Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452522 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
Nah.

Just skip all the rhetoric and prove your deity actually exists.

That will save a lot of wasted time and space.

Location hidden

#452523 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite June!! But then again your atheistic or agnostic (or whatever you are)-----editorialized personal opinions are just a continuation of the same old "blowing more and more (anti-christian "smoke" and "hot air" that you are so "famous for". Oh, yes!! I forgot to include the smorgasboard of(quoted) authors and writers, that you "hang out with"! We, "very much" appreciate your non-christian "bull dozing"!! LOL
Well geeeeeze!

Just prove your deity exists...that should solve the problem, and you wouldn't have to keep beating the bushes.

Location hidden

#452524 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say we hold the bible in much higher regard than you do.
If you can't prove your deity even exists, then your book(as it's word) is as useful as tits on a boar.

Location hidden

#452525 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and they are included in the bible.
I BELIEVE them fully . They comprise the part of the book we call old testament.
You truly are ignorant of history and religions aren't you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452526 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read and reread the entire bible RoSesz---NOT what you only the parts you want to read and want it mean "only" what you want it to say.......... Jesus Christs established, intiiated and formed HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH in Matthew 16:13-21 --and it was ONE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH recorded for over 2000 years in TRUE CHURCH HISTORY by accredited and noted Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant).....HIS CHURCH is referred to over 30 times in the New Testament, beginning with HIS FIRST CHURCH at Antioch (Acts 2). It was a heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (again Acts 2). Pauls writings to ALL of the Churches included Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Galacia, Colossus, Phillipi, etc. ALL headed by the Apostles, ALL with Bishops, priests, deacons and ALL were visible, authoritative and heirarchical. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "THE CHURCH" (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! Its ALL in the Bible RoSesz and it has been validated, and confirmed as TRUTH for over 2000 years. As a former Protestant, Jesus is the Way, the FULLNESS of the Truth and the FULLNESS and COMPLETENESS of Life, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
Finally your starting to get it...One Holy Universal(catholic) ad Apostolic Church.NOT the catholic church of today....

Location hidden

#452527 Jun 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo, confrinting and others posting here have the answers.
They're just not good at articulating such profoundness.
Once they learn who they really are, they will tell you one thing.
"He was boiled for our sins."
Ramen!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452528 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said :)
The Trinity is a mystery, for sure. When I finally stopped trying to comprehend how three Persons could be One God, EACH fully God, yet not three gods, but ONE God--it dawned on me that that we aren't MEANT to UNDERSTAND it, only to ACCEPT it. I've saved a lot of money on aspirin since then ;)
I'm a Christian of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS).
Good to meet.you ..That.Is one thing I do thank the Catholics for.
I grew up learning the mysteries trinity..virgin birth .
Never questioned them

After all if God is all powerful he would not operate in a manner we would begin to understand

He created everything down to the DNA..just Imagine what heaven looks like!!!

I was born again was,baptized in a Baptist church that was,so poor we got incorporated into another Baptist congregation in order to save our Church buildings. They had been a home church looking for a building
And ours had been rented out to a Brazilian church which left.
And we had a,Haitian church we gave space to.
They came just in time..God's grace is amazing

When I hear about rich megaxhurches. I laugh.

Our original congregation was about 25 souls..But very devout..met in the meeting hall.

Location hidden

#452529 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Jesus's own spoken and stated words--HE speaks of HIS CHURCH in Matthew and over 30 times in the New Testament. It has, from the beginning been, HIS ONLY ONE CHURCH and it was universal and it is referred to as Catholic as early as 060 by Ignatius in a documented letter. I never said that the word Catholic was ever mentioned in the bible. There is nothing in the bible that says every word MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. It is a history book that ended before Polycarp, Ignatius and other Saints of the Church were ever born. History didn't end with the bible. You bible only "fundies" have made up your own "modernistic rules" for your so-called "Christian History" which is nothing but a 21st century "myth"!! NOWHERE is the word bible in the bible either!!
Sorry, Jethro8 that you have so much trouble "swallowing the TRUTH". Take it with a glass of water and a TRUE CHURCH HISTORY BOOK and it will "go down easier'!!!
You should take your own advise...the word catholic means universal.Not the Catholic was universal....twisting the truth is never a good idea.3086

Location hidden

#452530 Jun 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramen!
I love Ramen! lol
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452531 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well June, I believe God is, that is a fact not a theory.
Do you believe the one and only god favors ONLY Muslims?

"NO" you say??? WHY??? Do you believe it's simply their theory ... or is it their fact?

If you can reason that out, then you can reason out why I don't believe any god favors you. It's simply your theory ... nothing more.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452532 Jun 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<twisting the truth is never a good idea.
Twisty theory is acceptable. Twisting theory and bragging it is based on truth is NOT acceptable ... or at least it shouldn't be acceptable.

Location hidden

#452533 Jun 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I love Ramen! lol
LOL~!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452534 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was not an atheist , he considered himself to be an agnostic.
It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

Albert Einstein
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452535 Jun 15, 2013
On the question of an afterlife Einstein stated to a Baptist pastor, "I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#452536 Jun 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you.
Prove your deity exists.
It isn't possible for a mere human being to prove that the Lord exists. And that is as it should be, because anything that could be proven by purely human means would not be proof of the Divine.

Since WE could not find God through our own efforts, He would have to reveal Himself. And this He did through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, Who is God Incarnate.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452537 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
By the way, Oxbow, "catholic"--small c--means "universal." In the hymnals the LCMS used to use, the word "catholic," small c, was used in the Apostles' Creed, with an asterisk after it, like so:
catholic*
Below the Creed, in small type, was a statement explaining that "catholic," small c, means universal and was not a reference to the Catholic Church. I found that funny then, and still do :)
They change their teaching to please as many of their members as possible. They do not tithe as the Bible teaches...so they do not want to "rock the boat"...members with deflated egos, hurt feelings do not give as much in the collection plate...

Now it is: I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#452538 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to meet.you ..That.Is one thing I do thank the Catholics for.
I grew up learning the mysteries trinity..virgin birth .
Never questioned them
After all if God is all powerful he would not operate in a manner we would begin to understand
He created everything down to the DNA..just Imagine what heaven looks like!!!
I was born again was,baptized in a Baptist church that was,so poor we got incorporated into another Baptist congregation in order to save our Church buildings. They had been a home church looking for a building
And ours had been rented out to a Brazilian church which left.
And we had a,Haitian church we gave space to.
They came just in time..God's grace is amazing
When I hear about rich megaxhurches. I laugh.
Our original congregation was about 25 souls..But very devout..met in the meeting hall.
Well said :)

I'm glad to meet you too :)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452539 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
He did not know because He was not God..as the Catholics on this form insist...
This false belief is debunked by their own pope approved Bible...their Catholic Encyclopedia...Their prayers....
Like everyone else, you have some things straight, but you are not 'all-knowing'.
Jesus IS God, just not all of God. He says what He hears the Father say, He does what He sees the Father do (He said so). But He is not 'the mind of God'.
He said that the Father kept this information for Himself, likely because it wouldn't pay for all to know it. Men have tried to change His plans before.
Rev. 14:14 John says that he saw One sitting on a cloud, like unto the Son of man. An angel comes out from the throne of God, and tells Him that it is time to reap earth's harvest. He had a sickle in His hand.
God has everything timed, but He doesn't spread all of the info around for everyone to toy with. Much of it He has told us already, but Jesus' job is to plant and water until the harvest is ready.
KayMarie
Tell me that this teaches Christ is God......

KJV
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Tell me you believe not the Catholic Bible:
NABre...
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, aking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452540 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't possible for a mere human being to prove that the Lord exists. And that is as it should be, because anything that could be proven by purely human means would not be proof of the Divine.
Since WE could not find God through our own efforts, He would have to reveal Himself. And this He did through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, Who is God Incarnate.
He reveals Himself also through His creation . The early names in science studies in order yo learn this
In the last century someone decided it was nit God at ALL
But a coincidental convergence of some sort..probably noisy ...which allowed us to crawl out if a primordial soup and over millions if years become through animal evolution the complex organisms we are.

What an amazingly obtuse thing to BELUEVE in..a,religion of sorts.

Anyway He also revealed Himself through the patriarchs and prophets.

And if we could see Him through other than our Spirits..it woukd not be faith..

And the focus if our belief is Jesus who laid down His life to give us this great gift grace.through which our faith is manifest

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452541 Jun 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I love Ramen! lol
Me too lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 985,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Doctor Trump 27,079
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 2 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 2 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 2 hr juliakk 9
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 4 hr Wake Up 2
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 5 hr Johnny 69
More from around the web