Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,594
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#453854 Jun 18, 2013
who="Oxbow"]902

Re 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Sorry, I got my numbers backward. Rev. 13:8

KayMarie

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#453855 Jun 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan:
I suspect that God in His providence is able to use all Creation in teaching "His word". This includes people of good and evil will, as well as circumstances. In actuality, it is generally under the more difficult circumstances we learn, and our "itching" ears tend to get us into that trouble in the first place.
Our dependence on being taught, indirectly by "teachers", be they approved or not approved, rests in our own shortcomings. Thus the remedy is for the person to deal directly with God.
It most certainly is in my case.
I do not and will not play "telephone" with my existence.

Your deity does not live up to the ALL in a multitude of ways...therefore I must take that as indulgence of man rather than "truth".
Perhaps it is YOU that is inept in understanding of the ALL rather than me. Have you ever considered that?

Location hidden

#453856 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He used to run it out as "God Is Faithful".
"confronting" actually sums up his whole deal better, aesthetically, but GIF is easier to type than having to retrain my brain to misspell "confronting" all the time.
Really?!

Then why doesn't your deity heal amputees?

I would appreciate a direct answer without rhetoric and nonsense.

Location hidden

#453857 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and Abraham both blazing trails or being pioneers or some such.
About what?...a deity?

Prove the deity exists, then we might actually have some reasonable discourse to discuss.
Until that happens, there is no point nor reason to carry on with the semantics, is there?

Location hidden

#453858 Jun 18, 2013
truth wrote:
All saints and demons will fall..you are who?
I am a god....Your Jesus even said so.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#453859 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Did they believe that if they didn't perform their human-created rituals that god or the devil would attack the "soul" when it crossed over into the hereafter?
Stupid, stupid men!!!>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
Abortion
In 1658 the Franciscan Hieronymus Florentinius demanded that every embryo, no matter how little time had passed since conception, had to be baptized when there was danger of death since it had a soul.
Stupid stupid doctrine. A baby does not HAVE a soul. It becomes a soul when it takes its first breath.

1. Man is made from the dust of the earth and becomes a living soul with the breath of life from God which is the spirit.
2. Fallen man is “mortal.”
3. Fallen man does not have an “immortal soul.”
4. It is not possible to communicate with the dead.
5. Death is a painless, unconscious sleep.
6. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and then rose from the dead.
7. Jesus Christ will resurrect believers at His Second Coming.

Job 4:17 The Bible calls man mortal.

Revelation 16:3 "Every living soul died in the sea." Souls can die.
Ezekiel 18:4 God said,“The soul that sins, it shall die.” Again, the soul can die!

Exodus 1:5 “Seventy souls” went to Egypt. Souls are people.
Acts 2:41 “Three thousand souls” were baptized. Again, souls are people.

1 Peter 3:20 “Eight souls were saved” in Noah’s day. Again, souls are people.

1 Timothy 6:16 God “only has immortality.” Man is not immortal.

2 Timothy 1:10 “Immortality” comes only “through the gospel.”

Romans 2:7 Christians “seek for immortality.”

1 Corinthians 15:53 At the end,“this mortal” shall “put on immortality.”

This just proves that the RCC doctrine is a big bunch of falsehood.

Location hidden

#453860 Jun 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion A Delusion:
Instead of asking for perfect teachings, how about just settling for teachings.(smile)
Most people can relate to the metaphors in the Bible(seeds growing, landowners, houses, family relationships, etc.) because of natural conditions on earth. And that is why the Bible is relevant even today. When you ask for perfect teachings, you have to go to the Source of Perfection, which is God.
Your best bet for teachings on the Catholic Church is called "Catechism of the Catholic Church". It is available online, and will answer "most" all questions.
I suppose what you need to keep in mind is that the understanding of dogma changes, as time progresses. And trying to lock in a definition necessarily then limits understanding.
If it was "inspired" bu your deity, it had better be "perfect" or your deity is "imperfect".

You can not have it both ways.
Your cathaholic rituals do not represent "perfect" teachings of your christ. I really don't think you want to even go there my friend, but you are mpre than welcome of you want to make a complete fool of yourself trying.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453861 Jun 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
BOGUS?
Where the hell is your deity?
It has been challenged, and it doesn't even have the balls to show up and defend itself.
Your deity is BOGUS!
PROVE me wrong.
The fact is that you continuously "prove your (own self) wrong" by your constant rejection of Him. For us as Catholic Christians,
GOD is here with us, omnipresent and is real to all of us who choose to follow HIM.......... HE is fully alive, existing and presently among us, for those of us who accept HIM, seek HIM and desire a personal relationship with HIM........ HE constantly reveals HIMSELF to those who seek HIM earnestly, and HIS son Jesus is anointed to make the presence of God (HIS FATHER) real to those who choose to to receive HIM in HIS True body and True Blood, in the eucharist, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#453862 Jun 18, 2013
The Dead are Unconscious...

Psalms 115:17 “The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.”

Psalms 146:4 When a man dies,“in that very day his thoughts perish.”

Ecclesiastes 9:5 “The dead know not anything.”

Ecclesiastes 9:10 “There is no work... nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave.”

Yet Catholics insist we go straight to Heaven or Hell WHEN WE DIE, contradicting plain scripture.

Location hidden

#453863 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my problem that you believe you will go to heaven and others will go to hell if they don't believe as you believe.
That is how YOU and Rose spend you "idol" time.
I spend my time believing that mysteries still remain mysteries ... no matter what I believe.
I could brag that I know truth, but that would be a lie.
Din't worry June. You will not be going to hell (like you might imagine it). You will have to ride the "special" bus with the rest of us to the pubic pool for those who do not believe in some "special" archaic deity. We will also have to take community naked showers together, as there will be so many of us they will not have facility to care for individual sects. Probably about 30% or more of us will revolt, and be moved to another planet...just like in the original heaven.
See you there!

Location hidden

#453864 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I love this, it's so funny. wonder if the gods are masturbating to your naughty dreams :)
Well, of courde it is!

Well over half the bible is devoted to sex or it's supposed perversion!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453865 Jun 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

Your circular reasoning and obfiscation is not "proof' at all.
It's proof enough for me as well as the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including all Catholic and Protestant Christians on this forum......... Sorry--but your rejection of God becomes "your loss"!!!!

Location hidden

#453866 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Shame on me for telling jethro why it's considered a sin?
I'll pass.
Yer right Dan.

Sometimes it's better to keep yer mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt!

You are welcome for the advice in advance...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#453867 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's proof enough for me as well as the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including all Catholic and Protestant Christians on this forum......... Sorry--but your rejection of God becomes "your loss"!!!!
Catholics are responsible for killing billions. 11 Crusades, Inquisitions, supporting wars..........Catholics on BOTH sides killing each other in ww1 and ww2. Teaching paganism direct from Babylon 2000 years before Christ, enslaving people with traditions rather than the teachings of God. Supporting wars. You are a fool, led by a fool Pope who is worshiped of all things......GOD should be worshiped directly, not images or people. KISS NO MAN'S RING OR HAND!...GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Location hidden

#453868 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possibly the most inane post of yours ever.
You've topped yourself.
even jethro
Does that mean you can actually prove your deity exists?

That would be an all time wonder!

Location hidden

#453869 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't expressed that belief.
Perhaps you meant to direct the comment elsewhere?
It would really be great if you would have your deity come down from it's "high place" and explain it all to us.
Do you think you could make that simple little arrangement for us all?

Location hidden

#453870 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must believe that Jesus was a sinner. The verse says "ALL have sinned.
Right?
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Only a non Christian would ask such a question...do you know the definition of the Greek word for "sinned"????

Location hidden

#453871 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of Alfred Kinsey?
The most sex obsessed man of the 20th century. You can read all about his perversity in the book Case Against Kinsey (sexually stimulating infants for 24 hours straight, for one). He died after castrating himself because all those years of sex obsession coupled with S&M blurred the line in his mind between pleasure and pain.
I think your deity might surpass that record.

Read your book...

Location hidden

#453872 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you must concede that "ALL" was not used in the strictest sense and that some really are without actual sin.
Mary was/is one such person. Jesus was her savior preemptively. He did this so that the place of His Incarnation was not corrupted by satan.
"All" means all whom are capable of sinning...do you know the definition of the Greek word for sinned????

Location hidden

#453873 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be certain,
Are you saying that you are perfect?
Absolutely....perfect as my Father which is in Heaven...per the definition of the Greek word for perfect...never a doubt...

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min lightbeamrider 825,265
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min HipGnosis 442,434
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min One way or another 121,598
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 45 min Paul Porter1 70,114
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 46 min dollarsbill 2,974
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min Paul Porter1 98,806
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min lovewithin 40,101
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 611,760
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 23 hr puspamishra130 190
More from around the web