Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,925)

Showing posts 438,481 - 438,500 of532,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Oh Sinner Man! Where you gonna run to
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate the Catholic Church. I have been honest about how I see almost all the Catholics posting here v Catholicism and the Church. Also when I see something inaccurate said about the Orthodox Church or beliefs I will post. If I say something about Catholicism I try to accurate and put time in reading. Or if I have read something that contradicts what was aid I usually will make a comment. I would agree wholeheartedly that I am much more accepting of the Born Agains, Protestants, Evangelists, Nondenominationals, Pentecostals here and I know that is upsetting to those who then think I am not defending the Theotokos or Baptism or the Eucharist. I know most would not understand but that is actually rock hard strength in my beliefs because I can listen and engage without having to attack, which never works. All this screaming back and forth and no one here has ever changed their position.I also have said that I respect Anthony and some of the newer Caths and I think one older Cath here (cant think of their names)I don't see my changing my perception of other Caths.
Pentecostals here
I agree, malicious attacks solve nothing and are rooted in evil. That's why the Catholics here, all of them, were shocked upon reading the protestant responses. Every Catholic has said so at one time or another without exception. We just never heard this kind of thing before. While I don't have any Orthodox family members, I have had a few Orthodox friends in the past and not one of them would have dreamt of calling the Church an abortion or the Bride of Frankenstein. That one's going to take a while for me to forgive, especially since she's persisting in that state. It's not good for her soul, Herme. I think you know that making nice at all costs, even with those who verbally desecrate our Lord in the Eucharist, is unacceptable. We are to pray for these people, yes. So I will keep all of you in my prayers that your hearts will convert as this is not simply a matter of a difference of opinion or religious belief. I wish your (collective) feelings were that innocent. Hope you're feeling well.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

God takes NO pleasure in my suffering. None. Zero. Nada. Lamentations 3:31-33 says:

For the Lord will not cast off forever, but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not afflict from his heart or grieve the children of men.

Commenting on this passage, Thomas Brooks says:

God takes no delight to afflict his children; it goes against the grain of his heart. It grieves him to be grievous to them; it pains him to punish then, and it is like death to him to strike them. He has no inclination or dispostion to the work of afflicting themÖ

Iím a dad. I love my children so much, and I do not take any pleasure in disciplining my children. There are times when I must discipline them, but it does not bring me any pleasure. Our heavenly father does not take any pleasure in causing us to suffer. He is not a cosmic sadist. Yes, he uses suffering for our good. Yes, he uses suffering to make us more like Jesus. Yes, he works all of our sufferings for his glory and our good. But he does not enjoy breaking us. He does not take a perverted pleasure in seeing us brought to nothing. All suffering is the result of sin in the world (not necessarily personal sin, but the fact that sin is in the world).

How sad it must be for God when I think he enjoys hurting me. How hurtful it must be to him when I believe he enjoys orchestrating my suffering. His heart is tender toward me. His hands are gentle around me. It grieves him to be grievous to me. It is like death for him to strike me.

Scripture promises we will suffer. When we suffer, letís not believe the Satanic lie that God somehow enjoys making us suffer. Nothing could be further from the truth. He ordains, orchestrates, and uses suffering. But he never, ever delights in causing suffering.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lisren sis---I think the cathaholic church don't like ta have "fish frys" cause the blind folks gits the place confused wit the local house id ill repute...causes a bit of embarrasment--ya know what I mean?
nope lol...spit it out...lol

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I personally find you and Sera refreshing. I never knew much about Orthodoxy ..thought it was,part of the CC. with out the Pope
Did someone say your church started a,schism..isn't that like a,heresy or is it just a,split..actually thought it was a matter of locations???
Thanks so much RoSezc. I have followed your thoughts and believe you are intelligent, sincere, and fair. Churches consider Schism worse than heresy. A heretic holds beliefs that violate the core belief(s) of whatever Church makes the accusation. A schismatic is more dangerous because they break the Church into pieces-take people with them.

Catholics would say we schismed. Orthodox would hold that Catholics schismed.Many,many factors- including the competition among all the church sees that existed from the beginning (Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, Rome, Constantinople).Then there were serious differences in some beliefs. The Franks coming into the Cath Church and the Turks taking over Constantinople made them more apart. Language= especially language being mutually misunderstood when they dialogued about theology. Power-Ego- 2 big ones.

I know that many Caths here speak re reunion being imminent and our Patriarchs becoming in favor of this. But frankly I do not see it. The Patriarchs are respected and loved but not obeyed. Though on the surface we both have confession, etc.if you really get to the core, there are serious differences in how we look at Original v Ancestral sin, salvation, mysticism, church organization, considering things of God mysteries that we can only try to explain v Catholic tendency to analyze such issues, church more as a hospital and sin more as an illness for which need Christ's therapy (of course still holding us accountable).The entire goal of our Church is better relationship and union with God, not how adept you are at dogma or theology.

Anyway thanks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, malicious attacks solve nothing and are rooted in evil. That's why the Catholics here, all of them, were shocked upon reading the protestant responses. Every Catholic has said so at one time or another without exception. We just never heard this kind of thing before. While I don't have any Orthodox family members, I have had a few Orthodox friends in the past and not one of them would have dreamt of calling the Church an abortion or the Bride of Frankenstein. That one's going to take a while for me to forgive, especially since she's persisting in that state. It's not good for her soul, Herme. I think you know that making nice at all costs, even with those who verbally desecrate our Lord in the Eucharist, is unacceptable. We are to pray for these people, yes. So I will keep all of you in my prayers that your hearts will convert as this is not simply a matter of a difference of opinion or religious belief. I wish your (collective) feelings were that innocent. Hope you're feeling well.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, Regina. God has blessed me tremendously. After 2 years
they finally have a diagnosis for my condition. It puzzled 4 hospitals. So now there is hope. Still on oxygen but doing much better. Christ is our hope!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Cut the grap regina...your personal insults on me and anyone else here is childess.The debate is the catholic church and if YOu or any other catholic here takes it personal than that is You ALLs problems.But it insult me personally or any one else here just shows that you have to resort to insults like a baby in the school play yard.Now how would you like it if I or someone else here called you an ugly old hag?...name calling is a show of desperation.YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPLY TO ME...by the way..I'm still waiting for your proof...put up or shut up..
I will reply to whomever I please.

The date my paperwork is showing is at the end of October of last year. You said you were going to get your phone records which would solve the problem once and for all. Why haven't you done so? Frankly, at this point, I no longer care as I know the truth and so does God. I don't have to prove anything. But it would likely calm you down a bit.

Old hag? I don't know what you're talking about. I've been called much worse than that by the protestants on this board. In fact, you and Herme were witnesses to it and objected strongly. Now you're agreeing with them. Somehow I don't think that's the work of God in your lives.

I will pray for you. You don't sound well at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who made the statement, the onus is on you, kid. I don't need to defend the Catholic Church, Christ has taken care of all of that and if you don't think your attacks on His Church aren't personal, you're even more clueless than you appear. YOu sound like a child, are you old enough to be on here?
I'm old enough BUt not as old as you....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
God takes NO pleasure in my suffering. None. Zero. Nada. Lamentations 3:31-33 says:
For the Lord will not cast off forever, but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not afflict from his heart or grieve the children of men.
Commenting on this passage, Thomas Brooks says:
God takes no delight to afflict his children; it goes against the grain of his heart. It grieves him to be grievous to them; it pains him to punish then, and it is like death to him to strike them. He has no inclination or dispostion to the work of afflicting themÖ
Iím a dad. I love my children so much, and I do not take any pleasure in disciplining my children. There are times when I must discipline them, but it does not bring me any pleasure. Our heavenly father does not take any pleasure in causing us to suffer. He is not a cosmic sadist. Yes, he uses suffering for our good. Yes, he uses suffering to make us more like Jesus. Yes, he works all of our sufferings for his glory and our good. But he does not enjoy breaking us. He does not take a perverted pleasure in seeing us brought to nothing. All suffering is the result of sin in the world (not necessarily personal sin, but the fact that sin is in the world).
How sad it must be for God when I think he enjoys hurting me. How hurtful it must be to him when I believe he enjoys orchestrating my suffering. His heart is tender toward me. His hands are gentle around me. It grieves him to be grievous to me. It is like death for him to strike me.
Scripture promises we will suffer. When we suffer, letís not believe the Satanic lie that God somehow enjoys making us suffer. Nothing could be further from the truth. He ordains, orchestrates, and uses suffering. But he never, ever delights in causing suffering.
Beautiful, LTM. Through the trials of life I have come to believe, when we suffer, God in His Perfect love suffers with us. Philosophy would say a perfect God could not grieve but ( you would know the verse). Our God is not a God of philosophy and no philosopher ever suffered on a cross for me.Thanks

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you firmly believe pigs do fly!!!!!!
I take it you don't have imagination, huh?

IMO if you were to say this to Roger Waters - he probably won't believe you.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2011...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible and the bible alone, and my private judgement of the meaning of the bible is contrary to every Christian witness for the first 15 centuries. Even Luther was inconsolable when he realized what he'd done.
Does it matter to you?
That is common among Catholics...Scripture cannot be understood by the natural man...per Scripture..

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, heck no!
I'm talking about the one buried by the pyramids. It's been there since the end of the last ice age...before the first Egyptian dynasty. It can be located in the "circles, and not the triangles.
They tried to drill there once and hit an object that the drill could not penetrate. I believe THAT was it.
A "magician will do too!
Maybe this one?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Thanks so much RoSezc. I have followed your thoughts and believe you are intelligent, sincere, and fair. Churches consider Schism worse than heresy. A heretic holds beliefs that violate the core belief(s) of whatever Church makes the accusation. A schismatic is more dangerous because they break the Church into pieces-take people with them.
Catholics would say we schismed. Orthodox would hold that Catholics schismed.Many,many factors- including the competition among all the church sees that existed from the beginning (Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, Rome, Constantinople).Then there were serious differences in some beliefs. The Franks coming into the Cath Church and the Turks taking over Constantinople made them more apart. Language= especially language being mutually misunderstood when they dialogued about theology. Power-Ego- 2 big ones.
I know that many Caths here speak re reunion being imminent and our Patriarchs becoming in favor of this. But frankly I do not see it. The Patriarchs are respected and loved but not obeyed. Though on the surface we both have confession, etc.if you really get to the core, there are serious differences in how we look at Original v Ancestral sin, salvation, mysticism, church organization, considering things of God mysteries that we can only try to explain v Catholic tendency to analyze such issues, church more as a hospital and sin more as an illness for which need Christ's therapy (of course still holding us accountable).The entire goal of our Church is better relationship and union with God, not how adept you are at dogma or theology.
Anyway thanks.
This is some of the kind of thing I was referring to, Herme. We also hold in awe the mysteries of God and don't try to analyze every little thing. As well, we view the Church as a type of hospital for the illness of sin, Christ as the Divine Physician, and most certainly aim for closer union with God as opposed to being "adept" at dogma/theology. This is an error on your part; it's actually a prejudice. I'm not sure where you got it from but it's incorrect. Yes, we argue theology here as it is our doctrines which are being attacked, e.g. the Real Presence, the ever virginity of the Blessed Virgin. But legalism is actually a protestant construct. And those "serious" differences aren't quite so serious if one really takes a close look. That's also another prejudice, an attempt at distancing, but it's not quite accurate. I know there's only so much one can read, but there's quite a lot that proves you wrong. If a reunion doesn't happen, that's fine, too. So that's not where I'm coming from.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I'm old enough BUt not as old as you....
Oh, that's right, I'm Herme's age. Can't wait until I'm older, I can't stand being this young. All my friends, except for one, are older than I am and I really admire them.

So glad you're starting to calm down, you sounded quite ill for a while there.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

<quoted text>I know most would not understand but that is actually rock hard strength in my beliefs because I can listen and engage without having to attack, which never works.
:o)

One does not need religion to live a beautiful, loving life.

An open mind is when peace comes.

An open mind is where love resides.

An open mind is why people excel.

"Change - the only thing that stays the same."

Thanks for the honesty Herme - it is always welcome and IMO - it shows you care.

If only more people in this world could see this "world-view" and not be so egotistical, in which we see daily.

Hope you are feeling great!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will reply to whomever I please.
The date my paperwork is showing is at the end of October of last year. You said you were going to get your phone records which would solve the problem once and for all. Why haven't you done so? Frankly, at this point, I no longer care as I know the truth and so does God. I don't have to prove anything. But it would likely calm you down a bit.
Old hag? I don't know what you're talking about. I've been called much worse than that by the protestants on this board. In fact, you and Herme were witnesses to it and objected strongly. Now you're agreeing with them. Somehow I don't think that's the work of God in your lives.
I will pray for you. You don't sound well at all.
I am not well?? Could being betrayed be the reason??I didnt get the records from at&t BECAUSE you spoke up that you had proof.fact is you dont have the proof and you already know he was in the hospital in Oct so that doesnt prove anything..what ever...the fact is you know who your friends are when you really need them.And your right,God does know the truth so why on earth would I lie about it? What would I have to gain? I have enough going on in my life than to create a second life on a computer with lies...What I object to on this forum is the PERSONAL ATTACKS AND THE NAME CALLING...the fact that one person feels the need to step on the integrigy of one person to make themselves feel like a big shot.Save your prayes for yourselve.You will need them more than me for I have real caring and loving family and friends that are truly caring for Hermi and myselfs well being.....I dont hate you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good stuff HS.
Now woyld you please explain to them what "water really is. They would never believe me if god were to verify it. I am an arrogant hateful individual in the eyes if these ignorant subjugates...just because I don't believe in their(your) deity.
It does seem that I understand the religion better than it's adherents.
IMO - Christianity uses the symbolism provided, but instead of understanding the symbolism, "literalist" took charge and decided to put their own spin on the symbols - incorrectly.

*shrugs*

Maybe one day, the symbolism will speak what the authors meant to express.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, malicious attacks solve nothing and are rooted in evil. That's why the Catholics here, all of them, were shocked upon reading the protestant responses. Every Catholic has said so at one time or another without exception.
...ahem!...you really are moving down that path?

*sighs*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of these "scriptures" do you think are righteouos, and can lead to someone being perfect?
http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/laws.htm
Here are a couple I doubt you abide by......
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
I recognize your hiss.....crawl back under your rock...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Catholics had a concept called the age of accountability.
You got it basackwards....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 438,481 - 438,500 of532,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

435 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 719,816
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 9 min brad 88
snapchat dirty pics shemale 10 min h1tman -290 4
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Naveen kumar 4,443
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Strength and Honor 172,188
Placing children in homosexual homes is MORALLY... 32 min Doctor REALITY 15
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min meman 114,929
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min Dave Nelson 223,974
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 256,337
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••