Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
437,781 - 437,800 of 533,342 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Get a load of this insanity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Culture of Confession from Augustine to Foucault by Chloe Taylor

Jean Gerson’s On the Confessional of Masturbation is an example of a late medieval confessional manual which demonstrates both the focus on self-effecting sexual sins and the extreme “audacity” and “guile” which Tentler describes. Clerics are told in this manual to insist that (male) penitents admit to the sin of masturbation, which as will be seen below, was deemed as even more serious sin than raping a nun, incest, or abducting and raping virgins and wives, however more common and indeed universal (among males) a sin it was assumed to be judging from the incredulity with which deniers of masturbation were instructed to be met.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
So your deity enjoys producing imperfect creations and calls them "good". That is indeed a failure at any and all levels.
Our God didn't create imperfect creations and call them good. Adam made a choice, and that choice was not good.
We still enjoy God's creation, and I see some 'good' even in some less than perfect people. The mountains and rivers are BEAUTIFUL, even though some of them harbor volcano's, or flood over at times.
I awake each morning to behold their beauty, and enjoy the sun and the beautiful sunsets. My heart thrills at the love of family and friends.
Even we have fallen to 'less-than-perfect' status, our God has done WONDERFUL things...
KayMarie
P.S. Could YOU do any better???
Perhaps you should revisit the account of Genesis then.

Your deity os a failure when you have any understanding of hindsight.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Abortion

Medical progress has simply made theology less dangerous for women’s health, although that will not bring back to life the many women who over the many centuries have fallen victim to theologians.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

who="Oxbow"
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
FYI:
new: new especially in freshness;
Jerusalem: the capitol of Palestine:--
Have no idea what you are using for a Bible...but my KJV, shows new Jerusalem twice in the NT...nothing said about 12 foundations...
Willing to learn...lead the way...

You are 'willing to learn?'

Read Revelations 21:10-14 IN YOUR KJV...

KayMarie

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Very nicely written.
And it sounds very catholic(little c intended).
I think two points.... First is that most people tend to be narrow in their perspective, as simply a function of that is how the brain works. One has to literally "slow" down, and get out of step with time and space, in order to get more spiritually attuned with God.
The second point is a corollary of the first in that we don't give God enough credit in his providence to use all circumstances for good. Our view is limited, and in eternity, the perfection of our souls is obscured to us.
Wish I coukd get the hang of the step out of time thing lol

Wish the New Earth was already here.

But I agree God works all and leaves nothing to chance if He wills it.

And have become more convinced by this forum that He uses all of us to spread His word.

I have had experience with both Catholic and non Cathoilic..So maybe I have fewer misconceptions.

One lady from this forum about four years ago..asked me if the host tasted like bread or meat..That is how far the divide is..sad but true

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="Oxbow"
So then you cannot show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...
Christ was never crucified anywhere but as told in the NT...it was foretold...it was prophesied...but that is not the same as Him actually being crucified...
While on earth He was the incarnate Son of God...so says Scripture...
Rev. 8:13 calls Him 'the Lamb that WAS slain BEFORE the foundation of the world'.
KM
Re 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, the IMPORTANT thing is this.
WHERES MINE!!!!!
Your welcome any time!Come on down!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If your imaginary god didn't allow hell to exist, there would BE no hell.
If you trace all suffering back to the source, the source is your own creator that you adore ONLY because you are certain he is going to save you.
A god that could have created a universe where no suffering exists and yet chose not to must enjoy suffering ... and that means that he will enjoy YOUR suffering ... not just the suffering of all other forms of life.
I prefer to believe that there is no creator than to believe in one that finds you and your religion unbelievably "attractive."
Silly stuff indeed!

If we are going to delve into the great imagination, we might as well make the best of it...The cathaholics have done it to the limits of all imagination for centuries, and the other demoninizations have played it up to the max also.
It makes one wonder where "universal studios" got their name from doesn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What Catholic denies penance?
What Catholic denies the historicity of the practice of indulgences?
I'll deny the false accusation of idol worship. No one's supported that claim by supplying Catholic teaching to worship idols.
Again, why would a Catholic deny what they believe? To assuage your or Mr. GIF? Not hardly.
Who cares?

It's all a concocted ritual in the first place isn't it?

Don't worry about idols...you will have enough trouble proving your deity exists...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard that story. I don't know what you are trying to highlight by this. Are you saying the Church should allow communion to 'pro abortion' activist just because - if they want - the individual can find a way to do it anyway?
I don't think that's how the Church opperates.
No .
I was harking back to your hypothetical about one pastor preaching differently.

I was making a more specific example..if one priest refuses can another do it ..two priests..And it's nit like they don't know who this man is ???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

who="June VanDerMark" From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
Abortion
Medical progress has simply made theology less dangerous for women’s health, although that will not bring back to life the many women who over the many centuries have fallen victim to theologians.

Fallen victim to theologians???

It wasn't theologians that did the back alley/coat hanger abortions. It was Planned Parenthood (not theologians) who promised great health and safety for women if they were allowed 'legal' abortions.

Surely you saw the Gosnell 'trials', and heard of the miserable 'safety' to which women were exposed...and the horrible deaths of their infants. These murder factories are operating around the country...

Theologians are not guilty. They simply beg for the lives of the children.

If a woman has a right to what is in her body, then let her use that 'right' before she sleeps around.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

who="Black Thunder 42"
Perhaps you should revisit the account of Genesis then.
Your deity os a failure when you have any understanding of hindsight.
Try explaining what you mean. This is unclear...
KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It says which scriptures in verse 44.
44 And he said to them: These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must needs be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
That being true...Then why don't you keep the ten commandments....Why do you worship idols?

Since there is nothing said about a Roman Catholic Church in the ABOVE BOOKS...

why

follow something that is foreign to the Old Testament THAT Jesus never mentioned.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST FOLLOW JESUS...AND LEAVE THE CULT FABLES ALONE.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

who="Oxbow"]902

Re 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Please explain...
KM

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard that story. I don't know what you are trying to highlight by this. Are you saying the Church should allow communion to 'pro abortion' activist just because - if they want - the individual can find a way to do it anyway?
I don't think that's how the Church opperates.
Actually on these people..the pols expanding ABORTION or blocking restrictions like the new Pain legislation as they most surely will if it even gets a vote in the Senate..

If I was pope I woukd excommunicated them..

But then as in most things I don't run the world...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
But as Catholics can verify, they make good torches.
Like who else could have given the world Mr. Hitler?
Ask any cathaholic...

Witches make the best torches...their black cats make the next best torches.

Such an ignorant compilation of rhetoric and followers.

You would have to also understand that anyone who might disagree with them in any way is of the "devil" and probably a witch...and therefor should be burned at the stake.
That would also apply to anyone who might ask them to prove that their deity actually exists, after they spew unending rhetoric about it's attributes and abilities.
I have been called arrogant and rude for expecting proper reconciliation for such rhetoric in it's behalf by many of it's subjugates.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope said he prays to Mary.
Only Jesus and Mary had no original sin. Both went directly to Heaven in bodily form.
In the Fatima miracle recognized as the most important in CC history, Mary proclaims that devotion to her sacred heart saves souls.
Worship.
Uh huh, and if my father had tits, he might have been my mother...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

who="Oxbow"]902

Sorry, I got my numbers backward. Rev. 13:8

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan:
I suspect that God in His providence is able to use all Creation in teaching "His word". This includes people of good and evil will, as well as circumstances. In actuality, it is generally under the more difficult circumstances we learn, and our "itching" ears tend to get us into that trouble in the first place.
Our dependence on being taught, indirectly by "teachers", be they approved or not approved, rests in our own shortcomings. Thus the remedy is for the person to deal directly with God.
It most certainly is in my case.
I do not and will not play "telephone" with my existence.

Your deity does not live up to the ALL in a multitude of ways...therefore I must take that as indulgence of man rather than "truth".
Perhaps it is YOU that is inept in understanding of the ALL rather than me. Have you ever considered that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He used to run it out as "God Is Faithful".
"confronting" actually sums up his whole deal better, aesthetically, but GIF is easier to type than having to retrain my brain to misspell "confronting" all the time.
Really?!

Then why doesn't your deity heal amputees?

I would appreciate a direct answer without rhetoric and nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

668 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,525
Nine Eleven 7 min Charlie Sheen 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hidingfromyou 721,969
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Insults Are Easier 256,869
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min godCHILD 115,551
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min Sijo 423
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 18 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 5,263
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Buck Crick 224,543
•••