Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,951
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#453798 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever wondered why the deity is hiding?
All those prayers from Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants all begging to be loved has to be hard on the invisible nerves.
:)
I certainly would not answer the prayers of someone who was lying in my name if I were a god.

Location hidden

#453799 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! and look where Marx, Hitler and all of the infamous dictators and their "ideologies" have ended up over the past 2000 years. They have ALL "come and gone" --YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF ---LIVES ON!!!and will "continue" to LIVE ON as Jesus said it would in Matthew 16.
So are mostr of your popes...just as infamous or even more so than those you point your finger at.
I wouldn't push the issue if I were you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453800 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have married priest, those that have converted from other faiths. When they retire they will be replaced with a single priest.
"Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed
approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that
they do not marry. He made this quite clear when He praised the
Apostles for giving up "all" to follow Him, saying, "And every one
that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or
mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall
receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting."
(Matt. 19:27-29). The Apostle Paul explained why the unmarried
state is preferable to the married state for the Christian
clergy: "He that is without a wife, is solicitous for the things
that belong to the Lord, how he may please God. But he that is
with a wife, is solicitous for the things of the world, how he may
please his wife: and he is divided." (1 Cor. 7:32-33). In other
words, matrimony is good Christ made it one of the holy
sacraments of His Church but it is not conducive to that
complete dedication which is incumbent upon those who submit
themselves to another of Christ's holy sacraments that of Holy
Orders. Even so, the unmarried state of the Catholic priesthood
is not an inflexible law under certain conditions a priest may
be dispensed from this law."
You said, quote, ""Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed
(Matt. 19:27-29)." End quote.

Matthew 19:27-29, 27 "Then Peter said in reply, "See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?" 28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life."

Strange? Do you see the word..........W I V E S !!!!!

Actually, most of the mackerel snappers claim Peter as pope. Do you fish eaters realize Peter was married?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#453801 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of times I have heard the following......hundreds of times. Do you understand hundreds of times?
Priest....if you are in good standing with the Roman Catholic church, if you have been to confession and if you are Roman Catholic you can receive communion. IF IF IF!!!!!!!!!! If not, the priest says, cross your arms and you can receive a blessing. Cross your arms?????????? Pathetic self-centered, self-righteous and self-serving defines the Roman Catholic church.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Priest has to say that. Truth is truth. That is the teaching of the Church and Saint Paul." End quote.
The priest has to say that?????????? Truth is truth??????????
That is the teaching of the church and Paul. BOLOGNA. BOLOGNA. BS PLUS BOLOGNA WITH WHIP CREAM ON TOP.
Bologna with whip cream on top??? That's gross man.

The Priest is supposed to proclaim the truth no matter what.
The Catholic Church proclaims the truth in spite of popular opinion and cultural influence.
When you guys marry gay people and promote condoms and other contraceptives, you're are doing so because that's what the folks in your congregation want.
The Catholic Church doesn't take a vote on what they should teach. So even if the Priest has feelings otherwise, he will not (or should not) go against his Bishop. And since Christ is the founder of the Catholic Church, we are assured that they will not error on any teachings.
So far, everything checks out too. You've failed to provide any evidence of the Church in error. In fact, you need to use deception - like when you falsely accused them of changing the 10 commandments - to promote your religion.

Location hidden

#453802 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Getting a Grip
"Masturbation is a normal, natural activity throughout life," says Robert Pollack, a psychology professor at the University of Georgia. It may even contribute to mental health and not doing it may lead to psychosexual problems.
I suspect that would have been a far better option for the children and any others who were violated by the RCC priest.
Where is this omnipotent deity when these atrocities are going on right within the "church"---"the one true church"?
WHERE is the "true" here?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#453803 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, ""Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed
Matthew 19:27-29, 27 "Then Peter said in reply, "See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?" 28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life."
Actually, most of the mackerel snappers claim Peter as pope. Do you fish eaters realize Peter was married?
Not only was Peter married, 38 other Popes were married too. So what? If the Church suddenly allowed all clergy to get married, Christ wouldn't condemn em all to hell for it. Celibacy isn't dogma. Its a Church rule; a discipline. And its completely shown in scripture as well.

Location hidden

#453804 Jun 18, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully said :)
Where is your deity when your priests are raping and sodomizing children entrusted to the fathers of the church.

THE rcc IS A DISPICABLE ORGANIZATION.

Location hidden

#453805 Jun 18, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Sickening. I'd hate to think that ANY little girls were ever subjected to this horror.
You probably know that FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) is practiced in many African societies, and I believe in many Middle Eastern ones too.
AND THE RAPE OF THOSE VERY SAME "LITTLE GIRLS" OS PRACTiCED AND COVERED UP BY YOUR CHURCH ALSO.

You have nothing to be proud about.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#453807 Jun 18, 2013
The Catholic faith is demon inspired. 11 crusades, inquisitions, falsehoods, Catholics fighting each other in WW1 and WW2..............supporting wars, etc.

Location hidden

#453808 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
June! Why don't you just keep playing your anti-God, anti-Church, agnostic and atheist "word games" with Black Thunder 42!---"You deserve each other"!!!
Of course. You can't prove your deity exists, so you choose to defame those who ask you to do just that,

You are such a looser.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453809 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was Peter married, 38 other Popes were married too. So what? If the Church suddenly allowed all clergy to get married, Christ wouldn't condemn em all to hell for it. Celibacy isn't dogma. Its a Church rule; a discipline. And its completely shown in scripture as well.
Are you stupid or just plain ignorant??? The example of Peter being married applies to the crapola your fellow mackerel snapper mentioned that Jesus said it was better if they WERE NOT MARRIED.

You said, quote, "Celibacy isn't dogma. Its a Church rule; a discipline. And its completely shown in scripture as well." End quote.

Celibacy is not dogma but a priest poking little boys must be. Why do I say that? Because it goes on all of the time.

Location hidden

#453810 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Always hate the subject because people forget these criminals are men. And they can be on every walk of life.
But the closing of these mostly poor parishes and selling off the buildings...is bad.
And why doesn't. ROME ..if it id ONE church make up the shortfall that may have come from these payments and ghd econmoy.
Those people noe have to take hisses or go all the way 3cities away to find home churches.
we have menu people of different languages. Down here and these local parishes were their home.
The CC is kn the very position with a central head to help them. Imo.
Dod you ever consider that if the church was not overrun with pedophile priests, this would never have been a problem?

Location hidden

#453811 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied, read and know enough about them to realize their failed policies and ideologies came from each of their dictatorial egos, striving specifically for power and control.
And your chusch is following the very same path....

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453812 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests are called by God to serve HIS Church!!
So the god of the Jews called priests to serve his "church" rather than calling faithful Jews to serve in synagogues???

The theology gets sillier all the time.

Location hidden

#453813 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I "stepped up to the plate" (long ago) by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, in and through His historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church and the Salvation that he gave us through His Life, death and resurrection...... If you chose to live your life by continously "drifting around in your revolving circle" of confusion, and chaos, with your life "firmly entrenched" in hostile vindictive beligerence-toward God and Christianity-------that is YOUR choice.(hope it works out for you).. As a Catholic/Christian, I choose to spend each day at Daily Mass with the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood) and in prayer, contemplation and communion with God Our Father, His Son Jesus, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that Christ gave us at Pentecost..... You can do what you want Black Thunder!!!!!!!
You never stepped up to the plate---or you would have proved your deity existed at least.
You never supplied any satisfactory evidence whatsoever.
Your circular reasoning and obfiscation is not "proof' at all.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#453814 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they served me fish during Lent.
St. John The Baptist Greek Orthodox Church Fish Fry | Omaha
Choice of Mediterranean style baked fish, classic breaded fried fish, or Shrimp dinner. Served with rice or potato, coleslaw, fruit, bread, and a drink. Greek Pastries and desserts available. Adults:$9, Kids:$3. FREE Baklava Sundae coupon at .....
They served it to all those that NOT Orthodox to raise money But Orthodox do not eat fish during Lent.thanks for the church name....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453815 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of times I have heard the following......hundreds of times. Do you understand hundreds of times?
Priest....if you are in good standing with the Roman Catholic church, if you have been to confession and if you are Roman Catholic you can receive communion. IF IF IF!!!!!!!!!! If not, the priest says, cross your arms and you can receive a blessing. Cross your arms?????????? Pathetic self-centered, self-righteous and self-serving defines the Roman Catholic church.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Priest has to say that. Truth is truth. That is the teaching of the Church and Saint Paul." End quote.
The priest has to say that?????????? Truth is truth??????????
That is the teaching of the church and Paul. BOLOGNA. BOLOGNA. BS PLUS BOLOGNA WITH WHIP CREAM ON TOP.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Bologna with whip cream on top??? That's gross man.
The Priest is supposed to proclaim the truth no matter what.
The Catholic Church proclaims the truth in spite of popular opinion and cultural influence.
When you guys marry gay people and promote condoms and other contraceptives, you're are doing so because that's what the folks in your congregation want.
The Catholic Church doesn't take a vote on what they should teach. So even if the Priest has feelings otherwise, he will not (or should not) go against his Bishop. And since Christ is the founder of the Catholic Church, we are assured that they will not error on any teachings.
So far, everything checks out too. You've failed to provide any evidence of the Church in error. In fact, you need to use deception - like when you falsely accused them of changing the 10 commandments - to promote your religion.
You said, quote, "The Priest is supposed to proclaim the truth no matter what. The Catholic Church proclaims the truth in spite of popular opinion and cultural influence." End quote.

What truth is the priest spilling out of his mouth when he tells people in order to take communion you must be in good standing with the Roman Catholic church, if they have been to confession and if they are Roman Catholic. What truth is that? No truth...just bologna.

Also, the Roman Catholic church proclaims it's perverted version of truth not Biblical absolute truth.

You said, quote, "When you guys marry gay people and promote condoms and other contraceptives, you're are doing so because that's what the folks in your congregation want." End quote.

My denomination does not marry same sex perverts. But your Roman Catholic church covers up and lies for the priests so they can continue to sodomize defenseless little boys. I bet you are busting your buttons over that great TRUTH!!!

You said, quote, "So even if the Priest has feelings otherwise, he will not (or should not) go against his Bishop. And since Christ is the founder of the Catholic Church, we are assured that they will not error on any teachings." End quote.

You are a blasphemous liar if you believe your priests will not error on any teachings. Check your own cult history back to your founder....Constantine!!!!!!!! !!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453816 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests are called by God to serve HIS Church!!
The priest is on the Church's payroll, provided by the members of his parish. Yet, we are not obligated to contribute, only if we like.
Its called donations.
How many jobs did you have where you worked for free??
None right?? lol
:)
When I asked you if the priests were on "god's" payroll ... I meant that even if the god existed, a Jewish god would not ask Catholic priests to preach under any circumstances whatsoever.

Location hidden

#453817 Jun 18, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have that much cash laying around, and most of the parish/school closings are due to demographic shifts. They aren't viable or the areas they served don't have the population they once did.
The Vatican has, but they will not support simething they know is a lost cause.

Simple as that.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#453818 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they served me fish during Lent.
St. John The Baptist Greek Orthodox Church Fish Fry | Omaha
Choice of Mediterranean style baked fish, classic breaded fried fish, or Shrimp dinner. Served with rice or potato, coleslaw, fruit, bread, and a drink. Greek Pastries and desserts available. Adults:$9, Kids:$3. FREE Baklava Sundae coupon at .....
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith /ourfaith8126.......http://www .abbamoses.com/fasting.html... .Orthodox Fasting during Lent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min RFD 4,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min waaasssuuup 773,805
Free Nudist dating site 12 min The Ghost Rider 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min waaasssuuup 604,785
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 27 min The Ghost Rider 23,959
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min UWARraceMAKEWORLD... 175,531
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 47 min shereecastellanos 659
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 265,003
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web