Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599732 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452455 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Do nit out words in my mouth . I maintain truth is JESUS no matter what our rituals are.
Of curse you DO! Otherwise how can you be certain that a Jew will come to earth to save you?

Silly fool!

Prince George, Canada

#452456 Jun 15, 2013
Of course you do

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452457 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try to avoid generalizing. Specifically, where have you been scolded for your acceptance of the bible's authenticity? Which precepts do we claim are more important than the bible?
Our rejection of the unbiblical doctrine of sola scriptura does not mean we have a low opinion of it. I would suggest the idea that anyone who picks up a bible (what we call Sacred Scripture) has the authority to privately judge it's meaning makes a mockery of scripture.
The Word of God teaches the Bible is all a man of God needs...

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...

If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#452458 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have question . I have Saud before that I believe the Catholic Church started as those devoted to God and His Son but became so entrenched with the secular that their popes and hierarchy were nothing like the apostles.
I have cited the BIRGUA pope and his mistresses and children and other excesses.
The Church which went along with the Inquisition.
Etc
Ok now someone gave me a mire modern link and let me say I have nothing to say on these people's belief ..It's theirs fine.
But they seem to see one of your popes as an anti pope.
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Natura...
So if you all say the succesaors to St Peter cane from God.how can this be.
I think some are and were closer to Peter than others.
That the Church at tines strayed way off the Church of the Apostles.
That your mire blessed Pope has acknowkedges this. But you all keep worshipping your church as if it is God.
The people if Jerusalem felt this way about the TEMPLE..IMO
JESUS US where our focus should be no matter what we call ourselves.
Any man run institution is fallibie especially religious ones..any denomination ..Imo
As believers we should be united in JESUS. ALONE
And you guys have the Westboro Baptists and the prestons....

There are at least a half dozen non-denominational protestant communities within 5 mile radius of my home. Every one of them operates to some extent, albeit on a much smaller scale, as what you describe above. The head pastor/preacher essentially controls the entire worship experience. He privately judges and interprets the bible, preaches doctrine and exhorts the congregation, determines which charitable cause to champion, etc. I know of at least 3 occasions of scandal (sexual and otherwise) in these communities in the last few years.

Jesus founded the Church for our salvation Rose, He insisted it was to be visible, not invisible. Your purpose is to let the Holy Spirit guide you to it (or back to it).

Location hidden

#452459 Jun 15, 2013
Whadda about it Just Sayin!!!!???

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't say "Bible alone." Doesn't come close.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...

If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#452460 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of curse you DO! Otherwise how can you be certain that a Jew will come to earth to save you?
Silly fool!
June

Eternity is a long line ..our lives here but a dot on that line.

If belief in Jesus and and the eternity promised with His father is foolishness..than I am but a,fool who will die and that will be the end of me.

But if that eternity is real. What will you do then when you are face to face with God..do you think your books will help you??

What if we here who believe ..No matter our differences..are correct.

Prince George, Canada

#452461 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the Catholics taught as truth. But those cagey Catholics didn't count on Muslims and Protestants spinning new theories off of the Catholic theories and all referring to their own theories as the only truth in the whole wide world.

:)

If there is one creator to serve all ... his helpers are serving there selves huge portions of something, but it can't all be truth and be lies at the same time.

Prince George, Canada

#452462 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Eternity is a long line ..our lives here but a dot on that line.
REALLY?

I wouldn't know the answer to that theory of yours.

Einstein believed that past, present and future are all one. If he was correct ... what IS eternity other than the now???

We keep open to more study and less bragging about KNOWING ... don't you agree???

Prince George, Canada

#452463 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are at least a half dozen non-denominational protestant
Who has the modern Pagans on their side of the religious "debate?"

The goddess loves everybody and walks hand in hand with believers, even when they enter prisons, as do so many in most all religions.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Patrick has been working as a Pagan chaplain and activist for well over twenty years. He was one of the founding members of the Lady Liberty League, and has been involved in numerous legal struggles involving modern Pagans. In 2008, he testified before the US Commission on Civil Rights on prisoner’s religious rights, saying he “found discrimination against minority faiths everywhere”and that the problem was “endemic.”]- See more at:

http://wildhunt.org/tag/patrick-mccollum#stha...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452464 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no one else to tell me that my arrogance of believing my own religious dogmas were as groundless and silly as all other dogmas.
It was me, giving my self a necessary lecture.
NO NO NO DON'T BELIEVE IT NONE NOT AT ALL.
You were never truly grounded in the word of God , at any time.
If you had of been you would not be mocking Him the way your are.
You are a silly old woman, who jUst likes to spew our stupid comments to try and get a rise out of people.
'IN OTHER WORDS A COMMON SHOCK JOCK" YOUR SHOCKING NO ONE WE HAVE HEARD THEM ALL BEFORE BY FAR BETTER THEN YOU.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452465 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY?
I wouldn't know the answer to that theory of yours.
Einstein believed that past, present and future are all one. If he was correct ... what IS eternity other than the now???
We keep open to more study and less bragging about KNOWING ... don't you agree???
eternity means timeless.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#452466 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!
The scripture St. Paul was referring to was the OT. The NT hadn't been penned yet.

St. Paul says scripture is profitable, not exclusive.

The man of God St. Paul was adressing was St. Timothy and other validly ordained clergy in the Church, indeed men of God. You are not a validly ordained man of God.

Sorry.

Location hidden

#452467 Jun 15, 2013
Question: If Christ be God, why did He say:

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Location hidden

#452468 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The scripture St. Paul was referring to was the OT. The NT hadn't been penned yet.
The man of God St. Paul was adressing was St. Timothy and other validly ordained clergy in the Church, indeed men of God. You are not a validly ordained man of God.
Sorry.
Horse apples...

The definition of man in that verse is:anthropos:(the countenance; man-faced, i.e. a human being:--certain, man.

Location hidden

#452469 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
And also to...the word all in that verse is defined as:
all, any, every, the whole:--all (manner of, means), alway(-s), any (one), X daily,+ ever, every (one, way), as many as,+ no(-thing), X thoroughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#452470 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are at least a half dozen non-denominational protestant communities within 5 mile radius of my home. Every one of them operates to some extent, albeit on a much smaller scale, as what you describe above. The head pastor/preacher essentially controls the entire worship experience. He privately judges and interprets the bible, preaches doctrine and exhorts the congregation, determines which charitable cause to champion, etc. I know of at least 3 occasions of scandal (sexual and otherwise) in these communities in the last few years.
Jesus founded the Church for our salvation Rose, He insisted it was to be visible, not invisible. Your purpose is to let the Holy Spirit guide you to it (or back to it).
Nuts can sprout anywhere.
NONE OF the Baptist Congregations will have a thing to do with this creep.

Any MAN IF GOD in any denomination who leads His flock down the wring path will wind up with a millstone around his neck.

This includes,wrong minded unfaithful ministers..priests and yes Popes like BORGIA.
when we put our faith blindly in MAN and his preaching ignoring the bible we are doomed. Unfortunately the believers in Borgias time had no bibles.
The ones who believed indulgences can be bought were sadly deluded.

EACH branch if Faith has had unfaithful men leading them astray.

We can admit it ..you all cannot .And therein lies the difference.

Luckily the WORD if God has survived despite wrong men and persecution and efforts to suppress it..thank GOD

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#452471 Jun 15, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Let's try to avoid generalizing. Specifically, where have you been scolded for your acceptance of the bible's authenticity? Which precepts do we claim are more important than the bible?
Our rejection of the unbiblical doctrine of sola scriptura does not mean we have a low opinion of it. I would suggest the idea that anyone who picks up a bible (what we call Sacred Scripture) has the authority to privately judge it's meaning makes a mockery of scripture.

Sola Scripture is NOT unbiblical. It does not give anyone the 'right' to interpret it according to his 'opinions'. Sola Scripture means that any principle that the church (or individual) teaches MUST AGREE with what is written in the Word.

No doubt that some of the ancients taught things that DID agree with the Word. We have many writers who write things that are not copies of Bible verses...and many of them are right, and encourage the believers. But many of them are wrong, and their word must be tested by what is written.

You would have to check out the 'scoldings'; I don't keep a record of them. I've been called a liar several times when I reported thing that I saw with my own eyes.

"I pray that they all may be one, Father...even as You and I are One".

KayMarie
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#452472 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to theology OF the Catholics, Mary Magdalene referred to Jesus (when he reappeared after his crucifixion) as Rabboni ... meaning "great teacher of Judaism."
That would indicate that when he rose from the dead Mary knew Jesus was still a faithful Jew to Judaism as had occurred on earth.
Why Christians demand that he is in Christian heaven is one of those theological twisted mysteries that probably drove more than one preacher of such nonsense to insanity.
June

Trying to build something here, I see June, but it falls apart.

Well, the most important part you gloss over of course, that Mary saw Jesus risen from the dead. Something quite unique in all of human history.

But of course your spin is that she considered Jesus a "good" Jew, by calling him Rabboni. Which is actually the emphatic form "Rabbi", with the suffix "oni". In essence it doesn't mean simply "Teacher", but rather "High Teacher". And is more or less reserved for someone in the Sanhedrin.

Obviously, Jesus was not in the Sanhedrin. And you assume that Mary meant either he was in the Sanhedrin, or "someone else", such as only a beloved teacher (""of Judaism"", which you inserted into the observation). Since you try to persuade the reader to assume with you that Jesus was just a teacher of Judaism, rather than being unique, having risen from the dead, you fall very short in your demonstration.
(Or the person you are quoting, which is the most likely case here.)
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452473 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romans and the Herodians killed anyone who they thought was a threat.
And unless it was a general so called rebellion..it was nit recorded.
So you think Herod kept a journal in His madness.
The Romans lived his buildings and as long as he was cozying up to them they could have cared less . The man killed his own children.
The parents in Bethlehem knew and other Jews knew. But they were peasants with no newspaper or tv to publish this atrocity.
The Jews had their scrolls to teach out of. And the High price s t of the temple had no mire interest in a baby who may have been Messiah.
These are the people you e expected to keep a record.
If not for the YES HISTORICAL writings..in the bible this atrocity would have gone the way of many others in Judea and all around the world.
If the NAZIs had won..woukd anyone have seen the true depravity if the concentration camps. They would have been levelled to the ground as if they HD never been.
And the relatives who escaped knew only that these poor people had been taken away.
And thus was in the last century when there were cameras madness outlets. You are speaking of an event 2000 years old in a little hamlet in the Roman province if Judea.
You made up everything you wrote.

The little hamlet you refer to was along a major trade route.

Greeks, Romans, Arabs and Jews. But you can somehow explain why no one knew or cared enough to record such an amazing event.

It's like it was on another planet. Why would your god make all of this stuff so secretive and elusive? The only records we have are from years later, second hand stories overlaid with myth.

You made up everything you wrote. I get it. You can make up anything you want because it's a delusion.

All of man's gods are imaginary. That's why it seems natural to make up stories. Nice job.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452474 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers of religion are all blathering braggarts.
I suggest that your Spaghetti Monster is not real even though YOU count on it for sustenance.
And by the way ... the picture of that monster has turned me off spaghetti for life ... just so you are aware of the damage you have done.
That's a normal reaction when people first discover the truth.

Soon you will realize the importance of Him being boiled for your sins.

I will prey for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 10 min Lbj 2,002
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min bacon hater 864,738
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Truths 612,908
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... 55 min fixxitman1 12
White Lives MATTER 1 hr RFD 101
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Janie 221,992
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 1 hr Timeitwassaid 231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 272,417
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web