Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
436,041 - 436,060 of 538,438 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"given by inspiration" and "profitable" do not mean sufficient.
Definition of SUFFICIENT
1a : enough to meet the needs of a situation or a proposed end
Merriam-Webster
example -
The Bible by itself is not sufficient to provide the fullness of the Christian Faith.
prof·it·a·ble

/&#712;präfit&#601;b &#601;l/

Adjective
1.(of a business or activity) Yielding profit or financial gain.
2.Beneficial; useful.

The Bible assuredly IS useful and beneficial. It isn't "sufficient".

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the opposite is true for me. concerning Jesus to be quite simple as was,His message
He us the Way the truth and the Light
Salvation is through HIM and Him alone
CONFESS with your mouth and believe. HE died for and became sin for
us
Paid our debt in full as only the Unblemished Lamb could
He rose from the dead conqueiing death
All the rituals,and other dogmas are,extran
I guess that's all that remains of Christianity when you try to separate Jesus from His Church and then impose the notion that all one has to do is say the sinner's prayer and kind of try to be a good person and all is well.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

The man who thought the emperor would be pleased with his brazen bull, was surprised when the emperor made him the first victim of his own invention.

Supposedly the emperor was also surprised when he was later put to death in the same brazen bull.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Brazen Bull (Torture)

The brazen bull is an executionary device first invented in Ancient Greece.

Its inventor, Perillos of Athens, proposed to Phalaris; a tyrant, the need of a more painful way to kill criminals. This was done hoping to disuade the poor population from committing any more crimes.

As the story goes, when Perillos finished the brazen bull, Phalaris asked Perillos to try it out by himself. He then ordered him locked inside the brazen bull and set a fire underneath it. He was very pleased with the results. Being burned alive was a very exciting act to watch.

When a victim is placed inside the brazen bull, he or she is slowly burned to death. This device gradually became more sophisticated until the Greek invented a complex system of tubes in order to make the victim's screams sound like an infuriated ox.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and for you catholics that don't believe the Word of God.
this is aclincher.lol
After that, he was seen of Iames, then of all the Apostles.
this is the half brother off Jesus, the incident that caused His Brothers to fully believ in Him(getting Blesssed by His Spirit a I write this, let God be true)to full believe in Him
You're getting blessed by the spirits alright, I've seen you type neater than this.
lol

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking me what purpose is there "now" for a devil implies that there once was a purpose for a devil.
The devil/Satan is a personification of evil/sin/the loss of God. Estrangement from God is a bad thing now as it always has been.
And why do you suppose a god that supposedly "hates" evil would allow a devil to tempt humans to perform wicked deeds?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

https://www.google.com.au/search...
tange lange language kinge konge language slama lama

Why lama is scare?pare or else
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why people would wish to mock others who believe the Bible is Gods Holy Word is beyond me, this is something that only satan would use against the Christian. It certainly is not Godly in its purpose, that is for sure.
Nobody is saying the Bible is not God's Holy Word. And how can you take a simple question and decide you are being mocked? My question was/is sincere.

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Myth or legend?

Some have labelled the story of the bull as pure invention.

http://www.perillos.com/brazenbull.html
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting blessed by the spirits alright, I've seen you type neater than this.
lol
"blessed by the spirits".

LOL
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"given by inspiration" and "profitable" do not mean sufficient.
Definition of SUFFICIENT
1a : enough to meet the needs of a situation or a proposed end
Merriam-Webster
example -
The Bible by itself is not sufficient to provide the fullness of the Christian Faith.
What do, perfect and thoroughly furnished, mean to you?

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Christians that preach are very "cagey."

You preach and preach at others warning of the perils of hell, but when asked if you believe that YOU will be cast out of the god's "favor" you immediately feign humility in the attitude that only God knows who will go to hell and who will go to heaven.

If that is true ... why are you preaching???

That means my chances of being a favorite of a god are just as GOOD as are yours.

Silly people!!!
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You welcome the image of a devil into your mind and believe you have foisted it off on others. But what you wish on others may have already festered IN you.
I don't believe in a god that favors me, or a devil that favors others. I refuse to fall into your pattern of thought.
I don't believe in a god that favors certain people. God loves all people.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

strawe strave=strah scare=mask strave=slamka s lam ka lame slame= brave=sheep 12 mounths old brave= bravo
lame slame=emalsemal e mail jema sema jame same samuel jema jemas
o really
http://biblehub.com/matthew/6-30.htm
see 63=6;30 0n o'clock

what a about 8=H
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What do, perfect and thoroughly furnished, mean to you?
......in the passage, it's describing the man of God, not scripture.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
The man who thought the emperor would be pleased with his brazen bull, was surprised when the emperor made him the first victim of his own invention.
Supposedly the emperor was also surprised when he was later put to death in the same brazen bull.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
The Brazen Bull (Torture)
The brazen bull is an executionary device first invented in Ancient Greece.
Its inventor, Perillos of Athens, proposed to Phalaris; a tyrant, the need of a more painful way to kill criminals. This was done hoping to disuade the poor population from committing any more crimes.
As the story goes, when Perillos finished the brazen bull, Phalaris asked Perillos to try it out by himself. He then ordered him locked inside the brazen bull and set a fire underneath it. He was very pleased with the results. Being burned alive was a very exciting act to watch.
When a victim is placed inside the brazen bull, he or she is slowly burned to death. This device gradually became more sophisticated until the Greek invented a complex system of tubes in order to make the victim's screams sound like an infuriated ox.
you think watching a person being burned to death is exciting .
your sick June

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Why ... except to feed your own greed ... would you believe your own "god" is real and that the gods and goddesses of others are false?

WHY???

If you dare ask your selves that simple question ... you will have your answer ... immediately.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

slame lame
posto bala slamemesala masalapamukkumal
you liked marko sunce zarko
sunce s=$unce=gold ja vole june junce=vol=cow=moses
number 7=jesus fall 3x under cross
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians that preach are very "cagey."
You preach and preach at others warning of the perils of hell, but when asked if you believe that YOU will be cast out of the god's "favor" you immediately feign humility in the attitude that only God knows who will go to hell and who will go to heaven.
If that is true ... why are you preaching???
That means my chances of being a favorite of a god are just as GOOD as are yours.
Silly people!!!
Who's preaching?

Not I.

I sent the Catechism's teaching on Hell.

I didn't assign anyone to Hell. Not my job.

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in a god that favors certain people. God loves all people.
Why is there a hell and a devil in existence if the all powerful god loves everybody?

If you don't face the stupidity of the words of theologians, you will not expose their lies, and that means that you are "choosing" to carry on ... infested with the same lies.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

who="Just Sayin"
That would all be nice and fluffy and stuff except for the fact that the Reformation promulgated lies at the expense of the truth and has put millions of souls in jeapordy.
There can not be 43,000 different truths.
However, God does take horrible events such as the Reformation and make good come of it. It was not, imo, what He had in mind when He prayed that His Church be ONE, as He and the Father are ONE.
I don't think Martin Luther came along and convinced God that it was a good thing to SHATTER His Church into 43,000 shards.

Let me remind you that the Catholic church was involved in the first known split, when they and the Orthodox saw things differently. Or perhaps there was a power struggle between some of their 'leaders'.

SO...churches still split for the same reasons, but the CC is just as 'guilty' as any of the others.

Martin Luther was far from the first. I'm sure there were many through the years...they just didn't have newpapers or internet.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min KiMare 226,082
Can U Sell Someone Else 2 The Devil? 7 min PDX Dave 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Pegasus 257,613
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 11 min Dubai Massage 05... 97
Dear Mr. Fantasy 15 min pusherman_ 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min bmz 36,729
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Remnant of 144000 38,614
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min WSH 732,270
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Holy dr Shrink 599,709
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 173,230

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••