Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,798
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452356 Jun 15, 2013
Brown-noser ... "I'm so in love with you Jesus, I hope you know."

Jesus ... "Why do you keep slobbering?"

B.N.... "Sorry, but I'm so in love with you."

Jesus ... "WHY?"

B.N.... "HUH???"

Jesus ... "You heard me, I asked you why you keep trying to convince me that you are in love with me."

B.N.... "Well, I'm supposed to love you, as you are the only way to my salvation."

Jesus ... "Do you think for even a moment you fooled me?"

B.N.... "UH ... ER ... DUH ... COUGH ... WHEEZ ... CHOKE.......... What do you want me to say???"

Jesus ... "If I existed I would tell you that with human-created words men lied to you and you were suckered in because of your ravenous lust to believe you were special."

Prince George, Canada

#452357 Jun 15, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
St Francis says........incidents by two different authors.
People naturally assume that there were THREE wisemen because there were THREE gifts. You cannot prove that there were, or were not three.
Michael says.......Outside the bible ONLY! there is no recorded history of any wisemen, gifts, virgin birth, King Herod slaughtering infant males etc. etc. etc.
........something is wrong ST. Francis, when no one else from the entire mediteranean during this era recorded any such events and their were many Jewish and Roman writers of the day who recorded daily events. They are totally silent.
......something is wrong when the story claims a baby born into a Jewish family had 33 years to convince his fellow Jews that he was son of God, but instead becomes a rebel and a traitor to his own life long belief.
Not good work of a god/man
.......something is wrong.
It's that promise of salvation that keep them plugged in to self-ingratiating stupidity.

They've over-dosed on so many of their favorite scriptures, they just keep regurgitating and chewing the same old cud.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#452358 Jun 15, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants may differ on various doctrinal issues, however, the only thing that really matters is what unites ALL Protestants. And that is ..........
1. John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
2. Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
3. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
<quoted text>
I do my best to ignore your stupidity but it is time you were informed of your ignorance.
42,000? You change your number as much as you change your theology. You are a pathetic heartless wimpy so-called Christian. You went to the Roman church because you are incapable of thinking on your own. You must be told what and how to think.
United? In perhaps one doctrine but it is the only doctrine that has eternal value and actually matters. Try reading and listening. God gave you two ears to listen and one mouth, although in your case huge, to speak. Protestant agree on the following, whether there are 42,000 or 420,000. AGREEMENT on what really matters.
1. John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
2. Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
3. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Amen

Prince George, Canada

#452359 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I expected as much from you. What else does one expect from someone that is such a juvenile deliquent when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE W0RD OF TRUTH,that they still think that God drove Adam and Eve from the garden because they ate the wrong produce.
That Adam and Eve myth started long before Christianity, as did so many of the other myths such as Noah and his boat (with no motor) paddling around the world.

Really very silly stuff for cunning theologians to feed to gullible people.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Floods

After Noah, the best-known hero of the flood sagas is the Babylonian hero Gilgamesh, whose account is enshrined in the Epic of Gilgamesh. In ancient Sumer, the man chosen for survival was Ziusudra (meaning “he saw life”). The god Enki warned him of the gods’ decision to destroy mankind in a flood. His tale is found in the Eridu Genesis that dates back to the seventeenth century B.C.: Ziusudra is instructed to build a large boat. The flood persists for seven days, at the end of which, after making sacrifices to the gods, Ziusudra is rewarded with the gift of eternal life.
St Francis

Palm Harbor, FL

#452360 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that promise of salvation that keep them plugged in to self-ingratiating stupidity.
They've over-dosed on so many of their favorite scriptures, they just keep regurgitating and chewing the same old cud.
Oh.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452361 Jun 15, 2013
St Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Oh Oh lol

Prince George, Canada

#452362 Jun 15, 2013
Fear was used as a propellant to in turn make the faithful ones beg for mercy from the supposed all-powerful God ... who conveniently was always invisible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Weather and the Bible

More typical is the following verse from Psalm 107:25, 29:“For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof…. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.”

But the Lord’s wrath can also express itself through the weather, and it does so frequently:

Psalm 78:47:“He destroyed … their sycamore trees with frost….”

Psalm 18:12-14:“… He shot out lightening and discomfited them.”

1 Kings 8:35-36 [2 Chronicles 6:26-27]:“When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray…and turn from their sin, when thou afflictest them: Then hear thou … and give rain…”

Psalm 78:47-48:“He destroyed their vines with hail….He gave up their cattle also to the hail….”

Prince George, Canada

#452363 Jun 15, 2013
If you can imagine such stupidity ... picture the idea that while the Catholics were killing the Jews left and right as Christ-killers ... Jesus the supposed Christ of whom they preached, was busy forgiving Catholic sins in Catholic confessionals.

And at the same time, the same Catholics were praying to the one and only god who according to the theology of the Jews, favored ONLY Jews.

Religion is BUNK!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452364 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Confrinting's audacity to actually deny recorded historical and scriptural verses from the New Testament and especially from Paul's writings, with regard to the CHURCH, is just planin inconceivable and incomprehensible......... His defiant and willfully beligerent "rejection" of what is clearly written with regard to the TRUTH of the authoritative, visible and heirarchical CHURCH, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ, with the Bishop, as an overseer (Acts 20:17,28, is just plain rebelliousness and defiance of the TRUTH .... In Paul's writings, the word bishop is used in conjunction with priests, deacons, and elders. The necessity in the organization of and within the Churches was to provide for an "order" charged with superintendent and pastorial service. The Bishop is exhorted to exercise oversight (I Peter 5:2. His qualifications are expressely stated (1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9....Phil 1:1 references Christs Church at Philippi with the Bishop as overseer. This is "exactly why" in I Tim 3:15 Paul tells us that "THE CHURCH" is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH". Paul doesn't say The bible is the foundation and pillar of the truth---He says THE CHURCH!!! I don't read anywhere in the Sacred Scripture where Jesus or the Apostles handed out bibles, or read out of the bible to the Christians in the Churches of Antioch, Phillippi, Corinth, Thessalonica, Colossus, Ephesus, or anywhere else as!!!!!
The Catholic scorn for the Bible is scary.
KM
We, as Catholics, do not scorn the bible, KayMarie! And the fact is that "you KNOW tha we don't"!...... Catholics do not believe in Sola Ecclesia or bible only!..... We believe in Sola Verbum Dei (the Word of God alone)....... This comes directly from Christ and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21 --the same Church that Paul refers to in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH......... The infallable wisdom of God is made known through His Church (Eph 3:9-10......... Catholics have the "greatest love" for the Bible as the Word of God, but it is not the only authority for Christians......... It can't be because it cannot interpret itself!!........ The Bible directs us to an authority "outside of itself" to understand what it correctly, actually and truthfully means......... We want to ensure that it properly interpreted and not abused with "false, contradicting, conflicting and heretical interpretations that continue to divide, splinter, and separate the body of Christ as it has done since the Reformation, now with over 42,000 inconsistent, contradicting (bible only) Protestant (self-editorializing) interpretations.

Prince George, Canada

#452365 Jun 15, 2013
St Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
OH OH!!!

:)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452366 Jun 15, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
St Francis says........incidents by two different authors.
People naturally assume that there were THREE wisemen because there were THREE gifts. You cannot prove that there were, or were not three.
Michael says.......Outside the bible ONLY! there is no recorded history of any wisemen, gifts, virgin birth, King Herod slaughtering infant males etc. etc. etc.
........something is wrong ST. Francis, when no one else from the entire mediteranean during this era recorded any such events and their were many Jewish and Roman writers of the day who recorded daily events. They are totally silent.
......something is wrong when the story claims a baby born into a Jewish family had 33 years to convince his fellow Jews that he was son of God, but instead becomes a rebel and a traitor to his own life long belief.
Not good work of a god/man
.......something is wrong.
Yes Michael!! Something is wrong!! Look in the mirror and you find the answer!!!

Prince George, Canada

#452367 Jun 15, 2013
The Catholics in the Vatican were not nearly the first soothsayers.

Observe the crafts of these ancient soothsayers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Etruscan Soothsayers

The Etuscans, whose civilization flourished in northern Italy around 9000 B.C., practiced a form of divination known as haruspicy. To make their predictions, the soothsayers—called haruspices (diviners)—would examine the entrails of animals. They used the weather in their prophesying: It is thought that they could foretell disaster or good fortune by measuring changes in wind direction, claps of thunder, or bolts of lightening.

Prince George, Canada

#452368 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We, as Catholics, do not scorn the bible,.
Of course NOT. Catholics compiled the bible to use as a battering ram against others, and to brag about their own salvation through belief in a Jew.

Prince George, Canada

#452369 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Michael!! Something is wrong!! Look in the mirror and you find the answer!!!
For what it's worth ... the bible is your mirror.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452370 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing can compare with tooting one's own horn. I wrote the following this morning to suit the mood.
God loves me, can't you see
I'm the best that there can be
With a cross and a wafer I deserve a throne
I know I'm loved by God alone
The Devil has no place to go
In my realm I say it's so
So off to heaven it is for me
I've become a saint you see
Some might say that I am vain
That I've become a nagging pain
But I have faith it's plain to see
I brown-nose God so he'll love me
AT THIS PLACE IN TIME I SEE,
HEAVEN IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THEE,
YOUR JOY IS IN THE DEVILS REALM,
TO POKE FUN AT GOD'S OWN.
GOD WILL GRANT YOU YOUR ONE DESIRE,
AND LAND YOU IN THE LAKE OF FIRE.
GOD DOES NOT WANT THIS TO BE,
HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR THEE.
THE CHOICE IS UP TO THEE,
WILL IT BE HEAVEN,
OR HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Prince George, Canada

#452371 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452372 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

You woukd be better off believing in Christ only ..He never makes mistakes
Imo
No problem!! I/we as Catholics fully believe, completely follow, firmly adhere to and entirely trust in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the ecumentical Savior of the World and His forgiveness and Promise of Salvation-----in and through HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH the same One True Church that He intitated, formed and established over 2000 years ago, which is recorded in Matthew 16:13-21

Prince George, Canada

#452373 Jun 15, 2013
These ancient believers would have killed their supposed god ... if only they could have located him.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Drought Legends

Legends about droughts—and ways of ending them—have inevitably arisen among people who have seen their crops wither and die under perpetually cloudless skies. The Zuni Indians, for instance, attributed droughts to the malevolence of a monster called Cloud Eater. He stood as tall as a mountain peak and had an insatiable appetite for clouds, leaving none in the sky to produce rain. The Zunis would hunt him far and wide to stop his depredations so that they would have rain, but no one knew where to find him.

Prince George, Canada

#452374 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem!! I/we as Catholics fully believe, completely follow, firmly adhere to and entirely trust in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the ecumentical Savior of the World and His forgiveness and Promise of Salvation-----in and through HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH the same One True Church that He intitated, formed and established over 2000 years ago, which is recorded in Matthew 16:13-21
But can your belief capture and contain a myth???

That is the question you refuse to ask of your self.

You are having too much fun preaching nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#452375 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
AT THIS PLACE IN TIME I SEE,
HEAVEN IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THEE,
YOUR JOY IS IN THE DEVILS REALM,
TO POKE FUN AT GOD'S OWN.
GOD WILL GRANT YOU YOUR ONE DESIRE,
AND LAND YOU IN THE LAKE OF FIRE.
GOD DOES NOT WANT THIS TO BE,
HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR THEE.
THE CHOICE IS UP TO THEE,
WILL IT BE HEAVEN,
OR HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY.
Not TOO bad! But still ... I don't believe your message that you are special substance for a heaven and I will be evil fodder for a hell.

Nice try though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 776,125
Scientific proof for God's existence 9 min God Truth 16
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 10 min UIDIOTRACEuMAKEWO... 5,121
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min how g 605,125
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Rick in Kansas 265,252
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min KiMare 96,764
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 38 min AERT 669
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min WildWeirdWillie 175,720
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr foothillbilly 441,788
More from around the web