Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,838)

Showing posts 436,741 - 436,760 of513,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So that means your stories are bull, besides how would you know anything your confused all the time.
I have a lot of opinions ... but my opinions can't nail truth on the head. I know that ... and you have that yet to learn.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If belief makes people in religion special to a god or goddess, then all are special, and that means that you are NOT anything out of the ordinary.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
WHO IS THE GODDESS - THE DIVINE MOTHER?
The Divine Mother abides in the heart of every being, universes without end. She is the divine creatrix who has manifested these dancing forms of consciousness as an adoration for Her beloved, the eternal formless Supreme Being - God the Father.
http://www.goddess.ws/
The Egyptians understood that abyss of pre-creation as "NUN"...but did not regard it as a goddess. That was thousands of years before Judaism or Christianity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No he created us to walk with Him and love Him.
There,was no suffering until we decided to think we knew
More than He did.what was good for us to know.
Your theology is very silly.

If a god created Adam and Eve, the god KNEW that they were going to sin. That means the god supported sin that would in turn cause all humans to suffer.

And your theology also doesn't account for why a god created all other forms of life to suffer day and night by fang, claw, sharp teeth, venom disease, starvation, et cetera.

That you people are so hooked on that one word salvation, you won't think for your selves about the stupidity in the dogmas, is a blatant shame.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

What type of creator would create the grapple tree???

Not one devout believer will address this issue.

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

truth wrote:
Did each planet looks as prison of which creation?
Yes. That is why they have radioactive belts surrounding them.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

I'll tell you what. So certain am I that no creator exists, I will dare the supposed creator to strike me dead this minute.

So if I am posting in five minutes from now, you will know that I called that supposed creator's BLUFF and nothing happened.

You people live in fear of shadows and ghosts and other evil superstitious nonsense.

You haven't left the dark ages ... not one iota.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theology is very silly.
If a god created Adam and Eve, the god KNEW that they were going to sin. That means the god supported sin that would in turn cause all humans to suffer.
And your theology also doesn't account for why a god created all other forms of life to suffer day and night by fang, claw, sharp teeth, venom disease, starvation, et cetera.
That you people are so hooked on that one word salvation, you won't think for your selves about the stupidity in the dogmas, is a blatant shame.
In the garden and on the New Earth it was and will be as God intended.

But nit now. So we have grapple trees and grapple like people
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Did others institution who is not religion liked have money?..yes it is.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Please tell me
How that planet can fit within one person for one free holy ticket?
Who do that?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any god allow for a bad vicar in the first place?
Or a second bad vicar??? Or a third?
It seems that one bad "God's vicar on earth" -- yet alone many bad ones -- would be proof that no god is appointing these dudes.
Sure, anyone can hire a bad manager every once in awhile. But a God? That wouldn't be faithful to its own creation, right?
there is a season to everything under the sun, the Catholic's time is almost over.
No one mocks God, not even the catholic church, no matter how big They think they are; God is bigger.
We know from history the catholic church is not from God, it is a man made institution to in slave men with fear.
They have butchered, raped, stole, tortured their way across Europe. Does that sound like a PURE HOLY CHURCH with out blemish .
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT GOD IS COMING FOR.
THAT PRAY TO IDOLS DEAD PEOPLE AND HAVE MARY AS THEIR GODDESS.
MAKING HER A QUEEN OF HEAVEN SITTING IN THE PLACE THAT IS FOR GOD ALONE.
THEY HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, MORE THEN HALF OF THE PRIEST AND ALL THE POPE SHOULD BE IN JAIL, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ,
BUT FEAR NOT GOD WILL NOT BE MOCK, AND IT IS HIM THEY ARE GOING TO ANSWER TO.
WE ARE NOT TO DELIGHT IN THIS, BUT PRAY THAT THEY WILL BE TURNED, BACK TO GOD.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In 1958 Judge Leon M. Bazile of Virginia ordered an interracial couple, Richard and Mildred Loving, to leave the state for twenty-five years as punishment for violating Virginia’s anti-miscegenation law, a sentence subsequently upheld by the Virginia State Supreme Court.“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and He placed them on separate continents,” Judge Bazile later explained,“and but for the interference with His arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In the garden and on the New Earth it was and will be as God intended.
But nit now. So we have grapple trees and grapple like people
If your god exists and created the grapple tree, your god deserves to be hooked in his own grapple tree.

But my guess is ... no creator exists to be so cruel.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
I'll tell you what. So certain am I that no creator exists, I will dare the supposed creator to strike me dead this minute.
So if I am posting in five minutes from now, you will know that I called that supposed creator's BLUFF and nothing happened.
You people live in fear of shadows and ghosts and other evil superstitious nonsense.
You haven't left the dark ages ... not one iota.
May God lift the anger from your soul and fill it with love.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one mocks God,
REALLY! I just dared the supposed god to strike me dead.

That was not done to be arrogant on my part. It was done because I have such faith that no creator exists TO strike me dead.

A perfect creator would not allow suffering, much less be in favor of it. Perfection has no place in its realm for imperfection.

Use your common sense for goodness sake!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Happy Father's Day to every Father here!!! And for those that are not father's....Have a Happy Beautiful Day!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

How silly is the concept that a perfect creator would be ABLE to create a realm of imperfection?

It would not BE possible, as the creator would have no one to blame but self.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>May God lift the anger from your soul and fill it with love.
If what you have is love, please don't wish that blight upon me.

That you would sell your thought-process so cheap for an empty shallow promise of salvation is nothing for which you should brag.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This bragging about your pile of spaghetti is really starting to frustrate me.
For one thing, you are ignoring that class A modern Pagan goddess, who loves everybody.
AND you are ignoring how the latest Jesus-newcomer preaches that there is no hell or devil or evil and that the god of the bible loves everybody without any glitches whatsoever.
Now, I suggest you stop fibbing and start flying right.
By the way are you one of those male theologians that looks down on women???
Why is your spaghetti god male rather than bi-sexual??? For a change I demand equal treatment from the sky.
:)
Just curious, which Class A Modern Goddess am I ignoring?

Yes, my God has bigger balls than any other God in history, but the balls are not what you think they are for.

In fact, my God is not only bi-sexual, he/she is tri-sexual.

I only point this out because many gods here seem obsessed with what others do in the bedroom.

Not my God. My God is fully male, female, and eunuch -- except nowhere does my God tell males to cut their dingy off, like that Jesus god!

Relax June, she was boiled for you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>May God lift the anger from your soul and fill it with love.
How sanctimonious you are with your haughty attitude that YOU are loved by a god, and others are not.

I don't want another homosexual taking his/her life because some stupid preacher grabbed a bible and preached that homosexuals will go to hell for having sexual contact with each other.

I refer to my care of homosexuals as the closest emotion I can have to love.

How about YOU???

Do you use words in your bible to believe that homosexuals will go to hell, while you on your high horse go to heaven???

You can take your buy-bull and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Members of the clergy were selling indulgences in times past.
And we'll read this. Unfortunately non everyone agrees on the Inquisition
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
Even Pope John Paul took a limited guilt on the Church. For it
Again, the Church never taught selling indulgences or torture of the Jews. Those things were done by bad guys contrary to Church teachings.

Bl. John Paul II apologized for those bad guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 436,741 - 436,760 of513,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

597 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Sheilaa 110,268
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Joy 682,495
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 7 min shovelhead72 52,616
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min scaritual 217,916
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Some1 Else 89,755
BDSM questions 16 min PoonDaddy 1
help and advice about sex 18 min SouthernGirl32 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Commander Bunny 250,651
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 596,737