Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,807)

Showing posts 436,121 - 436,140 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible contains all that God knows? I mean, it's a pretty big book and all, but.....
.......it's still a book. It's inanimate. It isn't sentient, let alone omniscient.
Are you in-sin-u-ate-ing that your ever so holy god left part of his truth to human imagination??? How dare you degrade his highness???

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

who="Just Sayin"
"given by inspiration" and "profitable" do not mean sufficient.
Definition of SUFFICIENT
1a : enough to meet the needs of a situation or a proposed end
Merriam-Webster
example -
The Bible by itself is not sufficient to provide the fullness of the Christian Faith.

The Bible revealed by the Spirit is all we need...
KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of thing is why I refused to be protestant anymore. I got tired of the freakin confusion, the whip lash, the nonsensical stances, the brain-straining cognitive dissonance, the feeling like I had to almost have alter egos, one for each mutually exclusive set of ideas I was supposed to believe.
Good comments! As a former Protestant (converting to the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ--in and through His One True Catholic Church), what I have discovered (for over 35 years as a bible only believer) that the entire emphasis of being a bible only Protestant is a total reliance on "attacking the TRUTH of over 1500 years of Catholic Apostolic Church History, particularly condemning and passing their personal opinionated judgement against Jesus Christ and His One True Universal Catholic Church. Protestantism cannot survive on its own without attacking the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH of the Catholic Church, its TRUTH of doctrine, principles,and teachings that are grounded in Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the mind-sets of many Christians, the god gave free will ... with the heavy-duty string attached that if we don't believe IN the god we will be forced by the plan of the same god to suffer the consequences.
What a lot of silly human double-talk.
Ridiculous.

Free will means what it says.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
The Bible is what GOD SAYS...Why wouldn't it say what He knows?
KayMarie
He doesn't have to bother with anything. You and Jimmy Swaggart take care of it all.

Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

who="Dan"
What I'm saying is that you and marge hold yourself less accountable to scripture than you hold the Apostles.
Both of you spent an entire day trying to explain to me that the Apostles' teachings (with Christ's direct authority) just HAD to be transcribed so "believers" such as yourselves could make sure the Apostles were correct. So you could check their work. So you could approve it as correct.
You two? Walk up to the front of your congregation, say "I believe and I'm saved" and that's it. All good. The Apostles require your audit, but you two slide.
You've got it all wrong. Believing...and talking about it...are two different things.
Besides, the CC's say, "somebody poured water on me when I was born, so I am saved, and I don't have to use scripture as my guide. Comments from people I never knew are all I need."
KayMarie
KM-

My point stands.

The CC HAS actual ministerial authority, plus I don't go up and baptize myself or declare my own salvation.

You guys do that. "I believe", and that's it. The Apostles' teachings have to pass your "scrutiny", and you decide what God really meant yourself, thank you very much, but Rosez runs out "I believe" and that's done.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

The only difference is that Jimmy Swaggart cries once in a while with his eyes pointed sky-ward, admitting that he "sinned."

You don't seem to have that humility, ability, or whatever it is, in your repertoire.

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

where is your drahma
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
monkey kinge konge languange=kiss hand of your master for disaster

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 15:5
Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
so why don't you? of several of us on here ONLY YOU had to make some stupid comment. and if you don't remember, I do.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in-sin-u-ate-ing that your ever so holy god left part of his truth to human imagination??? How dare you degrade his highness???
In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......
THE BIBLE
I don't use the KJV.

I'm hardly surprised a protestant Bible would have that.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

who="Just Sayin"
"given by inspiration" and "profitable" do not mean sufficient.
Definition of SUFFICIENT
1a : enough to meet the needs of a situation or a proposed end
Merriam-Webster
example -
The Bible by itself is not sufficient to provide the fullness of the Christian Faith.
The Bible revealed by the Spirit is all we need...
KayMarie
.......which isn't in the Bible. JS's point.

The Bible (all you need) doesn't tell you that it's all you need.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous.
Free will means what it says.
Yes it does. It means "I cut the strings on my gift to you, and you are free to go and do as you please."

If I gave you a parcel of land, and signed the papers that it was a gift ... and then added that I someday wanted money FOR that land ... would you tell me that what I gave you was a gift ... or you tell me that I was a double-dealer???

I suggest you be honest with your self.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the Bible is Omniscient? I thought that was a capacity only God had.
try reading the Bible.

in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word(Bible) was God.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use the KJV.
I'm hardly surprised a protestant Bible would have that.
Don't pretend that Catholics don't believe they know the mind of the god, when they self-righteously preach that they do.

It's not nice to lie just to try to defend the image of your church.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE
I looked and a KJV Bible at B&N has 1534 pages.

I'm not comfortable stating that Almighty God only knows enough to fill 1534 pages of text, minus indices and contents pages.

Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

No creator ever asked me if I wanted to be created, or if I wanted to suffer. I would have said "NO thank you" to both offers.

To sleep isn't bad at all!!!
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible.
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word(Bible) was God.
An inanimate object is all-knowing. It isn't self-aware (as it's inanimate), yet it's all-knowing.

This is your position?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

o.11
pio 11
1 4 7
https://www.google.com.au/search...

two lovely heart ine re-mind
1/3 humanity will gone for ever
1/3 save but not for so long will be gone
1/3 maybe save not for sure

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 436,121 - 436,140 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

631 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min eternalrock 716,315
Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' 8 min Xavier Breath 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min CunningLinguist 223,135
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min HipGnozizzz 171,431
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min RFD 1,398
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Rider on the Storm 598,726
Which is the Best SAP ABAP institute in hyderab... (Nov '12) 15 min satyam 28
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min Charlie Sheen 255,652
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••