Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,226
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453320 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you persist in telling half-truths to make a point, you're "June".
Which will it be?
I don't tell half-truths ... I repeat lies that others told me. So stop lying about me!!!

By the way ... what IS a half of a truth anyway???

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#453321 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO KIDDING???
Those Catholic authors wouldn't lie ... would they???
~~~

Truth for them is as scarce as hens teeth.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453322 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you some.
If you want details, find the site that contains the RCC's teachings.
If you cite it, you can become "informed". If you persist in telling half-truths to make a point, you're "June".
Which will it be?
OK silly man.

Just give us a link that contains the RCC's infallible teachings.

That way, we can show you how the CC has changed its teachings.

But if you make such a claim, but have no list, why should anyone except another Catholic believe you?

Is slavery immoral? Is the answer an infallible teaching?

Probably not. How about an adult having sex with a minor? Is that prohibited by infallible teaching?

I do know one "infallible teaching. Mary had no original sin. Now that should help make the world a better place. Thanks Jesus. Next time tell us something we can put in practice.

No wonder Jesus died so that 2000 years later, 5% of humanity believe enough to practice their faith as he supposedly wanted.

Jesus died so 5% would believe.

Nice job. How about something to show us on what theological belief level each teaching is on? After all, there are only 7 levels. That should be no problem, if anyone knew.

If it wasn't a delusion, then you would be asking similar questions.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453323 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I recognize I don't know everthing there is to know. I am still learning. Isn't this a good thing?
If the answers were there, you wouldn't need to learn or make anything up. You could just look it up.

But the fact is that no one knows which teachings are infallible.

The Popes and councils have changed the definition too many times.

When an infallible teaching in one era is found to be very fallible in another, then they just change the definition of "infallible."

Is that how God one true church should be run, if the claim itself were true?

#453324 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Luther decided the CC was wrong he ipso facto defrocked himself and placed himself outside the Church.
The Roman Catholic proclaimed open season on Luther he became and endangered species...

The main thing the bothered him ,,,, it took some time to learn the difference in the freedom of living by faith and freedom from the Roman Catholic Churches bondage.

Just because he had receive a revelation of truth in one important subject.

"That the just should live by his faith."

Did not mean that he had become the expert expositor in all of it..

Like Abraham . of old....He was traveling in uncharted territory.

~~~

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#453325 Jun 17, 2013
Christianity—the Christian faith, the Gospel—is not a bunch of teachings. It is not like some kind of list of dogmas. It is a conviction about Christ through communion with Him by the illuminations of the Holy Spirit. It is a living reality. It is a reality beyond words and expressions and propositions and doctrinal and defined formulations. It is the new life. It is the truth itself in its fullness, in its completion, in its perfection, that is given in Jesus and the Holy Spirit, within the Christian church. And it is something to be experienced, to be seen, to be intuited, to be lived, to be understood.
Roberta G

United States

#453326 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
Christian belief and practice until the Reformation did not contain the idea nor practice of "Sola Scriptura".
Apparently it has escaped your notice that I discussed only the issue of SALVATION BY GOD'S GRACE ALONE THROUGH FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE. I never talked about Sola Scriptura, at least not in that post.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453327 Jun 17, 2013
One thing we know with 100% certainty.

All the Roman Catholics posting here in the past few days are willfully ignoring some recent advice from their new Pope.

The Pope knows what I know. He's a sharp guy. Catholics here should consider listening to what he had to say.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453328 Jun 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Christianity—the Christian faith, the Gospel—is not a bunch of teachings. It is not like some kind of list of dogmas. It is a conviction about Christ through communion with Him by the illuminations of the Holy Spirit. It is a living reality. It is a reality beyond words and expressions and propositions and doctrinal and defined formulations. It is the new life. It is the truth itself in its fullness, in its completion, in its perfection, that is given in Jesus and the Holy Spirit, within the Christian church. And it is something to be experienced, to be seen, to be intuited, to be lived, to be understood.
Funny, what is the definition of Orthodox?

Funny, because the Roman Catholics claim they are the keepers of tradition, not the Orthodox.

They forget where the term "Orthodox" even came from and what it means.

Isn't that crazy?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453329 Jun 17, 2013
Christianity—the Christian faith, the Gospel—is not a bunch of teachings.
Of course it IS!!! Without ex-Jew Catholic theologians writing their claims of truth, there would be no Christianity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453330 Jun 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Truth for them is as scarce as hens teeth.
Just as it probably is for you ... even though you are certain you are the great container of absolute truth.

Arrogance and religion are on equal terms.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#453331 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, what is the definition of Orthodox?
Funny, because the Roman Catholics claim they are the keepers of tradition, not the Orthodox.
They forget where the term "Orthodox" even came from and what it means.
Isn't that crazy?
Most Catholics run that here. There is one that I believe is truly Catholic and respects Orthodoxy= Anthony
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#453332 Jun 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
About $8 billion. That's about $6.67 per Catholic.
(lol)!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453333 Jun 17, 2013
If I tell half truths and half lies, will I be half-saved???

And by the way, just to be on the safe side, I think I better join Judaism, Catholicism, Islam AND Protestantism. That way, the one god is sure to love me.

I prefer to cast a wide net.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453334 Jun 17, 2013
Is a wide net of belief a god-catcher???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453335 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>There is one that I believe is truly Catholic and respects Orthodoxy= Anthony
Orthodoxy twins???

#453336 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as it probably is for you ... even though you are certain you are the great container of absolute truth.
Arrogance and religion are on equal terms.
~~~

Only if the person is exalting themselves ...

The Bible says...

Pro_8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro_11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Pro_13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Pro_14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Pro_16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Pro_29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Jas_4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jas_4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1Pe_5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#453337 Jun 17, 2013
From a treatise on the Lord’s Prayer by
Saint Cyprian, bishop and martyr

“Our prayer is communal”

Above all, he who preaches peace and unity did not want us to pray by ourselves in private or for ourselves alone. We do not say “My Father, who art in heaven,” nor “Give me this day my daily bread.” It is not for himself alone that each person asks to be forgiven, not to be led into temptation or to be delivered from evil. Rather, we pray in public as a community, and not for one individual but for all. For the people of God are all one.

God is then the teacher of harmony, peace and unity, and desires each of us to pray for all men, even as he bore all men in himself alone. The three young men shut up in the furnace of fire observed this rule of prayer. United in the bond of the Spirit they uttered together the same prayer. The witness of holy Scripture describes this incident for us, so that we might imitate them in our prayer. Then all three began to sing in unison, blessing God. Even though Christ had not yet taught them to pray, nevertheless, they spoke as with one voice.

It is for this reason that their prayer was persuasive and efficacious. For their simple and spiritual prayer of peace merited the presence of the Lord. So too, after the ascension we find the apostles and the disciples praying together in this way. Scripture relates: They all joined together in continuous prayer, with the women including Mary, the mother of Jesus, and his brothers. They all joined together in continuous prayer. The urgency and the unity of their prayer declares that God, who fashions a bond of unity among those who live in his home, will admit into his divine home for all eternity only those who pray in unity.

My dear friends, the Lord’s Prayer contains many great mysteries of our faith. In these few words there is great spiritual strength, for this summary of divine teaching contains all of our prayers and petitions. And so, the Lord commands us: Pray then like this: Our Father, who art in heaven.

We are new men; we have been reborn and restored to God by his grace. We have already begun to be his sons and we can say “Father.” John reminds us of this: He came to his own home, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who received him, who believe in his name, he gave the power to become children of God. Profess your belief that you are sons of God by giving thanks. Call upon God who is your Father in heaven.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#453338 Jun 17, 2013
St. Cyprian's writings are of great importance, especially his treatise on The Unity of the Catholic Church in which he argues that unity is grounded in the authority of the bishop, and among the bishops, in the primacy of the See of Rome.

On September 14, 258 he was martyred during the persecutions of the emperor Valerian.

In, "The Unity of the Catholic Church," St. Cyprian writes, "You cannot have God for your Father if you do not have the Church for your mother.... God is one and Christ is one, and his Church is one; one is the faith, and one is the people cemented together by harmony into the strong unity of a body.... If we are the heirs of Christ, let us abide in the peace of Christ; if we are the sons of God, let us be lovers of peace."

St. Cyprian's Feast Day - September 16

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/c...

Location hidden

#453339 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you must believe that preborn babies have sinned? Newborns have sinned? The profoundly retarded have sinned? Ancephalic babies have sinned?
And also Jesus has sinned?
The verse does say "ALL", doesn't it?
I firmly believe that Mary was not profoundly retarded nor Ancephalic (whatever that is). She knew she was a sinner...she expressed thankfulness for her Savior...sinless people do not need a Savior..
Sin: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
I firmly believe that a baby is incapable of any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 826,567
want to taktoJeff Mills 8 min jean4 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min lovewithin 40,115
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min ChristineM 442,628
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min AN NFL FAN 121,625
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 55 min girls united states 114
sex (May '13) 58 min girls united states 147
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr trifecta1 611,793
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr lightbeamrider 176,433
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr robertxiong 98,926
More from around the web