Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703884 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452159 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous.
Free will means what it says.
Yes it does. It means "I cut the strings on my gift to you, and you are free to go and do as you please."

If I gave you a parcel of land, and signed the papers that it was a gift ... and then added that I someday wanted money FOR that land ... would you tell me that what I gave you was a gift ... or you tell me that I was a double-dealer???

I suggest you be honest with your self.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452160 Jun 14, 2013

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#452161 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the Bible is Omniscient? I thought that was a capacity only God had.
try reading the Bible.

in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word(Bible) was God.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452162 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use the KJV.
I'm hardly surprised a protestant Bible would have that.
Don't pretend that Catholics don't believe they know the mind of the god, when they self-righteously preach that they do.

It's not nice to lie just to try to defend the image of your church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452163 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in-sin-u-ate-ing that your ever so holy god left part of his truth to human imagination??? How dare you degrade his highness???
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......
THE BIBLE
THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
I looked and a KJV Bible at B&N has 1534 pages.

I'm not comfortable stating that Almighty God only knows enough to fill 1534 pages of text, minus indices and contents pages.

Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452164 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452165 Jun 14, 2013
No creator ever asked me if I wanted to be created, or if I wanted to suffer. I would have said "NO thank you" to both offers.

To sleep isn't bad at all!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452166 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible.
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word(Bible) was God.
An inanimate object is all-knowing. It isn't self-aware (as it's inanimate), yet it's all-knowing.

This is your position?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452167 Jun 14, 2013
o.11
pio 11
1 4 7
https://www.google.com.au/search...

two lovely heart ine re-mind
1/3 humanity will gone for ever
1/3 save but not for so long will be gone
1/3 maybe save not for sure
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#452168 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
KM-
My point stands.
The CC HAS actual ministerial authority, plus I don't go up and baptize myself or declare my own salvation.
You guys do that. "I believe", and that's it. The Apostles' teachings have to pass your "scrutiny", and you decide what God really meant yourself, thank you very much, but Rosez runs out "I believe" and that's done.
I believe scripture.

GOD'S. WORD
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452169 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. It means "I cut the strings on my gift to you, and you are free to go and do as you please."
If I gave you a parcel of land, and signed the papers that it was a gift ... and then added that I someday wanted money FOR that land ... would you tell me that what I gave you was a gift ... or you tell me that I was a double-dealer???
I suggest you be honest with your self.
Free will means "you decide for yourself". It doesn't have "gift" attached to it.

I suggest you be honest with me.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#452170 Jun 14, 2013
NitaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the "low information voters" fundies are misguided and blind to the truth, which you loud and clear brilliantly tried to get across in your post. Good job, as I see clearly while others probably don't. Fundies, go figure to try and reason with unreasonable mindsets with the truth, which would clearly set them free.
~~~

It is the typical reaction/attribute... The political correctness of

the Roman Catholics...to demean, call names belittle, berate and show

their carnal attitudes of arrogance.

..Especially when they cannot gainsay and dominate...It reveals itself

sooner or later...Sooner more so than later...Grace is just not one of

their attributes.

I consider it an occupational hazard ...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452171 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pretend that Catholics don't believe they know the mind of the god, when they self-righteously preach that they do.
It's not nice to lie just to try to defend the image of your church.
LOL.

It's not nice to forget that I posted Church teaching that explicitly said they DON'T know the mind of God RE: why the devil is allowed to act.

Short-term memory must be the first to go.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452172 Jun 14, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

arab mecca
whats deference between lama and deva
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452173 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible.
And I suggest you be honest and add the very important truth that mortal men wrote the words IN that book, and ALL other supposed "holy" books in the many other religions.

You people are very dishonest with your selves, so it's impossible for you to be honest with others.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452174 Jun 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe scripture.
GOD'S. WORD
No, you believe in your own judgment of scripture.

You believe that you can decide what it means. You even subject the Apostles' teaching to your judgment ("I have to see it to make sure").
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452175 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will means "you decide for yourself". It doesn't have "gift" attached to it.
I suggest you be honest with me.
So then, after I give you the land and sign the papers that the land is yours, you won't mind if later I ask you to ignore our first agreement and give me back my land or I will see to it that you go to prison???

You are being very deceptive, and you KNOW it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452176 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
It's not nice to forget that I posted Church teaching that explicitly said they DON'T know the mind of God RE: why the devil is allowed to act.
Short-term memory must be the first to go.
If YOU don't know the mind of your supposed god, then you shouldn't depend on the idea that those who wrote supposed holy books knew the mind of god either.

Your information could be missing the mark of truth by a sky-ward mile.

If that not correct???
Michael

Canada

#452177 Jun 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe scripture.
GOD'S. WORD
I am sure 1.5 BILLION Muslims believe the words of the Quar'an. Millions of Jews follow only the OT and that there is no trinity.

Interesting how the world is so divided, mostly because of family indoctrination.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#452178 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked and a KJV Bible at B&N has 1534 pages.
I'm not comfortable stating that Almighty God only knows enough to fill 1534 pages of text, minus indices and contents pages.
Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book.
~~~

No one has said that God confines Himself to a book...

HE CERTAINLY HAS NOT CONFINED HIMSELF TO BE UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE POPE IN ROME ITALY...

What I say is God is not controlled nor can he be manipulated by a bunch

of wannabes who have set themselves up as the custodians of Christianity.

attempting to assume the position of the HOLY SPIRIT...ON EARTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Quivering Lip Lib... 88,691
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bronzeagelegends 996,589
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 2 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 2 hr Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 3 hr Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 3 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 3 hr Kimbo 10