Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646330 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452127 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch this crafty preacher in action.
Do you have faith that you will be saved while others will be doomed to a life without God's blessings???
I don't believe that my salvation is a sure thing, a done deal until I get to heaven, which I hope to, but I realize that if I am not careful, I could end up in a state which would land me in hell. Unfortunately, more people will end up in hell than in heaven. That's the bald truth of it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#452128 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
Search the Scriptures. No where in it is the sinner's prayer. No where in it is the "sola scriptura" concept. No where in it does it say that God prayed for His Church to have 42,000 different squabbling splinter groups hanging off Her sides, jabbing at her with their tiny little toothpick-like weapons, banging their Bibles (which She gave them) at Her and calling her horrible names.
Nowhere.

Two men went into the temple. One thanked God that he was not like 'that sinner'. He boasted of himself.

The sinner prayed the Sinners' Prayer: GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME, A SINNER.

Jesus said that the man who prayed the sinners prayer was justified.

KayMarie
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452130 Jun 14, 2013
segregate set gregeeeeeee grego6

seeee alecpalec

#452131 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
So now the Bible is Omniscient? I thought that was a capacity only God had.

The Bible is what GOD SAYS...Why wouldn't it say what He knows?

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452132 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Orthodox Church still recognized Church hierarchy as did the CC. There was no such thing as "Bible Alone" until Luther, 1500 years into the deal. That's when the splintering really took off. Now you have "christians" who don't believe Jesus was God, don't believe Jesus' 2 natures were/are inseparable, don't believe that Jesus instituted the Eucharist, don't believe that any other person has spiritual authority over them, don't believe that you even have to attend a church, don't believe in the communion of saints...etc.. and you have "christians" who believe Mary was just an incubator, who believe that God wants them to be rich, and this newest belief someone posted just today, who believes that the Bible is Omniscient.
Pop "christianity" today looking less and less like Christianity, true to it's method of birth: protest. That's at the heart of it. Protest. It must continue to protest even if is in protesting itself. Which it does.
Frame that one.

Great post.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452133 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't CHOOSE to burn in hell. That is not free will ... period.
And if a god created Adam and Eve, he created a hell of suffering on earth ... never mind all that nonsense about a hell in a hereafter.
It's all very silly stuff in deed!
People choose to disobey God which is not in their best interests since God is their Creator and knows what's best for them. Just like earthly parents love their children and know best for them. When a child disobeys their mom when she says "don't run out into the street" and the child runs out into the street and gets hit by a car, you couldn't say the mom sent the child out to get hit, or that the mom delighted in seeing that, or that the child's intent was to get hit.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452134 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why people would wish to mock others who believe the Bible is Gods Holy Word is beyond me, this is something that only satan would use against the Christian. It certainly is not Godly in its purpose, that is for sure.
No Catholic is mocking anyone who believes in bible only --sola scriptura! We are merely "challenging" you "fundies to show us (in the bible) where God chose to transmit HIS inspired and infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE! I/we as Catholics all believe that the bible is Gods inspired word! However---Paul speaks of both the written and the oral (the unwritten tradition) in I Thess 2:13 when he teaches that the word of God comes to us orally, as well! Catholics do not believe in Sola Ecclesia. We believe in Sola Verbum Dei (the Word of God alone). This Word comes to us from Christ HIMSELF and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established in Matthew 16:13-21. FURTHERMORE this is all confirmed, verified and substantiated by Paul (again) in I Timothy 3:15 when Paul calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! You bible only "fundies" missed the (Church History) boat, some 1500 year ago, as well as the TRUE Interpretation of the bible, originated by the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD who gave us the Canon of Scripture. For you 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestant bible only beliefs, since the Reformation, the confusion and chaos just keeps getting more confused, more chaotic and more conflicting!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452135 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
KayMarie
The Bible contains all that God knows? I mean, it's a pretty big book and all, but.....

.......it's still a book. It's inanimate. It isn't sentient, let alone omniscient.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452136 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
Search the Scriptures. No where in it is the sinner's prayer. No where in it is the "sola scriptura" concept. No where in it does it say that God prayed for His Church to have 42,000 different squabbling splinter groups hanging off Her sides, jabbing at her with their tiny little toothpick-like weapons, banging their Bibles (which She gave them) at Her and calling her horrible names.
Nowhere.
Two men went into the temple. One thanked God that he was not like 'that sinner'. He boasted of himself.
The sinner prayed the Sinners' Prayer: GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME, A SINNER.
Jesus said that the man who prayed the sinners prayer was justified.
KayMarie
Please provide Bible book chapter and verse?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452137 Jun 14, 2013
see why they liked upsidown cross mr or mrs boss

its not me
you make every word upsidedown
be carefull o care gdje su tvoje pare
drahma dr hm aaaaaaaaa
tak i vak ti to otototh..
Are you for sure i am rich/
noooooooooo even 5 cent
pool your pence can i see your pance canada who italy russia india 3x place which where when who
why canada have dry color just before winter time
whoooo try change weather look map
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sicilian_Fl...
comic circus as gipsy gobsy goby desert
https://www.google.com.au/search...
bator sator=

vruce=hot hello love

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452138 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
KayMarie
Omniscient means to know everything. Only living beings can know anything at all, not inanimate objects. Is it now a belief that the Bible is a living being and knows everything like God can?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452139 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Frame that one.
Great post.
Thanks
:)

Have a nice weekend.
NitaM

Valdosta, GA

#452140 Jun 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Catholic is mocking anyone who believes in bible only --sola scriptura! We are merely "challenging" you "fundies to show us (in the bible) where God chose to transmit HIS inspired and infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE! I/we as Catholics all believe that the bible is Gods inspired word! However---Paul speaks of both the written and the oral (the unwritten tradition) in I Thess 2:13 when he teaches that the word of God comes to us orally, as well! Catholics do not believe in Sola Ecclesia. We believe in Sola Verbum Dei (the Word of God alone). This Word comes to us from Christ HIMSELF and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established in Matthew 16:13-21. FURTHERMORE this is all confirmed, verified and substantiated by Paul (again) in I Timothy 3:15 when Paul calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! You bible only "fundies" missed the (Church History) boat, some 1500 year ago, as well as the TRUE Interpretation of the bible, originated by the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD who gave us the Canon of Scripture. For you 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestant bible only beliefs, since the Reformation, the confusion and chaos just keeps getting more confused, more chaotic and more conflicting!!!
Just like the "low information voters" fundies are misguided and blind to the truth, which you loud and clear brilliantly tried to get across in your post. Good job, as I see clearly while others probably don't. Fundies, go figure to try and reason with unreasonable mindsets with the truth, which would clearly set them free.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452141 Jun 14, 2013
truth wrote:
segregate set gregeeeeeee grego6
seeee alecpalec
This post reads like Beavis on his fourth or fifth espresso.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452143 Jun 14, 2013
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452144 Jun 14, 2013
i cry many days and many nights..i pray and cry which name they used
why they laying my people mother mary come them with para=evil nasa program..

a nkh=life

did you play with my life?

no
one life is nothing
but they play with many many many life on this planet ones start not will be finish

byyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452145 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Have a nice weekend.
Same.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452146 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People CHOOSE, and choices have consequences.
This is "silly"?
According to the mind-sets of many Christians, the god gave free will ... with the heavy-duty string attached that if we don't believe IN the god we will be forced by the plan of the same god to suffer the consequences.

What a lot of silly human double-talk.

#452147 Jun 14, 2013
who="Dan"
What I'm saying is that you and marge hold yourself less accountable to scripture than you hold the Apostles.
Both of you spent an entire day trying to explain to me that the Apostles' teachings (with Christ's direct authority) just HAD to be transcribed so "believers" such as yourselves could make sure the Apostles were correct. So you could check their work. So you could approve it as correct.
You two? Walk up to the front of your congregation, say "I believe and I'm saved" and that's it. All good. The Apostles require your audit, but you two slide.

You've got it all wrong. Believing...and talking about it...are two different things.

Besides, the CC's say, "somebody poured water on me when I was born, so I am saved, and I don't have to use scripture as my guide. Comments from people I never knew are all I need."

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452148 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible contains all that God knows? I mean, it's a pretty big book and all, but.....
.......it's still a book. It's inanimate. It isn't sentient, let alone omniscient.
Are you in-sin-u-ate-ing that your ever so holy god left part of his truth to human imagination??? How dare you degrade his highness???

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min River Tam 47,917
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Judgment Day Watc... 618,609
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min River Tam 971,569
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 1 hr Lils 42
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 281,217
Vote for Euro 2016, free game 1 hr Aaron0562 1
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 1 hr Colored Silicone 327
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,012
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 10 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web