Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693160 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453292 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
In what manner would one "judge an entire religion"?
By claiming it was false?

:)
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453293 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sons of God are led to all truth by the Holy Spirit. If two claim to be so led and disagree on Scripture...one is lying...he ain't...or both are lying...you can't be 100% sure which is which, but by what they are saying as compared to Scripture, you can be 99.9% sure which is which...if you are led by the Holy Spirit...
A dime to a doughnut says you will deny being a son of God...if you say you are, I will make the same bet that you cannot prove your answer from Scripture.
So what you are saying is that truth really can't be known with certainty.
Or you are saying that *you* know without doubt which hayseed is led by the Holy Spirit and which is just expressing their opinion.
Or you are saying that all hayseeds who agree with your opinion of Holy Scripture are led by the HOly Spirit.
All three at once, perhaps?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453294 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
In what manner would one "judge an entire religion"?
Do you judge Islam as the truth or not?

I also look at the societies the core values produce.

But even with the words of Jesus, you don't want to commit. I get it.

Delusions don't have much solid ground. So we have no list of infallible teachings and few straight answers.

I rest my case.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453295 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect,
So your opinion IS that YOU are perfect???

youtube

AOL

#453296 Jun 17, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453297 Jun 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is the first I ever heard about Luther be obsessed with his poo poo, butt,and what ever else you catholics made up to justify the reformation....lol Rewriting history is fun isnt it...Luther was discusted with the catholic church and its evil ways..now thats the truth...
Sera, it is common knowledge that Luther was obsessed with poo, anus, and satan. Catholics didn't make it up. I read a biography of him by someone who thought Luther was just wonderful and all this info and more was in there.
http://onefootwalking.wordpress.com/2010/03/1...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3944549.stm

Archaeologists in Germany thrilled over their discovery of Luther's toilet, the birth place of the Reformation.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453298 Jun 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I find it curious that some here can reduce a 2 PAGES of examples and history to one example/one sentence, thereby feeling that have successfully challenged the argument and therefore can ridicule it
It's called a time-savior.

Holier Than Thou

Northallerton, UK

#453299 Jun 17, 2013
ALL religion is crap.
It is nothing more than a crutch for those who don't have the guts to live life without some imaginary 'higher being' who they believe has the answers to why we die, and who will save us.
We die because we are biological creatures, we do not have the option of 'immortal life' in the heavens. We just return to the earth evolution took us from. If there was a god he would do something about 'his earth' the one he was supposed to have made, instead of letting mankind ruin it.The fact he hasn't shows he doesn't care.
If he made the earth for us to live on, then why do we have to die only to go to some shadowy fucking place?
None of it makes sense. It is SHITE.
Christianity, Islam, ALL SHITE like the leaders of their so called followers.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453300 Jun 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Women handing out the Eucharist is a practice, not doctrine.
Thanks.
So does that mean that she is not qualified to get the job done right???

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#453301 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So truth is subjective? It's all good?

Besides, it wasn't Dan who judged Islam, now was it?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453302 Jun 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The division of dogma follow the lines of the division s of faith. Dogmas can be (1) general or special; (2) material or formal; (3) pure or mixed; (4) symbolic or non-symbolic; (5) and they can differ according to their various degrees of necessity.
(1) General dogmas are a part of the revelation meant for mankind and transmitted from the Apostles; while special dogmas are the truths revealed in private revelations. Special dogmas, therefore, are not, strictly speaking, dogmas at all; they are not revealed truths transmitted from the Apostles; nor are they defined or proposed by the Church for the acceptance of the faithful generally.
(2) Dogmas are called material (or Divine, or dogmas in themselves, in se) when abstraction is made from their definition by the Church, when they are considered only as revealed; and they are called formal (or Catholic, or "in relation to us", quoad nos) when they are considered both as revealed and defined. Again, it is evident that material dogmas are not dogmas in the strict sense of the term.
(3) Pure dogmas are those which can be known only from revelation, as the Trinity, Incarnation, etc.; while mixed dogmas are truths which can be known from revelation or from philosophical reasoning as the existence and attributes of God. Both classes are dogmas in the strict sense, when considered as revealed and defined.
(4) Dogmas contained in the symbols or creeds of the Church are called symbolic; the remainder are non-symbolic. Hence all the articles of the Apostles' Creed are dogmas — but not all dogmas are called technically articles of faith, though an ordinary dogma is sometimes spoken of as an article of faith.
(5) Finally, there are dogmas belief in which is absolutely necessary as a means to salvation, while faith in others is rendered necessary only by Divine precept; and some dogmas must be explicitly known and believed, while with regard to others implicit belief is sufficient.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05089a.htm
It's little more to chew on than most proty religions have.
No disreapect but is all this elaborate legal labyrinth necessary to just say what you believe and stick with it.
I was asked about dogma so I posted something from Catholic Encyclopedia about dogma. Personally I think it's important to learn these kinds of things. Stating simple belief, such as in a creed, is fine and good, especially when just learning about the Faith (or any faith), but comes a point when a person should delve a little more deeply into the matter.
No?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453303 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's a good example of judging an entire religion.

I wonder why the poster didn't see that?

I guess the spinning made him dizzy. That and figuring out a good reason why a church that supposedly possesses "infallible teachings from God" doesn't have a list of these amazing teachings to share with the world.

5 infallible teachings maybe?

10?

100?

5000?

Who cares!! We've had lists of banned books going back for centuries. Why not a list of something positive, like those amazing infallible teachings God just happened to drop on you?

LOL when delusions get too specific, then they can be proven wrong. Details are dangerous to any delusion.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453304 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving me correct.
"The Church has not yet compiled a list of all infallible teachings or dogmatic definitions."
I note that in your reply, you sought to make up a good reason why, that was never mentioned in the article. Absurd too.
No list has been compiled because infallible teachings and dogmas change too often. If a comprehensive list were available, then the CC could be judged based on the ever changing list. As it stands, the CC can never be pinned down.
So how does the author know for sure that the dogmas mention were indeed infallible? In fact, certain dogmas were changed that would have been claimed as infallible by the authors own definition.
I have also read and been told here by catholics that to be an infallible teaching, it must be declared so by the Pope "from the chair." This author names other ways.
If I truly believed I had infallible teachings, I would know what they were and I would proudly list them for the world to see.
This is just a lot of CC smoke to keep from being caught changing an infallible teaching. Such as non-Catholics can be saved.
That teaching met the definition of infallible for a long time. Then it wasn't.
If you want to know what the RCC teaches, you can't find it. For good reason.
"ordinary magisterium" explains "why".

Instead of telling me what you'd do if you had "infallible teachings", show me what you'd do if you had "intellectual curiosity" and inform a question that you ask.

You can find what the RCC teaches. Anyone can. It's in multiple languages and its indexed.

Your assignment is to cite the internet source for it.

If you provide it, you're smarter than any protestant who's ever trod these boards.

Good luck.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453305 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you!!!!
Show me any thing that even hints of "church" in this Scripture!!!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Oh, I forgot how compartmentalized proty teaching can make a person.
Yes, elsewhere in the Bible is a verse that says the CHURCH is the pillar and foundation of Truth.
Yes, it's in the same Bible. Probably even written by same dude who wrote the verse about Scripture.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453306 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, it is common knowledge that Luther was obsessed with poo, anus, and satan. Catholics didn't make it up. I read a biography of him by someone who thought Luther was just wonderful and all this info and more was in there.
http://onefootwalking.wordpress.com/2010/03/1...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3944549.stm
Archaeologists in Germany thrilled over their discovery of Luther's toilet, the birth place of the Reformation.

Good one.

Was the country you live in born in a toilet too?

Or maybe it was started by Catholics, with the full support of the Catholic Church?

Yep, that's it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#453307 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith Alone is an invention of Luther's. He inserted that word "alone" into Scripture. And yes, he absolutely DID invent sola scriptura as well, believing "hey, this is a good rule to follow" because that allowed him to justify his egregious actions.
You want to know what else he said?
"Moses is an executioner, a cruel lictor, a torturer a torturer who tears our flesh out with pincers and makes us suffer martyrdom ... Whoever, in the name of Christ, terrifies and troubles consciences, is not the messenger of Christ, but of the devil ... Let us therefore send Moses packing and for ever." [4]
"...with regard to God, and in all that bears on salvation or damnation,(man) has no 'free-will', but is a captive, prisoner and bond slave, either to the will of God, or to the will of Satan."[7]
“Reason is the devils handmaid and does nothing but blaspheme and dishonor all that God says or does.”[14]
No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day."[18]
"Good works are bad and are sin like the rest." -[23]
“To kill a peasant is not murder; it is helping to extinguish the conflagration. Let there be no half measures! Crush them! Cut their throats! Transfix them. Leave no stone unturned! To kill a peasant is to destroy a mad dog!”–“If they say that I am very hard and merciless, mercy be damned. Let whoever can stab, strangle, and kill them like mad dogs”[29]
“ If I had to baptize a Jew, I would take him to the bridge of the Elbe, hang a stone round his neck and push him over with the words I baptize thee in the name of Abraham”[36]
“If the husband is unwilling, there is another who is; if the wife is unwilling, then let the maid come.”[39]
“To lie in a case of necessity or for convenience or in excuse – such lying would not be against God; He was ready to take such lies on Himself”[48]
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
Did you know that Luther was obsessed with Satan and would have regular conversations and encounters with him?
Did you know that Luther wanted to put Satan up his butt?
And Luther is the spiritual father of all protestantism.
~~~

Luther WAS A FORMER Roman catholic PRIEST...

HE EVIDENTLY KNEW many of THE TRICKS IN THE TRADE...

LIKE THE APOSTLE PAUL was toward Judaism

BEFORE GOD apprehended him...and set Him in the right direction...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453308 Jun 17, 2013
Holier Than Thou wrote:
ALL religion is crap.
OH ... now that's really hitting below the (bible) belt!

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#453309 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So does that mean that she is not qualified to get the job done right???
Someone was saying that it was contrary to Catholic doctrine. Since it doesn't involve doctrine, she was wrong.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453310 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's a good example of judging an entire religion.
I wonder why the poster didn't see that?
I guess the spinning made him dizzy. That and figuring out a good reason why a church that supposedly possesses "infallible teachings from God" doesn't have a list of these amazing teachings to share with the world.
5 infallible teachings maybe?
10?
100?
5000?
Who cares!! We've had lists of banned books going back for centuries. Why not a list of something positive, like those amazing infallible teachings God just happened to drop on you?
LOL when delusions get too specific, then they can be proven wrong. Details are dangerous to any delusion.
I showed you some.

If you want details, find the site that contains the RCC's teachings.

If you cite it, you can become "informed". If you persist in telling half-truths to make a point, you're "June".

Which will it be?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453311 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asked about dogma so I posted something from Catholic Encyclopedia about dogma. Personally I think it's important to learn these kinds of things. Stating simple belief, such as in a creed, is fine and good, especially when just learning about the Faith (or any faith), but comes a point when a person should delve a little more deeply into the matter.
No?
LMAO.....

"... a person should delve a little more deeply into the matter."

You don't even understand what you posted.

It was copy and paste, and didn't address the answer directly anyhow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation, so... 4 min C Kersey 87
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Please Read 51,720
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 45 min Tony 6,735
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr whatgod 991,933
Who are you voting for March 24th.. City council?? 1 hr Joejowiseman 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,966
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 2 hr bigLips 27
More from around the web