Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,955
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#451985 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah-Protestantism was the sand.
The Church is the rock.
No. Jesus is the Rock, and she(he) never knew Him which is why she now belongs to you people, and thank God, we need no malingers such as you people to drag His Holy name thru the mud
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451986 Jun 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the opposite is true for me. concerning Jesus to be quite simple as was,His message
He us the Way the truth and the Light
Salvation is through HIM and Him alone
CONFESS with your mouth and believe. HE died for and became sin for
us
Paid our debt in full as only the Unblemished Lamb could
He rose from the dead conqueiing death
All the rituals,and other dogmas are,extran
You guys crack me up.

Here's the 'brain-straining cognitive dissonance' JS speaks of:

When you all "confess with your mouth", that's it, good to go, no question. You're saved.

When the Apostles confessed with the direct authority of Christ, they, on the other hand, had to write it down so you all could check it out yourselves.

Why don't you all hold yourselves to the same standard you'd hold the Apostles to and write down your "confession"?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#451987 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Divorce doesn't place one in a state of grave, unrepentant sin.
Divorce and remarriage without an annulment precludes you from Communion (in the strict construct of Canon Law).
Plus, the priest would have to KNOW that you're divorced and remarried sans annulment in order for him to even begin to consider withholding of the sacrament. BTW, the communicant situated as described is the one who has primary responsibility to abstain from presenting themselves for Communion, not the priest to withhold it.
Do catholics fast on wednesdays and fridiays before getting communion on sundays?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451988 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why people would wish to mock others who believe the Bible is Gods Holy Word is beyond me, this is something that only satan would use against the Christian. It certainly is not Godly in its purpose, that is for sure.
So, it's now "mockery" to ask a minister (GIF) to supply the Biblical basis for Sola Scriptura?

Wow.

Location hidden

#451989 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't change a thing. I just read it and comprehend it.
No one thinks that 1:15-26 doesn't describe a separate event.
OK, then give me ONE Christian Commentator who believes as you do.

since verse 15 says"during this time"
what time? the awaiting for the Holy Ghost to come.
marge

Ames, IA

#451990 Jun 14, 2013
Romans 15:4

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
marge

Ames, IA

#451991 Jun 14, 2013
Those who would learn the things of God, and be assured of them, must know the Holy Scriptures, for they are the Divine revelation.

The age of children is the age to learn; and those who would get true learning, must get it out of the Scriptures.

They must not lie by us neglected, seldom or never looked into.

The Bible is a sure guide to eternal life.

The prophets and apostles did not speak from themselves, but delivered what they received of God, 2Pe 1:21.

It is profitable for all purposes of the Christian life.

It is of use to all, for all need to be taught, corrected, and reproved.

There is something in the Scriptures suitable for every case.

Oh that we may love our Bibles more, and keep closer to them! then shall we find benefit, and at last gain the happiness therein promised by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the main subject of both Testaments.
We best oppose error by promoting a solid knowledge of the word of truth; and the greatest kindness we can do to children, is to make them early to know the Bible.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451992 Jun 14, 2013
why wicket try boroving time and history and money..
see word curse

you liked gold money and so on..moses say to them about gold and money

satanic altar is been in turkey germany 3000 years ago india altar horn of wind=devil..see
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
which church you try put everything

now
What you see on Cross=INRI why?
What yoou see on euharistic IHS why?

now you liked curse ga gaaaaa grakalo gavrane ga vraneeee
seeeeeeeee
herod and elija
Holy Ilija
see curse

hello hot=vruce =boil vruce=ogrij seeeeee
where
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ogrij se zima mi je pokrij me
o grijota je stati blizu pod ogrtacem..see

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#451993 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
because you are actually damaging your brain when you dwell on a hateful, sadistic, arbitrary god.
You welcome the image of a devil into your mind and believe you have foisted it off on others. But what you wish on others may have already festered IN you.

I don't believe in a god that favors me, or a devil that favors others. I refuse to fall into your pattern of thought.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451994 Jun 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not hail from any denomination, because Jesus who is my leader came preaching the Kingdom of Heaven not a denomination.
Christ Church is Gods People; not catholic, protestant or other wise.
We were call Followers of The Way, Jesus being The Way.
The Bible God's written word!!!! was God breathed and is, was, and will always be the authority on earth that we; "THE TRUE CHURCH OF THE WAY FOLLOW' "JESUS BEING THE ONLY TRUE WAY; TO THE KINFDOM OF GOD."
YOU WILL NOT GET IN ANY OTHER WAY.
PRAYING TO MARY, PRAYING TO DEAD SAINTS, WILL BENEFIT YOU NOTHING YOUR PRAYING TO THIN AIR.
THE ONLY ONE YOU ARE TO PRAY TO IS GOD THE FATHER; IN THE NAME OF JESUS .
John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I DON'T SEE MARY'S NAME THERE, "JUST SAYING"
Mary's prayers to God can not be refused. I will ask her to pray for me. You choose to not avail yourself of this tremendous blessing. Just you-n-Jesus, right? You said the magic Jesus words, so you've got heaven in the bag.

Anyway, so what you are saying is that there is no way to distinguish with certainty who is a "true believer", who belongs to "the church"? It's just a hodge podge collection from all different religions?
Then why didn't *they* write the NT and compile the Bible?
Why did the Catholic Church write it, and why do you stand there denigrating the CC while clutching the Bible to your chest?

Don't you think you are being a bit inconsistant?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451995 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE LOGIC OR WHAT MAKES SENSE TO YOU CARNALLY
MINDED IDOLATERS...YOUR ASSUMPTIONS OR PRESUMPTIONS
WHAT I AM INTERESTED IS TRUTH...
Jesus said
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
I have been made free by the BLOOD OF JESUS ...
I BELIEVE ..
ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THE LORD LAID UPON HIM THE SINS OF ALL THAT WILL
REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL...
I DON'T NEED YOUR MOUNTAIN OF CONJECTURE. AND CALISTHENICS
I RESIST IT WITH ALL THAT IS WITHIN ME.
JESUS IS SALVATION..
Luk_1:69 And hath raised up an horn of "salvation" for us in the house of his servant David;
"SALVATION"... DEFINED OM GREEK
G4991
&#963;&#969;&#964; &#951;&#961;&#953; &#769;&#945;
so&#772;te&#772;ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally):- deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.
SALVATION
DEFINED IN HEBREW...
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT MY SALVATION
never has bee ...never will be.
So you are saying that truth has nothing to do with logic, and by extension, that God is an illogical God?
marge

Ames, IA

#451996 Jun 14, 2013
15And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Location hidden

#451997 Jun 14, 2013
look closely at the 15th verse, we find that Peter [stood up] and began to speak, not a sign of primacy back in those days.as Dan well knows, right Dan. and lets compare that with jesus when He spoke at a synagogue.

luke chapter 4 reads.

And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

notice the difference between our Leader and that of Peter. Peter stands up yet Jesus sat down.

that was how Authority worked in those days.

but you knew that, right Dan? lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451998 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, then give me ONE Christian Commentator who believes as you do.
since verse 15 says"during this time"
what time? the awaiting for the Holy Ghost to come.
Matthew Henry (GIF's a member of his fan club) apportions Acts 1 as I do. V. 12-14 as one unit, V. 15-26 as one unit.

http://www.christnotes.org/commentary.php...

This dude does likewise:

http://ncbible.org/resources/actscomm01.html

V 12-14 he places at John mark Mother's house. Maybe a nice place, but no room for 120 people.

V 15-26 he indicates Peter speaking to a gathering. Not the collection present in V. 12-14.

This person frames "In those days"

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/p...

15. And in those days. The interval of ten days. Were about a hundred and twenty. This was the number of disciples at Jerusalem, but not all who were then disciples.

Is this enough?

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451999 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologically stating ... it is NOT free. If people refuse to believe in Jesus, Jesus will stomp them in hell under his holy feet.
A free gift expects NOTHING in return ... NO strings attached whatsoever.
See that is exactly what I am talking about. You have a distorted view of God. You would be a lot healthier if you started thinking differently.
marge

Ames, IA

#452000 Jun 14, 2013
Witness of the Scripture
45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom you trust. 46For had you believed Moses, you would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47But if you believe not his writings, how shall you believe my words?

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#452001 Jun 14, 2013
This young man believed that if he drank the blood of another human, he (as a vampire) would have eternal life.

The judge's words in the case were, ""You hoped for immortality but all you have achieved is the brutal ending of another person's life and the bringing of a life sentence upon yourself."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Teenager guilty of pensioner's 'vampire ritual' killing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13136...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452002 Jun 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Do catholics fast on wednesdays and fridiays before getting communion on sundays?
No.

We fast and abstain on various days and during Lent, but not on Wed and Fri for Communion.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#452003 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys crack me up.
Here's the 'brain-straining cognitive dissonance' JS speaks of:
When you all "confess with your mouth", that's it, good to go, no question. You're saved.
When the Apostles confessed with the direct authority of Christ, they, on the other hand, had to write it down so you all could check it out yourselves.
Why don't you all hold yourselves to the same standard you'd hold the Apostles to and write down your "confession"?
Well one I am not an author of the bible

Two I accepted Jesus as Lord and was baptized as an adult and in that church they had us write a witness..But that part was not necessary for salvation ..heart and soul connecting to Jesus is necessary

It is only through HIM we are saved ..Nit through any Saint..Nit through the CC or the Baptists..THROUGH..Jesus.

No connotrtions necessary. HE MADE THE SACRIFICE..NO ONE ELSE.

Three actually I am writing here.

The gospels DO NOT say people have to write it down down if they are saved.

We say the scripture was written or where did the CHUFCH get it from to compile it..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452004 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
look closely at the 15th verse, we find that Peter [stood up] and began to speak, not a sign of primacy back in those days.as Dan well knows, right Dan. and lets compare that with jesus when He spoke at a synagogue.
luke chapter 4 reads.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
notice the difference between our Leader and that of Peter. Peter stands up yet Jesus sat down.
that was how Authority worked in those days.
but you knew that, right Dan? lol
LOL.

V 15 presents Peter standing up to speak in front of a large gathering of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Aura Mytha 764,926
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min MUQ2 37,651
What Obama will buy in the Black Friday !! 21 min Mick- 2
Moses never existed 1 hr Dr Wu 561
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 603,644
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,413
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Remnant of 144000 39,157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Roberta G 175,047
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 263,529
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr zafar 1,183

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE