Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683939 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454819 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible is the word of God
Jesus is the word made flesh
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The Palmist David wrote
Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Now demonstrate to us ..how that you separate GOD'S WORD FROM HIMSELF
You're not able to seperate paper and ink from God?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454820 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes, we're all nuts except you.
Don't forget, you were the one who made those ugly, spiteful remarks about the Church, not us. You seem surprised that we didn't just sit back and let you do so without saying something. You bared your fangs, Seraphima, and we called you on it, all of us, not just me. But for some reason you think you can get away with your nonsense more with me than the others. That's typical of a coward. You have no respect for anyone, that much is obvious. Well, that's fine.
You've spoken volumes about who and what you are since your little diatribe against the Church. An abortion indeed! The Bride of Frankenstein! Don't try to put your sins on me or anyone else. They're yours, you own them. Anthony tried to get you to apologize, but you wouldn't do it. You still won't. Instead you inflict further insults. Yes, we're called to pray for people like you, and so we do, just as we show respect to your church and do not belittle your beliefs.
Thank you for your exhibition. It's been....revealing, to say the least.
You spend to much time in the COMPUTER WORLD.try having a normal REAL life!
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454821 Jun 21, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I wouldn't worship either. Are you of the same mindset as Preston? Has the bible become your idol?
God I worship...but I am SO grateful for His Word that He has given us, and EXTREMELY grateful that He has allowed us the privilege to READ/study what He has to say.
KayMarie
I'm grateful for Sacred Scripture too, but I don't worship it, or statues or icons.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454822 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Let me get this straight. The Roman Catholics on this forum believe the catholic church and the Roman Catholic church are the same animal. Correct?
<quoted text>
Thank you Seraphima. I take it bow wow means yes. LOL LOL
Might I add, without judgement, your posts with Regina are very angry. At one time you two were friends, correct? Please do not allow her to reduce you to her level. Instead of going down to her level....lift her up to your level. Forgive her. When you forgive her there will be two people set free and one of them will be you. You are a wonderful woman of God and I appreciate your honesty and kind spirit.
I dont know about lifting her up. I would need a forklift to do that.She's pretty heavey with meanness! LOL..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454823 Jun 21, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You called the bible God. We're not ignorant enough to do that.

Quit twisting their/our intent, Anthony. What you need is a REAL RESPECT FOR GOD'S WORD. "IF you love ME, KEEP (love, honor, obey) MY commandments (Word).

KayMarie

Location hidden

#454824 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we venerate (show respect to/honor) statues and icons. No, we do not offer divine worship to anyone/anything except the Blessed Trinity.
You deny the English dictionary word definition of "venerate" is:- worship - show devotion to (a deity); "Many Hindus worship Shiva"

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

#454825 Jun 21, 2013
Jesus was God's word put to death..

God's word that died ( was put out of existence) on Calvary's cross

was

Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul ---> that sinneth, it shall die. <---

Eze_18:20 ---> The soul that sinneth, it shall die.<-- The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

" No longer is it ..."The soul that sinneth shall surly die"

BUT

through the sacrifice of the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST

Mercy and pardon came into EXISTENCE...

the law of sin and death was fulfilled AND NOW GRACE

IS EXTENDED TO ALL MANKIND

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

jESUS SAID

Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#454826 Jun 21, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I wouldn't worship either. Are you of the same mindset as Preston? Has the bible become your idol?
God I worship...but I am SO grateful for His Word that He has given us, and EXTREMELY grateful that He has allowed us the privilege to READ/study what He has to say.
KayMarie
What if you didn't know how to read, and others refused to read your favorite scriptures to you?

How THEN would you be able to believe you are SPECIAL to an image of a god that was created for the Jews, by the Jews?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454827 Jun 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
;o)
"Hush"??
"Space Truckin'"?
aaahhh...."Highway Star"!!
:o)
You got it.

"Highway Star" is the bomb.com .

#454828 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not able to seperate paper and ink from God?
~~~

Gal_5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal_5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEPARATE FAITH FROM FANTASY AND FABLES..

YOUR LUST FOR SOMETHING TANGIBLE ...THAT YOU MUS SEE WITH YOUR EYES...

DESTROYS YOUR FAITH IN/FOR THAT WHICH IS UNSEEN.

Rom_14:23 .......Rom_14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454829 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm grateful for Sacred Scripture too, but I don't worship it, or statues or icons.
You worship the words and build castles in the sky of bliss for your self OUT of the words.

It's one and the same.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454830 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny the English dictionary word definition of "venerate" is:- worship - show devotion to (a deity); "Many Hindus worship Shiva"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Webster's, as you didn't cite your source:

ven·er·ate
transitive verb \&#712;ve-n&#601;- &#716;r&#257;t\
ven·er·at·edven·er·at·ing

Definition of VENERATE

: to regard with reverential respect or with admiring deference

: to honor (as an icon or a relic) with a ritual act of devotion

— ven·er·a·tor noun

Anthony is applying the term correctly (of course). Veneration is not worship.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454831 Jun 21, 2013
The Christians that idolize word-images won't try to answer my questions.

In reference to Catholic theology ... why would Peter the first pope who supposedly followed the counsel of Jesus create a "Christian" community ... if Jesus was a faithful Jew to Judaism???

WHY???
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454832 Jun 21, 2013
Its very nice know Creator not created me according what?

Jesus Christ words is perfect.
many will come in my name..its not me..
many masters many gods many lords..
now

where is real Creator..do you trust many masters lords and many gods..

its very nice hear that Creator real Creator not created many people which exist..now

Why I am wrong?
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454833 Jun 21, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You called the bible God. We're not ignorant enough to do that.
Quit twisting their/our intent, Anthony. What you need is a REAL RESPECT FOR GOD'S WORD. "IF you love ME, KEEP (love, honor, obey) MY commandments (Word).
KayMarie
Preston's post..."the Word (bible) was God." Help me understand what this is supposed to mean.

I have a tremendous respect for Sacred Scripture,in fact, you'd be pleasantly surpised to see how much we reverence Sacred Scripture in our worship. I'd invite you to watch a mass on EWTN, they show it evervy day.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454834 Jun 21, 2013
These devout Christians make a liar out of the very one they profess to honor!

They KNOW that a Jew would never support a religion so foreign to Judaism as is Christianity. They KNOW that and yet they keep on preaching lie after lie, after lie.

And that in theological terminology is BLASPHEMY!!!
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454835 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I deny it.

More accurate is this:

ven·er·ate transitive verb \&#712;ve-n&#601;- &#716;r&#257;t\
ven·er·at·edven·er·at·ing
Definition of VENERATE
1: to regard with reverential respect or with admiring deference
2: to honor (as an icon or a relic) with a ritual act of devotion
— ven·er·a·tor \-&#716;r&#257;-t& #601;r\ noun
Examples of VENERATE
a writer venerated by generations of admirers
She is venerated as a saint.
Origin of VENERATE
Latin veneratus, past participle of venerari, from vener-, venus love, charm — more at win
First Known Use: circa 1623

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454836 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Preston said the bible is God.
if the Bible is not the [Word of God] to you, what then do you consider it?lol

#454837 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Gal_5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal_5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEPARATE FAITH FROM FANTASY AND FABLES..
YOUR LUST FOR SOMETHING TANGIBLE ...THAT YOU MUS SEE WITH YOUR EYES...
DESTROYS YOUR FAITH IN/FOR THAT WHICH IS UNSEEN.
Rom_14:23 .......Rom_14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
~~~

"Whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,

the evidence of things not seen.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,

The just shall live by faith.

Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for,

The just shall live by faith.

Heb_10:38

Now the just shall live by faith:

but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454838 Jun 21, 2013
truth wrote:
Its very nice know Creator not created me according what?
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
many will come in my name..its not me..
many masters many gods many lords..
now
where is real Creator..do you trust many masters lords and many gods..
its very nice hear that Creator real Creator not created many people which exist..now
Why I am wrong?
LIES can't equate to being based on any semblance of truth.

Demand as you will that a Jew will come to save you ... but you KNOW better.

The pope would not lift a finger to save a Protestant unless that Protestant became Catholic ... and a Jew would not lift a finger to save a Catholic or a Protestant or a Muslim unless they all converted to JUDAISM.

You KNOW that, but you will not admit it to your stubborn self!!!

Religion is ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Star Wars 17,537
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,711
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 2 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 3 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web