Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452503 Jun 15, 2013
The Roman Catholic Church is no doubt one of the most powerful organizations in the world with it’s power spanning across many continents. Although it is supposed to be a form of Christianity, there are many traditions and beliefs within the church that are not contained nor professed by Jesus in the New Testament of the Bible which is the foundation of Christian belief. Where does it then originate from? There are many interesting similarities between the Roman Catholic Church and The Roman Empire.

The title Pontificus Maximus was once given to Caeser, the ruler of the Roman Empire and it is also the title given to the Pope within the Roman Catholic Church. In the Roman Empire henotheistism was practiced. Henotheistism is the belief of many gods as well as the concept that one particular god rules over the other gods. The Catholic Church professes worship in their various saints as well as mother Mary in addition to their supreme god which is very Henotheistic in nature.

Mithraism was a popular religion in the Roman Empire that was replaced with Christianity by Emperor Constantine. One of the main rituals of Mithraism was a sacrificial meal, involving a sacrificial meal involving eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a bull to be granted salvation. It had had seven sacraments as well making it very similar to Roman Catholicism. Sol Invictus,“Invincible Sun” was the official sun god of the later Roman empire. It’s feast day or birthday was celebrated on December 25th. This is the day that the Roman Catholic Church has adopted as the birth of Christ.

Isis worship was very common during the Roman Empire and the belief in the concept of the mother of god. Many statues and temples were built during the Roman Empire for this purpose. The Roman Catholic Church has a strong ties to worshiping Mother Mary even though there is no reference in the New Testament of the bible nor by Jesus that Mary was to be worshiped.

The Emperor Constantine experienced a big victory in 312 at the Battle of Milvian Bridge, after which Constantine would claim the emperorship in the West. Constantine saw a cross of light in his dream before the battle. He then adopted this as the symbol for his newly adopted Roman Catholic church.

The similarities between the Roman Catholic Church and the Roman Empire shown above make it very hard to distinguish between the two. Is there no difference between them? Did the Roman Empire hide itself in the Roman Catholic Church to stave of extinction from the Empires that invaded and conquered them afterwards?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452504 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity
3 persons one God
How do they do I..No idea it's a mystery
I believe it through faith
Jesus Christ fully God fully man
And He will sit at the Right hand of the Father
Sorry I don't get your point ..
He died so that we may live in eternity with Him.
I don't pick things apart ..just know what I believe from scripture..
Do you disagree with this Catholic teaching:

From the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

Location hidden

#452505 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity
3 persons one God
The Father, Christ the Father, Christ the Son, the Holy Spirit....

Following your erroneous belief, how many persons do you see in the above?????

Location hidden

#452506 Jun 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Most people at first think Ox is a Christian. But like you, after a certain amount of time, we reach a similar conclusion. It is a rather surprising revelation, once he chooses to interpret that verse about Jesus not knowing the time of Judgment.
As to what heresy is involved, there are so many, that deny Jesus is either just a man, or just a God, it is hard to identify, his belief system. But it does smack of pride. Don't let it get you down.
He has yet to reveal his "church" affiliation. So I think most of us consider him at best not a Christian, at least in the orthodox sense of the word.
He has taken a very hard, obscure path for himself, in denial, and making it harder still; in telling all Catholics what they believe, and what Protestants(by proxy) do as well.
What is more interesting in "conversing" with him, one really finds the conversation is detached. And the harder people(like myself) try to converse the more isolated one feels, because nothing seems to get through....It is his definition.
Tell me what you are led to believe in the following:

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452507 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO NO DON'T BELIEVE IT NONE NOT AT ALL.
You were never truly grounded in the word of God , at any time.
You seem to find it impossible to believe that some of us catch on to the trickiness of theologians ... but we do.

The fact is, your favorite theologians are at odds with the favorite theologians of those in other religions and that ought to put up red flags in your mind.

But so hooked are you on that word salvation ... you are stuck in the middle of it, as though your feet and brain are made of cement.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452508 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
eternity means timeless.
Eternity concerning the universe is a theory. Einstein's theory was that past, present and future are one.

I suggest you pick the theory that pleases you, and know that it is ONLY a theory.

Religion is also theory ... not fact.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#452509 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity
3 persons one God
Well said :)

The Trinity is a mystery, for sure. When I finally stopped trying to comprehend how three Persons could be One God, EACH fully God, yet not three gods, but ONE God--it dawned on me that that we aren't MEANT to UNDERSTAND it, only to ACCEPT it. I've saved a lot of money on aspirin since then ;)

I'm a Christian of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS).
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#452510 Jun 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
And besides if pot wat that bad,why did god create it? if stiop read an learn the most dangerous drugs out there are man made drugs,like lsd,cocaine,morphine,heroine,a ll created by the nilitary to help aleave pain in the battle field.
There are a lot of people who use pot of medical reasons now, it can't be the same as they use on the streets unless people are growing themselves.
Which is illegal still is it not.
I can't even stand the smell of a cigarette any more, pot smells like some one is smoking their rotten socks.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452511 Jun 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't "sin" by being omniscient.
Try again.
If your deity "knew" his experiment was destined to fail, and continued with it, knowing the result, he surely "missed the mark". That is the definition of "sin".= an attribute if imperfection.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452512 Jun 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the most important part you gloss over of course, that Mary saw Jesus risen from the dead. Something quite unique in all of human history.
I was referring to the theology ... NOT the idea that the scenario actually occurred.

Catholics wrote that theology, and my guess is, they didn't think far enough ahead to realize that some day people might question the idea that if Mary uttered the word Rabboni to Jesus, that would equate to the idea that he was not associated in any way with Catholicism, but rather was a Jewish Rabbi through and through on earth AND in the hereafter.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#452513 Jun 15, 2013
By the way, Oxbow, "catholic"--small c--means "universal." In the hymnals the LCMS used to use, the word "catholic," small c, was used in the Apostles' Creed, with an asterisk after it, like so:

catholic*

Below the Creed, in small type, was a statement explaining that "catholic," small c, means universal and was not a reference to the Catholic Church. I found that funny then, and still do :)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452514 Jun 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Trying to build something here, I see June, but it falls apart.
Well, the most important part you gloss over of course, that Mary saw Jesus risen from the dead. Something quite unique in all of human history.
But of course your spin is that she considered Jesus a "good" Jew, by calling him Rabboni. Which is actually the emphatic form "Rabbi", with the suffix "oni". In essence it doesn't mean simply "Teacher", but rather "High Teacher". And is more or less reserved for someone in the Sanhedrin.
Obviously, Jesus was not in the Sanhedrin. And you assume that Mary meant either he was in the Sanhedrin, or "someone else", such as only a beloved teacher (""of Judaism"", which you inserted into the observation). Since you try to persuade the reader to assume with you that Jesus was just a teacher of Judaism, rather than being unique, having risen from the dead, you fall very short in your demonstration.
(Or the person you are quoting, which is the most likely case here.)
Are you so ignorant as to believe that the term Rabboni is Catholic???

You can't possibly BE that stupid.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Rabbi

The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452515 Jun 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a normal reaction when people first discover the truth.
Soon you will realize the importance of Him being boiled for your sins.
I will prey for you.
You are not taking this issue as serious as I would have hoped.

I can't face spaghetti and tomato sauce without thinking I am devouring the brains and the blood of the spaghetti monster.

I thought you would be more empathetic to my needs, but it's plain that I was wrong.

:)

Location hidden

#452516 Jun 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
People choose to disobey God which is not in their best interests since God is their Creator and knows what's best for them. Just like earthly parents love their children and know best for them. When a child disobeys their mom when she says "don't run out into the street" and the child runs out into the street and gets hit by a car, you couldn't say the mom sent the child out to get hit, or that the mom delighted in seeing that, or that the child's intent was to get hit.
Really?!

Just "who" allowed the snake in the garden in the first place?
A talking snake, deceiving two totally ignorant human beings.
Sounds like you have one hell of a sadistic deity ta me pardner!
Where was the love and protection of a caring parent in that deal?
Your deity should be charged with child endangerment!

Of you think this was cool, you are no better than your deity.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452517 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in telling kids there is a santa claus. It is a lie. Same as easter bunny.
They are as real to a child as your image of a god is to you. And they have the same amount of proof, as much literature of Santa Claus and his reindeer and elves and his workshop et cetera exists, just as does your bible and all the other supposed holy literature in all the other religions exist.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#452518 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternity concerning the universe is a theory. Einstein's theory was that past, present and future are one.
I suggest you pick the theory that pleases you, and know that it is ONLY a theory.
Religion is also theory ... not fact.
Well June, I believe God is, that is a fact not a theory.
, Einstein was not an atheist , he considered himself to be an agnostic. He lost his faith in a personal God early on in life.
It is not a theory neither one of you believe in the God of all creation. That is a fact.
I believe your both wrong.

Location hidden

#452519 Jun 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one Confrint. But ignorant I am not.
Truth is truth and you guys dodge around it way to much to be taken seriously.
So do you.

Prove your deity exists.

Location hidden

#452520 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to believing God and trusting His word you need to
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
If you want anyone to believe your deity, then you will need to prove this deity exists.
All else is nothing but hot air.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452521 Jun 15, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church makes tradition above or equal to Scripture, but in actuality many of its traditions actually stem from pagan sun worship. Its teachings, beliefs and practices come from Mithraism—a form of paganism that existed in Babylonian times.
These pagan practices are symbols of apostasy against God. Of this, the Twentieth.......... her adaptability to all races, all continents, all nations. In her liturgy and her art, in her tradition and the forming of her doctrine, naturally enough she includes Jewish elements, but also elements that are of pagan origin. In certain respects, she has copied her organization from that of the Roman Empire, has preserved and made fruitful the philosophical intuitions of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle, borrowed from both Barbarians and the Byzantine Roman Empire—but always remains herself, thoroughly digesting all elements drawn from external sources...In her laws, her ceremonies, her festivals and her devotions, she makes use of local customs after purifying them and "baptizing" them.
The four beasts of Daniel 7, representing the four successive world powers, took the religious rites and ceremonies from each preceding kingdom as it fell, so that Babylonian traditions continued through the ages. Rome, the final kingdom, still clings to these pagan traditions today.
The Papacy claims that its system of worship has been handed down through tradition. They are absolutely correct. But these are not the teachings of Jesus, but rather the traditions of Babylon.
Roman Catholic doctrines such as infant baptism, sprinkling during baptism, teachings on death and immortality, tonsured and celibate priests with power over the dead, prayers to the dead and to relics, repetitive prayers with the use of beads, doctrines on forgiveness of sins, teachings on hell, the mass, and Sunday worship are doctrines actually derived directly from ancient Babylon, not the Bible.
When Constantine married paganism and Christianity, the door was opened for false doctrines to creep into the early Christian Church, and they were gradually introduced into the system. The Church became divided into the Catholic Church who accepted the pagan doctrines, and the true Christian Church who resisted Constantine’s indoctrination.
Like the successive strata of the earth covering one another, so layer after layer of forgeries and fabrications was piled up in the Church.
The church historian Philip Schaff says, "No church or sect in Christendom ever sank so low as the Latin church in the tenth century."
Many of Rome's documents used to validate its authority and origin have been established as fakes. These unusable sources include The Donation of Constantine, which claim to establish the papal domain and jurisdiction, and The Decretals of Isidore, which were touted as establishing pontifical supremacy. According to J. A. Wylie's book The History of Protestantism, the Greeks reproachfully named the fledgling Roman Church as "the native home of inventions and falsifications of documents." These forgeries, nevertheless, succeeded in establishing Roman Catholic doctrines.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
There are actually 3videos. Different times in their history.
But thus group actually hid in the Alps and spread the scriptures outside the Church..around the time if Constantine. Then fir many years after. They became hunted down brutality. But some survived to carry on for quite a while
They would go around spreading the gospel.

Location hidden

#452522 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
Nah.

Just skip all the rhetoric and prove your deity actually exists.

That will save a lot of wasted time and space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 3 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 3 hr USSF 184
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
More from around the web