Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452665 Jun 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a season to everything under the sun, the Catholic's time is almost over.
No one mocks God, not even the catholic church, no matter how big They think they are; God is bigger.
We know from history the catholic church is not from God, it is a man made institution to in slave men with fear.
They have butchered, raped, stole, tortured their way across Europe. Does that sound like a PURE HOLY CHURCH with out blemish .
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT GOD IS COMING FOR.
THAT PRAY TO IDOLS DEAD PEOPLE AND HAVE MARY AS THEIR GODDESS.
MAKING HER A QUEEN OF HEAVEN SITTING IN THE PLACE THAT IS FOR GOD ALONE.
THEY HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, MORE THEN HALF OF THE PRIEST AND ALL THE POPE SHOULD BE IN JAIL, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ,
BUT FEAR NOT GOD WILL NOT BE MOCK, AND IT IS HIM THEY ARE GOING TO ANSWER TO.
WE ARE NOT TO DELIGHT IN THIS, BUT PRAY THAT THEY WILL BE TURNED, BACK TO GOD.
I agree.

So why do you read the Bible produced by such evil characters?

OK, even their Catholic Bibles say "brothers" and "sisters" instead of "cousins," so at least they respect God enough not to change that fact.

Maybe they can be reformed?

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#452666 Jun 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, my God is not only bi-sexual, he/she is tri-sexual.
Relax June, she was boiled for you.
Well now, I must eat some crow and admit that I didn't know your god was tri-sexual in nature.

But you see, the idea of the grapple tree killing innocent animals still "haunts" me, and won't give me peace of mind about the issue that your god has something to learn about love before he expects us to learn the meaning of that word.

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#452667 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the reformers or all ministers were perfect.
And the Church of England which was actually nit a Reform church burned bibles also.
They were. Catholic in belief. Just had the king instead of the pope
This persecution from Rome and England. Moved the early settlers to our shores.
The persecution was also coming from the reformer's sects. Your point can't stand Rose.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452668 Jun 16, 2013
Notice Jesus' myopia!!!!!!!!

If you think about Jesus, you realize that his biggest problem is an incredible case of myopia. We can see this myopia quite clearly as we look back at Jesus' time on earth.

The obvious question that any intelligent person is forced to ask is this:

If Jesus is God, then why didn't Jesus use his omniscience and omnipotence to actually do something magnificent and beautiful on earth rather than squandering his "power" as he does in the Bible?

Think about all the problems that Jesus could have solved. At the very least, Jesus could have transcribed passages into the Bible that would have ended sexism, racism and slavery forever.

As the simplest example, think of all of the suffering that slavery has caused. Yet Jesus did nothing of the sort. Instead, Jesus endorsed slavery.

At a larger level, if Jesus were God, he could have performed so many real miracles. He could have, for example, eliminated smallpox and a host of other diseases that science is busy eliminating today. Jesus could have given the people of Israel the knowledge that they would need to start a technological society and raise themselves above the primitive living conditions of the day.

The argument could be made that Jesus did try to solve poverty when he said that you should sell everything you own and give it to the poor.

However, in saying this, Jesus showed a complete misunderstanding of human nature. Do you know of any Christians who have sold all their possessions and given the money to the poor? Since the earliest church fathers, there have been very few.

Instead, Jesus could have taught mankind to effectively share wealth so that the immense problem of global poverty that we see today would have been solved long ago.

Most importantly, Jesus could have made his message so clear, and the proof of his godliness so obvious, that all 7 billion people on the planet would have aligned with him, rather than fragmenting into dozens of bizarre and often warring religions.

By doing this, Jesus could have completely prevented the Crusades and 9/11, among many other things.

Instead, he did none of this.

To any rational person, these problems make it painfully obvious that Jesus was a normal human being. The fact that Jesus was a normal human being renders the entire New Testament of the Bible meaningless, and in the process shows us that the God of the Bible is completely imaginary.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452669 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'll tell you what. So certain am I that no creator exists, I will dare the supposed creator to strike me dead this minute.
So if I am posting in five minutes from now, you will know that I called that supposed creator's BLUFF and nothing happened.
You people live in fear of shadows and ghosts and other evil superstitious nonsense.
You haven't left the dark ages ... not one iota.
I will take that stand with you also...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452670 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the Church never taught selling indulgences or torture of the Jews. Those things were done by bad guys contrary to Church teachings.
Bl. John Paul II apologized for those bad guys.
Today the people know the Lord and would prompty show the bad guys with unsound doctrine the door.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452671 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Maybe your spaghetti monster knows.
Yes, the FSM does know. The answer is simple.

No true god would knowingly appoint a bad vicar, yet alone several bad ones.

Thus, your god doesn't know so much after all.

Thus by classical reasoning, the CC's claim has been proven wrong.

The claim doesn't fit the reality.

It's all self-serving, but clearly imaginary.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452672 Jun 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>we woul;d be morons if we believe you about anything.
you tell us that you are a deacon and you belong to the SBC, and ywet we know the SBC would NEVE allow a divorced man to hold that officee.
you continue to show your senility by insisting that John, the Beloved Aposlte LIED when he call Jesus God.
I dont know what you are doing but what it is is WRONG.
You are a liar....show me where I even hinted that I am a deacon....

Are you also calling the Catholic pope a liar:

From the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

Location hidden

#452673 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sola Scripture means that any principle that the church (or individual) teaches MUST AGREE with what is written in the Word."
Who has the authority to decide if it agrees?
C'mon now Kay, you made the accusation, all I ask is that you back it up with something..
Anyone with half an ounce of brain....and it does not take any sort of Spirituality to see the trashing of the Bible you people are guilty of..

God's Word says: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Catholics says.."God got it wrong..again...Mary was sinless...
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#452675 Jun 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a season to everything under the sun, the Catholic's time is almost over.
No one mocks God, not even the catholic church, no matter how big They think they are; God is bigger.
We know from history the catholic church is not from God, it is a man made institution to in slave men with fear.
They have butchered, raped, stole, tortured their way across Europe. Does that sound like a PURE HOLY CHURCH with out blemish .
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT GOD IS COMING FOR.
THAT PRAY TO IDOLS DEAD PEOPLE AND HAVE MARY AS THEIR GODDESS.
MAKING HER A QUEEN OF HEAVEN SITTING IN THE PLACE THAT IS FOR GOD ALONE.
THEY HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, MORE THEN HALF OF THE PRIEST AND ALL THE POPE SHOULD BE IN JAIL, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ,
BUT FEAR NOT GOD WILL NOT BE MOCK, AND IT IS HIM THEY ARE GOING TO ANSWER TO.
WE ARE NOT TO DELIGHT IN THIS, BUT PRAY THAT THEY WILL BE TURNED, BACK TO GOD.
Amen! www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Location hidden

#452676 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Scripture alone (from the Reformation slogan Sola Scriptura) is the teaching that Scripture is the Church's only infallible and sufficient rule for deciding issues of faith and practices that involve doctrines. "
Except scripture doesn't SAY it's the only infallible and sufficient rule.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Message: Since Scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and God is perfect, cannot make any errors, that proves that it is infallible...sufficient...noth ing else is needed..

Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...

If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#452677 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'll tell you what. So certain am I that no creator exists, I will dare the supposed creator to strike me dead this minute.
So if I am posting in five minutes from now, you will know that I called that supposed creator's BLUFF and nothing happened.
You people live in fear of shadows and ghosts and other evil superstitious nonsense.
You haven't left the dark ages ... not one iota.
Put aside your games for another five minutes and answer this question: You're not here to "enlighten" anyone. That's obvious because your posts are hardly ever even polite, and they NEVER contain even a single kind or pleasant word. So then: Why are you such a vindictive bitter harpy?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452678 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the Church never taught selling indulgences or torture of the Jews. Those things were done by bad guys contrary to Church teachings.
World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452679 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take that stand with you also...
Good! If each person would say I will test the idea of the existence of a creator and ask to be struck dead this moment for lack of belief in the supposed creator, they would soon understand that no creator exists TO strike them dead, and that what we have been fed is all superstitious nonsense preached to hold followers in the bondage of fear.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452680 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Put aside your games for another five minutes and answer this question: You're not here to "enlighten" anyone. That's obvious because your posts are hardly ever even polite, and they NEVER contain even a single kind or pleasant word. So then: Why are you such a vindictive bitter harpy?
Are you and your bible enlightening people to treat each other as equals?

Your religion teaches that we must all follow your beliefs or end up on the short end of the stick, in hell.

I have no use for such nonsense. Superstitious religion creates the disturbances on earth that it professes to CURE.

Location hidden

#452681 Jun 16, 2013
Whom is coming back????!!!!!

Second Coming of Jesus

Jesus promised His disciples He would come again. It's in the Bible, John 14:1-3, "Let not your heart be troubled. You are trusting God, now trust in Me. There are many homes up there where my Father lives, and I am going to prepare them for your coming. When everything is ready, then I will come and get you, so that you can always be with Me where I am. If this weren't so, I would tell you plainly. And you know where I am going and how to get there."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452682 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bl. John Paul II apologized for those bad guys.
Is that not who you take your instruction from?
It has been shown that their actions and teachings were and are incorrect, yet you follow them anyway.
Your organization is imperfect, so also must their doctrine be also.

To follow such an organizations edicts would require one to be insane...or hypocritical-in the very least, dishonest and careless.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452683 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with half an ounce of brain....and it does not take any sort of Spirituality to see the trashing of the Bible you people are guilty of..
God's Word says: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Catholics says.."God got it wrong..again...Mary was sinless...
None of which can be verified or proven.

The evidence for both sides is made up. There is no provable foundation upon which to build an agreement.

Therefore, this debate is 100% predictable. There will be no end, until the god goes out of fashion, or until one side is able to annihilate the other.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452684 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
So that must mean that the Muslims, Jews, Protestants and Catholics all received their messages from the same one and only god, and that the god is nuttier than a fruitcake.

If you are honest with your self ... you will see the games you play with your own mind which in turn allows you to believe you are "special."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452685 Jun 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Notice Jesus' myopia!!!!!!!!
If you think about Jesus, you realize that his biggest problem is an incredible case of myopia. We can see this myopia quite clearly as we look back at Jesus' time on earth.
The obvious question that any intelligent person is forced to ask is this:
If Jesus is God, then why didn't Jesus use his omniscience and omnipotence to actually do something magnificent and beautiful on earth rather than squandering his "power" as he does in the Bible?
Think about all the problems that Jesus could have solved. At the very least, Jesus could have transcribed passages into the Bible that would have ended sexism, racism and slavery forever.
As the simplest example, think of all of the suffering that slavery has caused. Yet Jesus did nothing of the sort. Instead, Jesus endorsed slavery.
At a larger level, if Jesus were God, he could have performed so many real miracles. He could have, for example, eliminated smallpox and a host of other diseases that science is busy eliminating today. Jesus could have given the people of Israel the knowledge that they would need to start a technological society and raise themselves above the primitive living conditions of the day.
The argument could be made that Jesus did try to solve poverty when he said that you should sell everything you own and give it to the poor.
However, in saying this, Jesus showed a complete misunderstanding of human nature. Do you know of any Christians who have sold all their possessions and given the money to the poor? Since the earliest church fathers, there have been very few.
Instead, Jesus could have taught mankind to effectively share wealth so that the immense problem of global poverty that we see today would have been solved long ago.
Most importantly, Jesus could have made his message so clear, and the proof of his godliness so obvious, that all 7 billion people on the planet would have aligned with him, rather than fragmenting into dozens of bizarre and often warring religions.
By doing this, Jesus could have completely prevented the Crusades and 9/11, among many other things.
Instead, he did none of this.
To any rational person, these problems make it painfully obvious that Jesus was a normal human being. The fact that Jesus was a normal human being renders the entire New Testament of the Bible meaningless, and in the process shows us that the God of the Bible is completely imaginary.
Jesus never once uttered the words in the supposed "good book" ... "Just a minute now dad ... there's something wrong with me preaching about how people are supposed to love each other while you are busy allowing a devil to burn souls in hell."

The theology is ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Nohweh 15,726
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 1 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 983,094
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 3 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,689
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 6 hr Dave Matthews 4
More from around the web