Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,695
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#453114 Jun 17, 2013
your law is not my law..i am as i am..remember that
my son is not as you wish..

a nkh

i see i walk between people i listen with great sorrow..no
you not honor me less love me
it is written
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453115 Jun 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!
Just "who" allowed the snake in the garden in the first place?
A talking snake, deceiving two totally ignorant human beings.
Sounds like you have one hell of a sadistic deity ta me pardner!
Where was the love and protection of a caring parent in that deal?
Your deity should be charged with child endangerment!
Of you think this was cool, you are no better than your deity.
I am curious what you believe "love" is. Apparently you don't understand that it must be freely given for it to be love? That means there must be a *choice* to love or not to love.
Would you rather you not have the choice? You just be a slave, a robot? THAT would be the real sadistic deity, not one who allows for freedom of choice.

The book I am reading is very interesting. The author says that people will act out the traits they believe that God has. Or put another way, how people act has a direct affect on their beliefs on God. It actually changes your brain structure which then reinforces those beliefs.
Clay

United States

#453116 Jun 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture alone (from the Reformation slogan Sola Scriptura) is the teaching that Scripture is the Church's only infallible and sufficient rule for deciding issues of faith and practices that involve doctrines. While the Bible does not contain all knowledge, it does contain that which is necessary for salvation. Indeed, if something is not found in Scripture, it is not binding upon the believer. This view does not deny that the Church has the authority to teach God's Word. Furthermore, while tradition is valuable, it but must be tested by the higher authority of the Scriptures.
<quoted text>
Let's ask this question as well. Did the Bible stand up, open it's mouth and declare which of your popes was correct in their interpretation? Please do not lie and tell us your theology has never changed. We can and have presented the fallacy of that argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Comprende'
The Catholic Church wasn't started because a group of people opened up the Bible and said, "duh, it looks like Peter was the leader... we'll call him 'Pope', and duh ik looks like Jesus says the bread is his body...

That's how your religion began.

The Catholic Church came before the NT was written. And it took 400 yrs and the authority of the hierarchy to establish a Bible. That's because Christ nor His Apostles ever instructed a Bible be compiled and you know it.

Say, how come Catholicism looks remarkably similar before Constantine than post Constantine.
You said he corrupted Christianity and Blah Blah Blah.
Bottom line, if you were speaking truth, I would join ya. The fact is, I catch you embracing mind boggling ignorance just to continue with your theology. I do not catch the Catholic Church doing it - because they don't need to. Truth is truth.
You're too filled with arrogance to consider anything else. Its sad, Old Jay Gee... very very sad.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453117 Jun 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Where does the Bible state Jesus gave up His position as God when He became flesh. Chapter and verse would be great.
<quoted text>
Philippians 2:5-8, 5 "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."
Where is it stated He "gave up His position"? You Branhamites are great a twisting Scripture to fit a theology. You must have first been a Roman Catholic, right?
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a King and you became a servant,are you still a king? Don't quote scriptures that are way beyond your comprehension level.
If you are a member of the Jones family and move in with the Anderson family are you still a member of the Jones family?

You said, quote, "Don't quote scriptures that are way beyond your comprehension level." End quote.

Please re-read your statement and take your own advice.
truth

Perth, Australia

#453118 Jun 17, 2013
i been under two bridge today..i used my map i am not suprise i find two spot..yee..its visible open..i can find if i want..i don't thinks so its hard..no for me not any more..i am full of sadness

did you saay light.

no..i see light..
but
its private things that you don't need tell others..no..
as well don't judge..because you don't see what is inside..oh light..yee

Why you against light?

nooooooooo

don't judge..

as well who told you..good people not going sold soul that you need see..its stay hide..
o well..people who is not pure..now

Why you judging..who can and who can't..i told you don't do that please..
NewsPhotos

AOL

#453119 Jun 17, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453120 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point.
I'm stuck on one god when in fact, every god invented by mankind is imaginary.... except for mine.
Allow me to explain further.
I know my God is imaginary, just like all the others. But my God is a much nicer and more loving God.
My God threatens no one. There is no Hell. No wars for my God. No one has ever been tortured for my God. No people have been driven from their homes for my God.
My God is the most loving God of them all. All the rest are psycho by comparison.
That's why he was boiled.
The Gospel of FSM does say that He (accidentaly) drowned the world except for Noah and the ark. That's the part that made me laugh the hardest.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453121 Jun 17, 2013
Ezekiel 31

Pharaoh to Be Slain

1 In the eleventh year, in the third month, on the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, say to Pharaoh king of Egypt and to his multitude:“Whom are you like in your greatness?

3 Behold, Assyria was a cedar in Lebanon,
with beautiful branches and forest shade, and of towering height, its top among the clouds.

4 The waters nourished it; the deep made it grow tall, making its rivers flow around the place of its planting, sending forth its streams to all the trees of the field.

5 So it towered high above all the trees of the field; its boughs grew large and its branches long
from abundant water in its shoots.

6 All the birds of the heavens made their nests in its boughs; under its branches all the beasts of the field gave birth to their young, and under its shadow lived all great nations.

7 It was beautiful in its greatness, in the length of its branches; for its roots went down to abundant waters.

8 The cedars in the garden of God could not rival it, nor the fir trees equal its boughs; neither were the plane trees like its branches; no tree in the garden of God was its equal in beauty.

9 I made it beautiful in the mass of its branches,
and all the trees of Eden envied it, that were in the garden of God.

10 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: Because it towered high and set its top among the clouds, and its heart was proud of its height,

11 I will give it into the hand of a mighty one of the nations. He shall surely deal with it as its wickedness deserves. I have cast it out.

12 Foreigners, the most ruthless of nations, have cut it down and left it. On the mountains and in all the valleys its branches have fallen, and its boughs have been broken in all the ravines of the land, and all the peoples of the earth have gone away from its shadow and left it.

13 On its fallen trunk dwell all the birds of the heavens, and on its branches are all the beasts of the field.

14 All this is in order that no trees by the waters may grow to towering height or set their tops among the clouds, and that no trees that drink water may reach up to them in height. For they are all given over to death, to the world below, among the children of man,with those who go down to the pit.

15 “Thus says the Lord God: On the day the cedar went down to Sheol I caused mourning; I closed the deep over it, and restrained its rivers, and many waters were stopped. I clothed Lebanon in gloom for it, and all the trees of the field fainted because of it.

16 I made the nations quake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to Sheol with those who go down to the pit. And all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the world below.

17 They also went down to Sheol with it, to those who are slain by the sword; yes, those who were its arm, who lived under its shadow among the nations.

18 “Whom are you thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? You shall be brought down with the trees of Eden to the world below. You shall lie among the uncircumcised, with those who are slain by the sword.

“This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, declares the Lord God."

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453122 Jun 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uta Ranke Heinemann is one persons "opinion" just like thousands of others! My brother-in-law has been a priest for 18 years as a rector in the seminary for new vocations to the priesthood. The seminary has grown from 36 when he was appointed to over 200 today. These young men are all dedicated to the teachings of the Catholic Church, the bible, the Magisterium and the Vatican with Pope Francis...... Emancipated nuns and priests are in the minority and are a "dying breed" of older liberals that are still desperately hanging on to their "outdated" rebellious (do it my way) myths.....They chose to remain "on the outside" (just like you June) continously looking in at the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
You can keep on believing that as a Catholic you are special if it so pleases you ... but it's common sense that a god that favored Jews would not betray or confuse the Jews by claiming they must become Catholic.

The god would command that they stop straying FROM Judaism, and practice Judaism as Judaism should be practiced.

Of course religion is all based on hearsay from the get-go, so the idea that it confuses people is a given.

Myths were created by theologians TO confuse (divide and conquer)... and they succeeded.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453123 Jun 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get you. You're taking a sin of a 'bad Pope' and blowing it up to cover all of Catholicism and debunk the Church?
Look, if a bad Pope or Priest affects their flock spiritually in a negative way, then the flock does not understand what Christianity is. Catholicism shouldn't rely on the charismatic nature of the Priest. I notice Protestantism almost exclusively lives or dies on whether or not their pastor is charismatic enough. If he is a good articulate speaker, then his flock follows him. Catholicism doesn't work like that. The sacraments and the Mass are above any individual Priest or Bishop.
Excellently put.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453124 Jun 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church wasn't started because a group of people opened up the Bible and said,
The ex-Jew Catholics opened up the old testament ... changed meanings of the words, added their story of a Jesus-myth and presto ... up came a supposed new testament based on new lies that claimed truth as it's own.

Your religion is nothing special. Lies can't BE special.

Religion is theory from the get-go ... nothing more ... nothing less. You no more know the future than does a butterfly.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453125 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellently put.
Gee, they must be in the same religion cult. They agree on the dogmas.

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453126 Jun 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture alone (from the Reformation slogan Sola Scriptura) is the teaching that Scripture is the Church's only infallible and sufficient rule for deciding issues of faith and practices that involve doctrines. While the Bible does not contain all knowledge, it does contain that which is necessary for salvation. Indeed, if something is not found in Scripture, it is not binding upon the believer. This view does not deny that the Church has the authority to teach God's Word. Furthermore, while tradition is valuable, it but must be tested by the higher authority of the Scriptures.
<quoted text>
Let's ask this question as well. Did the Bible stand up, open it's mouth and declare which of your popes was correct in their interpretation? Please do not lie and tell us your theology has never changed. We can and have presented the fallacy of that argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Comprende'
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church wasn't started because a group of people opened up the Bible and said, "duh, it looks like Peter was the leader... we'll call him 'Pope', and duh ik looks like Jesus says the bread is his body...
That's how your religion began.
The Catholic Church came before the NT was written. And it took 400 yrs and the authority of the hierarchy to establish a Bible. That's because Christ nor His Apostles ever instructed a Bible be compiled and you know it.
Say, how come Catholicism looks remarkably similar before Constantine than post Constantine.
You said he corrupted Christianity and Blah Blah Blah.
Bottom line, if you were speaking truth, I would join ya. The fact is, I catch you embracing mind boggling ignorance just to continue with your theology. I do not catch the Catholic Church doing it - because they don't need to. Truth is truth.
You're too filled with arrogance to consider anything else. Its sad, Old Jay Gee... very very sad.
You said, quote, "The Catholic Church wasn't started because a group of people opened up the Bible and said, "duh, it looks like Peter was the leader... we'll call him 'Pope', and duh ik looks like Jesus says the bread is his body..." End quote.

Please use the correct names when describing the "church" as you call it. The Christian church not the Roman Catholic church....

You said, quote, "The Catholic Church came before the NT was written." End quote.

Again, The Christian church and not the Roman Catholic church.

You said, quote, "Say, how come Catholicism looks remarkably similar before Constantine than post Constantine." End quote.

Yes, Roman Catholicism is exactly as Constantine left it. Corrupt and confused.

You said, quote, "Bottom line, if you were speaking truth, I would join ya." End quote.

Bottom line. You would not know the truth if it fell in your lap.

You said, quote, "I do not catch the Catholic Church doing it - because they don't need to. Truth is truth." End quote.

The Roman Catholic church has changed it's theology like you would change your clothes. One day this is truth and the next day something else is truth. Over and over and over and over and over and over again since Satan established your cult. The truth is not in the Roman Catholic church and apparently not in you.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453127 Jun 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a season to everything under the sun, the Catholic's time is almost over.
No one mocks God, not even the catholic church, no matter how big They think they are; God is bigger.
We know from history the catholic church is not from God, it is a man made institution to in slave men with fear.
They have butchered, raped, stole, tortured their way across Europe. Does that sound like a PURE HOLY CHURCH with out blemish .
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT GOD IS COMING FOR.
THAT PRAY TO IDOLS DEAD PEOPLE AND HAVE MARY AS THEIR GODDESS.
MAKING HER A QUEEN OF HEAVEN SITTING IN THE PLACE THAT IS FOR GOD ALONE.
THEY HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, MORE THEN HALF OF THE PRIEST AND ALL THE POPE SHOULD BE IN JAIL, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ,
BUT FEAR NOT GOD WILL NOT BE MOCK, AND IT IS HIM THEY ARE GOING TO ANSWER TO.
WE ARE NOT TO DELIGHT IN THIS, BUT PRAY THAT THEY WILL BE TURNED, BACK TO GOD.
Simmer down and stop slandering. Don't you know that you will be judged as well?
You will have to account for every idle word you say and every lie you spout.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453128 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out the "lie" I've told respective to Luther.
Thanks.
Luther changed the dogmas in the pretense that a god wanted members of clergy to marry.

You are trying to claim that the reformation was not about Luther wanting to get married.

I believe all religion is a lie, so no matter what you try to support in concern with the words of your favorite theologians it will based on lies ... not ownership of truth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453129 Jun 17, 2013
If all the supposed holy books did not exist ... preachers could not fight over the meanings of the words.

Imagine how dull their lives would be if they couldn't PREACH and fight over who is right.

Just imagine.
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#453130 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that clouded thinking can be blamed on the times we are in.
From my perspective clouded thinking (or confusion) is normal.
When people are certain they have found absolute truth, they are often determined to try to force others to follow their lead, and when they can't do that, they often end up frustrated and in turn their presence frustrates others.
I'm quite comfortable with the idea that I don't know answers to mysteries, and that it is simply what it is.
I'd like to do away with suffering, but that's not realistic, so I do the best I can with what comes my way ... and from my perspective, no one can do better than his/her best.
June:

I suppose you are correct, in that confusion is the norm, in any age.

The problem of which you speak is a common one as well, and generally one needs to first eat some humble pie before they go questing after truth, and then eat another piece of that pie after finding it.

I love humble pie.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453131 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep lying if it so pleases you ... but if there is a god that serves only Jews ... you are in over your head with lies upon lies.
I suggest you keep THAT in mind.
You can manipulate other people, but you can't manipulate a god ... if that god just HAPPENS to exist.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out the "lie" I've told respective to Luther.
Thanks.
Of course, you have NOT told June any lies respective to Luther.

Luther posted his 95 THESES in 1517 in Wittenberg, Germany, and the Pope of the day excommunicated him in 1520. Meanwhile, his teachings had spread like wildfire throughout Germany.

In 1523, a group of 12 nuns, inspired by Luther's teachings, escaped their cloister ("escaped" because they would never have been PERMITTED to leave) with the help of a respected merchant and leading citizen, one Leonard Kopp, and Luther himself.

Once they had escaped, what was to be done with them? Three of them returned to their own homes, while the remaining nine waited for arranged marriages. Naturally, since Luther was single, his friends repeatedly suggested that he marry one of the ex-nuns himself. He rejected the idea, "not because he was a sexless stone, nor because he was hostile to marriage, but because he expected daily the death of a heretic."--"HERE I STAND: A LIFE OF MARTIN LUTHER, Roland H. Bainton

By 1525, all the nuns had been married except one, a 26 year old woman named Katherina von Bora. In the 16th century, 26 was considered a bit long in the tooth for a first marriage :) so her position was delicate. Although two or three matches had been attempted for Katherina, all had fallen through for one reason or another. The latest suggestion was one Dr. Glatz, whom she couldn't stand :) Finally, she asked the help of a visitor to Wittenberg, a Dr. Magdeberg, who conveyed a message to Luther. She would accept either Magdeberg himself or Luther.

Luther had never had any intention of marrying. His father, however, had other ideas. He was a very successful merchant who had been deeply displeased when his son Luther chose the Church as his career instead of becoming a merchant like his father. When Luther told him about the idea of his marrying Katherina, he meant it as a joke, but his father took it seriously :) He wanted to pass on the family name. And Luther began to see the idea in a different light. He fully expected to be burned at the stake within a year, so starting a family THEN could only be seen as defiance at anything that might happen to him. Also, he would rescue Katherina from her dilemma.

"He summed up by giving three reasons for his marriage: to please his father, to spite the Pope and the Devil, and to seal his witness before martyrdom." --"HERE I STAND: A LIFE OF MARTIN LUTHER, Roland H. Bainton

In short, Luther's reasons for marrying were practical in nature, not for love. But he and Katie (whom he called "my rib"!) fell genuinely and deeply in love after they were married. Katherina was an excellent housekeeper, which as Luther's household was continually expanding through the years (many students, etc. lived with the Luthers), having a well-run domestic life was in itself a considerable contribution to Luther's work.

The Luthers had six children together. And by the way, Katherina was no doormat. She fully supported her husband's work, but she was never afraid to speak her mind to him.

I absolutely LOVE their story! Always have :)
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453132 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospel of FSM does say that He (accidentaly) drowned the world except for Noah and the ark. That's the part that made me laugh the hardest.
Sure, accidents happen. Silly me.

Thank you for calling that to my attention. This allows me to correct my beliefs.

No one has died because of my God, except through accidents.

Ramen

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#453133 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
No matter what is posted, those in Christianity will insist that a god of the Jews favors Christians.
Imagine Ann Coulter bragging to a Jew that Christians are "perfected" Jews.
The arrogance and the stupidity is beyond belief.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2wnPHFSdrMEXX
And hey what about all those Catholic politicians who are fervently pro voice in their voting.

Ann Counter does not speak for all Christians .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Thinking 230,009
i am waiting for u 24 min Aakash Ahmedabad 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 36 min Al Capone 4,779
Word association game (Aug '08) 44 min andet1987 53,432
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 44 min mike 602,180
African-Americans Are Figuring Obama Out! 47 min andet1987 2
Do you know the best black and white dating sit... (Dec '12) 57 min katy 14
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 261,678
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr BobbyB1990 750,700
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 5 hr chevyguy 127