Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,321
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#453755 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I watched a program about the Inquisition and how the Catholics stole children from the Jews to baptize the children as Catholics in the belief that the children would then be saved.
One can only imagine the heartbreak of the Jewish parents who believed they lost their children on earth, AND that the souls of their children would be lost to them in the hereafter forever.
Religion is not good.
wouldn't be surprised, most likely sold them into slavery since they believed in it.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#453756 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists and fundies are alike in that both groups' fundamental doctrine is that there is no way to know what is true.
Catholics believe that God has revealed Himself throughout time and continues to do so.
It is impossible to condense His revelation down so that it will fit on a topix postie. But here is a link if you really are interested:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13001a.htm
I am not going to play the game of "prove there is a god." The evidence is there.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06608b.htm
In pointing out that the CC has the fulness of the Faith, She does not "judge" others as being bad, evil, or more sinful. She just states what She knows according to revelation which comes from God.
If Catholics lose patience when someone misunderstands what Catholics believe and why, it's because they have corrected repeatedly and nothing ever sinks in. Just same old accusations over and over again.
Here are the CC's teachings:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
It takes a little effort to read it and a little open mindedness for anything to sink in.
Lol so now we are the same as atheists..you have been brainwashed

And not by your Blessed Pope.

We know truth John 3:16 is truth.

usa

#453757 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly Dan I always thought the CC helped support the schools and parishes.
These people ..yes they are poor..But they have language and heritage on common.
South Fla. Is full of Cuban..Haitian churches. Others...And these these were church home to many people.
It's really sad that they close and get the buildings sold out from under them.
I was not being cruel in my comments about the settlements..
I just wonder if the poorer parishes are paying the price ..
And why can't the Vatican bank help..
the Vatican use their own money!? you don't know much about the catholic church, they don't spend, they take, that is their motto. they took out insurance in case they got caught child molesting and sure enough they did, because they knew so much of it was going on it was inevitable that someone would blow the whistle, in Ireland they were found guilty of lying to the court about being bankrupt so they wouldn't have to payoff the molesting victims, they have committed bank fraud in the past also, and laundered money for the mafia. spend their own money rotflmao , best joke I've heard on here in awhile. The catholic church is the worlds richest conglomerate, they don't care about god, Jesus, or the very people that attend their churches, they have one concern only, "MAKING MONEY", that is job one. read up on the church try googling how did the catholic church become so rich? and you'll find 95% or higher of what they own is stolen property, going back to the beginning of the church. If they spent a buck THAT WOULD BE A TRUE MIRACLE.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#453758 Jun 18, 2013
Youtube June 14, 2013.

"Pope Francis Holds First Meeting with the New Canterbury, Justin Welby

( Romereports.com )
Pope Francis walked along with the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, at the Vatican. Their first official meeting included a mid-day prayer, as well as visit to the tomb of St. Peter and that of Blessed John Paul II.

But before praying together, Pope Francis met with the new head of the Anglican Communion at the Vatican, where Welby was accompanied by his wife. There, both leaders talked about the common ground they share. To start off, the Pope mentioned the fact that they were both recently sworn in.

POPE FRANCIS
“Since we began our respective ministries within days of each other, I think we will always have a particular reason to support one another in prayer.”

Pope Francis and Welby admitted that the relationship between the Catholic Church and the Anglican communion is complex. Yet, the will to promote Christian values is a common value they both share. For that to happen, they said, reconciliation and unity are essential.

ARCH. JUSTIN WELBY
Archbishop of Canterbury
“So there has come to many a new longing for the unity of all Christians, and a new knowledge that however long the road may be, charity already makes all the difference to it.”

Recent tensions among the Catholic Church and Anglicans includes the ordination of women. In fact, Benedict XVI created a so called personal ordinariate, where Anglicans who were at odds with this, were welcomed back into the Catholic Church, while being allowed to keep their traditions. But the Pope said they must not forget their ecumenical progress.

POPE FRANCIS
“This journey has been brought about both via theological dialogue, through the work of the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission, and via the growth of cordial relations at every level through shared daily lives in a spirit of profound mutual respect and sincere cooperation.”

The Pope explained that while some question the foundations of society like, the respect for life, family and marriage, they as Christian leaders, must work together to promote their shared values. "

usa

#453759 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certain that by using scriptures you can order a Jewish god to do your bidding!
You want the god to rebuke me???
What is he existed and decided to rebuke you for all the lies you preached about him and his intentions.
Be careful oh self-perceived holy one that what you wish on me doesn't boomerang back on you.
NO THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS,YOU NEED A GREEN PIECE OF PAPER WITH A DEAD PRESIDENT ON IT,AND YOU'D BE SURPRISED WHAT THIS GOD WILL DO FOR YOU.JUST ASK THE OWNERS OF THIS GOD,THE PAGAN/CHRISTIAN CHURCH.

#453760 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Never knew any of that ..thanks.
Peter was married. Just saying. Nit sure why or when the CC DECIDED clergy and nuns shoukdnt
Catholics have married priest, those that have converted from other faiths. When they retire they will be replaced with a single priest.

"Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed

approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that

they do not marry. He made this quite clear when He praised the

Apostles for giving up "all" to follow Him, saying, "And every one

that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or

mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall

receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting."

(Matt. 19:27-29). The Apostle Paul explained why the unmarried

state is preferable to the married state for the Christian

clergy: "He that is without a wife, is solicitous for the things

that belong to the Lord, how he may please God. But he that is

with a wife, is solicitous for the things of the world, how he may

please his wife: and he is divided." (1 Cor. 7:32-33). In other

words, matrimony is good – Christ made it one of the holy

sacraments of His Church – but it is not conducive to that

complete dedication which is incumbent upon those who submit

themselves to another of Christ's holy sacraments – that of Holy

Orders. Even so, the unmarried state of the Catholic priesthood

is not an inflexible law – under certain conditions a priest may

be dispensed from this law."

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#453761 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Catholic Bible has both the Old Testament and the New Testament; therefore, Abraham and Moses is part of our Catholic history." End quote.
Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history? Really? Neither of these men ever heard the words "Roman Catholic".
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?
<quoted text>
Your quote, "Abraham and Moses is part of our Roman Catholic history." End quote.
My response, "Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history?"
Your response, "Neither Moses nor Abraham ever heard of the word "Christian" as well." End.
Brilliant. Totally brilliant! HA HA!!!!
So, answer the question. Were Abraham and Moses Roman Catholic's?
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
My response, "In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?" End
Your response, "Are you saying that Mary is NOT Jesus' mother? Are you saying that Christ broke the commandment that says "honor thy mother and thy father?"
Is your brain fully functional? Apparently not!
I already answered the question. Abraham and Moses are part of Roman Catholic history because Christianity came from Judaism. Jesus Christ was a Jew and the first Christians were Jewish. Roman Catholicism still retains much of her Jewish roots and heritage that you can even find it in the Roman Catholic Church.

As for my second response....I DID say that we are called to imitate Christ. Jesus did not break any of the Ten Commandments. One of those commandments is to honor thy mother and thy father. Jesus did not break that as well. So, we imitate Christ. He honored His mother Mary, and so we also honor her. Mary was Jesus' mother, and she is also our mother, which makes Jesus our brother and God our Father.

usa

#453762 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's another question. How would a god that never knew of sex, create sexual beings in the first place? For what purpose would the god do such a terrible thing knowing that rampant sin would follow because of the animal-need to have orgasms???
Ridiculous blather.
Nature is cruel, but had no PLAN to be cruel. That's why from my current perspective, the existence of a creator is pure nonsense.
could be the deity practiced and practiced on him/her self until he/she got it right then created us, what do you think?

#453763 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if you go to any bible believing Church you will find the same message.
Salvation comes through our Only Savior Jesus Christ..He alone is the way to the Father..not any Church you may worship in..Jesus Christ who pulled down tbs temple veil in His death..to show that their is NO manmade temple or priest necessary in a relationship with Him.
The Catholic Church IS a Bible believing Church, it was the Catholic that gave protestants the Bible. I concur that Jesus is our Savior. HE is the center of our Holy Mass that we hold daily !!!

Why would He give the order to “build MY Church”?

Jesus wanted ONE Church not 41K plus, with different interpretation of the Bible.
Jesus can have but one spouse and that is HIS Church, The Catholic Church.. Eph 5:23-32

usa

#453764 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians had to write about something. It's how they earned their MONEY ... you know ... that stuff that is the root of all evil!
:)
they have committed a lot of evil. Going by religious time it all took place in two days.ww1,ww2,civil war, Spanish American war, the downing of the towers, the rise an fall of the roman empire, all this and a very lot more took place in two days, so what day are we working on now? how does this work? is today going to be the same day tomorrow? 2012 is that 2 days and 12 hrs.? minutes? seconds? how does it work? can any one tell me?

usa

#453765 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's self-indulgence. One is supposed to be able to control their base nature.
That's the "why is it considered a sin" deal.
well that doesn't happen, people indulge day an night, and why not, it is a great stress reliever,helps keep people off Xanax. And the church does not control it's urges, so where's the harm?

usa

#453766 Jun 18, 2013
time to watch the big bang theory,chat later guys an girls,have a good night.

#453767 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan it's your hypothetical. Not mine.
I think since they both went to seminary they both would teach the same truth..as,in the bible..
What about Catholic Churches giving communion.
The hierarchy says,politicians who vote fir abortion can not receive communion.
One priest gives it..one won't.
Or in gay communities..since the Church says they are. Sinners.... who do they serve communion to.
Me I think it is between God and the person in those instances.
But where someone is publicly on record voting for abortion to expand ..should the priest give it..it not.
I think the priests conscience should decide..not how much these people contribute.
A priest can't deny Holy Communion to anyone. Now, if a person show up with their gay flag wrapped around their neck... he knows that he is gay and trying to make a statement.[as done in NY after the gay pride parade] So, yes..he can refuse him.

Does a priest know if a person has had a conversion, made a sincere confession? No, so he can give Communion.

You have to know that the Catholic Church is not like a protestant church where there are only a certain amount of members... we have five Masses on Sundays, plus an evening Mass. Can a priest keep tack of every individual? No.

This is what... it says in Holy Scripture " Anyone who eats and drinks the Body of the Lord unworthy passes judgement on himself"

It's called the honor system.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453768 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possibly the most inane post of yours ever.
You've topped yourself.
even jethro
I suggest that a creator would not condemn those who are tempted by the use of the sex organs that the creator in the first place created.

You won't make your image of a god responsible for anything whatsoever. You are afraid of the image of your god, and my guess is, THAT is the truth.

Not one of you will say that the god made a mess of any part of "his" supposed creation.

NOT ONE!!!

You can't BE honest with others, when you are too afraid to be honest with your own beliefs.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453769 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
A priest can't deny Holy Communion to anyone. Now, if a person show up with their gay flag wrapped around their neck... he knows that he is gay and trying to make a statement.[as done in NY after the gay pride parade] So, yes..he can refuse him.
Does a priest know if a person has had a conversion, made a sincere confession? No, so he can give Communion.
You have to know that the Catholic Church is not like a protestant church where there are only a certain amount of members... we have five Masses on Sundays, plus an evening Mass. Can a priest keep tack of every individual? No.
This is what... it says in Holy Scripture " Anyone who eats and drinks the Body of the Lord unworthy passes judgement on himself"
It's called the honor system.
Is the priest on "god's" payroll, or was that nonsense another creation of Catholic theologians?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453770 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they have committed a lot of evil. Going by religious time it all took place in two days.ww1,ww2,civil war, Spanish American war, the downing of the towers, the rise an fall of the roman empire, all this and a very lot more took place in two days, so what day are we working on now? how does this work? is today going to be the same day tomorrow? 2012 is that 2 days and 12 hrs.? minutes? seconds? how does it work? can any one tell me?
Evil denotes the temptation of a devil. I don't use the word evil in what I write from my own opinions.

They have used religion to commit horrible atrocities. No devil lured them. They did it by their own choices.

#453771 Jun 18, 2013
The Story of Puis XII
June 19 8PM Eastern Time on EWTN

"World War II historian Martin Gilbert places the number at 800,000 Rabbi Pinchas Lapide, a former Israeli diplomat, Credited PiusXII and the Catholic Church with saving 860,000 Jews."

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#453772 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there are a multitude of "bible-believing churches" that don't all teach the same thing, despite the common thread of using the Bible for instruction.
Instead of acknowledging that and responding to my questions, you somehow seek to divert the matter to Catholic Communion (which you don't believe in, but see fit to inquire upon).
Fine.
Church teaching (from the Hierarchy) is that one who is in a persistent state of grave sin should not present themselves for receipt of the Eucharist (communion) until having confessed and made manifest their intention to amend their lives.
The priest will not know who that person is, typically.
If a prospective communicant goes up to the altar with an "I Support Planned Parenthood" button on, the priest CAN withhold the sacrament under canon law (as the individual is making a public statement that they are persisting in unrepentant grave sin), but he is not BOUND to in most every case. It's his call, and the Bishop's call if he gets involved.
He may (as has been done with several public figures) enlist the assistance of the Bishop who will reach out to said individual to assist in counseling said person toward confession and remediation of their persistent public sin.
RE: gay people;
The Church does not regard homosexuals as lesser beings who are not to share in God's grace through the Sacraments. They receive communion.
If they are public about the fact that they act out on their homosexual tendencies (wear a rainbow sash, whatever), then they can be denied the sacrament or not. depending on the priest and/or Bishop's application of Canon Law.
You gave me a hypothetical about 2 pastors teaching different thing.

I was not deflecting..just saying 2 priest s may act differently regarding your dogma..

I gave you the best answer since I had NO idea what these guys taught differently..I assumed they would follow bible teaching or lose their job..best ANSWER..

Maybe someone else's answer would be different ..if they believe in biblical. Teaching I doubt it..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453773 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church IS a Bible believing Church, it was the Catholic that gave protestants the Bible. I concur that Jesus is our Savior. HE is the center of our Holy Mass that we hold daily !!!
You can concur and brag all you like ... but the idea that a Jewish savior is coming to save Christians is really very silly indeed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453774 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>could be the deity practiced and practiced on him/her self until he/she got it right then created us, what do you think?
I think there is no deity.

Religion is simply mental masturbation as "I am certain I'm saved, I'm having a mental orgasm it makes me so happy."

Silly people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Freebird USA 174,908
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Dr_Zorderz 263,181
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Mandela 119,148
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min bacon hater 762,666
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 26 min turkey_78 484
*POPE, ISRAEL -- 7 Year Agreement (News) 44 min YtubeGlobalReport 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min Dr_Zorderz 4,945
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min New Age Spiritual... 603,425
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr shruthi 1,171

Top Stories People Search