Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,659
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452221 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question presupposes that anyone assumes Salvation is assured in this lifetime.
That's not me, and "you KNOW it".
Better stick to poetry, June. Epic fail on the "incisive questions" segment of your program.
Have a good weekend.
Your going arrive at the end of your life only "hoping" you are saved just to find out you did not do enough good works to qualify a place in heaven. You are lost and in need of the real Savior....Jesus Christ.....not your works or taking sacraments. You can eat crackers until you choke and drink wine until you are drunk and that is all you will be. A choking drunk!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#452222 Jun 14, 2013
who="Dan"

My point stands.
The CC HAS actual ministerial authority, plus I don't go up and baptize myself or declare my own salvation.
You guys do that. "I believe", and that's it. The Apostles' teachings have to pass your "scrutiny", and you decide what God really meant yourself, thank you very much, but Rosez runs out "I believe" and that's done.

God is the One Who authorizes.
We don't baptize ourselves: A minister does that.
We don't just say, "I believe". I responded to a personal invitation from Jesus Himself to come to Him. Yes, I declare it, for John says in Revelations that 'they (Christians) overcame the devil, by the blood of the Lamb, AND THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY.'
The Apostles teaching does not have to pass our scrutiny...OUR teaching must agree with theirs.

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452223 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked and a KJV Bible at B&N has 1534 pages.
I'm not comfortable stating that Almighty God only knows enough to fill 1534 pages of text, minus indices and contents pages.
Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book.
You said, quote, "Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book." End quote.

You are a Roman Catholic and you confine Him to a cracker. Go figure.

#452224 Jun 14, 2013
who="Michael"
Then why do people today keep sinning?
They sin. They go to church. They sin. They go to church......enough already!
If people can quit smoking because it can kill you!, and others quit drinking alcohol because that too can kill you, why can't everyone stop sinning?
I can't remember the last time I committed any kind of sin. Must be years ago. Try it Dan.

Pride is sin...as is self righteousness.
KM
truth

Perth, Australia

#452225 Jun 14, 2013
eye for eye teeth for teeth tell your coruptt evil satanic court..bring them bubi girls as lovers under 12 age much more as well some boys under 12 too..as well bring them couple bags of drugs too..thats your justice police and ministers

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#452226 Jun 14, 2013
real creator words is not as you think
evil is evil
they will created more then evil
The Humble Hobo

Murfreesboro, TN

#452227 Jun 14, 2013
Hey, just stopping by to encourage you to keep those posts coming. You are soon to be the third most popular thread on Topix... EVER! CONGRATULATIONS!
Clay

United States

#452228 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And also to.....
Christianity is based on belief.....not proof as evidence presented in a Court of Law...
The words "belief" "believe" appear over 300 times in the NT...
Christ said to Thomas: Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Message...believers are blessed...unbelievers are not...
Where do you fall in this category?

I mean, you say you believe, yet you decided to leave His Church and devote an incredible amount
time trying to undermine it.
You've reversed countless teachings that Jesus Christ taught.
You've taken the NT and put your name on it by dictating the passages that the Apostles already taught once.
Come on dear Ox... how do you justify your theology?

Don't answer, I am not having any beers tonight and won't feel like conversing with the man they call Oxbow.
Clay

United States

#452229 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your going arrive at the end of your life only "hoping" you are saved just to find out you did not do enough good works to qualify a place in heaven. You are lost and in need of the real Savior....Jesus Christ.....not your works or taking sacraments. You can eat crackers until you choke and drink wine until you are drunk and that is all you will be. A choking drunk!
lol. You sound like a man who privately realizes his teachings on scripture are false, but is to old and stubborn to ever admit it for fear of being wrong.
Hey Old Jay Gee, its over man. This has been the most lopsided debate I've ever seen. You guys have been proven to be ridiculous ignorants. You should have never tried to get into this. Seriously, this ain't funny. You guys can't possibly really believe what you're saying anymore .. There's no way.

#452230 Jun 14, 2013
hojo wrote:

No Catholic is mocking anyone who believes in bible only --sola scriptura! We are merely "challenging" you "fundies to show us (in the bible) where God chose to transmit HIS inspired and infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE! I/we as Catholics all believe that the bible is Gods inspired word! However---Paul speaks of both the written and the oral (the unwritten tradition) in I Thess 2:13 when he teaches that the word of God comes to us orally, as well! Catholics do not believe in Sola Ecclesia. We believe in Sola Verbum Dei (the Word of God alone). This Word comes to us from Christ HIMSELF and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established in Matthew 16:13-21. FURTHERMORE this is all confirmed, verified and substantiated by Paul (again) in I Timothy 3:15 when Paul calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! You bible only "fundies" missed the (Church History) boat, some 1500 year ago, as well as the TRUE Interpretation of the bible, originated by the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD who gave us the Canon of Scripture. For you 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestant bible only beliefs, since the Reformation, the confusion and chaos just keeps getting more confused, more chaotic and more conflicting!!!

NitaM:
Just like the "low information voters" fundies are misguided and blind to the truth, which you loud and clear brilliantly tried to get across in your post. Good job, as I see clearly while others probably don't. Fundies, go figure to try and reason with unreasonable mindsets with the truth, which would clearly set them free.

Hojo says that no Catholic is mocking anyone who believes the Bible only...

Nita answers his post by calling 'fundies' "low information voters", who can't see clearly, while she can (she says). She says fundies have unreasonable mindsets.

So much for not mocking...

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452231 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah-Protestantism was the sand.
The Church is the rock.
First the Roman Catholics said Peter was the rock. Then the Roman Catholics said the "church" is the rock. When will they ever get to the true Rock? Jesus Christ.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452232 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You sound like a man who privately realizes his teachings on scripture are false, but is to old and stubborn to ever admit it for fear of being wrong.
Hey Old Jay Gee, its over man. This has been the most lopsided debate I've ever seen. You guys have been proven to be ridiculous ignorants. You should have never tried to get into this. Seriously, this ain't funny. You guys can't possibly really believe what you're saying anymore .. There's no way.
Cly, LOL....First of all, is what I am saying what you are understanding? I guess the best question would be....is there anything Biblical you actually do understand?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#452233 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
First the Roman Catholics said Peter was the rock. Then the Roman Catholics said the "church" is the rock. When will they ever get to the true Rock? Jesus Christ.
Amen

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#452234 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But for those who DO believe that others will burn in hell ... do you perceive that is a positive way for them to believe???
That was my question.
Thank you for clarifying.

Well, I can't answer for those individuals, but if they do have this belief, I will succumb to say to them,'Don't live in fear, live in love" - enjoy life, as you only have one.

And....give a toy to a child and really see the wonders of life.

There. Were my answers sufficient now?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#452235 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
The Bible is WHAT GOD SAYS
KayMarie
Prove that "God" said those words.
truth

Perth, Australia

#452236 Jun 14, 2013
paul saul is devil davle savle pavle

read better
in matrix is so long devil
Clay

United States

#452237 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Cly, LOL....First of all, is what I am saying what you are understanding? I guess the best question would be....is there anything Biblical you actually do understand?
Like I said, I don't think you really believe what you're saying anymore. If you're intelligent enough to go on the computer and form a sentence, then you're intelligent enough to see your argument has been completely debunked.
Ignorance is a disease.
truth

Perth, Australia

#452238 Jun 14, 2013
dont respect your aurhority any more
not any religion not any goverment

finishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#452240 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, I don't think you really believe what you're saying anymore. If you're intelligent enough to go on the computer and form a sentence, then you're intelligent enough to see your argument has been completely debunked.
Ignorance is a disease.
If ignorance is a disease...You need to dial 911 pronto...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#452241 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And while Old JG coukd be any age. Your assumption.That an advanced age makes him less credible is insulting.

if you believe in Christ as your personal Savior. God keep you.

If you believe the Catholic Church is your Saviour God help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Husband Wants Us To Swing (Feb '12) 7 min uawlarb 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 750,697
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 261,673
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Dave Nelson 229,999
Learning How a Binary Options Approach Operates 13 min markcdunnam649 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min WasteWater 4,775
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 24 min dr Shrink 27
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 8 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE