Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
437,441 - 437,460 of 537,109 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Aren't you Catholic .
I personally do not find your statues or crucifixes to be idols but some others do.
Who are you to tell me you find a picture of Our Dear Lord offensive.
Shame on yoi
Now play nice with each other kids. Rumor has it that god doesn't want the Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants fighting over his undivided attention.

He claims to serve the needy not the greedy ... but from the devils point of view (and I receive my information from him first hand)... the needy and the greedy are one and the same.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have any graven images or icons. It looks like you're participating in idolatry. I suggest you remove it.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The icons, statues, images and idols that are displayed in the Roman Catholic....Mausoleums are and abomination...
The whole nine yards of relics, bones (D.N.A.) of the dead..
Jesus described your places of sacrifices to idols...
Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
YOUR Eucharist is pollute with/by it's surroundings...You receive it while bowing before....WHAT GOD HAS FORBIDDEN...
God said...
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
~~~
SOLOMON'S TEMPLE WAS SO SACRED TO God and ISRAEL...That the sound of a hammer was not heard in the seven years that it took for it to be built...EVERY PART OF IT WAS PREPARED AND BROUGHT TO THE BUILDING SITE.
The furnishings of the temple were made after the similitude of the temple in heaven...
QUESTION...
HOW CAN ONE BOW THEMSELVES DOWN BEFORE IDOLS.... GIVE GLORY TO GOD...
WHILE BLATANTLY DISOBEYING HIM
DOING THAT WHICH AGITATES HIM AND PROVOKES HIM TO JEALOUSLY....
Another typical bogus "editorialized" interpretation of bible only "nonsense" from you Confrinting!!!!...... The only consistency that you have ever displayed since you came on this forum, is your "vindictive (endless) attitude" against the TRUTH of what the bible "actually says and means" that originated from the Early Church Fathers (TRUE INTERPRETATION) in 382, 393, and 397 AD. Your own self perpetrated made-up interpetation of the bible is nothing other than "false teaching"!---and that fact is that "we all know it"!!! The TRUTH of TRUE Bible Interpretation, has, is and will always be in Jesus Christ manifested in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
June! Why don't you just keep playing your anti-God, anti-Church, agnostic and atheist "word games" with Black Thunder 42!---"You deserve each other"!!!
If you don't want to butt in, you have to butt out, and right now you are butting in.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
I find it powerful and useful as a visual reminder of Our Lords passion.
Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
~~~
YOUR CARNAL MIND PERSUADES YOU TO LIVE BY THE FIVE SENSES,
having to VISUALIZE SOMETHING THAT REPRESENTS GOD....
IS LIVING BY THE FIVE
SENSES
LIVING BY WHAT YOU SEE.... IS NOT WALKING BY FAITH...
Rom_14:23 for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
~~~
JESUS TOLD THOMAS...
Joh_20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh_20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
We have faith by what is unseen ..very true.

But we live in a visual world. Who knows how many can be drawn to Our Lord by a movie about His life.

If that plants a seed that the Spirit uses??

If someone reads a work of fiction even that makes them want to know more??

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation is a gift, but you still have to ACCEPT the gift,
If I don't accept the "gift" of salvation I will go to hell for eternity.

If you can't see how silly that is, then you are in a hopeless state of hypnosis.

Too much overdosing on religion will do that to you.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Diocese runs the schools in their diocese. Parishioners pay the freight and typically, moneys are pooled to help out the poorer schools. Sometimes it isn't enough, and they can't make the operation viable. They just did a consolidation in the city where I live, and have funneled students to different schools.
The Vatican, again, doesn't have piles of cash laying around. They aren't "liquid" in that sense.
That is really a shame. Imo And very sad. The schools charge tuition I knew that..all Christian schools have to.

Don't get me started on vouchers. I am all for them even if they gave less to the vouchers than they give to the schools for each child..the state would make out by not having overcrowding as mire people woukd be able to afford private schools. Lower middle incomes at least as vouchers cannot pay the whole freight.

We pay school taxes and then tuitions if we want our kids yo get a good education..

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wej1jHtiH-MXX
You people feign to care about the death of one Jew ... ONLY because you believe he will save your butts from hell in a hereafter.

Jews were slaughtered for centuries by Catholics, and yet that ONE supposed suffering Jew is your IDOL.

Fools!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Devious Derivations”… Popular Misconceptions and More than 1000 true origins of Common Word and Phrases … by Hugh Rawson.

god.

It should be of passing interest to women readers especially to know that god originally was of neuter gender, as in the Middle High German abgott, idol.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why listen or for that matter read what we say..
Do you maybe wait for one of us to say something that might resonate.
Make you think on believing again
I wish I had your answer you would accept..only opening your heart to God in the most simple way can achieve that and grant you some peace.
GOD bless you
This is a forum ... not a church. I escaped religion and am now free of it.

I am here to give others words that will also free them from religion if they so choose to leave.

If they don't, that is their choice, but at least I know I tried my best to help them out the mental bondage and confusion from which I suffered for so many years and now realize that what I was fed was based on nothing but the fantasies of theologians.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have personally no.idea what God thinks about statues of HIM ..Or pictures or movies about His life. As long as our hearts are turned toward HIM alone.
The Ft lauderdale Christmas Pageant is shown on the religious Channels. I cry during the Passion..They have real animals for the Nativity.
The Holy Land Experience in Orlando is a wonderful substitute fir Disney..
So I am mot sure..as long as we do not worship these depictions..Is it a sin??
~~~~

GOD DOES NOT CHANGE..

HIS WORDS ARE...

HERE MOSES REMINDS THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL OF WHAT GOD HAD SAID

Deu 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

Deu 4:10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

Deu 4:11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.

Deu 4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

Deu 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Deu 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

NOTE
Deu 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:

Deu 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deu 4:17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,

Deu 4:18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have faith by what is unseen ..very true.
You have faith that you will be saved and most of the world's population will go to hell for eternity.

And you perceive that THAT is love.

You can have it! It belongs to you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

I watched a program about the Inquisition and how the Catholics stole children from the Jews to baptize the children as Catholics in the belief that the children would then be saved.

One can only imagine the heartbreak of the Jewish parents who believed they lost their children on earth, AND that the souls of their children would be lost to them in the hereafter forever.

Religion is not good.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to give others words that will also free them from religion if they so choose to leave.
If they don't, that is their choice, but at least I know I tried my best to help them out the mental bondage and confusion from which I suffered for so many years and now realize that what I was fed was based on nothing but the fantasies of theologians.
So DontvgetFletcher upset at what you call preaching. You preach at us all day.

This is a religious forum .you will read words you think of as,preaching.

I still think you are searching for something you can believe in..But that's only imo
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite statue is one of the Michaelangelo pieta. It an image of Mary holding the crucified Jesus in her arms. It puzzles me why fundies claim God is jealous of this image. I find it powerful and useful as a visual reminder of Our Lords passion.
~~~~
YOU WROTE
I find it powerful and useful as a visual reminder of Our Lords passion.
___
THEN YOU HAVE NO FAITH...
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
~~~
GOD IS NOT A FUNDY...FUNDIES DID NOT WRITE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS..
GOD DID...
There is no way on God's green Earth that you actually believe we Catholics are in violating of the ten commandments for having statues. No way Confrint!
What's happening is, you really need te believe we do... so you do. Its as simple as that.
You guys need to embrace many stereotypes about us in order to have your religion. Some are complex stereotypes, and some are very bizarre- like statute worship.
Remember sir, falsely accusing the Catholic Church is what led me away from you, and back into the fold of the Church.
Anyone can see the amount of deception that goes on in Protestantland if they take a few moments to research it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said,

The Lord rebuke thee.

Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

THE LORD REBUKE YOU!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Men of the church kept on changing "god's" mind for him. Back and forth and back and forth.

Babies that weren't baptized burned in hell. Oh but wait a minute maybe we can baptize sinners after they die and spare them from hell.

Stupid people!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

John Chrysostom (Homilies 40) alleges a similar practice among the Marcionites of the same century: if one of their followers who was being prepared for baptism died before receiving baptism, the dead person's corpse was addressed with the question whether he wished to be baptized, whereupon another answered affirmatively and was baptized for the dead person.[10] In the same passage, explained Paul's mention of people being "baptized for the dead" as a reference to the profession of faith in their own future resurrection that Christians made before being baptized.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_...
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have faith that you will be saved and most of the world's population will go to hell for eternity.
And you perceive that THAT is love.
You can have it! It belongs to you.
It's God's wish that NONE perish .
You think of this as a word game.

We want to spread the truth.

You are the one wants,to take souls with you out if the loving arms if Our Saviour.

You say you are here to tell people your ideas about God not being a good idea to believe in ..
You are true to say what you like.

But Imo you are working at the deception. Not us

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

The very idea that is a god existed he would refuse entry of his own because humans didn't get around to performing a ritual on earth is beyond ludicrous.

Imagine humans believing that they and their rituals are THAT important!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

if a god existed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Tide with Beach 730,239
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 15 min Dubai Massage 055... 92
Female Doctor + Male Patient = Erection (Apr '12) 17 min mahipal 95
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min andet1987 4,253
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min -Web 259,308
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,949
Last Word + 2 27 min andet1987 418
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Tim Osman 117,803
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 9 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••