Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,894)

Showing posts 437,861 - 437,880 of532,300
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave me a hypothetical about 2 pastors teaching different thing.
I was not deflecting..just saying 2 priest s may act differently regarding your dogma..
I gave you the best answer since I had NO idea what these guys taught differently..I assumed they would follow bible teaching or lose their job..best ANSWER..
Maybe someone else's answer would be different ..if they believe in biblical. Teaching I doubt it..
Catholic priests don't teach different things concerning Catholic faith.

They may, as illustrated, apply Canon Law at their discretion (the communion example), but the teaching behind what they do isn't at their discretion.

Bible-only faiths DO teach differently.

Baptists and Lutherans, for example, both hold to sola Scriptura-"bible believing".

"(Baptists) reject the sacraments (both Baptism and the Lord's Supper) as instruments through which God graciously creates or strengthens faith in human hearts. They treat the sacraments as "ordinances" to be obeyed, and being baptized or receiving communion is an "act of obedience" and something WE do rather than primarily a tool of God to give blessings."

Lutherans believe in Baptism and the Lord's Supper as conferrals of grace.

Continuing:

http://www.wels.net/what-we-believe/questions...

"Most Baptists believe we can cooperate in our conversion, making a decision for Christ. Lutherans believe we cooperate with the Holy Spirit only after our conversion. He is completely responsible for the change that takes place in our conversion.

We believe in election to salvation as taught in Ephesians 1. The Bible clearly says there is no predestination to damnation, but God wants all to be saved.

Many Baptists hold to a concept called "once saved, always saved" that they called "eternal security." We believe a person can fall from faith because the Bible says he can (Hebrews 10:26-31, 1 Corinthians 10:12). We don't base this conclusion on reason. But in this case the principle is the same as a common principle of daily life: if I give you a gift of money, you have not done anything to earn it, but if you foolishly throw it away you lose the benefit of the gift. Faith and forgiveness is a pure gift, but the person who throws them away loses the blessing that was his."

Both denominations claim the same source for their teachings-the Bible and just the Bible, yet hold very different positions from this same source.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do or do nit believe that The baby has a,soul in the womb.
He knit it there.
And if the poor things life is ended ..That soul is with Jesus.
~~~

The Bible says of Jeremiah.. God forms us in the womb

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I (g) formed thee in the womb I knew thee; and before thou wast born I sanctified thee,[and] I ordained thee a prophet to the (h) nations.

(g) The scripture uses this manner of speech to declare that God has appointed his minsters to their offices before they were born, as in

(Isa_49:1; Gal_1:15).

Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far;

The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

___

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>They served it to all those that NOT Orthodox to raise money But Orthodox do not eat fish during Lent.thanks for the church name....
All I said was that they had a fish fry.

I didn't take a position as to whether the Orthodox ate the fish or not.

Why wouldn't an Orthodox eat fish during Lent?
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going to answer me....and both of us know why...it says plain as day that every human being who has the capacity to known their actions or lack of are sins, are sinners.
And we both know that Christians led by the Holy Spirit know that the Word of God says Mary was a sinner...same as you and I...but Catholics ignore this Scripture and teach opposite to it.
This is not a Catholic and a Protestant both being led by the Holy Spirit and disagreeing on Scripture...It is a Catholic trashing the Word of God to follow a false teaching by his religion...and a Christian doing what Christians do...follow the teaching of Christ.
You want another??? How about Mary being taken unto wife by Joseph, per Scripture, and the idiotic teaching that she remained a virgin???!!!!
You haven't asked me a question.

Please cite where I or any Catholic on the board has "trashed" scripture.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

you are against me my family and my people
evil is always evil

better died for ever then give soul for evil
nk
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyy

my anger can remove you all
remember that
who say that
not me
'if i need remove entire sun system will be deference'

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, don't you realize that this means you are trusting your own efforts, and not Jesus, to save you?
Absolutely, we should try to live holy lives, for any number of reasons. But UNLESS you can live a PERFECT life, 100% sinless in every possible way life, you are damned.
James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
Jesus WANTS us to trust Him to save us. If He didn't, He wouldn't have laid down His life for us, nor sent us the Counselor at Pentecost.
You just answered your own question.

I didn't say I could bring about my own salvation. I DID say that I'm not assured of Heaven if I don't do what Jesus taught-love one another as yourself and love Him.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we as Catholics will continue to live in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass, the Sacred Scriptures, the Eucharist,(Christs TRUE body and blood), Baptism, the other Sacraments, and nightly prayer and adoration. You, Black Thunder--"can do what you want"!!!
~~~
Your idolatry, WILLFUL SIN, blatant disobedience to GOD'S WORD,..

.and other pagan practices will be measured by the

standard of God's word...

All other things, you do... that God has

forbidden... will be subject to be accounted for, when you stand before

God in judgment...

Mat_16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mar_8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic priests don't teach different things concerning Catholic faith.
They may, as illustrated, apply Canon Law at their discretion (the communion example), but the teaching behind what they do isn't at their discretion.
Bible-only faiths DO teach differently.
Baptists and Lutherans, for example, both hold to sola Scriptura-"bible believing".
"(Baptists) reject the sacraments (both Baptism and the Lord's Supper) as instruments through which God graciously creates or strengthens faith in human hearts. They treat the sacraments as "ordinances" to be obeyed, and being baptized or receiving communion is an "act of obedience" and something WE do rather than primarily a tool of God to give blessings."
Lutherans believe in Baptism and the Lord's Supper as conferrals of grace.
Continuing:
http://www.wels.net/what-we-believe/questions...
"Most Baptists believe we can cooperate in our conversion, making a decision for Christ. Lutherans believe we cooperate with the Holy Spirit only after our conversion. He is completely responsible for the change that takes place in our conversion.
We believe in election to salvation as taught in Ephesians 1. The Bible clearly says there is no predestination to damnation, but God wants all to be saved.
Many Baptists hold to a concept called "once saved, always saved" that they called "eternal security." We believe a person can fall from faith because the Bible says he can (Hebrews 10:26-31, 1 Corinthians 10:12). We don't base this conclusion on reason. But in this case the principle is the same as a common principle of daily life: if I give you a gift of money, you have not done anything to earn it, but if you foolishly throw it away you lose the benefit of the gift. Faith and forgiveness is a pure gift, but the person who throws them away loses the blessing that was his."
Both denominations claim the same source for their teachings-the Bible and just the Bible, yet hold very different positions from this same source.
Can the man fallen from grace repent .directly to the Lord ..because He knows he must from the Spirit he received eith salvation.

We don't say..you have eternal security ..you may sin as often as you like

Is salvation from Christ alone. And we are washed by His blood ??

We humans tend to put too many words and hurdle jumping to everything.

Imo.

CHRIST saves or He doesn't. HIS sacrifice alone is sufficient for the price..

We gain the Spirit within us to tell us if we are doing wrong and give us strength..when we become believers.

We get baptized in obedience ..call it what they want its Baptism as Christ said to do.

Get on your knees and repent ..the previous blood was shed for EVERY SIN ..That cup was full of our filth..past ..present and future.

If a man is saved ..He us saved and despite sin..the Spirit will bring him back ..just like the Prodigal Son.

I have come to believe..God is very possessive if His own and will break us in heart to get our attention.

He is the GOOD SHEPHERD..He knows His sheep and will go after the one that strays.

We serve a great and Holy Lord.
.when the mark of the Spirit is on us ..We can go back to the Cross..because in our faith we know it is JESUS who saved us and washes our sin.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil denotes the temptation of a devil. I don't use the word evil in what I write from my own opinions.
They have used religion to commit horrible atrocities. No devil lured them. They did it by their own choices.
where good is not found, evil exists, evil is just the absence of good. no devil involved.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is no deity.
Religion is simply mental masturbation as "I am certain I'm saved, I'm having a mental orgasm it makes me so happy."
Silly people!
I agree about the non-existence of a god, never had a mental orgasm before though. what does it feel like?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

StarC wrote:
Time to start dinner, dear husband is coming home soon, starving!
Have a wonderful evening all!
:)
an obedient wife, don't see that to much these days, you read the bible, the rcc catechism and murder mysteries , perfect choices, since the church committed hundreds of murders.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You just answered your own question.
I didn't say I could bring about my own salvation. I DID say that I'm not assured of Heaven if I don't do what Jesus taught-love one another as yourself and love Him.
~~~

You wrote

I didn't say I could bring about my own salvation.

___

YES... YOU CAN BRING ABOUT YOU OWN SALVATION...

BY DOING WHAT GOD'S WORD SAYS...

OR YOU CAN MAKE YOUR BED IN HELL, BY DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD.

Act_5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

you continue to obey men...you will be lost world's with out end...

You give attention to God's word and obey it..

you have God's promise

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

JESUS SAID

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY...HE IS THE ONLY TRUTH...HE IS THE ONLY LIFE..

NO CHURCH NOR DENOMINATION QUALIFIES...

-->GOD THE FATHER SAID...

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased;

--> hear ye him.

JESUS SAID

Luk_8:18

Take heed therefore how ye hear:

for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

==>THE APOSTLE PETER SAID...

Act_2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act_3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me;

==>him shall ye hear in all things

whatsoever he shall say unto you.

STEPHEN PREACHED

Act 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me;

--> him shall ye hear.

Act 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Act 7:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

Act 7:40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

Act 7:41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.

Act 7:42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven;

as it is written in the book of the prophets,

O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices

by the space of forty years in the wilderness?

Eph_5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well fir one Clay it was all over the news. Think it was his bishop gave the restriction.
John just went elsewhere.I would agree both he and Teddy were horrible Catholics..But to Church..communion and Marriage in the Church they went.
the church does not care about their views or anyone else's as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>where good is not found, evil exists, evil is just the absence of good. no devil involved.
Are you forgetting that according to theology, Jehovah created evil? It's apparent that all Christians want to believe that Jehovah created only good ... but you are on purpose ignoring the half of the scripture that disturbs you.

If Jehovah created evil along with good, then you best be careful when you claim that evil is the absence of good. That would mean that you are arguing with Jehovah.

If you are not honest about the many discrepancies written by the theologians ... you will ignore the lies ... and it is NOT good to be dishonest with self.

That is why religion owns so many people.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your idolatry, WILLFUL SIN, blatant disobedience to GOD'S WORD,..
.and other pagan practices will be measured by the
standard of God's word...
Still playing your "I Confrinting am the (final judge) of EVERYONE ESLE'S Salvation"!. Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ...your "never ending list" of mis-quoting and mis interpreting" bible verses (to your own demise and destruction) will continue to be YOUR OWN idol! I/we as Catholics will continue to rely on our personal relationship with Jesus Christ, at daily Mass and the Eucharist (HIS TRUE body and blood)in and through HIS One True Catholic Church and remain with the God Our Fathers as OUR final judge. HE knows our hearts, HE knows that our personal faith and Salvation is in HIS Son Jesus Christ and HE also that your "distorted personal opinions" have no validity when it comes to these "ridiculous claims" of idol worship, and so-called "disobedience to Gods word" that comes out of your "condemning and judgemental bible only (editorializing) ministry. Try reading the testamonies of the "hundreds and hundreds" of Protestant ministers that have converted to the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ in the Catholic Church--beginning with Scott Hahn. You might "just possibly" learn something about Christianity!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

i personally prefer that ..good wife can say necu..no..if she find out someone go on wrong path..why you judge me..

because of that Jesus Christ is perfect..to man why you better then woman..
Jesus Christ know and find out who give life created human civilization..be bless thy womb..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now

did you find that island aleutian

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But we all do it don't we?!
Why? Because we are folks, and we love folks-especially the ones we are closest to! We harbor no disrespect to gender nor sexual preference or age either when it comes down to our own. Love is Love...and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, you understand what I am saying too! You are no different than I!
I believe love is a very maligned word.

Parents will often help sons or daughters, et cetera whom they are emotionally invested in to avoid the law when they have committed crime. However, if the neighbor's teenager committed the same crime, it would be a totally different story. That is NOT love. That is emotional investment.

And you are wrong that some parents will accept differences in gender, etc. Many parents in religion, place their religion ahead of their homosexual offspring. So great is their investment in pleasing an image of a god, they throw their own children out of their lives and will have nothing to do with them.

It's all about how to please self's emotions, and in my opinion, that is a faulty "impression" of supposed love.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is not "pulp fiction" when it destroys family trees and people of society for it's whimsical hatreds.
But those in religion believe that when they preach supposed truth they ARE giving love to others.

So what if they have to kill others in order to make them follow god's truth ... it's all done in the name of love.

Bible in one hand and sword in the other.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

why lutera is been wrong
bless be thy womb
i try transform as map natural womb in within aleutian island

are you for sure not see that photo confeeeeeeeee

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it would appear that their "devil" has infested their church...or it was the church to begin with...looking at it for what it is on the face.
Perhaps the adherents are all "possessed" by the demons also.
It may be high time that christianity "exorcised" the entire RCC church and excommunicated it in light of its atrocities...past and present.
The RCC has been throughout history, and still is an atrocity upon the society in which we live.
It should be held accountable as any other citizen or organization as the KKK for it's atrocities and iniquities against society.
It's quite simple. Until people leave religion behind, they will keep on defending their own personalized cults as being worthy of the highest honors.

What they value, they believe others should value.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 437,861 - 437,880 of532,300
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

555 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Reverend Alan 719,961
truth is out 3 min -truthisout- 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,942
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 256,359
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min bad bob 172,199
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min waaasssuuup 224,002
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 26 min Naveen kumar 491
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 30 min Thamizhan 4,467
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••