Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603170 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451967 Jun 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a simple as this.
The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.
GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.
He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.
GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.
Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.
Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.
He allowed this country to become a shining city .
He allowed for Vatican 2
He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.
And for good relations with Israel
And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles
GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)
And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.
But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.
GOD ALLOWED all of this.
I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.
Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved
We believe in the Bible as the way.
Maybe for each time in history it was through both .
So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.
Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.
AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish
Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.
GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.
GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.AND TO COMPILE THE SCRIPTURE
We needed each other.to do His will.
And it is folly to believe differently. Imo
If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.
But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows
And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.
That would all be nice and fluffy and stuff except for the fact that the Reformation promulgated lies at the expense of the truth and has put millions of souls in jeapordy.
There can not be 43,000 different truths.

However, God does take horrible events such as the Reformation and make good come of it. It was not, imo, what He had in mind when He prayed that His Church be ONE, as He and the Father are ONE.
I don't think Martin Luther came along and convinced God that it was a good thing to SHATTER His Church into 43,000 shards.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451968 Jun 14, 2013
Satanic and wicket accusers with false document and attackers with snake toung and judges as draconian head as well wolf in skin of humans can't be trutfull justice less value of any documents from them.

I am whom I am,,
Asked yourself what you see on CROSS=INRI

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#451969 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, "dodging the question with the word"-
Can she get a straight answer from you or what?
just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sola scriptura" means "bible alone, right?
So this "sola scriptura" concept must be somewhere in the Bible, right?
Where is this teaching, then? What book, chapter, and verse?

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#451970 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
look, that is abeleif hat ALL Christians have. we eleive the Bible is ALL TELLING, ALL KNOWING. IF YOU CATHOLICS DONT, THEN YOU FAIL TO UNDRSTAND GOD PLAN TO GIVE IT TO US.

AND PLEASE, WE ARE NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO THANK THAT THE RCC GAVE IT TO U. YOU CAME ALONG MUCH LATER WWHEN YOU CHOSE TO DISBELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS WORD.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451971 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of thing is why I refused to be protestant anymore. I got tired of the freakin confusion, the whip lash, the nonsensical stances, the brain-straining cognitive dissonance, the feeling like I had to almost have alter egos, one for each mutually exclusive set of ideas I was supposed to believe.
"whiplash", "brain-straining cognitive dissonance"

Outstanding.

Location hidden

#451972 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
This kind of thing is why I refused to be protestant anymore. I got tired of the freakin confusion, the whip lash, the nonsensical stances, the brain-straining cognitive dissonance, the feeling like I had to almost have alter egos, one for each mutually exclusive set of ideas I was supposed to believe.
Out of the frying pan into the fire, huh?
KM
The Word was given to her but her foundation was on sinking sand.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451973 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong again Dan. this is ALL ONE EPISODE THAT LUKE IS TELLING. GEESH,
and verse 14 also speaks of the [brothers] of Jesus who now believe and are with their Mary.lol
14) These men continued in united prayer [for the kingdom to come? See 1:6; Matt. 6:10] along with [certain] women, Mary the mother of Jesus and His [half-] brothers.
I PRAISE GOD THAT HIS WORDS SHOWS HOW EVIL THAT YOU CATHOLICS HAVE BECOME TO TRY AND CHANGE HIS HOLY WORD
Didn't change a thing. I just read it and comprehend it.

No one thinks that 1:15-26 doesn't describe a separate event.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451974 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
SUPPOSE YOUR
1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh
you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Another dodge for "twisting in the wind with the word".
marge

Ames, IA

#451975 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451976 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Nope.

Try again.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#451977 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And the opposite is true for me. concerning Jesus to be quite simple as was,His message

He us the Way the truth and the Light

Salvation is through HIM and Him alone

CONFESS with your mouth and believe. HE died for and became sin for
us

Paid our debt in full as only the Unblemished Lamb could

He rose from the dead conqueiing death

All the rituals,and other dogmas are,extran
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451978 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>The Word was given to her but her foundation was on sinking sand.
Yeah-Protestantism was the sand.

The Church is the rock.

Location hidden

#451979 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong again Dan. this is ALL ONE EPISODE THAT LUKE IS TELLING. GEESH,
and verse 14 also speaks of the [brothers] of Jesus who now believe and are with their Mary.lol
14) These men continued in united prayer [for the kingdom to come? See 1:6; Matt. 6:10] along with [certain] women, Mary the mother of Jesus and His [half-] brothers.
I PRAISE GOD THAT HIS WORDS SHOWS HOW EVIL THAT YOU CATHOLICS HAVE BECOME TO TRY AND CHANGE HIS HOLY WORD
and for you catholics that don't believe the Word of God.

this is aclincher.lol

After that, he was seen of Iames, then of all the Apostles.

this is the half brother off Jesus, the incident that caused His Brothers to fully believ in Him(getting Blesssed by His Spirit a I write this, let God be true)to full believe in Him

Location hidden

#451980 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't change a thing. I just read it and comprehend it.
No one thinks that 1:15-26 doesn't describe a separate event.
no problem Dan. there is an old adage.

and I bleive it since I have known you.lol

you can lead a jackxxx to water but you cant make him believe.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451981 Jun 14, 2013
Saint Ilija and irudica.
see why catholic and ortodox liked Holy Ilija..
hello vruca ilkina je kuca..

20/7=twenty julay holy Ilija
20x

Location hidden

#451982 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
why people would wish to mock others who believe the Bible is Gods Holy Word is beyond me, this is something that only satan would use against the Christian. It certainly is not Godly in its purpose, that is for sure.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451983 Jun 14, 2013
elija and herod
20x
truth

Perth, Australia

#451984 Jun 14, 2013
read about curse 20x
elija and herod

Location hidden

#451985 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah-Protestantism was the sand.
The Church is the rock.
No. Jesus is the Rock, and she(he) never knew Him which is why she now belongs to you people, and thank God, we need no malingers such as you people to drag His Holy name thru the mud
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451986 Jun 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the opposite is true for me. concerning Jesus to be quite simple as was,His message
He us the Way the truth and the Light
Salvation is through HIM and Him alone
CONFESS with your mouth and believe. HE died for and became sin for
us
Paid our debt in full as only the Unblemished Lamb could
He rose from the dead conqueiing death
All the rituals,and other dogmas are,extran
You guys crack me up.

Here's the 'brain-straining cognitive dissonance' JS speaks of:

When you all "confess with your mouth", that's it, good to go, no question. You're saved.

When the Apostles confessed with the direct authority of Christ, they, on the other hand, had to write it down so you all could check it out yourselves.

Why don't you all hold yourselves to the same standard you'd hold the Apostles to and write down your "confession"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 8 min Johnny 65
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min River Tam 878,054
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 19 min USaWorldWarmongerer 435
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 21 min Johnny 151
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min USaWorldWarmongerer 177,848
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min MUQ2 41,130
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,613
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 7,967
More from around the web