Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683819 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452013 Jun 14, 2013
When I believed in a god, I was certain that all humans would go to heaven, as I couldn't fathom a god that would be cruel.

But is seems that many people are more then content to believe that an all-powerful god not only allows a devil to work for him, but is fully aware that the devil performs god's dirty work for him.

Religion is BUNK!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452014 Jun 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well one I am not an author of the bible
Two I accepted Jesus as Lord and was baptized as an adult and in that church they had us write a witness..But that part was not necessary for salvation ..heart and soul connecting to Jesus is necessary
It is only through HIM we are saved ..Nit through any Saint..Nit through the CC or the Baptists..THROUGH..Jesus.
No connotrtions necessary. HE MADE THE SACRIFICE..NO ONE ELSE.
Three actually I am writing here.
The gospels DO NOT say people have to write it down down if they are saved.
We say the scripture was written or where did the CHUFCH get it from to compile it..
No, you're not an author of the Bible. You'd hold the actual authors accountable, to you, to write things down so their teachings from Christ could be reviewed by you and hopefully meet with your approval.
You also grant yourself latitude, without the authority the Apostles possessed, to appoint yourself sole arbiter of the meaning of God's word without fear of appeal.
No accountability for you. If you say I believe and I'm saved, it's so. The Apostles's declarations have to be written and approved by you and marge, but no such strictures for you two.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452015 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What possible difference does it make????!!!!!
The point is that you (and others) were objecting to Catholics confessing their sins to a priest. And I pointed out that Jesus said to confess your sins to another person, then asked you who do you confess yours to since you don't confess to a priest. You then couldn't really say "nobody" since you claim to follow Jesus and you couldn't deny his teaching on this. Then you said you confessed to some lady.
My guess is that you made a mistake at some point in the past and hurt this lady's feelings and you told her you were sorry.
So my next question is have you sinned since then?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452016 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why would a Christian even NEED to provide Proof for a Christian beleif in the authority of His Word.
Your catholic question is very similar to what satan asked in the garden, right Dan?
is this satanic attack isnt enough to you people tat in due time, the Vatican and all that hover around it will destroyed by th Word someday.
and we who loved the Lord will be pleased to see Jesus finally defeat His enemies
Some one who believes the Bible to the sole source of Christian teaching and instruction (Sola Scriptura) should be ready to cite said Bible's explicit support for that belief.

Asking for it isn't mockery nor a "satanic attack".

Avoidance of the question is the bad act here, not the asking of the question.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452017 Jun 14, 2013
grijota je vruce je stati pod ogrtacem=truth will set you free=muslim woman remove your ogrtac from yourself..its grijota hide face from god..god know how you looks..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452018 Jun 14, 2013
Bunk

Valueless, worthless.

Attributed to Henry Ford who is alleged to have said that "History is more or less bunk."
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452019 Jun 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid! Although who knows considering some of the guys they were sending out of seminary in the 50's and 60's..
Well, when you posted that about a priest getting excommunicated for having adultery and then trying to absolve his lover...and then pair that with his vicious hatred of the Church and his slanderous tongue...and him saying he got excommunicated...I kind of was thinking he might have been one of those priests? Got caught, exposed, and publicly shamed? It does seem that he has a personal vendetta against the Church.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452020 Jun 14, 2013
sin is hide face from God=grijota je kriti lice od gospodina..

see
words grije=hot grijota=sin
see deference in words

who liked hide face=mask
see
why you scare show your face to god..

My Lord
How many can't see on this world?
MY GREAT GREAT GREAT FATHER DID NOT SEE WHEN PETER
become man!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452021 Jun 14, 2013
Year after year I thought that religions other than my own were bunk ... and then I finally agreed with my self that to level the playing field I should admit that my own religion was "also" bunk.

And that settled the issue ... pun intended.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452022 Jun 14, 2013

Habakkuk 2:2 Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452023 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahahaha
The wicked believe they are good
It seems to be just as it should
The ego's a pain and shall always remain
A constant for those in such moods
That's a keeper, June.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452024 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Year after year I thought that religions other than my own were bunk ... and then I finally agreed with my self that to level the playing field I should admit that my own religion was "also" bunk.
And that settled the issue ... pun intended.
What religion were you an adherent of?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452025 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
same verse in he KJV ad see how much clearer that it is. Praise God.
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Romans 15:5

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452026 Jun 14, 2013
mask=skaf faks
aeiou

muslim religio
woman must be free=remove your skaf from head..don't stay in darkness
remove that from your head..God know your face!
Don't cover up your face!

My Lord
How many can't see?
Peter and Franjo father can't see over 60 years old..39 years in darkness..

My Lord
read
Two lovely heart one re-mind=3
1/3 humanity
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452027 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your poem
I'm a Protestant it's true
But I can be a Catholic too
Islam might be my next choice
Or Buddhism, if I hear the voice
It matters not which one I choose
As the only god will not refuse
My devotion day by day
With that one god I'll always play
June VanDerMark
June 14, 2013
Another keeper. You're good at poetry.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452028 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not an author of the Bible. You'd hold the actual authors accountable, to you, to write things down so their teachings from Christ could be reviewed by you and hopefully meet with your approval.
You also grant yourself latitude, without the authority the Apostles possessed, to appoint yourself sole arbiter of the meaning of God's word without fear of appeal.
No accountability for you. If you say I believe and I'm saved, it's so. The Apostles's declarations have to be written and approved by you and marge, but no such strictures for you two.
Do you believe that a god of love would allow a devil to burn "souls" in hell?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452029 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a keeper, June.
Thanks.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452030 Jun 14, 2013
When someone over 30 years in darkness i remind you
about 1/3 of humanity in darkness
1/3 save but not for so long
1/3 save to be trough holy Cross

my Lord
two lovely heart one re=mind=3
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452031 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"Are you saying that Christ established His Church and then promptly hid it from the world?"
GOD DID NOT GIVE A FRANCHISE OR A MONOPOLY TO ANY... ONE selfish
GROUP ... SUCH AS THE(so called) ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
On the contrary, the Catholic Church is not selfish at all. Her doors are open to everyone. She wishes the whole world come join her feasts. She is not going to let someone come in and desecrate the Holy Eucharist, however.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452032 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a god of love would allow a devil to burn "souls" in hell?
I don't subscribe to Hell necessarily being a place where souls burn.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell,‘eternal fire.’ The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs" (CCC 1035).

To wit, the chief punishment is the estrangement from God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min swampmudd 16,490
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 47 min Doctor REALITY 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 6 hr andet1987 23
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 7 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 11 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 11 hr Doctor REALITY 8
More from around the web