Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,015
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452416 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The enlightenment came to me ONLY when I stopped placing importance on my own religious nonsense.
And the enlightening moment was when I admitted that I didn't have the answers to mysteries, but rather all I had in my possession was opinion.
Hojo, confrinting and others posting here have the answers.

They're just not good at articulating such profoundness.

Once they learn who they really are, they will tell you one thing.

"He was boiled for our sins."

Since: Nov 08

usa

#452417 Jun 15, 2013
Ted Morgan wrote:
I love being Catholic and knowing I am one of the chosen ones
and what is your proof teddy boy? what makes you think a pagan/christian church is the true church? because you were told it was growing up/ like everyone else who falls for the myth?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452418 Jun 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
About 100 predator Priests were shielded by Cardinal Law.
Cardinal Law was a good soldier for the CC.
That is why he continues to live an honored existence at the Vatican, after fleeing testimony in the USA.
Nope, not the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church had nothing to do with one or two bad priests. We get it. The CC is perfect, God is the CEO.
Question...... How many diocese in the USA have been bankrupted by their perfection?
Your anti-catholic venganence, vindictiveness and animosity of hatred has "corrupted your mind, heart and soul" so no matter what anyone says to you about the TRUE FAITH, DOCTRINE AND FUNDAMENTAL TRUE TEACHINGS of the Catholic Church makes no difference. You obviously have formed your own hostile antagonistic "exaggerated" opinions and so my friend, you can believe what you want!! I/We as Catholics on this forum, as well as the other 1.169 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue (as we have for over 2000 years) to follow, believe and adhere to the TRUE Gospel and TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass and the Eucharist (the TRUE body and blood of Jesus HIMSELF) in and through His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. YOU Religion a Delusion---"can do and believe what you want!!!

usa

#452419 Jun 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here are more genuine historical writings attesting to the fact that Peter was indeed in Rome, and that he died there...
St Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", 3,1,1, 180 A.D., J208
"...in their own dialect, while Peter and Paul were evangelizing at Rome, and laying the foundations of the Church."
St Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", chapter III,
"...the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops."
Eusebius, "History of the Church", 2,14,6, 300 A.D., J651dd
In the same reign of Claudius, the all-good and gracious providence which watches over all things guided Peter, the great and mighty one among the Apostles, who, because of his virtue, was the spokesman for all the others, to Rome."
Tertullian, "The demurrer against the heretics", chapter XXXII,1,
"...like the church of the Romans where Clement was ordained by Peter."
Who has the authority to ordain priests? Only Bishops do. Clement was ordained by the Bishop of Rome, Peter.
Saint Peter of Alexandria, "The Canonical Letter", canon 9, 306 A.D.
"Peter, the first chosen of the Apostles, having been apprehended often and thrown into prison and treated with ignominy, at last was crucified in Rome."
Eusebius, "The Chronicle" Ad An.Dom 68, J651cc
"Nero is the first, in addition to all his other crimes, to make a persecution against the Christians, in which Peter and Paul died gloriously in Rome."
Eusebius, "History of the Church", 3,2, 300 A.D., J652a
"After the martyrdom of Paul and Peter, Linus was the first appointed to the Episcopacy of the Church at Rome."
Lactantius, "Of the manner in which the persecutors died":
This letter is addressed to Donatus. It not only shows that Peter was actually in Rome, but that he died there also at the hands of Nero. Chapter II. "His apostles were at that time eleven in number, to whom were added Matthias, in the room of the traitor Judas, and afterwards Paul. Then were they dispersed throughout all the earth to preach the Gospel, as the Lord their Master had commanded them; and during twenty-five years, and until the beginning of the reign of the Emperor Nero, they occupied themselves in laying the foundations of the Church in every province and city. And while Nero reigned, the Apostle Peter came to Rome, and, through the power of God committed unto him, wrought certain miracles, and, by turning many to the true religion, built up a faithful and steadfast temple unto the Lord. When Nero heard of those things, and observed that not only in Rome, but in every other place, a great multitude revolted daily from the worship of idols, and, condemning their old ways, went over to the new religion, he, an execrable and pernicious tyrant, sprung forward to raze the heavenly temple and destroy the true faith. He it was who first persecuted the servants of God; he crucified Peter, and slew Paul: nor did he escape with impunity; for God looked on the affliction of His people; and therefore the tyrant, bereaved of authority, and precipitated from the height of empire, suddenly disappeared, and even the burial-place of that noxious wild beast was nowhere to be seen."
Saint Damasus I, "The Decree of Damasus" 3, 382 A.D., J910u
"The first see, therefore, is that of Peter the Apostle, that of the Roman Church, which has neither stain nor blemish nor anything like it."
----------http://www.thecathol ictreasurechest.com/petrom.htm
judging by the website this is a biased catholic website,where i have read history books on religions of the world. and no where is it definatively stated peter was in rome.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#452420 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
Ephesians 4
King James Version (KJV)
4 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
<<
>>
Edifying and the last verse should speak to all of us on here.

Including me.

We disagree. Ok but let's speak in kindness??

We are most of us believers

usa

#452421 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman of 29 years who didn't smoke and who did pray to her supposed god faithfully every day, died from cancer of the lungs.
Little children die from cancer every day.
If your supposed god exists, he enjoys observing all forms of suffering, and that means there would BE no excuse for his all-powerful behavior. He would know it, just as you know it ... but for your cheap promise by nitwit theologians of salvation, you keep on being silly.
"OH I love you god!!! Please love ME god!!!" ... drool ... slobber ... blah, blah, blah.
he did a lousy thing to me,went to have my stent replaced,and it couldn't be removed,so they cut open my back and cut a whole in my kidney in order to drain it,and now the clock is ticking,they have to get out the stuck stent A.S.A.P. before infection sets in....ya there's a god up there and his name PETER PAN.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#452422 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I would say we hold the bible in much higher regard than you do.
You can't tell it from your comments on here.
KayMarie
Which comments lead you to belive we scorn the bible?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452423 Jun 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>show me where this is said in the bible? "spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....remember you are saying "spoken and stated word" show me these words where he is calling the catholic church his church?..if you can't shutup,tired of hearing your lies,you have not even one historical "word" that comes close to suggesting the pagan/christian church is jesus's church.
In Jesus's own spoken and stated words--HE speaks of HIS CHURCH in Matthew and over 30 times in the New Testament. It has, from the beginning been, HIS ONLY ONE CHURCH and it was universal and it is referred to as Catholic as early as 060 by Ignatius in a documented letter. I never said that the word Catholic was ever mentioned in the bible. There is nothing in the bible that says every word MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. It is a history book that ended before Polycarp, Ignatius and other Saints of the Church were ever born. History didn't end with the bible. You bible only "fundies" have made up your own "modernistic rules" for your so-called "Christian History" which is nothing but a 21st century "myth"!! NOWHERE is the word bible in the bible either!!
Sorry, Jethro8 that you have so much trouble "swallowing the TRUTH". Take it with a glass of water and a TRUE CHURCH HISTORY BOOK and it will "go down easier'!!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#452424 Jun 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>judging by the website this is a biased catholic website,where i have read history books on religions of the world. and no where is it definatively stated peter was in rome.
The quotes are from historical accounts going back 1500-2000 years, the are not contemporary Catholic opinion. The same exact quotes would be in a secular or protestant source as well.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#452425 Jun 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. History is written by the victors.
The Bible is not a compilation of history.
That's why the Harod story is nothing but hearsay. No supposed "evidence" of this myth exists that would be admissible in any Court in the Western world.
The Romans didn't know... that's **absurd denial.
The victims didn't leave a record, so there is no story in Jewish history...**that's absurd denial.
FACT --- Yet you rely on Jewish history for your faith. Yet you don't trust them to record such an event?
I can't think of anything more **absurd. Like this happened all the time in the ancient world, so no one bothers to leave records?
What planet does this stuff happen on?
The Romans and the Herodians killed anyone who they thought was a threat.

And unless it was a general so called rebellion..it was nit recorded.

So you think Herod kept a journal in His madness.

The Romans lived his buildings and as long as he was cozying up to them they could have cared less . The man killed his own children.

The parents in Bethlehem knew and other Jews knew. But they were peasants with no newspaper or tv to publish this atrocity.
The Jews had their scrolls to teach out of. And the High price s t of the temple had no mire interest in a baby who may have been Messiah.

These are the people you e expected to keep a record.

If not for the YES HISTORICAL writings..in the bible this atrocity would have gone the way of many others in Judea and all around the world.

If the NAZIs had won..woukd anyone have seen the true depravity if the concentration camps. They would have been levelled to the ground as if they HD never been.

And the relatives who escaped knew only that these poor people had been taken away.

And thus was in the last century when there were cameras madness outlets. You are speaking of an event 2000 years old in a little hamlet in the Roman province if Judea.

usa

#452426 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
TALK ABOUT HAVING A CHANGE OF hEART.
HARTFORD, Conn.– A man who has been giving free haircuts to the homeless in exchange for hugs for 25 years has been kicked out of a park by city health officials.
Anthony “Joe the Barber” Cymerys has been a fixture every Wednesday for years at Bushnell Park in Hartford, Conn., where he cuts hair and his friends hand out food to the needy.
But shortly after the 82-year-old Cymerys set up shop this week, he said, health officials and police confronted him and his friends and told them they had to leave because they didn’t have permits.
“I thought it was a drug raid, honest to God,” Cymerys said.“It was the peanut gallery on TV where everyone was watching.”
City officials had no immediate comment. A spokeswoman for Mayor Pedro Segarra said she expected to release a statement about Cymerys by the city’s Health and Human Services Department or police department later Thursday.
Cymerys, who learned how to cut hair growing up and isn’t a licensed barber, said he wasn’t completely surprised by officials’ actions because they’ve asked him before to leave the park and other areas. He hopes to continue cutting hair for free at the Immaculate Conception Shelter. He said he always takes health precautions including soaking his trimmers in alcohol.
Advertisement
“Twenty-five years I’ve been giving haircuts, and no one died on me,” he said.
His friends questioned the city’s actions, saying officials kicked him out of the park only a year after honouring him for his humanitarian work.
“It’s kind of ironic that a year ago the mayor was giving him a citation for all the good work he’s been doing with the homeless there and they kick us out,” said George Pfuetzner, who gives out food at the park while Cymerys cuts hair.
Pfuetzner said he was trying to get in touch with a city health official Thursday to discuss his and Cymerys’ options. They want to keep operating in the park because it’s a central location and people know they’re there.
Cymerys began giving free haircuts to the homeless in the city around 1988, when he was volunteering at a shelter. He said he met a heroin addict named Arnold who needed a haircut, so he offered his services.
it's free,no tax money to be colloected,so get rid of him.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452427 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and they are included in the bible.
I BELIEVE them fully . They comprise the part of the book we call old testament.
There were many religious documents compiled BEFORE the old testament. Religion has a long twisted history, and Catholicism is simply part of that twisting and morphing of lies.

If you would study early history of religion, you would realize that issue is true.

usa

#452428 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE APOSTLE PAUL DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE (SO CALLED) PAPAL POSITION OF PETER...
Gal 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
Gal 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
Gal 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Gal 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
PAPAL POSITION OF PETER...jethro,never existed.

Prince George, Canada

#452429 Jun 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he did a lousy thing to me,went to have my stent replaced,and it couldn't be removed,so they cut open my back and cut a whole in my kidney in order to drain it,and now the clock is ticking,they have to get out the stuck stent A.S.A.P. before infection sets in....ya there's a god up there and his name PETER PAN.
Many devout believers IN religion were stabbed in the back with swords and shot with guns, et cetera ... while serving his supposed highness.

Why would you believe that you would warrant any special behavior from the same supposed one and only god?

Religion is BUNK!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#452430 Jun 15, 2013
who="Anthony MN"

Your constant scolding of those who accept the authenticity of the Bible.
Plus your insistence that the Catholic precepts are more important than the Bible.

KayMarie

usa

#452431 Jun 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's ok to *not* do something Jesus said to do, such as confess your sins to another person?
it means nothimg to confess to another man,UNLESS,you are confessing to jesus at the same time. gother in threes and there will be my church,the confessor,the the person he confesses to,and jesus.

Prince George, Canada

#452432 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romans and the Herodians killed anyone who they thought was a threat.
Everyone in or not in religion who was perceived as a threat to those in power were imprisoned, tortured and often put to death.

Religion didn't and does not change human nature for the better. It simply gave humans an excuse to be cruel by claiming that a god ordained the brutality.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#452433 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have question . I have Saud before that I believe the Catholic Church started as those devoted to God and His Son but became so entrenched with the secular that their popes and hierarchy were nothing like the apostles.

I have cited the BIRGUA pope and his mistresses and children and other excesses.
The Church which went along with the Inquisition.

Etc

Ok now someone gave me a mire modern link and let me say I have nothing to say on these people's belief ..It's theirs fine.

But they seem to see one of your popes as an anti pope.
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Natura...

So if you all say the succesaors to St Peter cane from God.how can this be.

I think some are and were closer to Peter than others.

That the Church at tines strayed way off the Church of the Apostles.
That your mire blessed Pope has acknowkedges this. But you all keep worshipping your church as if it is God.

The people if Jerusalem felt this way about the TEMPLE..IMO

JESUS US where our focus should be no matter what we call ourselves.

Any man run institution is fallibie especially religious ones..any denomination ..Imo

As believers we should be united in JESUS. ALONE

Prince George, Canada

#452434 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Jesus's own spoken and stated words--
In the minds of little children Santa Claus said loud and clear that if they weren't good, they would receive no presents.

The parents told them that story, and the little children knew no better than to have faith in the words of their parents.

Are you going to accept that Catholic theologians are YOUR parents.

usa

#452435 Jun 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
"so"
give the catholic church the right amount of money and the pope will be kissing your feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min bad bob 173,795
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min River Tam 227,738
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 740,023
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Black Thunder 42 601,152
Beauty comes in many COLORS 27 min Doctor REALITY 7
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 31 min Aww2wplaya 579
ANR/ABF in Sydney Australia (Jan '12) 37 min ethanhawke 19
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr jokesta 156
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,641

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••