Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452432 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romans and the Herodians killed anyone who they thought was a threat.
Everyone in or not in religion who was perceived as a threat to those in power were imprisoned, tortured and often put to death.

Religion didn't and does not change human nature for the better. It simply gave humans an excuse to be cruel by claiming that a god ordained the brutality.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#452433 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Which comments lead you to belive we scorn the bible?
I have question . I have Saud before that I believe the Catholic Church started as those devoted to God and His Son but became so entrenched with the secular that their popes and hierarchy were nothing like the apostles.

I have cited the BIRGUA pope and his mistresses and children and other excesses.
The Church which went along with the Inquisition.

Etc

Ok now someone gave me a mire modern link and let me say I have nothing to say on these people's belief ..It's theirs fine.

But they seem to see one of your popes as an anti pope.
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Natura...

So if you all say the succesaors to St Peter cane from God.how can this be.

I think some are and were closer to Peter than others.

That the Church at tines strayed way off the Church of the Apostles.
That your mire blessed Pope has acknowkedges this. But you all keep worshipping your church as if it is God.

The people if Jerusalem felt this way about the TEMPLE..IMO

JESUS US where our focus should be no matter what we call ourselves.

Any man run institution is fallibie especially religious ones..any denomination ..Imo

As believers we should be united in JESUS. ALONE

Prince George, Canada

#452434 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Jesus's own spoken and stated words--
In the minds of little children Santa Claus said loud and clear that if they weren't good, they would receive no presents.

The parents told them that story, and the little children knew no better than to have faith in the words of their parents.

Are you going to accept that Catholic theologians are YOUR parents.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#452435 Jun 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
"so"
give the catholic church the right amount of money and the pope will be kissing your feet.

Prince George, Canada

#452436 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Edifying and the last verse should speak to all of us on here.
Including me.
We disagree. Ok but let's speak in kindness??
We are most of us believers
Why pretend that you are nice to those who reside in other religions, when in the next sentence you will call them liars and claim that the one and only truth belongs to YOU???

WHY???
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452437 Jun 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it's free,no tax money to be colloected,so get rid of him.
I agree Jethro, that is why Pot is not legalized. they can't control its growth.
Not that I think people should grow it.

usa

#452438 Jun 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was raised on lies. Lies such as "once saved always saved".
You see no evidence that any church can claim to the the true Church Jesus built?
Well that doesn't mean there is no evidence actually existing that there is one.
Christ likened His Church to a city on a hill, a light in the darkness, things which are visible and concrete.
He said nobody lights a candle and then puts a basket over it.
Are you saying that Christ established His Church and then promptly hid it from the world?
christ is the leader of his church,there fore he would be found in his church most of the time,but have yoy ever seen jesus sitting in the papal chair of his church? and it would be a perfect church,not the b.s. we have out there now,doing nothing but coming up with ways to make money,all the killings over the centuries proves they care only about one thing,putting fear into people to join their church,in order to make money.

Prince George, Canada

#452439 Jun 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo, confrinting and others posting here have the answers.
They're just not good at articulating such profoundness.
Once they learn who they really are, they will tell you one thing.
"He was boiled for our sins."
Preachers of religion are all blathering braggarts.

I suggest that your Spaghetti Monster is not real even though YOU count on it for sustenance.

And by the way ... the picture of that monster has turned me off spaghetti for life ... just so you are aware of the damage you have done.

:)
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452440 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In the minds of little children Santa Claus said loud and clear that if they weren't good, they would receive no presents.
The parents told them that story, and the little children knew no better than to have faith in the words of their parents.
Are you going to accept that Catholic theologians are YOUR parents.
Let me tell you about the birds and the bees,
the flowers and the trees, the moon up about and a thing
called love.

Prince George, Canada

#452441 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I would say we hold the bible in much higher regard than you do.
You can't tell it from your comments on here.
KayMarie
What's-a-matter??? You don't like the idea that others adore your book more than do you???

Jealousy will get you ... well ... where will it get you???

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452442 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers of religion are all blathering braggarts.
I suggest that your Spaghetti Monster is not real even though YOU count on it for sustenance.
And by the way ... the picture of that monster has turned me off spaghetti for life ... just so you are aware of the damage you have done.
See didn't I tell you men make gods out of everything.
Even food.

usa

#452443 Jun 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah-Protestantism was the sand.
The Church is the rock.
the rock was peters knowing honest, belief in who jesus was.he built his church starting with what peter said about him being the christ,that is your rock

usa

#452444 Jun 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no problem Dan. there is an old adage.
and I bleive it since I have known you.lol
you can lead a jackxxx to water but you cant make him believe.
show something undeniably believable then people will believe.

Prince George, Canada

#452445 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer you received from your self or someone else is wrong.
There was no one else to tell me that my arrogance of believing my own religious dogmas were as groundless and silly as all other dogmas.

It was me, giving my self a necessary lecture.

Prince George, Canada

#452446 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you about the birds and the bees,
the flowers and the trees, the moon up about and a thing
called love.
Would that be just before or after you tell me all about how I will burn in hell, while Jesus will be sure to bless with his Jewish rituals in Christian heaven???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452447 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>When you call yourself a teacher of Gods word and it is obvious that you are not qualified to be trying to teach,I have to break you down to your lowest common denominator. However since I know that if you read the Bible from beginning to end you would never see that there were 6 temptations of Christ by Satan so I guess I'll reveal the appendix that goes in-depth and shows that there were 6 temptations.
http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app116.html
I seriously doubt though that you have the Spiritual fortitude to be able to handle the deeper things that many of you merely gloss over that are revealed in the scriptures. And by the way..........YOU'RE WELCOME.
You said you would show me Scripture that proved your word..you did not because you can't...it ain't there stupid...

Prince George, Canada

#452448 Jun 15, 2013
I just watched a program about how Lance Armstrong used all his might to keep his lies of using drugs hidden for so many years. He intimidated others, called THEM liars and did everything in his power to keep his image pristine.

But, the lies finally caught up to him in the end.

Once people try to hide one lie, often more and more lies become necessary to hide the first lie.

Religion, being based on fantasy, yet claiming to KNOW truth, was a gigantic lie from it's very beginning.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#452449 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why pretend that you are nice to those who reside in other religions, when in the next sentence you will call them liars and claim that the one and only truth belongs to YOU???
WHY???
June

Do nit out words in my mouth . I maintain truth is JESUS no matter what our rituals are.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#452450 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Which comments lead you to belive we scorn the bible?
Your constant scolding of those who accept the authenticity of the Bible.
Plus your insistence that the Catholic precepts are more important than the Bible.
KayMarie
Let's try to avoid generalizing. Specifically, where have you been scolded for your acceptance of the bible's authenticity? Which precepts do we claim are more important than the bible?

Our rejection of the unbiblical doctrine of sola scriptura does not mean we have a low opinion of it. I would suggest the idea that anyone who picks up a bible (what we call Sacred Scripture) has the authority to privately judge it's meaning makes a mockery of scripture.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452451 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>In other words the 116th Appendix that demonstrates that Christ was tempted not 3 times but 6 TIMES was way too advanced for you to comprehend. I knew I should not be here trying to feed yo the meat of Gods word when you still require milk.
Aren't you embarrassed to be so Biblically illiterate and call yourself a teacher of Gods word? Satan must be laughing hilariously at you.
You said you would show be Scripture that proved me wrong...you can babble all you want...until you do, I will no longer respond...you are an idiot....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 830,766
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min dollarsbill 3,681
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 19 min Neelakaran 6,410
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 57 min lightbeamrider 2,320
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,328
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 1 hr Avy 37
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr vinit patell 46
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 40,238
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Rick in Kansas 270,840
More from around the web