Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,141
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#452210 Jun 14, 2013
If there is a creator, it sure seems to be hard-pressed to relate any certain truth to humans.

Maybe the air-waves are over-loaded with too much interference.

As history proves, imagination can cause a whole lot of confusion.

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#452211 Jun 14, 2013
evil killers are killers
its your pride on evil satanic way

its not me
its your evil ministers evil judges evil police evil doctors and so onnnnnnnnn
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll
nothing to do with god

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452212 Jun 14, 2013
just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sola scriptura" means "bible alone, right?
So this "sola scriptura" concept must be somewhere in the Bible, right?
Where is this teaching, then? What book, chapter, and verse?
--------
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

thoroughly: completely

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#452213 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
Omniscient means to know everything. Only living beings can know anything at all, not inanimate objects. Is it now a belief that the Bible is a living being and knows everything like God can?

The Bible is WHAT GOD SAYS (don't YOU say what you know?)...not a living being. It knows nothing of itself.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#452214 Jun 14, 2013
evil killers is your evil develish satanic corupt friends..don't worry someone will find them for ever elimination very soon without any thinking
truth

Perth, Australia

#452215 Jun 14, 2013
satanic evil killers
truth

Perth, Australia

#452216 Jun 14, 2013
satanic evil kilers
truth

Perth, Australia

#452217 Jun 14, 2013
in matrix is satanic develish evil killersssssssssss
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll

nothing to do with god
truth

Perth, Australia

#452218 Jun 14, 2013
you are evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllll
remember that

nothing to do with Creator

evil is evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#452219 Jun 14, 2013
i will find my enemy..not will be place for them
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo
i know who they are

Location hidden

#452220 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why would a Christian even NEED to provide Proof for a Christian beleif in the authority of His Word.
Your catholic question is very similar to what satan asked in the garden, right Dan?
is this satanic attack isnt enough to you people tat in due time, the Vatican and all that hover around it will destroyed by th Word someday.
and we who loved the Lord will be pleased to see Jesus finally defeat His enemies
And also to.....

Christianity is based on belief.....not proof as evidence presented in a Court of Law...

The words "belief" "believe" appear over 300 times in the NT...

Christ said to Thomas: Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Message...believers are blessed...unbelievers are not...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452221 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question presupposes that anyone assumes Salvation is assured in this lifetime.
That's not me, and "you KNOW it".
Better stick to poetry, June. Epic fail on the "incisive questions" segment of your program.
Have a good weekend.
Your going arrive at the end of your life only "hoping" you are saved just to find out you did not do enough good works to qualify a place in heaven. You are lost and in need of the real Savior....Jesus Christ.....not your works or taking sacraments. You can eat crackers until you choke and drink wine until you are drunk and that is all you will be. A choking drunk!

#452222 Jun 14, 2013
who="Dan"

My point stands.
The CC HAS actual ministerial authority, plus I don't go up and baptize myself or declare my own salvation.
You guys do that. "I believe", and that's it. The Apostles' teachings have to pass your "scrutiny", and you decide what God really meant yourself, thank you very much, but Rosez runs out "I believe" and that's done.

God is the One Who authorizes.
We don't baptize ourselves: A minister does that.
We don't just say, "I believe". I responded to a personal invitation from Jesus Himself to come to Him. Yes, I declare it, for John says in Revelations that 'they (Christians) overcame the devil, by the blood of the Lamb, AND THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY.'
The Apostles teaching does not have to pass our scrutiny...OUR teaching must agree with theirs.

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452223 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked and a KJV Bible at B&N has 1534 pages.
I'm not comfortable stating that Almighty God only knows enough to fill 1534 pages of text, minus indices and contents pages.
Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book.
You said, quote, "Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book." End quote.

You are a Roman Catholic and you confine Him to a cracker. Go figure.

#452224 Jun 14, 2013
who="Michael"
Then why do people today keep sinning?
They sin. They go to church. They sin. They go to church......enough already!
If people can quit smoking because it can kill you!, and others quit drinking alcohol because that too can kill you, why can't everyone stop sinning?
I can't remember the last time I committed any kind of sin. Must be years ago. Try it Dan.

Pride is sin...as is self righteousness.
KM
truth

Perth, Australia

#452225 Jun 14, 2013
eye for eye teeth for teeth tell your coruptt evil satanic court..bring them bubi girls as lovers under 12 age much more as well some boys under 12 too..as well bring them couple bags of drugs too..thats your justice police and ministers

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#452226 Jun 14, 2013
real creator words is not as you think
evil is evil
they will created more then evil
The Humble Hobo

Murfreesboro, TN

#452227 Jun 14, 2013
Hey, just stopping by to encourage you to keep those posts coming. You are soon to be the third most popular thread on Topix... EVER! CONGRATULATIONS!
Clay

United States

#452228 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And also to.....
Christianity is based on belief.....not proof as evidence presented in a Court of Law...
The words "belief" "believe" appear over 300 times in the NT...
Christ said to Thomas: Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Message...believers are blessed...unbelievers are not...
Where do you fall in this category?

I mean, you say you believe, yet you decided to leave His Church and devote an incredible amount
time trying to undermine it.
You've reversed countless teachings that Jesus Christ taught.
You've taken the NT and put your name on it by dictating the passages that the Apostles already taught once.
Come on dear Ox... how do you justify your theology?

Don't answer, I am not having any beers tonight and won't feel like conversing with the man they call Oxbow.
Clay

United States

#452229 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your going arrive at the end of your life only "hoping" you are saved just to find out you did not do enough good works to qualify a place in heaven. You are lost and in need of the real Savior....Jesus Christ.....not your works or taking sacraments. You can eat crackers until you choke and drink wine until you are drunk and that is all you will be. A choking drunk!
lol. You sound like a man who privately realizes his teachings on scripture are false, but is to old and stubborn to ever admit it for fear of being wrong.
Hey Old Jay Gee, its over man. This has been the most lopsided debate I've ever seen. You guys have been proven to be ridiculous ignorants. You should have never tried to get into this. Seriously, this ain't funny. You guys can't possibly really believe what you're saying anymore .. There's no way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Johnny 4,839
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Lumajuice 777,420
Gay snapchat names 2 hr Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 2 hr vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 2 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 2 hr eragonlove321 213
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 605,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 265,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Lumajuice 441,807