought up. Yeah, I was shocked by this last go round (the Church is an abortion and the Bride of Frankenstein), but as you said, should have known better. It sounds exactly like something Preston or LTM would say. That's life, I guess. It's my own fault for trusting people I don't really know. I did it a few times with people here and, believe me, it will never happen again. Now I'm just sticking to the facts: The Catholic Church is the one church founded by Christ in the year 33 A.D. on the rock of St. Peter. Period.

Your fishing stories are making me hungry, btw. I love fresh water fish! Especially for breakfast!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CAPE TOWN: Lesbian/Bisexual Women Whatsapp (Feb '14) 10 min sweetcorn18 17
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min bacon hater 97,851
Moses never existed 23 min Khatru 1,240
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 39 min Brick7 20
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 45 min shyam 5,619
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr stal78 246
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 268,794
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 608,111
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 808,886
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 6 hr Mille1234 93