Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683865 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452605 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bethlehem???was a village of shepherds.
They raised lambs most likely to be used in the temple.
They were of little concern to Romans or Herod until he heard ..since he was nit really a Jew..a poo prophecy about the Messiah and mire he heard from the wise men that a,New king was born.
I think it was likely that this happened a while after the birth ..Imo
It's actuality celebrated on a different day ..But her or was an animal and crazy. Killed 2 of his sons to protect his throne..He saw a king as a threat same as his own children.
To be clear, you say 3 wise men heard about a god-man being born and traveled great distances to honor the new child-god.

But no one else in the region was impressed enough to write about this event until about 100 years later?

In fact, this man-god walked the earth for 32 years, but we only have hearsay accounts of two.

And when Herod tried to have this god killed off, no one wrote about that event either, except in one Gospel many decades later.

That's the definition of myth.

It's so silly that 2000 years later, the vast majority of believers have to have that drilled into their heads from early childhood.

If you don't believe this nonsense, then you will be tortured for all eternity, so why take a chance.??????

Nope. That would be a psycho-god. I don't believe in psycho-gods.

I believe in the only true God -- the only God for whom no soul has been killed or tortured. That's proof of my God.

Come to the light. He was boiled for you.

Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452606 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad popes can have an effect on the faithful, he just can't change doctrine. He doesn't have the authority. The Church never taught the selling of indulgences or the torture of Jews.
The bad protestant minister picks up a bible, says "God says ....." and his flock follows.
Also, the reformers were enmeshed in secular kingdoms as well.
Why would any god allow for a bad vicar in the first place?

Or a second bad vicar??? Or a third?

It seems that one bad "God's vicar on earth" -- yet alone many bad ones -- would be proof that no god is appointing these dudes.

Sure, anyone can hire a bad manager every once in awhile. But a God? That wouldn't be faithful to its own creation, right?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452607 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad popes can have an effect on the faithful, he just can't change doctrine. He doesn't have the authority. The Church never taught the selling of indulgences or the torture of Jews.
The bad protestant minister picks up a bible, says "God says ....." and his flock follows.
Members of the clergy were selling indulgences in times past.

And we'll read this. Unfortunately non everyone agrees on the Inquisition
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

Even Pope John Paul took a limited guilt on the Church. For it
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452608 Jun 16, 2013
Thanks Gut!
Are you for sure God is Englishman?
Yes I think I can wrote on English!
Don't force me about that!

Please tell me about help!
O well our lovely police ne-volice can give some drug friend ..o don't worry judge of them will cover up everything.
Are you for sure Marihuana not going to be sell publicly just under order of background who can and who can't?
Please tell me why I am wrong?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452609 Jun 16, 2013
Did Jew in America as other country who is been on power take care about Laos 15 millions victim..if not please tell me why not.
Don't tell church give order.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452610 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the reformers or all ministers were perfect.

And the Church of England which was actually nit a Reform church burned bibles also.
They were. Catholic in belief. Just had the king instead of the pope

This persecution from Rome and England. Moved the early settlers to our shores.
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#452611 Jun 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
To be clear, you say 3 wise men heard about a god-man being born and traveled great distances to honor the new child-god.
But no one else in the region was impressed enough to write about this event until about 100 years later?
In fact, this man-god walked the earth for 32 years, but we only have hearsay accounts of two.
And when Herod tried to have this god killed off, no one wrote about that event either, except in one Gospel many decades later.
That's the definition of myth.
It's so silly that 2000 years later, the vast majority of believers have to have that drilled into their heads from early childhood.
If you don't believe this nonsense, then you will be tortured for all eternity, so why take a chance.??????
Nope. That would be a psycho-god. I don't believe in psycho-gods.
I believe in the only true God -- the only God for whom no soul has been killed or tortured. That's proof of my God.
You are one sick puppy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452612 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick puppy.
To a non believer the things of God are. Foolishness

If the bible ..with it's long history were any other book

The secularists would shout. Look what we found ..a very old history..telling us things going back thousands of years.

Look at the craziness last year about a very small piece of a,Mayan wall..the wall belonged to a people so prescient they could tell the end of the world..But not their own extinction as a civilization.
And it was,only a piece eith writing on it..
Who knows what was on the rest of the wall.

Silly
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#452613 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To a non believer the things of God are. Foolishness
If the bible ..with it's long history were any other book
The secularists would shout. Look what we found ..a very old history..telling us things going back thousands of years.
Look at the craziness last year about a very small piece of a,Mayan wall..the wall belonged to a people so prescient they could tell the end of the world..But not their own extinction as a civilization.
And it was,only a piece eith writing on it..
Who knows what was on the rest of the wall.
Silly
As history is told from human perspective, the stories concerning wars, et cetera are not totally dependable. But depending on history concerning religion, which in the first place is based on stories written by theologians concerning invisible characters and all their supposed antics and dialogues among each other, is ludicrous.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452614 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Are YOU one healthy puppy.

I remember years ago a woman telling me that I needed psychiatric help. She later ended up in the psychiatric wards of varying hospitals.

The following two lines are from something I wrote years ago

At times my finger pointed at many folks you see
But in the end my finger curled and pointed back at me
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452615 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would any god allow for a bad vicar in the first place?
If a god exists and supports places of worship as "his" supposed holy centers ... then what occurs IN those places should be of HOLY essence.

Those teaching and preaching religion are simply mortal humans with absolutely no purity in them whatsoever ... but rather just spewing a lot of hot air in the quest to impress others.

Religion is BUNK!
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452616 Jun 16, 2013
GUT
Why don't you asked about word of madness mecca
after c coming d med=honey
meca=medina medness
see read
Did you know someone have more in finger then in head?
see mecca center box..see id finger as id document..see why they going around and pray..see medness
=medne$$=44
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452617 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
This bragging about your pile of spaghetti is really starting to frustrate me.

For one thing, you are ignoring that class A modern Pagan goddess, who loves everybody.

AND you are ignoring how the latest Jesus-newcomer preaches that there is no hell or devil or evil and that the god of the bible loves everybody without any glitches whatsoever.

Now, I suggest you stop fibbing and start flying right.

By the way are you one of those male theologians that looks down on women???

Why is your spaghetti god male rather than bi-sexual??? For a change I demand equal treatment from the sky.

:)
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452618 Jun 16, 2013
if you have something in body as mesh..what you will say as infections on entire nerve system how you call that judges doctors police and other evil people honest and righteousness call others med..but they set up on evil corrupt way.,
What you will do..have gun and protected yourself against evil corrupt abusers of power.

evil is evil evil diploma for money and defended corrupt institution will do anything on evil wayyyyyyyyyyyy

evil is always evil
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452619 Jun 16, 2013
do you trust evil doctors which under evil order put under influence of evil spirit of your loveones..did that doctor are corupt criminals or if you call them like that what they will do defended themself..call corupt police set up corupt judges and entire system can be corupt as abuse power against innocent victim or victims..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452620 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad popes can have an effect on the faithful
I thought you wrote bad "hopes" ... and I was going to agree with you.

Believing in a hell environment for others in a hereafter, as do so many in religion, might ultimately have a negative effect on the ones who believe that dogma.

I refuse to believe that in a hereafter others will suffer. That thought is very negative, and from my perspective, it is better for my own emotional and mental health to believe that if there just happens to be a hereafter, all will well for others.

Ancient theology with its fear-based dogmas taught people TO be negative concerning thoughts of other humans.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452621 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I see your point. I'm sorry. I need to be more sensitive to other's delusional needs, so I'll explain.
The FSM only enters the meatball when you stick a fork into it and a cross-dressing pirate somewhere says the magic words while raising the meatball -- proclaiming "this is my brain, this is my blood, seasoned to perfection. Amen."
Hope that helps.
Do this and you'll go to Heaven. If you fail to follow these rules -- you end up at Olive Garden for all eternity.
Well your explanation helps a bit, but still, I see that you don't expand your horizon to include the modernized god and goddess.

You need a bit more understanding in that area, so you won't believe that your own god is "ALL THAT!"

:)
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452622 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Thank you, but factually correct. So all you can do is change IDs and call names.

I am honored.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452623 Jun 16, 2013
in within in wit in
whats deference between wit kit git
Did you know 3x altar of evil..india turkey germany
find place where.. trough old time..not attack people today..not be very angry..just except as part of game where understanding going win..

to be winner its mean everybody going run to be first
but who is last will be first..
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#452624 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad popes don't create doctrine. They can't.
Whether a pope is bad or good is a matter of perspective.

From my perspective, the popes were bad actors in the first place to pretend they were speaking on behalf of a god.

That arrogance that was rooted in theology,(the word theology meaning the STUDY of all religion)... should not pay dividends. It should be recognized as lies in the guise of truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Mr Wiggley 16,836
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 25 min common sense 25
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,417
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Elerby 983,157
Venting Against FAKE Americans 1 hr His Eminency dr S... 6
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Rider on the Storm 26
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 2 hr His Eminency dr S... 45
More from around the web