Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#453575 Jun 18, 2013
truth wrote:
with his blade our sin is washed..
He not forget his tears..
Jesus watching from Cross huge and large number people where they going on wide way..
He cry on laud voice..
they will come in my name..its not me..no
many MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME..YES
BUT ITS NOT ME
tHEY WILL DO MIRACLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE..BUT ITS NOT AS THEY THINK..
I think you mean "blood", not "blade".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#453576 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
See it's funny how you say nobody can really know anything, all the while believing you know everything. And funnier that your misunderstanding of Catholic matters leads you to think that the Church is confused or that God is confused.
The technique is called "projecting". A common way to ascribe your own deficiencies to someone else.
There is no way in the world that you are going to be able to see anything with your eyes taped shut. The least you could do is leave those people alone who actually have their eyes open and can see what's around them. That goes for all fanatical atheists and anti-catholics fundies.
~~~

QUESTION..

--->WHAT SCRIPTURES HERE.(BELOW)..DID JESUS OPEN UP TO THE APOSTLES?
BEFORE HE ASCENDED?
~~~

Luk 24:45 -->Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,<---

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Luk 24:50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.

Luk 24:51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453577 Jun 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I firmly believe that Mary was not profoundly retarded nor Ancephalic (whatever that is). She knew she was a sinner...she expressed thankfulness for her Savior...sinless people do not need a Savior..
Sin: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
I firmly believe that a baby is incapable of any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
The verse said "ALL have sinned". That includes ALL, ALL babies, ALL retardeds, ALL toddlers, and it also includes Jesus then, right?
That's what "ALL" means.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453578 Jun 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THIS IS NOT A STUDY OF LANGUAGE...IT IS A STUDY OF THE ONE WHO CREATED LANGUAGES...
I HAVE OVER 60 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY TO MY CREDIT... MY WIFE AND I TOGETHER HAVE OVER 120 YEARS...MORE THAN MOST COLLEGE PROFESSES...
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT...I DO NOT SAY WE KNOW IT ALL NOR ARE WE UNTEACHABLE
BUT WE REALLY DON'T NEED YOUR INPUT FROM KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS.
I JUST IGNORE THEM...
Is she misrepresenting your position?

You have put forth just now that your collective century-plus of study has availed your interpretation of scripture with authority.

Oxbow assuredly thinks his is authoritative.

Who decides which of you is correct?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453579 Jun 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way on God's green Earth that you actually believe we Catholics are in violating of the ten commandments for having statues. No way Confrint!
What's happening is, you really need te believe we do... so you do. Its as simple as that.
You guys need to embrace many stereotypes about us in order to have your religion. Some are complex stereotypes, and some are very bizarre- like statute worship.
Remember sir, falsely accusing the Catholic Church is what led me away from you, and back into the fold of the Church.
Anyone can see the amount of deception that goes on in Protestantland if they take a few moments to research it.
These are the BIBLICAL Ten Commandments

Exodus 20 1-17....

1 And God spoke all these words, saying,

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

Roman Catholic Ten Commandments....

The Commandments of God are these ten:

1. I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3. Remember thou keep holy the Lord&#145;s Day.
4. Honor thy father and thy mother.
5. Thou shall not kill.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor&#146;s wife.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor&#146;s goods.

Do you worship idols? YES If you do not worship idols why did your cult remove the following commandment from Exodus 20 in the
B I B L E??????????

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

Because you worship carved images!!!!!!!!!!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453580 Jun 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blabber does not change the truth...
Catholics sold indulgences...Historical facts per a participant and an eye witness...Luther...
Luther got weary of obsessing about his own crap, both spiritual and actual, so he decided to create a huge distraction for himself, so he came up with the Reformation, an even bigger and stinkier pile of crap to wallow around in.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453581 Jun 18, 2013
Krv
krvi krvi krvi
Kristova operi nas
ocisti nas
od svih grijeha
iz proslosti
sacuvaj nasu danasnjost
i sacuvaj nasu buducnost..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453582 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic proclaimed open season on Luther he became and endangered species...
The main thing the bothered him ,,,, it took some time to learn the difference in the freedom of living by faith and freedom from the Roman Catholic Churches bondage.
Just because he had receive a revelation of truth in one important subject.
"That the just should live by his faith."
Did not mean that he had become the expert expositor in all of it..
Like Abraham . of old....He was traveling in uncharted territory.
~~~
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought t
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther was a psychotic egomaniac who went OCD about his own excrement, his anus, and his pet satan. He frequently, by his own admission, had late night socials with the devil. He was rabidly anti-Semitic, he believed that adultery was just fine, he believed that reason/critical thinking was to be trodden underfoot, he called Moses a murderer and worse, he believed that good deeds were sins, he believed that we had no free will...etc etc etc
And you think this is the guy to follow.
What a hero.
Your explaining all of this about Martin Luther. Are you aware YOUR CULT ordained him as a priest. And actually a priest in a very significant position in the Roman Catholic cult. Are you aware now that Martin Luther is a product of your cult? Yes or No?

Location hidden

#453583 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>peter holds the keys and Jesus did call him Satan.
How does that affect the price of eggs in China??????
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#453584 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I don't accept the "gift" of salvation I will go to hell for eternity.
If you can't see how silly that is, then you are in a hopeless state of hypnosis.
Too much overdosing on religion will do that to you.
Not silly at all. What would be silly is choosing hell, when you could have heaven instead, simply by accepting the gift of it. Have a look at John 3:16-18 sometime, June.

Location hidden

#453585 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
At the EMPTY tomb of Jesus it was John that first BELIEVED IN HIS RESURRECTION....understood the resurrection of Jesus... NOT PETER...
Joh 20:4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
Joh 20:5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
Joh 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
Joh 20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
Joh 20:8 ---> Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. <---
NOTE
Joh 20:9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
Joh 20:10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.
And what does that have to do with Him building His chrch?????
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453586 Jun 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No...Not only do I believe it...I know it..The Word of God said it...
If you can't believe God...who can you believe!!!!!
So what you are saying is that you are perfect since you are a Bible alone-er.

Are all the other protestant Bible Alone folks going to agree with you and say that you are perfect?

Are you other protestants on here going to correct your deluded pew mate?

Location hidden

#453587 Jun 18, 2013
church...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453588 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the BIBLICAL Ten Commandments
Exodus 20 1-17....
1 And God spoke all these words, saying,
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
13 “You shall not murder.
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”
Roman Catholic Ten Commandments....
The Commandments of God are these ten:
1. I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3. Remember thou keep holy the Lord&#145;s Day.
4. Honor thy father and thy mother.
5. Thou shall not kill.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor&#146;s wife.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor&#146;s goods.
Do you worship idols? YES If you do not worship idols why did your cult remove the following commandment from Exodus 20 in the
B I B L E??????????
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."
Because you worship carved images!!!!!!!!!!
This should be easy enough, JG.

Please cite Catholic teaching (from the Catechism, as that's where the teachings are) where instruction is given to accord divine worship to any save God, specifically to carved images.

Failing this, I'll expect you to recant your statements here.

Deal?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453589 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic proclaimed open season on Luther he became and endangered species...
The main thing the bothered him ,,,, it took some time to learn the difference in the freedom of living by faith and freedom from the Roman Catholic Churches bondage.
Just because he had receive a revelation of truth in one important subject.
"That the just should live by his faith."
Did not mean that he had become the expert expositor in all of it..
Like Abraham . of old....He was traveling in uncharted territory.
~~~
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought t
<quoted text>
Your explaining all of this about Martin Luther. Are you aware YOUR CULT ordained him as a priest. And actually a priest in a very significant position in the Roman Catholic cult. Are you aware now that Martin Luther is a product of your cult? Yes or No?
He was excommunicated. They understood what he had become.

You can keep him for a hero. We don't want him.

#453590 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestantism differs from Catholicism in that it teaches that there is no ministerial authority that can teach a definitive interpretation of scripture.
This is why you see many protestants on this board proffering their interpretations as definitive by their say-so (in actual practice, they apply interpretations they heard from others that they like, but the philosophy is that all can interpret for themselves).
YOU WROTE

Protestantism differs from Catholicism in that it teaches that there is no ministerial authority that can teach a definitive interpretation of scripture.

WHY DO YOU LIE ON US...

WE DO NOT SAY that there is NO ministerial authority that can teach a definitive interpretation of scripture.

We deny the authority of your pope...

and take the words if JESUS .

JESUS SAID

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine:

therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

YOU ACT AS IF YOUR pope IS THE HOLY SPIRIT...

the Islamic s say the Mohammad is...

the Bible further says ...

___

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

___

1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453591 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that truth really can't be known with certainty.
Or you are saying that *you* know without doubt which hayseed is led by the Holy Spirit and which is just expressing their opinion.
Or you are saying that all hayseeds who agree with your opinion of Holy Scripture are led by the HOly Spirit.
All three at once, perhaps?
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
From your response, it is a safe bet that you are not a son of God..
If you are not a son of God, whose child are you??
From your response, it is a safe be that you can't answer my questions.

Location hidden

#453592 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the "Jesus" I was referring to.
My post still stands.
If you actually believe your own statement, I'd testify in Court that you're nuts.
You need help in reading and understanding the difference between:

"Jesus"

"Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, founder of Christianity, the corner stone of every Christian denomination, did not make the scene until the NT..."

For starters...Jesus is one word...

What I said has 25!!!!!

Location hidden

#453593 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If your interpretations differ with another whom makes the same claim (they're all over this board), who decides who's right?
Scripture does..

Example: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..

A Catholic will say that is wrong...Mary was sinless..

I say...Mary was a sinner...same as you and I...per Scripture...

#453594 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"
KM-
This reply to Oxbow's post illustrates my question to Mr. GIF (and you by extension, as he just ascribed roughly 60 years of bible study to you).
Two protestants are differing on a biblical issue-both believe they are correct.
Both lean exclusively on their Bibles to inform their positions.
Who decides who is correct?

Dan...such matters can be viewed as our public education. No one expects a first grader to have answers that the 12th grader has 'discovered' in his years of study. Eventually, if he continues, the first grader will become a 'graduate' student.

As Christians, if we continue our search in the Word, and in our fellowship with HIM, He will teach us what is 'true'.

The problem is that some students 'give up the chase', and quit school; or are lazy, and just don't do their homework.

Catholics tend to study Catholicism, NOT the Bible. Other sects do this also. It is difficult to talk with a Jehovah's Witness, for they have a program that encourages memorization of scriptures that 'fit' their dogma. If you happen on one of those, the JW has you in a corner. His mind is fixed, and we usually don't know his 'points' well enough to 'stand' in an argument. But if you get on 'living' subjects, he does not understand, and cannot discuss them.

I once talked with one of them, telling him about what God has done for ME. He had tears in his eyes.

The Holy Spirit is THE Teacher, and if you wish to know who is 'right', just stick with the Teacher.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min karl44 63,250
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Happy Lesbo 973,548
Rudy Says Hillary Is A Sick Old Buzzard 29 min Rider on the Storm 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,224
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 9,361
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,817
How come girls don't like to date east indian g... (Dec '09) 1 hr lucky 175
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,465
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Steve III 618,740
More from around the web