Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,588
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454121 Jun 19, 2013
The emperor was a devout Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

In Emperor Charles V’s “Penal Rules” of 1532 Article 133 imposed the death penalty for the use of contraceptives.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454122 Jun 19, 2013
They were fortunate to not be put to death for giving voice to their own opinions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

On the Virgin Mary, Jovian was of the opinion that Mary had indeed conceived Jesus as a virgin, but not borne him as one, because in giving birth Mary’s bodily virginity had come to an end. Thus he contested the doctrine of the so-called “virginity in birth,” that is, he denied that Mary’s hymen remained intact during childbirth. But early on such a foregone biological conclusion was an outrage to pious ears, as it is now. Some respected ascetical laymen turned to Pope Siricius and called for the condemnation of the heretic. Thereupon Siricius excommunicated him and eight of his followers (391).

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454123 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where there is a vehicle, but it is buried, and I don't know the code...it was lost.
Are you going to let a little thing such as that stop you???

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#454124 Jun 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"BT42 meet hojo".....*scary music begins in the background*
:o)
<snort>

"Twilight Zone" theme...

I wouldn't get too close ta me if'n I was you NA, the cathaholics got's me scheduled fer "smite'n".
I think ther gonna conjure up that satana fella as a WITNESS FER THE PERSECUTION.
Say, you ain't seen that Jesus fella around anywhere have ya?
I might need me a good lawyer fer this...I heard tell he was real good at such stuff...fact is, I think you was the one what told me it.
If you can get him ta "fix" the case, I might jist get that ship dug up an show ya where I come from...it's a real long trip though...most of the folks ya know will be dead if ya decide ta come back.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454125 Jun 19, 2013
Because they had faith in the words taught by their theologians, devout Catholics were terrified of being excommunicated. They were certain they would burn for eternity in hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Bell, book and candle. The popular phrase for ceremonial EXCOMMUNICATION in the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. After pronouncing sentence the officiating cleric closes his book, quenches the candle by throwing it to the ground and tolls the bell as for the one who has died. The book symbolizes the book of life, the candle that the soul is removed from the sight of God as the candle from the sight of man.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454126 Jun 19, 2013
923
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd have to go back an look don't remember at this time, it was something stated to you that you doubted and I found interesting.

interesting, will have to check this out, though there is a stumbling block, the catholic church, what are they hiding in their archives, and what was in the books they burned. This will be hard to prove with missing and unseen documents.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#454127 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you threaten me with a deity you can't even prove exists...
You people are a riot.
BTW- I don't believe in "your" deity.
Good 4 U.

Nobody is forcing you to believe in 'our' Diety either!

What kinda moron spends hrs trying to trash something that doesn't even exist??

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#454128 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to let a little thing such as that stop you???
:)
It don't work without the dang code June! An we gotta wait till this stupid planet(solar system) is just above the galactic plane of alignment(it's one o' them "free power" glitches). The Mayans knew all about it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454129 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us EXAMINE the DEFINITION of the words BORN AGAIN
BORN OF WATER..BORN OF THE FLESH
BORN OF THE SPIRIT....as used in JOHN 3:3-6
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be BORN AGAIN,
G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.
he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man
be BORN OF WATER
G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.
and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6
That which is BORN OF THE FLESH
G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.
is flesh; and
that which is BORN OF THE SPIRIT
G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.
is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be BORN AGAIN
G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.
NOTE THE DEFINITIONS OF BEING BORN OF THE FLESH WATER AND OF THE
SPIRIT ARE THE SAME...
THERE IS NOT THE SLIGHTEST HINT ...HERE...THAT IT ALLUDES TO WATER
BAPTISM
Except for it saying "water".
Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454130 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Here.
I was baptized, which remitted my original sin and joined me to the Kingdom of God.
Good one, huh?
**********
Not really, Dan. People are baptized BECAUSE and AFTER they have believed on JESUS...not a church program.
You obviously trust the CC; I would that your love were as obvious for Jesus and His people.
I can treat you...or any other person, of ANY creed, as 'worthy'...because of the love of God. You believe that Jesus is Lord because you've been told that, not because you have been moved to KNOW that He is YOUR Lord.
You are trusting in your CC baptism...not in HIM...
Blessings...
KayMarie
Jesus said baptism was necessary.

Good enough for me.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454131 Jun 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I posted two links in past posts....look them up. And you implied that Orthodox did eat fish by posting the fish fry.No Orthodox eat fish during Lent.
I implied that they threw a fish fry, because they threw a fish fry.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454132 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you see the word "men" in: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.....
"Men" as in "mankind".

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454133 Jun 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Fasting in the Orthodox Church
General Guidelines for Fasting 2011
The guiding rule of the Fathers - never eat to the point of feeling full but rise from the table knowing that more could be taken and one is ready for prayer.
Fasting is never required when there are health issues that require the eating of certain foods.
Parents decide what age to begin a child fasting from foods. More importantly is teaching the fasting from behaviors not pleasing to God.
Foods allowed during Lent - this is considered Strict Fast
A vegetarian diet including but not limited to bread, grains, vegetables, soup, tofu, fruits, nuts, beans, shellfish, octopus, squid, juice, coffee, tea or water.
Foods not allowed during Great Lent:
All meat, poultry, fish, olive oil (vegetable oil is allowed), dairy products, cheese, milk, butter, eggs, and alcoholic beverages. Fish & olive oil are allowed on March 25 (Feast of the Annunciation) and Palm Sunday, April 17, 2011.
Days on which the number of meals is limited:
It is customary to limit the number of strict fast meals on Clean Monday (the first day of Lent, March 7, 2011), and on any day that you are preparing to receive Communion at a Presanctified liturgy.
Preparing for Presanctified Liturgies in the late afternoon:
There are three ways to prepare depending upon your personal abilities.
• If you are able - keep complete fast the entire day and have a meal after the Liturgy
• Or have a fast worthy breakfast, no lunch followed by a meal after the Liturgy
• Or have a fast worthy breakfast followed by a light lunch and a meal after the Liturgy.
Fasting Recommendation for Assumption Parishioners
Level I is recommended for those who never or rarely keep the fast throughout the year on Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Start by not eating any meat the first week of Lent and during Holy Week.
• Do not eat meat every Wednesday and Friday during Lent.
• Attempt to continue the Wednesday, Friday fast throughout the rest of the year and graduate next year to Level II.
Level II is recommended for those who keep the fast on Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the year but rarely follow a strict fast including dairy products and fish.
• 40 days no meat, plus all of Holy Week
• Dairy products & fish are allowed but not on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Level III is the ideal for those who fast throughout the year.
• 40 days of Lent and Holy Week are kept as a strict fast.
You may create your own guidelines that may be a combination of the above recommendations, please consult your priest if you have questions.
http://www.assumptionaz.org/studies_in_orthod...
http://www.americancatholic.or g/features/lent/lentrules.aspx .......lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454134 Jun 19, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollars, Pesos, Euros – whatever.
A Basilica costs millions and the Roman Catholic Church has many of them.
Some are in very poor countries.
Avro Manhattan wrote a book about the “The Vatican Billions” and it is very interesting and authentic.
http://archive.org/details/TheVaticanBillions
From... http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/vat...
Jesus, the founder of Christianity, was the poorest of the poor.
Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth.
How come, that such an institution, ruling in the name of this same itinerant preacher, whose want was such that he had not even a pillow upon which to rest his head, is now so top-heavy with riches that she can rival - indeed, that she can put to shame - the combined might of the most redoubtable financial trusts, of the most potent industrial super-giants, and of the most prosperous global corporation of the world?
It is a question that has echoed along the sombre corridors of history during almost 2,000 years; a question that has puzzled, bewildered and angered in turn untold multitudes from the first centuries to our days.
The startling contradiction of the tremendous riches of the Roman Catholic Church with the direct teaching of Christ concerning their unambiguous rejection, is TOO GLARING to be by-passed, tolerated or ignored by even the most indifferent of believers.
In the past, indeed, some of the most virulent fulminations against such mammonic accumulation came from individuals whose zeal and religious fervour were second to none.
Their denunciations of the wealth, pomp, luxury and worldly habits of abbots, bishops, cardinals and popes can still be heard thundering with unabated clamour at the opening of almost any page of the chequered annals of western history.
But, while it was to their credit that such men had the honesty to denounce the very church to which they had dedicated their lives, it is also to the latter’s discredit that she took no heed of the voices of anguish and anger of those of her sons who had taken the teaching of the Gospel to the letter and therefore were eager that the Roman Catholic system, which claimed to be the true bride of Christ, be as poor as one she called master.
When she did not silence them, she ignored them or, at the most, considered them utterances of religious innocents, to be tolerated as long as her revenue was not made to suffer.
Whenever that happened the Vatican did not hesitate to resort of the most prompt and drastic coercion to silence anyone capable of setting in motion forces, within or outside her, likely to divest her of her wealth.
So Dan, no need for crass inorance now. You have been corrected.
...by Avro Manhattan?

Probably not.

Jack Chick sells his books. That's all we need to know about him and his work.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454135 Jun 19, 2013
921
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 is the passage.
Romans 3:23 deals with personal sin. Jesus Christ was without personal sin, I hope you'd admit.
Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
I will give odds and bet that you are not able to quote Scripture that supports this bag of hot air: Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.

I will double my bet and raise the odds that you will okay one of your "tradition" cards....which the pope regurgitated and you swallowed it whole...licked your lips and said: Dang!!!! that was tasty!!!!

BTW..Joseph soiled her vessel....many many times: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454136 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied that they threw a fish fry, because they threw a fish fry.
you know it is very sad to say this but I trust no catholic on this forum...wish I could..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454137 Jun 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Fasting in the Orthodox Church
General Guidelines for Fasting 2011
The guiding rule of the Fathers - never eat to the point of feeling full but rise from the table knowing that more could be taken and one is ready for prayer.
Fasting is never required when there are health issues that require the eating of certain foods.
Parents decide what age to begin a child fasting from foods. More importantly is teaching the fasting from behaviors not pleasing to God.
Foods allowed during Lent - this is considered Strict Fast
A vegetarian diet including but not limited to bread, grains, vegetables, soup, tofu, fruits, nuts, beans, shellfish, octopus, squid, juice, coffee, tea or water.
Foods not allowed during Great Lent:
All meat, poultry, fish, olive oil (vegetable oil is allowed), dairy products, cheese, milk, butter, eggs, and alcoholic beverages. Fish & olive oil are allowed on March 25 (Feast of the Annunciation) and Palm Sunday, April 17, 2011.
Days on which the number of meals is limited:
It is customary to limit the number of strict fast meals on Clean Monday (the first day of Lent, March 7, 2011), and on any day that you are preparing to receive Communion at a Presanctified liturgy.
Preparing for Presanctified Liturgies in the late afternoon:
There are three ways to prepare depending upon your personal abilities.
• If you are able - keep complete fast the entire day and have a meal after the Liturgy
• Or have a fast worthy breakfast, no lunch followed by a meal after the Liturgy
• Or have a fast worthy breakfast followed by a light lunch and a meal after the Liturgy.
Fasting Recommendation for Assumption Parishioners
Level I is recommended for those who never or rarely keep the fast throughout the year on Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Start by not eating any meat the first week of Lent and during Holy Week.
• Do not eat meat every Wednesday and Friday during Lent.
• Attempt to continue the Wednesday, Friday fast throughout the rest of the year and graduate next year to Level II.
Level II is recommended for those who keep the fast on Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the year but rarely follow a strict fast including dairy products and fish.
• 40 days no meat, plus all of Holy Week
• Dairy products & fish are allowed but not on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Level III is the ideal for those who fast throughout the year.
• 40 days of Lent and Holy Week are kept as a strict fast.
You may create your own guidelines that may be a combination of the above recommendations, please consult your priest if you have questions.
http://www.assumptionaz.org/studies_in_orthod...
Thanks.

I didn't really care, but Seraphima thinks it's really important that I know the Orthodox don't eat the fish they sell here in Omaha.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454138 Jun 19, 2013
921
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 is the passage.
Romans 3:23 deals with personal sin. Jesus Christ was without personal sin, I hope you'd admit.
Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
NABre

28And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.

Where do it say: full of grace?????!!!

Hello!!!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#454139 Jun 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good 4 U.
Nobody is forcing you to believe in 'our' Diety either!
What kinda moron spends hrs trying to trash something that doesn't even exist??
Found a kindred spirit looks like!!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454140 Jun 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>man am I lucky I'm not religious,do all groups act this nutty?
LOL not all Jethro, but their are a few in each group.

My cat is not doing well, I have to put her down.
she has lost use of her back legs.
I hate this .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 51 min Mandela 119,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr It aint necessari... 778,840
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,482
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 2 hr vicky9669 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr Mandela 37,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,923
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 22 hr risque 137
More from around the web